AmLactin 12% Moisturizing Lotion reviews

4.4/5 - 13 reviews

Brand: AmLactin

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized w/ Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose.

AmLactin Moisturizing Lotion 12%, Fragrance Free, 14 oz
updated: 08/29/2014 03:51 UTC

Reviewed on February 28, 2013

I have a mild to moderate acne, this helps my skin and I can notice a difference if I don't use it on a daily basis.

Reviewed on August 20, 2012

I started putting AmLactin on every night for the past couple of weeks and I can really tell the difference, my skin is so smooth. The acne on my chest has cleared up. I have had a KP rash on my neck ever since I could remember, and once I started applying this lotion it cleared up completely and made it so smooth it doesn't even feel like my skin anymore and it's kind of scary. LOL I would totally recommend this lotion for everyone, it's great!

Reviewed on April 8, 2012

I love this stuff. It's like the only lotion I can use on my face without fear of breakouts! In fact, it REDUCES them. It's an exfoliant, so it actually purges your pores of gross junk, and unclogs them, instead of clogging them. Within a week or two of using this on my face, my acne had reduced a good deal.

My T-zone is really oily, and that's where I get breakouts. But my cheeks and nostrils are normally really dry and flakey with weird dry patches. Couldn't wear makeup without it emphasizing the dryness and flakes. BUT I use the AmLactin on my dry skin too, and the dryness/flakiness is completely gone too! It's amazing.

Also, you can use this stuff for your chest, back, bottom, and other places you get breakouts, and it reduces them there too! And you have nice soft smooth skin.

Also, It's great for anywhere on your body you have dryness or flakey skin. Definitely improved the icky skin on my feet. And of course gets rid of the weird red bumpls ppl get on the side of their arms.

And another thing. It's amazing to use after shaving "down there." Slather a bunch of this on after you shave. and It will prevent razor bumps, and get rid of the ones you already have. It like pops the little hair out of the infected follicle, and it clears right up. And leaves the whole area very soft and smooth.

So all around, it's a miracle lotion. Idk what I would do without it. Just a note, you may not need to use it on your face too frequently, incase of over-exfoliating. Especially if you already use harsh acne products that also exfoliate. Once a day at most.

Reviewed on March 30, 2012

How anyone can say AmLactin 12% lactic acid moisturizer is expensive when you compare it to high end or prescription products is beyond me. AmLactin is CHEAP, buy it at Wal-Mart or [link removed] for $14 for 8 ounces.

Reviewed on September 11, 2011

I bought this because I had really bad KP on my legs, or severely dry skin bumps. They got really red and started spreading...they started to look like mild psoriasis or something. NO moisturizers/lotions worked until I decided to get this. About a week or two on this and so much difference! It reduced the amount of bumps and the redness. However, my legs are not super hydrated or anything--less bumpy, but still a little dry. I guess I'll just give it time. Anyway, this has AHA in it, which I heard works wonders for the face, so I decided to try it. It actually works really well! So far, so good. My skin feels smoother (which I love!) and it is non-greasy. I think it's also helped my acne and acne scars. I notice they go away faster. For a little background on my skin, I have an oily T zone, dry cheeks, and am pretty sensitive. This dried my T zone (just enough) and hydrating my cheeks. It balanced out my skin and made it even. Also, it didn't irritate it. Yay!! For a few seconds, though, it does sting, but it doesn't last long. A few tips... 1. Don't put this on while your face is still wet. I heard if you moisturize when your skin is wet, it helps retain the water, but I found this is more effective when my face is dried off after washing. Really rub it in, too, so it doesn't just stay on the surface. 2. BUY THIS AT COSTCO. I got this at a drugstore, $17 for 7oz. Costco has it $16 for 17 oz. I really wish I did that haha. All in all, I really like this :)

Reviewed on February 27, 2011

On a recommendation, I was actually using this for some mild-to-moderate Keratosis Pilaris on my upper arms. I was originally looking for LacHydrin, though I heard from others that no real results were achieved with LacHydrin for KP. Too date, I have not seen any change whatsoever. I have also applied to my legs when they get dry & I didn't notice anything miraculous about AmLactin in comparison to other lotions I have used.

If you are seeking a lotion for dry skin, you may want to experiment with other lotions or see Paula Begoun's reviews of body lotions and body washes. I am still looking for a good remedy for KP at the present time.

Reviewed on February 21, 2010

If you have dry skin, apply AmLactin at bedtime and use sunscreen during the day.

Exfoliate gently 2-3 times a week.

Watch your skin become smooth!

Reviewed on September 25, 2009

If you are having a dry skin problem it's the only thing that works. Other moisturizers are just for fun. This stuff is serious.

Reviewed on April 23, 2009

I absolutely trust my dermatologist that this product is the best choice for my acne prone skin. It is a little pricey, but I have used products much more expensive and AmLactin get the job done!

Reviewed on August 2, 2008

Its a catch 22 if used on the face, while it moisturizes well, and keeps face clear. You have to wear sunscreen and I don't know of any sunscreens that will not clog pores.