Ampicillin Oral Antibiotic reviews

Brand: Ampicillin

Ampicillin Trihydrate equivalent to 250 mg and 500 mg Ampicillin.

Black iron oxide, gelatin, magnesium stearate and titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on March 31, 2013

I took Ampicillin for 6 months in 2011, and again for 6 months in 2012-13. Dosages were 250mg and then 500mg. I've noticed I no longer have blackheads, but this did not help my nodular acne. ALSO - this made me violently ill, throwing up a lot, first time I took it. I was so scared that I didn't take it again for 2 months. But, then I took it with food. My bottle said to take 2 hours before food and 2 hours after food - turns out the pharmacy put that on there for no reason - check with your doc about when to take it.

Reviewed on September 5, 2010

This antibiotic has improved the appearance of my skin tremendously. I am taking 3x500mg/day. If you have a lot of whiteheads, consider this drug. The first week I was on it, it was like magic. It cleared all my bumps but left red marks that are supposedly going to go away. This has improved my skin, but I don't have much faith in it completely clearing my acne, as it is pretty severe.