Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion

Average price: $12.69

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Most helpful review

By Xela, Auckland on 03/03/2013

I have only been using this a week but wow my skin looks awesome!! Give this a try if you suffer from redness and scarring, my skin glows!.

Pros:
  • Evens skin tone
  • Reduces Redness
  • Fades scars
  • Heals acne faster
Cons:
  • Stings A LOT the first time you use it
  • Leaves Residue so you can only use at night
  • Smells bad
  • Have to buy online
  • Not Cheap in NZ

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, 6 fl oz
updated: 04/16/2014 16:59 UTC

Member reviews

waste of money.

Pros

• none

Cons

• Burns and makes me break out.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had this bottle for 6 months now and it is barely half empty - lasts a while. I use this in conjuction with the Alpha Hydrox Face wash. I can get it at Ulta - [link removed] also carries it currently. I am continuing to use it. I put it on and let it soak in a while - doesn't feel greasy or anything.

Pros

• cleared up my skin.

Cons

• burning sensation the first few applications, but then it went away
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using this product for years (at least 10) for adult acne. I am 51 years old and am told all the time I don't look a day over 30. This product not only keeps your face clear and glowing, it helps prevent aging!

Pros

• Easy to use, affordable, you can order it right from their own website.

Cons

• None
  • moderately severe
  • $ 11.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is really good at preventing acne.. it's a lot cheaper then AHA+ from acne.org

Pros

• Got rid of cystic acne, prevented acne, and reduced scar marks

Cons

• It's pretty oily..
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Give it a try. It's affordable and the bottle will last you a long time. It's been 4 months and I still haven't finished half the bottle.

Pros

• This is a great product. I noticed results within two weeks of nightly application. My skin is smoother and seems to glow. It really helps to exfoliate my skin. I love it and I use this everyday after my benzoyl peroxide treatment gel.

Cons

• If you use too much then there is a burning sensation. But it usually goes away. I think you have to build up a tolerance for this product so don't use too much at once.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

My skin just feels better when I use this! I am not clear yet, but this is really helping. My primary problem is clogged pores, so applying this on my face FIRST, prior to spot treating with BP, seems to work better than doing BP first. I also apply sunscreen/moisturizer afterwards. I have also used Lac-Hydrin 5, and that is milder AHA than this, but the lotion is also heavier which I don't like as much but it can be helpful when you want a little extra moisturizing. This product works much much better than salicylic acid for me because it is less drying. When I used salicylic, my face peeled a lot and spots took a loooong time to fade. I also want to try Alpha Hydrox's lightening lotion, which contains both AHA and hydroquinone to fade brown spots.

Pros

• clears clogged pores, way less drying/peeling vs. salicylic acid, helps preserve acid mantle of skin

Cons

• can be a little drying in sensitive areas of the face (near mouth. Use more sparingly, less frequently here.
  • for about a month
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started using this product about two weeks ago and I can tell it's working. BP has helped control my mild case of acne but occasional zits cause hyperpigmentation and stays for months! I hated this so I tried the Alpha-Hydroxy to speed pass this process by Dan's rec. I see the dramatic improvement in my dark marks clearing up faster than without this product. I did go thru some mild purging that I think is seasonal more than anything. I didn't have an burning or stinging since my skin has been trained by habitual use of BP. These two products together are a double punch to acne and dark marks. I'm going to dry this lotion for other older hyperpigmented scars on my body.

Pros

• cleared up dark acne marks and other hyperpigmentation on my face; affordable; lasting product

Cons

• found only on [link removed]
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Dove and Alpha Hydroxy Lotion are all it takes for me to have nice skin. Simple.

Pros

• Smoothes out skin, eliminates blackheads, tightens pores. I've used for years and years.

Cons

• It is hard to find. Everytime I find a new source, they eventually stop carrying it.
  • $ 9.75
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Gave me blackheads. This is almost required/recommended by many skin books and derms. But.. Why'd it make me so wrinkled?!!

Pros

• It has glycolics...

Cons

• This stuff has oil in it. :( it made my skin wrinkly - similar to the reactions I had from retin-a micro. My derm said that was the wrinkling effect is the "effoliation" process. But whatever I don't like it. Itd be ok if the wrinkling lasted a day o
  • for about a year
  • $ 15
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is a good moisturizer and only recommended for dry skin. If u have oily acne prone skin, dont use it because it will make u get more blackheads and breakout more. DOESNT EXFOLIATE AT ALL, i dont know wat the glycolic does in this lotion

Pros

• Moisturizing

Cons

• Made breakouts, made face more oiler
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.