Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser reviews

3.7/5 - 140 reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) (acne medication).

Water, Glycerin, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, PEG 16 Soy Sterol, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG 16 Macadamia Glyceride, Glycine Soja Protein (soybean), Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, 6 fl oz
updated: 02/28/2015 19:10 UTC
Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser, 6 Ounce
updated: 02/28/2015 19:10 UTC

Terrible
Reviewed on July 2, 2014

This just made my face worse. I used it for a few months and it never got better. I took a break and then went back to it once to experiment, and the next day I had several new pimples. It is soft and the foam is nice, but it's not the right product for me.

amazing!
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

I've been using this for a year now and its amazing! non-drying, takes away the extra oil and keeps my skin calm. love love LOVE!!

Better than most
Reviewed on December 9, 2014

I've been using it for 5 months now, and up until this last month I was seeing great results, better than anything else I'd tried. However, lately, I've been noticing more breakouts, but I think it is due to diet, stress and lack of sleep more than my cleanser, so if you are eating healthier and sleeping more than I am now, it would probably work better for you!

Doesn't irritate my skin
Reviewed on May 10, 2014

When I first started using it I got dry patches on my skin, but I guess I got used to it.

It didn't help with acne or evening my skin. I never used it to remove makeup since it really didn't seem like it could, but I would follow my makeup wipes with a wash with it.

It's not irritating (except for that first week) and it cleans my skin. Nothing special though.

Not awful, not great
Reviewed on December 28, 2013

This cleanser is fairly gentle and inexpensive, but it just doesn't get the job done. It probably won't make your skin worse, but it's not going to help you either, unless you've only got mild breakouts/blackheads. If you have sensitive skin, I'd stay away because this was slightly drying.

Not recommended for moderate acne. It also won't help with any cysts.

best results ive ever gotten out of a cleanser
Reviewed on July 17, 2013

I have moderate to severe acne so there arent many products ive come across that are gentle enough to use on my sensitive skin but strong enough to clear my skin. right now i am on an antibiotic that helps greatly but doesnt do the job completely without a topical treatment. when i first sought professional help for my acne bout 2 years ago i started using a product sample of aqua glycolic cleanser along with epiduo cream which worked wonderfully on my skin by clearing it completely to the point where it had become poreless and glowing but i eventually could not afford the price of the epiduo because of an issue with insurance and was unable to find the aqua glycolic cleanser. i was then left with the option of going back to an over the counter cleanser. ive tried most drug store cleansers which all claim to help acne but ironically have ingredients in them that are bad for acne prone skin. however when i came across Aveeno foaming clear complexion cleanser it specifically stated it wouldn't clog pores, was soap free, oil free, and hypoallergenic. They were all things that are recommended for you to look for on any product you buy for acne prone skin. I gave it a try and it has become my favorite cleanser to this day. In fact even the facial scrub is good too. although i wouldn't recommend using that particular one every day. 0.5 % salicylic acid isn't enough to clear skin completely but makes the product gentle enough to use regularly. please try if you are having trouble finding a product that addresses all your needs in a cleanser for your skin because this is totally worth the try.

A miracle on mild acne!
Reviewed on July 16, 2013

l started using this product when l was about eleven years old (when l began to get acne). The cleanser burned slightly, but when l washed it off, the two whitehead l had prior to applying the face wash was reduced to nothing! c:

However, as l grew older, my acne grew tougher. l don't see any significant effect it has on my stubborn acne anymore.

lt still makes my skin glow and look smoother, though! So, l'd recommend it to people who have very mild to mild acne.

Reviewed on May 19, 2013

I have used two bottles so far, and I'm planning on buying it again after finishing the other cleansers I bought. It's a really soft, fluffy and fun foam. It's typically easy to get out, minus the occasional pump jams. It was my first ever cleanser (When I was 11, I think) and when I first used it, it burned like fire. I nearly cried from the pain. Hey, hey my skin was young and sensitive when I was in Grade 5. I threw it away when it was about 3/4 done, since I couldn't stand the sting, even though it soothed down as I continued to use it. After I went through so much pain, I didn't notice how clear my skin has gotten (besides my war-zone of a forehead) I love this product, and there's not really another product that I tried that foams like this.

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

I also used this with St. Ives green tea scrub about three times a week, the combination of this two products were the only thing that has actually minimized the size of my pores greatly.

Reviewed on March 2, 2013

I have been using this product for years, and I really do like it. I prefer using it during the summer months because it is a bit drying, I make sure to always follow up with a moisturizer! It leaves your skin feeling nice and clean, but does little to help acne. If used in conjunction with other acne products (such as benzoyl peroxide) you would have better results.