Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) (Acne medication).

Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer, 4 fl oz
updated: 07/02/2015 06:53 UTC
Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer, 4 Ounce
updated: 07/02/2015 06:53 UTC

A no regret purchase
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

One of the best moisturizers I have ever purchased! It is fairly expensive, but it has lasted me nearly 5 months. I react very badly to Benzoyl Peroxide and was glad to find that this contained Salicylic Acid. It doesn't necessarily prevent any breakouts for me, but it keeps them at bay. It's moisturizing, gentle, and absorbs well into the skin. It also smells very nice, which is a bonus! It evens out my complexion too, and gets rid of any patchy dry spots. Overall, I recommend this as a daily moisturizer for anybody,

Fairly impressed ☺
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I suffered from acne pretty bad from 12-17. Now i get the occasional break out. Well recently I have been battling a break out that wouldn't go away. I can't use benzoyle peroxide because its to harsh on my very sensitive skin. And all the other brands with Salicylic acid dried it out or didn't help any. But after using this for 4 days my skin is amazing!! It looks evenly toned and all my spots, redness, and dry skin are almost gone!! Being a 22 yr old male I was questioning even considering a women's product. But I don't regret it now!!

Made my skin worse
Reviewed on January 9, 2014

Used it for a month and it broke me out, adding new pimples to my face.

by krsone on 03/31/2014 04:22
Awee it's normal to break out after using something for a month! Your skin has to adapt. I always give new products 3 months to see if it works for me. :)
Reviewed on November 21, 2012

Slightly on the expensive side, so I'm looking for a stronger lotion with benzoyl peroxide for when this lotion runs out, but I will keep using it until it does

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

my acne finally cleared up and I needed a moisturizer but was wary of it making me break out. I figured since this 1 was for acne it wouldn't break me out but it did :( once I stopped my skin cleared up again

by krsone on 03/31/2014 04:23
I believe that you didn't give it enough time. It's definitely normal to break out after using something just for 1 week! Your skin has to adapt. I always give new products 3 months to see if it works for me. :)
Reviewed on October 28, 2012

One thing I forgot to add to my previous review - the thing that makes this item work the best for me is because it uses salicylic acid (the mellow stuff) instead of benzoyl peroxide (the harsh stuff). I don't know if maybe I just got a special brand or if all of Aveeno's Clear Complexion bottles are like this but that definitely makes the difference - benzoyl peroxide is definitely terrible for sensitive skin, which is why I love that Aveeno items are always mild yet effective and dermatologist-approved.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I've been on the regimen for about 3 days now and I have been using CVS gentle-purpose cleanser, neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% BP treatment cream, and this product, and I have to say they are a good combination. I feel more confident, like seeing the results, and I cannot wait until I have clear skin! I would definitely recommend this product. It contains 0.5% salicylic acid to further protect against breakouts. It was worth the $$.

Reviewed on June 3, 2012

I'm 14 years old and I used to have pretty bad acne, but it went away about a year ago. I was using "Aveeno Fresh Essentials" before this and it worked wonders on my skin. I was stupid enough to switch and now I regret it. I had one breakout on my cheek, and it turned into a bunch of really red really bumppy ones! I want my money back!

Reviewed on April 10, 2012

I have went years without using a moisturizer. I decided to give this one a shot about 4 months ago, and it is working wonders for me. I use it in the morning and at night and if I happen to shower during the day. Its amazing!