Amoxicillin Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.7/5 - 15 reviews

Capsules
250 mg or 500 mg Amoxicillin as the Trihydrate.

Inactive ingredients:
D&C Red No. 28, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, gelatin, magnesium stearate, and titanium dioxide.

Tablets
500 mg or 875 mg Amoxicillin as the Trihydrate.

Inactive ingredients:
Colloidal silicon dioxide, crospovidone, FD&C Red No. 30 aluminum lake, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, sodium starch glycolate, and titanium dioxide.

Just started
Reviewed on June 20, 2014

My derm prescribed this after minocycline had little effect on my acne. Just started today but will post back with the results. I don't have much acne on my face but have it bad on my back and every once in a while get giant pimples on other parts of my body like the wasteline and butt.

Works fast!!
Reviewed on April 12, 2014

I haven't been put on Amoxicillin for acne but within 3 days of taking the antibiotic my skin has started to clear up massively, on my face my back & chest with no new spots breaking out and the old ones are fading and having time to heal without still being infected. Can't believe it has worked so fast! I've been on amoxicillin in the past for tooth infections and also saw beneficial effects on my acne. It really works for acne but I'm not sure if a Dr or derm will prescribe this antibiotic for long term use for acne even though it really does work.

The only side effect I've seen has been an upset stomach so I've started taking a probiotic supplement.

My teen daughter
Reviewed on November 20, 2013

In just 3 days my daughter's severe acne was so, so much better.

Reviewed on March 22, 2013

I had clear skin for the first time in my life, not from doing anything special either just washing face once a day or whenever I really felt it needed washing. Clear for 1 year out of 13 felt great. Then took amoxicillian 2000mg/day 14 days for an abcsess and now my digestion, which was awesome, I could and always have eaten whatever I wanted, has turned to complete white. Getting ass loads of acne. Bottom line:may work short term,but your killing all your good guys, and they may never recover

Reviewed on January 27, 2013

its only good for whiteheads and blackheads it won't get rid of the angry red ones. but i had insurance so it was free:) also u feel quite sick on it i had diarrhea and nearly vomiting on the drug.

Reviewed on October 5, 2012

IF YOU HAVE CYSTIC SCARRING TYPE ACNE AMOXICILLIN IS A MUST

Reviewed on April 24, 2012

Amoxicillin has worked for me, but still concerned about the long term effects so after my wedding (want clear skin for that special day) I will be actively searching for alternative solutions.