Page 3 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) reviews

4.2/5 - 66 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Reviewed on March 20, 2010

As someone with extremely sensitive skin I was concerned about my skins reaction to the lotion, but it has been a pleasant surprise. Overall my skin is smoother and my scarring and red spots have faded. The lotion is super moisturizing but I have found it has been a trade off to having smoother skin. Some of the reviews have mentioned the stinging that comes with using the lotion initially, I would just use the product like you would any new potentially invasive product--gradually and carefully (i.e., using at night for the first 2 weeks then moving to twice daily, avoid sensitive areas such as under and around the eyes, around the nostrils and the lips).

Reviewed on December 23, 2009

Great product (especially for the money). I usually buy department store products but they don't stand up against Alpha Hydrox. I used to use the oil free gel but the place that I buy it (Ulta) stopped carrying it the oil free. I switched the regular formula lotion and was worried that it would not work as well but that is not the case. It works just as well. I use Alpha Hydrox after I oil cleanse my face in the evening and in the morning I use a BHA (neutrogena) after I shower. I have an almost completely clear face. To be fair, I never had severe acne so I can't speak for how this would work for people that have it. All I know is that a lot of pesky blackheads and minor pimples are no longer a problem.

Reviewed on October 25, 2009

Good basic skin care with a little extra for them people that have to have it. I buy the packages which makes it easier. I used it for 3 years then left it to try a couple others, due to excessive breakouts but found out they were due to stress caused hormones, and now have more scars due to taking longer to heal. I'm starting it again as soon as my order arrives.

Reviewed on August 20, 2009

I am 56 and use the entire line, my dd 15 uses the acne line and we are very satisfied

Reviewed on August 16, 2009

So far so good with this product. I don't understand why so many people are saying it burns, I do feel a very very very minor tingling sensation and my face feels a bit tighter but other then that it's all good. I suppose my skin isn't as sensitive as some people, so maybe it's different for everyone. I would recommend giving this product a try if you can find it, even if it doesn't work for you it's cheap so there's not too much of a loss.

Just for those who're curious: I have very minor acne at the age of 25, but in the past I had bad acne so I have a good deal of very faded scarring. This product has helped clear up a lot of the non-pitted scars and made the pores on my face much less visible. I can't really say how well this works for active acne, though.

Reviewed on July 6, 2009

I would not use this product. I dont know what it is about this product but if you are blackhead prone I would steer clear.

Reviewed on June 20, 2009

I would suggest going back to the basics, my skin everywhere else is clear yet my face which I have been using all this crap on that makes it dry and irritated. It works then as soon as I am off, it stops.

Reviewed on May 21, 2009

Who cares about the smell. This works. Its working very well. I use it only on my back. My back has had breakouts for years. Leaving behind black spots. I had cystic bumps on my back as well. Painful as well. Three weeks ago I began putting this on my back. I forget to put it on twice a day sometimes. Guess what? I haven't seen a bump since using it. It just does the job. Why does it help reduce spots? I dont know but it does. One day I will be able to wear a tub or halter top again with pride.

Reviewed on May 17, 2009

First of all, the reviews for this product need to be sorted through, because a lot of reviews under this product listing are actually talking about different products, including alpha hydrox's 12% souffle, alpha hydrox's 8% exfoliating cream, and apparently dan's own aha cream. This makes it confusing to get an accurate impression of any one particular product.

I am talking about Alpha Hydrox's AHA Enhanced Lotion: It is more oily than is good for my skin, which makes sense, as it's for dry/normal skin. Within 2 days I had increased blackheads and larger pores, plus red spots. I am 42 and have been using Neutrogena's healthy skin lotion for 10 years, so it's not like I'm not used to AHAs. I am trying to find a replacement for the Neutrogena because they've stopped making the version without sunscreen, and I am allergic to the chemical sunscreens they use in the spf version. This Enhanced Lotion is not going to be a good replacement, I find.

Reviewed on April 23, 2009

Great for acne , but beware of the sting!