Aspirin Toner reviews

3.3/5 - 3 reviews

Not for me.
Reviewed on August 22, 2013

Didn't help me one bit. Everyone was raving about how quickly it worked but I didn't see anything. I prefer using baking soda instead

Amazing Toner
Reviewed on July 29, 2013

I started doing aspirin masks once a week, and at the same time i started using an homemade toner with aspirin. I believe that the toner was number one cause of my skin's improvement, because with one week of use (twice a day along with my skincare regime) i saw a significant improvement.

I have oily skin, comedonal acne which is mostly on my jaw line and lower cheeks, Lots of blackheads on my nose, cheeks and forehead. I'm also really prone to hyperpigmentation, and i had some persistent inflammations a few months ago that left pigmentation spots.

The first big difference i notice was my skintone. It was brighter (still is), more evened. I use a lot less makeup, as i don't feel i need to. My blackheads also improved, they are less visible (my pores are tighter). And more important, two weeks later the flesh colored bumps on my jaw line are significantly less in number, and the skin texture is smoother, which was my biggest concern. I got some active pimples in the first week, but it was normal because i had inactive bumps that came to the surface and got inflamed, but this toner also helped with the redness and inflammation. Amazing. I will never stop using this, as long as it works for me.

I use a saline solution (i was using it as a toner before) - you can use bolted water - 100ml, with 3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 x 500mg aspirin. Because i use only two tablets of aspirin, i don't get bothered with granules.

Reviewed on June 16, 2010

Very effective. my skin has cleared up so much since i started using this. i don't even use spot treatments anymore. and my skin tone has gotten so much more even. it works so well and is so inexpensive. i use a generic witch hazel (walmart brand) which was about $1.50, and a $1 bottle of aspirin.

Mine is made by pouring witch hazel over aspirin caplets (about 6-7 caplets per oz of witch hazel) and shaking it before each use. squeeze some on to a cotton ball/pad and swipe over face. allow to dry completely and brush off any granules left on face (i just lightly wipe them off with a clean towel). then continue with your regular skin regimen (moisturizer, etc.)

i gave it a 4 because of the granules but honestly they don't bother me that much. you get used to brushing them off