AmLactin 12% Moisturizing Lotion

Brand: AmLactin

Most helpful review

By Tiffany, Saturn on 04/08/2012
thumbnail

I love this stuff. It's like the only lotion I can use on my face without fear of breakouts! In fact, it REDUCES them. It's an exfoliant, so it actually purges your pores of gross junk, and unclogs them, instead of clogging them. Within a week or two of using this on my face, my acne had reduced a good deal. My T-zone is really oily, and that's where I get breakouts. But my cheeks and nostrils are normally really dry and flakey with weird dry patches. Couldn't wear makeup without it emphasizing the dryness and flakes. BUT I use the AmLactin on my dry skin too, and the dryness/flakiness is completely gone too! It's amazing. Also, you can use this stuff for your chest, back, bottom, and other places you get breakouts, and it reduces them there too! And you have nice soft smooth skin. Also, It's great for anywhere on your body you have dryness or flakey skin. Definitely improved the icky skin on my feet. And of course gets rid of the weird red bumpls ppl get on the side of their arms. And another thing. It's amazing to use after shaving "down there." Slather a bunch of this on after you shave. and It will prevent razor bumps, and get rid of the ones you already have. It like pops the little hair out of the infected follicle, and it clears right up. And leaves the whole area very soft and smooth. So all around, it's a miracle lotion. Idk what I would do without it. Just a note, you may not need to use it on your face too frequently, incase of over-exfoliating. Especially if you already use harsh acne products that also exfoliate. Once a day at most..

Pros:
  • reduces breakouts
  • reduces dry flaky skin
  • reduces razor bumps
  • can be used everywhere on your body
Cons:
  • expensive

14 out of 22 people found this review helpful

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized w/ Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose.

AmLactin Moisturizing Lotion 12%, Fragrance Free, 14 oz
updated: 04/18/2014 03:49 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I have a mild to moderate acne, this helps my skin and I can notice a difference if I don't use it on a daily basis.

Pros

• contains 12% AHA for exfoliation, smooths skins and helps with dry flaky skin due to treating acne

Cons

• it can be pricey for a drugstore product
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 16
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started putting AmLactin on every night for the past couple of weeks and I can really tell the difference, my skin is so smooth. The acne on my chest has cleared up. I have had a KP rash on my neck ever since I could remember, and once I started applying this lotion it cleared up completely and made it so smooth it doesn't even feel like my skin anymore and it's kind of scary. LOL I would totally recommend this lotion for everyone, it's great!

Pros

• easy to find
  • clears skin
  • makes skin very smooth

Cons

• smells...interesting lol but you get used to it
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 24.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• reduces breakouts
  • reduces dry flaky skin
  • reduces razor bumps
  • can be used everywhere on your body

Cons

• expensive
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 23
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

How anyone can say AmLactin 12% lactic acid moisturizer is expensive when you compare it to high end or prescription products is beyond me. AmLactin is CHEAP, buy it at Wal-Mart or [link removed] for $14 for 8 ounces.

Pros

• AmLactin!!! You can buy this 12% lactic acid moisturizer at WalMart and [link removed], 8 ounces for around $14. Once available only by dermatologist prescription, AmLactin saved my skin from adult acne, acne scarring, having to poke at my face, making acne worse. If the AmLactin tingles or irritates, use it 3 times a week instead of every day. Consistent use is the key. AmLactin is not a fancy product, but it works as well or better than any high end or prescription skin treatment I have tri

Cons

• Can sting slightly - apply to DRY skin for best results.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought this because I had really bad KP on my legs, or severely dry skin bumps. They got really red and started spreading...they started to look like mild psoriasis or something. NO moisturizers/lotions worked until I decided to get this. About a week or two on this and so much difference! It reduced the amount of bumps and the redness. However, my legs are not super hydrated or anything--less bumpy, but still a little dry. I guess I'll just give it time. Anyway, this has AHA in it, which I heard works wonders for the face, so I decided to try it. It actually works really well! So far, so good. My skin feels smoother (which I love!) and it is non-greasy. I think it's also helped my acne and acne scars. I notice they go away faster. For a little background on my skin, I have an oily T zone, dry cheeks, and am pretty sensitive. This dried my T zone (just enough) and hydrating my cheeks. It balanced out my skin and made it even. Also, it didn't irritate it. Yay!! For a few seconds, though, it does sting, but it doesn't last long. A few tips... 1. Don't put this on while your face is still wet. I heard if you moisturize when your skin is wet, it helps retain the water, but I found this is more effective when my face is dried off after washing. Really rub it in, too, so it doesn't just stay on the surface. 2. BUY THIS AT COSTCO. I got this at a drugstore, $17 for 7oz. Costco has it $16 for 17 oz. I really wish I did that haha. All in all, I really like this :)

Pros

• doesn't break me out
  • makes skin smooth
  • helps with fading scars

Cons

• expensive
  • doesn't provided enough hydration
  • light
  • $ 17
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

On a recommendation, I was actually using this for some mild-to-moderate Keratosis Pilaris on my upper arms. I was originally looking for LacHydrin, though I heard from others that no real results were achieved with LacHydrin for KP. Too date, I have not seen any change whatsoever. I have also applied to my legs when they get dry & I didn't notice anything miraculous about AmLactin in comparison to other lotions I have used.

If you are seeking a lotion for dry skin, you may want to experiment with other lotions or see Paula Begoun's reviews of body lotions and body washes. I am still looking for a good remedy for KP at the present time.

Pros

• It might moisturize your skin, but that's nothing to distinguish this product from any other lotions out there.

Cons

• Expensive & it didn't work. Stings a little bit on initial application, and it feels like it's just sitting on top of your skin afterwards.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 15.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If you have dry skin, apply AmLactin at bedtime and use sunscreen during the day.

Exfoliate gently 2-3 times a week.

Watch your skin become smooth!

Pros

• The best thing for dry skin

Cons

• Stings
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If you are having a dry skin problem it's the only thing that works. Other moisturizers are just for fun. This stuff is serious.

Pros

• Makes your skin super smooth.

Cons

• Stays sticky for a long time
  • very light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 15.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I absolutely trust my dermatologist that this product is the best choice for my acne prone skin. It is a little pricey, but I have used products much more expensive and AmLactin get the job done!

Pros

• A little goes a long way. I have a very oily Tzone with super dry skin every where else. This product is perfect for my combination skin. It has already improved the look and texture of my skin.

Cons

• It does sting a little, which makes it seem like it would actually be drying out your skin instead of moisturizing it. This is not the case! Also, the packaging is a little off-putting. Because well, you can use this stuff on your feet AND your face!
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 26
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Its a catch 22 if used on the face, while it moisturizes well, and keeps face clear. You have to wear sunscreen and I don't know of any sunscreens that will not clog pores.

Pros

• great moisturizer, lactic acid stimulates collagen development, a little goes a long way, didn't make me break out

Cons

• burns with application, MUST use sunscreen with product, a little harsh for the face
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 27
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.