Augmentation reviews

Reviewed on March 16, 2012

At first when they had just finished the injections I thought it looked great but an hour later my skin was all bumpy and a week later my skin was back to how it was before

Reviewed on January 25, 2011

I had restyline (non perminant haluronic acid) for some atrophic scars on my cheeks, I had wonderful results for the major wide but shallow atrophic scar. But it made the deeper ones look worse because the restylin just got pushed out around them. The great thing is it will help heal your scars in the long run. Stretch out your scars and see if they go smooth and then don't hesitate to do it. Everything else i tried (needling) and retin had very limited results.

I would happy to get these injections for the rest of my life.

Reviewed on November 24, 2010

This was my first scar treatment after Accutane left me with severe scarring on my cheeks and chin. (You can see my posts.)

I had Fraxel thrust on me by many doctors but wasn't prepared to take such a risk ivent he horror stories and how sensitive my skin is.

I opted for fillers as a confidence boost instant fix because these scars had stopped me living for a year.

I'ts now 2weeks post proceedure and Im happy. Two of my scars were missed because fot he awkwardness of one, and one appearing to be filled due to swelling I believe, but I would say I have a 70% improvement. I happy my follow up consult in a few days and am going to dermaroll at home to help with texture. My pictures can be found on my posts and I highly recommend this filler.

Reviewed on October 4, 2009

I had my first round of Restylane done by the #1 Restylane provider in my area. I was disappointed a week later, when it subsided. I then purchased my own Restylane and injected myself. I did so much better than the doctor. It really takes skills to get good results.

Reviewed on July 28, 2009

I no longer have acne on my face thanks to accutane, but I do have scarring--I believe my derm called it hypotrophic (shallow indentations). I tried collagen injections but they lasted a month, if that, so I gave up on them. Then later I tried Restalyne, and what a difference! I've had at least 5 treatments, but each time it lasts longer than before. The last time it lasted 18 months between treatments (yes, really!). They use a topical numbing cream which completely eliminates the pain, but I've had it done without the cream, and it's tolerable. You might look bumpy for a day or two, and it might then appear to wear off for a couple weeks, but then your own collagen builds up around the molecules and well, it's so fantastic!! I highly recommend! I can get away with one syringe now, and it's about 400 or 500 US dollars. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on September 14, 2008

I have had depressed acne pits on both of my cheeks for about 2 yrs. They weren't that bad until I started doing microdermabrasion at a beauty clinic and it seemed to make my skin worse w/ new pits. Makeup didn't really help hide the scars and in certain lights, my face looks horrible. Went to see Dr. Kojian in Garden Grove, CA. I did not want any laser treatments or anything that would make me miss time at work. He suggested that I purchase a syringe of Juvederm for $525. I was so nervous. He gave me a dental block and put numbing cream on my face. Dr. Kojian was very nice and gave me tips on how to control my acne. We took before and after pictures and the difference was amazing. I still have some pits left but we ran out of filler. Today is Day 2 and I will keep you posted on the results. My cheeks have some red marks from where the needle was inserted but there are less pits on my face then before. If you would like before & after pics, contact me.

Reviewed on May 18, 2008

I did silicone, (microdroplet technique with medical grade silicone) in some deeper scars. It takes several treatments to get closer to the desired effect because it is permanent, so they don't want to over fill. The injected silicone causes collagen to grow around it, so it takes about a month before you can see the results.

I've done it twice now, basically no downtime, there was a little swelling for about a week. My most recent treatment was 3 months ago. No drawbacks so far.

I highly suggest it if you can find a competent dr, but there is more risk with silicone cause it's permanent [link removed]

Reviewed on May 10, 2008

It looks great! My skin feels much more smooth and even. I love it, only I wish without the bumps. Let me see what happens.

Reviewed on November 30, 2007

I had this procedure done and had absolutely no result.

Reviewed on September 12, 2007

Had 1 cc of resty injected into cheeks for depressed scars. Also a couple on my chest. I think it worked very good. Paid $500.