Aveeno Active Naturals Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin reviews

4.4/5 - 24 reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Aveeno Active Naturals Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin

Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil.

Aveeno Active Naturals Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin

Aveeno Moisturizing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Dry Skin, Fragrance Free, 3.5 oz (6 pack)
updated: 10/07/2015 10:36 UTC

Reviewed on September 2, 2015

By far the BEST face wash I've ever used. I have oily skin, but I prefer using this because I love the feeling during and after I use this soap. It gives me a creamy sensation while washing my face and I love the "oaty" smell. Yes it is cheap, but it doesn't clog my pores and leaves my face a completely clean, smooth, fresh and balanced (no squeaky feeling and doesnt leave a film). Unlike other treatments, products and medications, this is the only product that helped with my acne and cleared it up. I have finished my 1st bar weeks ago and All of the malls I have been to are out of stock. I returned to using my other face washes (vmv,cetaphil), which Had given me acne again:(. Luckily, I've found one last stock and bought it right away. It saved my skin again after a day and I would say that that I have found my HG face wash.

Exactly as Advertised
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

I use this in the bathroom to wash my face before bed. keeps my skin hydrated and refreshed.

Reviewed on March 13, 2015

I used to use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser in the morning and night. It never really produced the results I was loking for, so I figured it was time to try something new. Almost immediately, I noticed a positive change in my skin: it felt smoother, and the redness (from minor acne) was beginning to fade. After about two weeks, I knew I had found the perfect cleansing bar for me. It does dry my skin slightly, but I use an Aveeno Daily Moisturizer morning and night and it takes care of that. I am so thankful for Aveeno's products and their natural approach to skin care - it is the only brand I use now.

Works well
Reviewed on August 22, 2014

This face bar is something I always go back to. It can dry my skin a bit around my mouth and nose, but on the bright side it somehow helps with my acne. I used it for a month and noticed a reduction in my acne. Maybe because it doesn't have many harsh ingredients? The oatmeal soothes my red skin(reduces redness). The only complaint is that my skin gets more oily during the day opposed to when using cetaphil cleanser. I'm going to try using this with my toner and update this post to see if that will help more with some of the Oilyness I experience. I want to keep using this due to the fact that it helps with my breakouts even tho it has no acne medication in it!

The BEST product for acne
Reviewed on January 24, 2014

Aveeno moisturizing bar is by far the best cleanser I've ever used for acne. After struggling for YEARS trying so many different products I've finally found something for my sensitive, acne prone skin. I've been using this soap for about a month, and I'm hooked! My skin has never been this clear and soft! Plus, this soap doesn't have any cancer causing agents or skin irritants. It's just fantastic! So good, I had to sign up to write this review about it. Everyone should use this!!

Saved my skin.
Reviewed on January 9, 2014

Randomly picked this up at CVS. I heard Aveeno products were great so I thought I'd give it a try. My skin had been so dry from other products I was using to clear my acne. After a few days of using this twice a day my face was so smooth and the roughness from acne was completely gone! already repurchased

Reviewed on September 10, 2012

Do not buy if you already have dry skin. This is for people with oily skin. This dries your skin without the intense creams and benzoyl peroxide, and it feels good when it does it.

Reviewed on September 13, 2011

My skin changes as the season change. Right now, in southern California, the weather's been bipolar as the summer is ending and fall is starting soon. My face has been so dry and flaky and moisturizing it with facial lotion burns! I also have blemishes here and there. I might have also used too many products which most likely irritated my skin even more. I decided to stop all the products I use (facial scrubs, astrigent, lotion w/ heavy ingredients, etc.) and use something more "plain". Aveeno moisturizing bar is the perfect fit! As soon as I got home, I washed my face and lather it gently in circular motions and all over the dry/flaky spot. It didn't have that burning/stingy feeling and it soothes the redness away. I dry my face gently with a towel leaving my face a little damp and my skin was peeling off the flakes. I just use a cottonball to scrape it away. My skin felt amazing after and it felt very clean, less dry, and it left my skin a bit of moisture, preventing it dry and flake. I have only used it for a day twice: morning and night and it made a difference.

Reviewed on April 7, 2011

Holy Damn. It took me 3 years to find a product for my dry skin but also clears my acne. When I found this product I was just looking for something my dry skin. On a scale from 1 to 10 on how dry my skin dried it was probaly an 8. Most recently my skin got so bad that it was literally tearing. I tried this and it washed away those flakes and made my skin feel baby soft. It even clears my acne. It tones my skin too which is a relief because i have a lot of acne marks. Its so good that my mom has even notice. Now i can't wait to wash my face and look in the mirror. My mom even noticed and she loves touching my skin she sometimes sneak up in the morning to touch it. I caught her once and she said it was because my skin was so soft, and the funny thing about it is that i've only been using it for 2 days. I LOVEE THIS PRODUCT I FINALLY HAVE MY CONFIDENCE BACK.

Reviewed on August 13, 2010

I been using this bar for many years. And I love it, it has a wonderful effect on my skin.

I have very sensitive skin and it gets irritated easily and drys out. So, I try to use as little products as I can on my face, as either, they dry it out, irritate it too much, or inflames my acne. But this bar does not seem to do any of that, so for me it is the perfect facial bar.

So while this moisturizing bar does not treat acne itself. It does allow me to clean my face thoroughly without drying it or making my acne worst. Which does help a lot.