Aveda Outer Peace Acne Relief Kit reviews

3.6/5 - 19 reviews

Brand: Aveda

Outer Peace Foaming Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acid, Betaine, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance, Citral, Alcohol Denat., Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Gluconate, Phenoxyethanol.

Outer Peace Acne Spot Relief
Salicylic Acid (2%).

Other Ingredients:
Water, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethyl Macadamiate, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alcohol Denat., Coco-Glucoside, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Corn Starch Modified, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Caffeine, Sclerotium Gum, Sodium Salicylate, Linalool.

Outer Peace Acne Relief Lotion
Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water, Stearic Acid, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Betaine, Dimethicone, Corn Starch Modified, Methyl Soyate, Coco-Glucoside, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Caffeine, Fragrance, Sodium Salicylate, Sodium PCA

Outer Peace Acne Relief Pads
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat., Betaine, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Sodium Salicylate, Fragrance.

NO NO
Reviewed on June 7, 2014

Used it for good 3 months without the pads. In the beginning it looked liked it worked but then after a month it completely stopped. The spot relief did nothing to the acne even when i applied it faithfully every night to an active acne. I can still feel bumps on my skin.So Ive stopped using it and will not purchase it ever again.

Fantastic so far...
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I've had issues with mild acne for about 3 years now, and have tried heaps of products and dietary adaptations, with nothing providing the desired results. My hairdresser recommended the Aveda Acne Relief Kit, claiming it was the only thing that worked for him (he had also tried the works, including laser acne treatment). I've been using Aveda for only a month, and the results are ridiculously amazing. My skin feels clean, and spot free, and even scars are slowly disappearing. I generally use the cleanser and moisturiser at night (when I have more time) and the relief pads in the morning (I've found pads to be most beneficial). Honestly, if you've been tossing up between different products, I'd give this a shot for sure. If you're short on money, I'd stick with the blemish relief pads.

I feel like I'm promoting Clearasil on a morning show program! But it honestly worked for me!

Anonymous, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed on September 28, 2012

This is a tried and true, premium system of products. I found it VASTLY beneficial combined with a topical prescription (clyndamycin/hydrogen peroxide gel). On its own, the topical prescription left my skin in rough shape. With Outer Peace, I noticed ZERO irritation and quicker results. Here are my comments on each product:

1. FOAMING CLEANSER: It's very easy not to use the cleanser effectively. You DO NOT need more than one or two pumps. You DO need to work it into a lather. Apply it onto your face rather than emulsifying it in your hands first.

2. ACNE RELIEF PADS: These can be cut in half and are just as effective. They should be gently applied to your skin, not scrubbed in.

3. ACNE SPOT RELIEF: If you want to cut the cost down even more, I would say this is the only product in the system that isn't essential to achieving results.

4. ACNE RELIEF LOTION: Balances moisture levels very well and gives your skin a healthy glow.

5. COOLING MASQUE: Some might skip out on this step, but honestly, NOTHING I've used works better at reducing inflammation. It will also last you quite a bit longer than the rest of the products, since you don't want to use it daily. Once weekly works well!

If you can afford it, the facial Aveda offers in its spas can really supplement the results you'll see from the products.

Reviewed on July 2, 2012

I've been using this kit for 3 months now, and have not noticed a huge difference. I have adult acne, and before just a problem area on my chin. Now I have acne all along my jaw line that was not there before.

Anonymous, Norfolk, VA
Reviewed on February 11, 2011

If you've got the money and maybe moderate acne - this is a good product to invest in. I personally only use the cleanser and mosturizer - I found the other products to make no difference whether I used them or not. The cleanser is pretty nice - it dissolves make up and oil almost instantaneously - and unlike a lot of other powerful cleanser it doesn't leave your skin super dry.

The mosturizer also has excellent balancing qualities. It's light - but not so light that you end up dry in the combination zones.

Good product - would highly recommend if nothing else is working for you

Anonymous, Texas
Reviewed on February 4, 2011

Really expensive and not worth it. I just asked to get my money back

Patricia, California
Mel, LA, California
Reviewed on May 25, 2010

I do not think you need to use all the products together, actually using all of them together every day and night made my skin dry. I love the cleanser and use that on a daily basis, but the pads i only use 3-4x a week when my skin gets a bit oily. The lotions work better when mixed. If it is too expensive for you to get all of the products, I would go with the cleanser and lotion.

Reviewed on May 13, 2010

I would not suggest this product. It is expensive and did not work as advertised. I used it consistently for 3 months with no results.

Anonymous
Reviewed on March 23, 2010

i have tried tons of acne lines and this is the first that has worked for me/ i get compliments on my skin now :)