Avar Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%) LS Cleanser reviews

1/5 - 1 review

Brand: Avar

Avar Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%) LS Cleanser

Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%).

Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acacia, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Hectorite, Sodium Thiosulfate, Stearyl Alcohol.

Avar Sodium Sulfacetamide (10%) and Sulfur (2%) LS Cleanser

Full of fragrance and irritants
Reviewed on October 31, 2016

My dermatologist gave this to me because I have mild reactive rosacea due to irritating products. Ironically enough, it just ended up irritating me even more.

First off, if you are allergic to fragrance, which I am, do not buy this. This is why this sulfur cleanser, which is supposed to be so magically healing for so many people, just ended up giving me an itchy acne-like rash and pimples on my skin. (I wish I had seen an allergist before the dermatologist, as they determined I am highly allergic to fragrance and even small amounts give me acne and itchiness...word of advice, get patch testing done.)

Secondly, the first ingredient listed is benzyl alcohol, followed by cetyl alcohol and SLS. ALL of these ingredients are highly pore clogging for people with sensitive skin. In fact, SLS gets a 5/5 rating for being comedogenic and using cleansers with it has given me nodules; it leaves a film on your face all day [like SLES, its sister sulphate]. The alcohol derivatives also made it quite drying, so how this is supposed to help sensitive and rosacea-plagued skin is beyond me.

If you can't tolerate Cetaphil and CereVe without getting dry or breaking out just say no to this cleanser.