Page 2 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion reviews

4.1/5 - 62 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, 6 fl oz
updated: 10/21/2014 22:54 UTC

Reviewed on August 16, 2011

I've been using this stuff for about a week now and I really love it.

My skin took to it so nicely! I thought I would have to use it every other day as to not over do it but it didn't irritate my skin in any way.

I haven't broken out any more since I started using this and that was really the whole point so hurrah!

My skin looks so much healthier. It's less red, smoother and a lot softer. It's even evening out my skin tone.

It does burn very very slightly and my skin is a lot more sensitive to the sun but I just wear a sunscreen now!

Stay away from your mouth and eye area though. For some reason, it gave me a cold sore? Oh well.

I highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on April 28, 2011

I used this product for about a month (I wanted to give it time for my skin to pass what I thought was 'purging'). I think this is too intense for my skin, either that, or there are poor clogging qualities to this. The zits would dry up somewhat quickly but new ones sprouted almost daily. Finally decided to quit and go back to a BP face wash that (mostly) worked for me in the past.

Reviewed on April 1, 2011

My back acne is a lot more stubborn than the facial acne, but I'm optimistic that I'll see results soon with the AHA.

Reviewed on February 23, 2011

I have used this lotion for over 6 months, and I have seen a dramatic change in the overall appearance of my skin. I use it every night on my face and back. I have less acne and my skin just glows. It is definitely the best product that I have found.

Reviewed on February 2, 2011

I am in love with this product and the 12% Glycolic Acid Souffle. I have tried many natural remedies like turmeric, honey, olive oil.. but this product is the only thing that seems to be working for my skin. I have only used this product for about 2.5 weeks, but I am already noticing a big difference in the appearance of my skin. It looks healthy, feels soft, and looks bright and even. Also, since my skin is improving, I'm finding that it takes a lot less time to apply my makeup. I no longer need heavy foundation AND powder to cover my red spots. Instead, I dust a few layers of loose powder on my face, and I am ready to go. The recommended time to use this product is about 8-10 weeks, and I have only used it for *about* 3. I will continue using this product since I am already seeing results. I hope they never discontinue this or the souffle because I will continue to use both of those products to maintain the illuminated, radiant skin that I have now.

Reviewed on June 23, 2010

I'd used this for a couple of years as part of a regimen - salacylic acid wash in the am, followed by a light Benzoyl Peroxide coating or spot treatment as needed. At night another sal acid wash then the Alpha Hydrox. After a while, I thought my skin had cleared up, so I stopped. Big mistake. I'm going to order more of this product and start up again. There is a BIG difference.

Reviewed on March 20, 2010

As someone with extremely sensitive skin I was concerned about my skins reaction to the lotion, but it has been a pleasant surprise. Overall my skin is smoother and my scarring and red spots have faded. The lotion is super moisturizing but I have found it has been a trade off to having smoother skin. Some of the reviews have mentioned the stinging that comes with using the lotion initially, I would just use the product like you would any new potentially invasive product--gradually and carefully (i.e., using at night for the first 2 weeks then moving to twice daily, avoid sensitive areas such as under and around the eyes, around the nostrils and the lips).

Reviewed on December 23, 2009

Great product (especially for the money). I usually buy department store products but they don't stand up against Alpha Hydrox. I used to use the oil free gel but the place that I buy it (Ulta) stopped carrying it the oil free. I switched the regular formula lotion and was worried that it would not work as well but that is not the case. It works just as well. I use Alpha Hydrox after I oil cleanse my face in the evening and in the morning I use a BHA (neutrogena) after I shower. I have an almost completely clear face. To be fair, I never had severe acne so I can't speak for how this would work for people that have it. All I know is that a lot of pesky blackheads and minor pimples are no longer a problem.

Reviewed on October 25, 2009

Good basic skin care with a little extra for them people that have to have it. I buy the packages which makes it easier. I used it for 3 years then left it to try a couple others, due to excessive breakouts but found out they were due to stress caused hormones, and now have more scars due to taking longer to heal. I'm starting it again as soon as my order arrives.

Reviewed on August 20, 2009

I am 56 and use the entire line, my dd 15 uses the acne line and we are very satisfied