Page 4 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) reviews

4.1/5 - 69 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Reviewed on May 21, 2009

Who cares about the smell. This works. Its working very well. I use it only on my back. My back has had breakouts for years. Leaving behind black spots. I had cystic bumps on my back as well. Painful as well. Three weeks ago I began putting this on my back. I forget to put it on twice a day sometimes. Guess what? I haven't seen a bump since using it. It just does the job. Why does it help reduce spots? I dont know but it does. One day I will be able to wear a tub or halter top again with pride.

Reviewed on May 17, 2009

First of all, the reviews for this product need to be sorted through, because a lot of reviews under this product listing are actually talking about different products, including alpha hydrox's 12% souffle, alpha hydrox's 8% exfoliating cream, and apparently dan's own aha cream. This makes it confusing to get an accurate impression of any one particular product.

I am talking about Alpha Hydrox's AHA Enhanced Lotion: It is more oily than is good for my skin, which makes sense, as it's for dry/normal skin. Within 2 days I had increased blackheads and larger pores, plus red spots. I am 42 and have been using Neutrogena's healthy skin lotion for 10 years, so it's not like I'm not used to AHAs. I am trying to find a replacement for the Neutrogena because they've stopped making the version without sunscreen, and I am allergic to the chemical sunscreens they use in the spf version. This Enhanced Lotion is not going to be a good replacement, I find.

Reviewed on April 23, 2009

Great for acne , but beware of the sting!

Reviewed on April 16, 2009

If you're not sure whether to try this...TAKE A CHANCE!

It's worth it. Or atleast it was for me.

I took a shot and it is now my HG staple in my skin care.

Nothing and i mean NOTHING fades scars as well as this has.

Also, it prevents pimples from forming into those huge monsters and noticeably shortens the lifespan/lifecycle of the pimple.

Thanks Dan! This is by far your best product IMO, you are amazing! I love not worrying about my skin anymore <3

Reviewed on March 22, 2009

I did not have to use a moisturizer on top. The next day however my skin feels a little bit dry but I put more moisturizer on those areas. Lighter acne scars and smaller pores. I think I have to use it longer to see more change so I will come here in a few weeks and post my comments.

Note: normal skin type, with some breakouts around my period.

Reviewed on March 18, 2009

I love this product! MY skin is 100% better than it was a year ago when I 1st started using it. The large wrinkle across my forehead is almost invisible and my acne has been brought under control. Also has been instrumental in getting rid of red and pink acne scars. Will use as long as its made :)

Reviewed on January 20, 2009

I used this before with the Regimen (BP) and it worked wonderfully. I had stopped for about 2 years and my skin started breaking out again. I am going to be using this again but not with the BP Regimen- instead I am going to wash less and just use mainly this AHA lotion instead of piling on too many items at once. Hope it works- Update in a few weeks...

Reviewed on October 27, 2008

I have had this bottle for 6 months now and it is barely half empty - lasts a while. I use this in conjuction with the Alpha Hydrox Face wash. I can get it at Ulta - [link removed] also carries it currently. I am continuing to use it. I put it on and let it soak in a while - doesn't feel greasy or anything.

Reviewed on October 21, 2008

I have been using this product for years (at least 10) for adult acne. I am 51 years old and am told all the time I don't look a day over 30. This product not only keeps your face clear and glowing, it helps prevent aging!