Avène Cleanance K reviews

4.7/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Avène

CLEANANCE K
Reviewed on September 20, 2015

WHERE HAS IT GONE ! This product was inexpensive and made a visible difference to my acne prone skin in days. I have been using it, my secret weapon against a life ridiculed with acne. It cleared my acne without drying my skin beyond repair like horrible benzoyl peroxide & products that you get from doctors & pharmacies ! THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT ON THE MARKET & with a layer of foundation with a good SPF I even gladly wore it in the day ! PLEASE BRING IT BACK ??? !!! I LOOK AWFUL THESE DAYS :(

happy skin
Reviewed on April 9, 2015

thank you for this product, I tried different products even pricey ones but it caused more irritation on my face. Cleanance worked on my blemishes and irritation marks and improved the texture of my skin as well.

by WiseCrackers on 07/07/2015 01:17
How long did it take you before seeing results? Thank you
guy ! i love you so much!!!
Reviewed on April 26, 2014

This Avene Cleanance K Cream-Gel is a daily treatment helps eliminate clogged pores, blackheads, and blemishes to reveal a brighter, clearer complexion. It say that this moisturizers is for Skin Type that is oily, Blemish-Prone . This product help my unclog pores and help reduce my blemishes in few day . This product has 6% Glycolic Acid, 2% Lactic Acid, and 1% Salicylic Acid to exfoliate the skin . And it is non-comedogenic.This product also rich in Avene Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften the skin and has oil absorbing powders to ensure instant shine-control .!!! I use this just at night because it can exfoliate your skin and make your skin feel so nice in the morning >.<

3 Weeks on Cleanance K so far
Reviewed on June 9, 2013

So I've been using Cleanance K for about 3 weeks now. I purchased the Avene kit, with the soapless cleanser and the thermal water spray. In addition to that, I've been taking 50mg of Zinc and Cod liver oil tablets.

A background to my skin - I have combination/oily skin which is extremely sensitive. I can hardly ever wear make up without breaking out. I have mild to moderate acne. I am also a skin picker, so I have pretty bad scarring.

SO initially, this product dried out my existing pimples, hydrated my skin and smoothed it out almost overnight! I was ecstatic. However, a few days in, I broke out BADLY and kept breaking out. I read up on it and realised it was my skin purging due to the AHAs and BHAs and decided to stick with it for atleast 2 months to see how it goes.

So its been three weeks now, my skin has been on a rollercoaster. Overall, many of my acne scars have faded! YAY. It works well at drying out pimples overnight, but I still break out in new ones (although fewer than my initial purging stage). I will update this review and/or on a blog post after some additional weeks.

by ilikaducha on 09/20/2015 16:50
If it did that then your skin problem is hormonal and you should see a doctor for an anti biotic (I use trimethoprim low dose over 6 months) or Diane (contraceptive tablet high in oestrogen) I CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS NOT THE CLEANANCE K
Cleanance K- Pretty good... and this is coming from a guy...
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

Background: I've always had problems with my skin. I've never gotten clear on ANYTHING, and i've gone on accutane, minomycin (or whatever the hell that antibiotic was), differin and the over the counter stuff too. Then i found this little beaut. I've been on the regimen before, and it worked, but then i got the measles, and the BP seemed to be wreaking sudden havoc on my face so i stopped and never went back on again (cuz i was reluctant to start all over again), and this was the only thing that SEMI worked for me. I was a bit skeptical at first, cuz it looked like a chick product, and was pretty pricey but i went with it anyway and im glad i did! Its normally pretty pricey, especially for a small quantity of 40mL, but if you live in Australia like i do go to ChemistWarehouse and get it there for 20 bucks! It can be up to 30 bucks at some places...

What it is: So basically, its a cream/gel. Its not thick persay, but its got a unique texture, and it has a sort of vinegary smell which can sometimes bother people but it doesnt bother me. Its rich in BHAs and AHAs... and its an exfoliant. It works by instead of killing the acne like BP does, it instead works on the basis of PREVENTION. Since acne is from clogged pores, due to its very high BHA and AHA's, it unclogs these pores and stops the pimple from forming all together. Its from France, made there with the Avene spring water which is scientifically proven to improve skin (and the water apparently has been used to treat skin conditions for AGES... but then again that was the brochure so... *shrugs*), and you apply it at night after youve brushed your teeth, and cleansed, and about to go to sleep.

My experience so far: At first i didn't notice much improvement on my acne. It did reduce it a little, but the main effect i saw was how smooth my face was. it was nice and supple, no dehydration at all, and it was perfectly moisturised.

I'm on week 10 of it, and ive seen some pretty good changes! At first, it didnt really do anything to stop future acne. I still got my breakouts (and i was devastated), but the thing i noticed was that my acne scars were disappearing quickly. So i was happy to a certain extent. Then came about maybe week 5? I stopped getting acne on my right cheek, but still on my left (it also seemed like the left cheek acne kept coming... i dont know why. im weird). and throughout week 7-9 my right side still got some pimples, except like... very minor ones, and the scars there disappeared, while my left side still broke out. Its only now that i think my left side has gotten better. Its gotten to the same stage my right side got to in the week 4 stages. I've noticed less breakouts (although i still get some), but its clearing pretty good so far.

Conclusion: Great product. Their range is really good and would probably work with people with light acne to moderate. I have oily, very reactive skin... so i guess it only semi works for me. Im still using it, but it hasn't FULLY cleared my acne. It takes TIME to work, so dont go all devastated on it and throw it away when u dont see results in a week... its REALLY GENTLE! Its the only head over BP so far. Its super gentle, and feels wonderful in the morning to a soft and supple face. However, with that being said, it doesnt clear acne for me... so i might start using it with a combination of BP and Cleanance K. I'm yet to start, but i will be writing a diary about it, so look out for it in my channel.

So bottom line... Im happy with it. the 10 weeks were not wasted in my opinion, and 1 tube lasted me those 10 weeks. so... 2 dollars/week? SO WORTH IT. It regulated my oily skin, and it moisturised well. Definitely a keeper. AND THIS IS ALL COMING FROM A GUY SO YOU SHOULD TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT TOO!

Reviewed on September 8, 2010

I love the Avène range as it caters for oily, acne prone and sensitive skin, yet is powerful enough to remove excess sebum and diminish breakouts without leaving skin irritated or over-cleansed.

Since a main cause of acne happens to be irritation, I thoroughly recommend the Cleanance line for any acne sufferer who is unhappy with their current regimen products, whether they be too gentle (I found this was apparent with Cetaphil) or too harsh like most brands for targeting acne (Proactiv, Neutrogena, etc).

Cleanance K is an exfoliating moisturizer containing aha and bha's to clear blackheads and help heal breakouts. I don't use this as a moisturizer as such, although it is regarded as one. I use it more as a nightly spot-treatment/exfoliator all over my face after cleaning with the Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser, then in the morning I use the Cleanance Anti-Shine Regulating Lotion as a moisturizer underneath makeup.

Beware, if applied to some parts of the face particularly open lesions it will tingle or even sting to the point where the only relief is to remove it with cold water. I find this only really happens if I have cleansed a little too vigorously beforehand. Do not let this dissuade you from trying this great product, as I believe it really does deliver if used properly to help blemishes to heal as well as provide a gentle exfoliating action.