Page 5 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) reviews

4.2/5 - 68 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Reviewed on June 30, 2008

Give it a try. It's affordable and the bottle will last you a long time. It's been 4 months and I still haven't finished half the bottle.

Reviewed on May 31, 2008

My skin just feels better when I use this! I am not clear yet, but this is really helping. My primary problem is clogged pores, so applying this on my face FIRST, prior to spot treating with BP, seems to work better than doing BP first. I also apply sunscreen/moisturizer afterwards. I have also used Lac-Hydrin 5, and that is milder AHA than this, but the lotion is also heavier which I don't like as much but it can be helpful when you want a little extra moisturizing. This product works much much better than salicylic acid for me because it is less drying. When I used salicylic, my face peeled a lot and spots took a loooong time to fade. I also want to try Alpha Hydrox's lightening lotion, which contains both AHA and hydroquinone to fade brown spots.

Reviewed on May 25, 2008

I started using this product about two weeks ago and I can tell it's working. BP has helped control my mild case of acne but occasional zits cause hyperpigmentation and stays for months! I hated this so I tried the Alpha-Hydroxy to speed pass this process by Dan's rec. I see the dramatic improvement in my dark marks clearing up faster than without this product. I did go thru some mild purging that I think is seasonal more than anything. I didn't have an burning or stinging since my skin has been trained by habitual use of BP. These two products together are a double punch to acne and dark marks. I'm going to dry this lotion for other older hyperpigmented scars on my body.

Reviewed on March 29, 2008

Dove and Alpha Hydroxy Lotion are all it takes for me to have nice skin. Simple.

Reviewed on March 4, 2008

Gave me blackheads. This is almost required/recommended by many skin books and derms. But.. Why'd it make me so wrinkled?!!

Reviewed on January 29, 2008

It is a good moisturizer and only recommended for dry skin. If u have oily acne prone skin, dont use it because it will make u get more blackheads and breakout more. DOESNT EXFOLIATE AT ALL, i dont know wat the glycolic does in this lotion

Reviewed on November 26, 2007

I've had only one new pimple in the last two months (after years of bad skin), and my red marks are clearing up nicely. I used to think I had oily skin and needed to use harsh products and wash a lot...then I just got fed up, and started using nothing but this product...I noticed a difference after two days and I haven't broken out since I started using it. If BP seems to be making your skin worse, try this instead...you may be aggrevating your acne like I was.

Reviewed on October 23, 2007

This product has worked really well. I've tried literally every over the counter and prescription acne medication (and spent thousands of dollars over the years) and this is the only one that has helped clear up my acne without severe side effects. Now only does it help existing pimples (white heads, blackheads, papules, pustules and the occasional cyst) it helps exfoliate without any flakiness or redness. There was a little redness in the beginning, but not as bad as what other people experienced. I still have scars from past breakouts and they are fading very slowly so this isn't a miracle product. However, I highly recommend it because I saw noticeable improvement without any of the really negative side effects that you get from Retin-A or benzoyl peroxide. I prefer OTC products because even with good health insurance, going to the doctor constantly is expensive.

In addition to this lotion, I also use a Sodium Sulfacetamide face wash twice a day and Benzaclin in the morning.

Reviewed on September 23, 2007

I have oily acne prone veryyyy sensitive skin...i break out daily especially when im menstruating! if you break out i recommend you to follow dans regimen after the bp gell dries dap on some aha and wowww it dries up pimples fasttt andd its fading my acne scars that iv had for years!! i use it in the morning as well but remember to use a moisturiseer with sunblock!! if you notice that applying it all over breaks u out then simply dont use it all over just use it as a spot treatment! i think that at first it will break u out just like at first it really burns but its only temporary...keep to it..use it for at least a month and if you only see negative results then i guess this just isnt for ya butt doo give it a chance =D

Reviewed on September 11, 2007

Try it - but you need to try it longer than just a couple of days. It takes several weeks to turn your skin around to newer & younger looking. I am 51 and a grandmother of 5. I have used AHA for about 12-15 (I've lost track)

years and people can not believe my age or that I am a grandma!