Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub

Average price: $7.58

Brand: Aveeno

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, California on 09/05/2011

This product is great! It helps wash away any dirt or stain on your face and then leaves your face feeling fresh and renewed. All you have to do is... 1. Wash your hands with soap to remove dirt and bacteria from them. 2. Wet your face with warm water. 3. Apply Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub to your face and gently massage it onto you skin. 5. Rinse face with warm water. 6. Pat skin dry with a clean towel. 7. You're done! Your skin will feel smoother and cleaner afterwards. The only flaw with this is that it doesn't really brighten your skin a whole lot, only a little bit. But still a great product nevertheless..

Pros:
  • Leaves skin feeling cleaner/fresh
  • Removes dirt from face
  • Smells good
  • Better complexion
  • Smoother skin
Cons:
  • Doesn't really brighten skin tone

112 out of 206 people found this review helpful

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, Glycine Soja Protein (Soybean), Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Methylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance, Laureth 4, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub, 5 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 10:55 UTC

Member reviews

“Caused severe breakout - do not use!!”
By on

After using this product for about a week I found that it caused a severe breakout - I have never had any kind of acne and was just using the product to clean my face. I would not recommend this product to anyone! Very unhappy :(

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• Caused red irritated skin
  • Caused rough acne looking appearance to my face
  • Caused irritation to my eyes.
  • for about a week
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Be careful you pick up the right aveeno product”
By on

I have used Aveeno products for many years. I recently realized they have changed their bottles. I normally buy the Aveeno clear skin acne wash but unfortunately I picked up this product by mistake being that it looked similar to what I normally used. This product cause a severe acne breakout and rash on my face. I have had acne since high school. This was super harsh on my face. If you have super soft and sensitive skin I would not recommend this product. I love my normal Aveeno product. Once I finally figured out what was causing my breakouts I got rid of this product and went and brought my usual. I will say this product does well on exfoliating my knees and elbows!

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• Breaks out fine skin
  • Harsh beads
  • Rough on skin
  • for about a month
  • $ 8.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've used this for a few weeks now, and at first it was making my skin feel very smooth, I didn't notice any less/more acne, but going on to the 3rd week now I have lots and lots of tiny little bumps all over my chin/cheek area.

This product is the only thing I have been using that's different, I've never had this problem with my skin before

Pros

• at the beginning my skin was feelings so smooth

Cons

• now my skin has LOTS of tiny little bumps all around my cheek/chin area
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Aveeno Skin Brightening Scrub removes all dirt, makeup, dead skin cells on my face while leaving it feeling soft and hydrated. I only use this scrub about once a twice a week or anytime i accidentally sleep with makeup on- oops! I feel that it gives my face a really deep down cleaning. The only drawback is that it sometimes can leave my face feeling tight- i recommened using a moisturizer afterwards.

Pros

• nice packaging
  • does what it claims to do

Cons

• can be a bit over drying
  • severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 6.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My cheeks have always been red and irritated a lot. After using this, i noticed my cheeks have gotten softer and less red and irritated. It really helps exfoliate, but doesn't do much to prevent acne. Applying lotion along with using this also helps.

• moderate
  • for a few months

By on

this is a very okay product make sure when using this you don't scrub your face.also do not use this more than 1 or twice if you do this more you may experience dry flaky spots on

Pros

• even out skin tone
  • get rid of dead skin
  • good size bottle
  • great smell
  • great for exfoliating

Cons

• very rough on skin
  • very light
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had huge brown spots on my forehead, nose and the superior part of my lip due to an expensive Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. I was really carefull when I was applying this product, no sun AT ALL but I still got big brown spots, anyway, after using Aveno for a week, my brown spots are so light that are almost gone, I'm amazed!!! I have tryied so many different products and none of them gave me the result in only one week and I'd like to add that I'm using Palmer's brown spot correctors and I'm having a great result. Very happy!!! Remember! No sun AT ALL.

• for about a week
  • $ 16

By on

I have been using this producr for about 4 months now, in the morning, and its great! I feel like its helped clear all the scars and marks on my face.

Pros

• helps clear scars
  • Evens out skin tone
  • helps with overall complextion

Cons

• Stings the eyes a little
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

First exfoliant i have used so far that does not irritate breakouts, but helps sooth them.

Pros

• deep cleans
  • makes skin tone look more even
  • if used gently, exfoliates well

Cons

• dries out skin if you do not moisturize afterwards
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I would not expect your acne to clear with this product, only to be used as an exfoliator (be cautious about using it every day if you have dry or sensitive skin - perhaps just once a week)

Pros

• Gentle Exfoliator

Cons

• Contains scent
  • 2nd ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate so it can be drying, but it does contain glycerin
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.