Aveeno Active Naturals Moisturizing Bar for Dry Skin reviews

4.4/5 - 21 reviews

Brand: Aveeno

Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil.

Aveeno Moisturizing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Dry Skin, Fragrance Free, 3.5 oz (6 pack)
updated: 12/22/2014 14:34 UTC

Works well
Reviewed on August 22, 2014

This face bar is something I always go back to. It can dry my skin a bit around my mouth and nose, but on the bright side it somehow helps with my acne. I used it for a month and noticed a reduction in my acne. Maybe because it doesn't have many harsh ingredients? The oatmeal soothes my red skin(reduces redness). The only complaint is that my skin gets more oily during the day opposed to when using cetaphil cleanser. I'm going to try using this with my toner and update this post to see if that will help more with some of the Oilyness I experience. I want to keep using this due to the fact that it helps with my breakouts even tho it has no acne medication in it!

The BEST product for acne
Reviewed on January 24, 2014

Aveeno moisturizing bar is by far the best cleanser I've ever used for acne. After struggling for YEARS trying so many different products I've finally found something for my sensitive, acne prone skin. I've been using this soap for about a month, and I'm hooked! My skin has never been this clear and soft! Plus, this soap doesn't have any cancer causing agents or skin irritants. It's just fantastic! So good, I had to sign up to write this review about it. Everyone should use this!!

Saved my skin.
Reviewed on January 9, 2014

Randomly picked this up at CVS. I heard Aveeno products were great so I thought I'd give it a try. My skin had been so dry from other products I was using to clear my acne. After a few days of using this twice a day my face was so smooth and the roughness from acne was completely gone! already repurchased

Reviewed on September 10, 2012

Do not buy if you already have dry skin. This is for people with oily skin. This dries your skin without the intense creams and benzoyl peroxide, and it feels good when it does it.

Reviewed on September 13, 2011

My skin changes as the season change. Right now, in southern California, the weather's been bipolar as the summer is ending and fall is starting soon. My face has been so dry and flaky and moisturizing it with facial lotion burns! I also have blemishes here and there. I might have also used too many products which most likely irritated my skin even more. I decided to stop all the products I use (facial scrubs, astrigent, lotion w/ heavy ingredients, etc.) and use something more "plain". Aveeno moisturizing bar is the perfect fit! As soon as I got home, I washed my face and lather it gently in circular motions and all over the dry/flaky spot. It didn't have that burning/stingy feeling and it soothes the redness away. I dry my face gently with a towel leaving my face a little damp and my skin was peeling off the flakes. I just use a cottonball to scrape it away. My skin felt amazing after and it felt very clean, less dry, and it left my skin a bit of moisture, preventing it dry and flake. I have only used it for a day twice: morning and night and it made a difference.

Reviewed on April 7, 2011

Holy Damn. It took me 3 years to find a product for my dry skin but also clears my acne. When I found this product I was just looking for something my dry skin. On a scale from 1 to 10 on how dry my skin dried it was probaly an 8. Most recently my skin got so bad that it was literally tearing. I tried this and it washed away those flakes and made my skin feel baby soft. It even clears my acne. It tones my skin too which is a relief because i have a lot of acne marks. Its so good that my mom has even notice. Now i can't wait to wash my face and look in the mirror. My mom even noticed and she loves touching my skin she sometimes sneak up in the morning to touch it. I caught her once and she said it was because my skin was so soft, and the funny thing about it is that i've only been using it for 2 days. I LOVEE THIS PRODUCT I FINALLY HAVE MY CONFIDENCE BACK.

Reviewed on August 13, 2010

I been using this bar for many years. And I love it, it has a wonderful effect on my skin.

I have very sensitive skin and it gets irritated easily and drys out. So, I try to use as little products as I can on my face, as either, they dry it out, irritate it too much, or inflames my acne. But this bar does not seem to do any of that, so for me it is the perfect facial bar.

So while this moisturizing bar does not treat acne itself. It does allow me to clean my face thoroughly without drying it or making my acne worst. Which does help a lot.

Reviewed on August 10, 2010

This was amazing after I first used BP for the first time my skin was so dry and itchy after one use my skin felt a lot better and within 1 week my skin was back to normal.

Reviewed on March 3, 2010

This product is amaizing, i've only being using it for about 2-3 days now and my skin is different! It's obviously softer and it is actually clearing up blemishes when i only expected it to make skin more moist :) i love it highly reccomended.

Reviewed on October 19, 2009

is an amazing product you should try it.