Atralin Tretinoin (.05%) Gel reviews

3.4/5 - 26 reviews

Brand: Atralin

Tretinoin (0.05%).

Benzyl alcohol, butyl paraben, butylated hydroxytoluene, carbomer 940, ethyl paraben, fish collagen hydrolyzates, glycerin, iso-butyl paraben, methylparaben, octoxynol 9, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium hyaluronate, and trolamine.

Works but irritating
Reviewed on February 11, 2017

It worked at first put then my dermatologist upped me to a higher dose and it just made my sensitive skin way too irritated!

Dried my face out!
Reviewed on September 22, 2016

Derm put me on this RX. I learned quickly this wasn't for me. Not sure if it's bc I have sensitive skin, but it made me peely. She switched me to another cream that works better for my skin!

Works to a degree
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

Going to be straight to the point. It will clear you up about 60%. It will destroy your skin for the first couple months though. Use it at night only, and sparringly. DO NOT put it near your mouth or eyes because those areas will forsurely peel uncontrollably. Use coconut oil as a moisturizer, and tea tree oil (dilute with water) as a toner. Those two things will help A LOT!!

If you have some cash, go out and buy the ZAP kit by Saje. You will only need to use this cream once to twice a week then. Also, the moisturizer by Holista called Tea Tree and Vitamin E oil will save your skin from break outs and dryness. Use it at bedtime, after your night care routine, or after you use the retinoid cream.

Good product for moderate acne
Reviewed on February 29, 2016

I like this product. I had been using Retin-A Micro which was working fine but it left some dry patches on my skin. When I told my dermatologist she prescribed me Atralin in place of the Retin-A Micro. I think they work about the same but the Atralin doesn't leave dry patches on my skin - unless I get it near my bottom lip, but even then it's no big deal. Of course, my skin is still a bit flaky the next morning but that is just what tretinoin does. I like the consistency of this product - it is very easy to apply, and once it dries, it is very easy to apply lotion on top of it. It also helps blemishes go away more quickly. The reason I only give it 4 stars is because it does not keep me completely clear. I still get a few breakouts on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. So, this product certainly hasn't been a miracle for me, but It has worked better than the MANY others I've tried so I'm going to keep using it.

A few notes: It does make your face look shiny after applied, but that should not be a huge problem because your dermatologist will most likely have you use it at night only. Secondly, this product contains fish protein ("fish collagen hydrolyzates") so if you're allergic to fish this might not be a good product for you.

Help!
Reviewed on September 26, 2015

Wow, what a disaster. I went to the Derm because of my excessively oily skin and the occasional breakout. Nothing that I would have gone through this for. Within the first week of use my skin broke out on every square inch of where I applied this product. My skin which was once smooth with very few problems (sometimes not even a pimple), now covered, I mean COVERED, in bumps. Literally looks like gravel on my skin. I've read several posts and reviews, trying to stay positive and continue use, thinking this was just my skins initial reaction and that my skin is just "purging". It has been a month and literally looking in the mirror makes me want to cry. My skin is red, inflamed, painful, tight and covered in bumps and whiteheads. I wish I'd never started using this medication. I am not even sure if it will actually eventually clear my skin. Total hell. I feel like it is a waste if I discontinue use as I have come this far but please be aware: if you are using this to tame a few minor breakouts and don't want to possibly be TOTALLY broken out for over a month, I'd steer clear.

by shimshim on 07/23/2016 21:10
This is the beautiful "purge" period. It sucks horrendously and completely ruins your self esteem. I know it all to well. You can survive this period by a) using coconut oil as a moisturizer and b) using tea tree oil as a toner. both of these things have antibacterial properties and help counteract the "purge" period. Also, vitamin E oil is great for the super dry patches.
Doesent work
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

I've had this product for about a month and it haven't seemed to help at all. Yes it will clear up existing pimples in about 4 days but does nothing to prevent getting pimples. And doesent get rid of blackheads.

Against acne or pro acne ?
Reviewed on February 1, 2015

This prescribed gel , i supposed it was created to treat acne. But...it seems to me that actually makes it worst.

First thing...you're not supposed to apply this thing during daylight or near any kind of light. You have to transform yourself into a vampire and use this only before going to sleep. The next day, week, weeks and one month your face is going to be the same. Or worst, in my case. Remember ....don't apply it during the day, your skin is going to turn very red, on top of your acne.

I understand that before it gets better, it gets worst. Well with this thing the ''better'' part never comes. Does it clog the pores ? Possible. It's very oily and if you have acne you're not supposed to apply any oily, greasy things on your face. This thing is based on Vitamin E. The worst thing to apply on your acne. Swallow Vitamin E, works for acne, but don't apply it to your face.

In 2-3 days it dries existing spots, but you will get more because this gel ''takes all the bacteria on the surface in order to clear everything''. My dermatologist told me that. Save your money and your time.

Best form of tretinoin you can use!
Reviewed on January 21, 2015

Tretinoin is clinically proven to clear acne. The formulation of the drug is extremely important, and Atralin is formulated PERFECTLY. A .05 concentration of tretinoin isn't too strong, or too weak. Instead of other gels which have alcohol denat in them (which can be irritating), this has a much more tolerable alcohol in it. Not to mention it's other good for your skin ingredients like fish collagen hydrolyzates and glycerine. Overall, this is the best thing I have ever used for acne, and I'm never going to stop using it. It's that good.

doesn't really work
Reviewed on September 10, 2014

Clears an existing pimple if used for a couple days but doesn't do much to prevent acne.

August 14
Reviewed on August 14, 2014

I live in Kampala Uganda where the air is very dirty and tends to clog up my pores like you would not imagine. My dermatologist gave me this and aczone i really like the aczone but atralin makes my face extremely oily and i have been scared to try it sense.