Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion reviews

4.1/5 - 62 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, 6 fl oz
updated: 11/26/2014 07:55 UTC

Pleased with product
Reviewed on March 31, 2014

I have used this product for at least 6 months, and I really enjoy it. I use it both A.M. and P.M., daily. Obviously everyone's skin is different, which is why I wouldn't blatantly recommend doing it this way, but I use it as my moisturizer. I will probably never use anything different, unless I come across something better, that is also reasonably priced. It was warm on the first application, and anytime that I really get it on thick, but the sensation has never been uncomfortable or irritating. I enjoy heavy cinnamon masks occasionally, so that might contribute to the fact that this product does not irritate my skin. I actually like when it gets warm, incurs a feeling of efficacy. Over the months that I have used this product, I have noticed the lines on my face really smoothing out and beginning to disappear. Being 23, having lines across my forehead and down between my eyebrows is irritating to say the least. So far, this product has done well for my skin, for acne, lines, and dullness. I really love that it helps curb flakiness, it has really suited me well in this arena. We all experience it, we get a zit, and load it up with BP or SA, and bam! Within a day, a nice dry, uncomfortable flaky patch of skin on your face that no amount of bag balm could even help, let alone trying to hide it under makeup. Even with the occasional abuse my face suffers from BP, I haven't had a single bout of flakiness since I have been using this product, and I am glad to give the credit to the enhanced lotion. I hope that this product will continue to do me well, because I look forward to using it for years to come.

Reviewed on March 3, 2013

I have only been using this a week but wow my skin looks awesome!! Give this a try if you suffer from redness and scarring, my skin glows!

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

I wrote a review of this around 6 months ago, in which I said that I wouldn't recommend loading this on like a moisturiser. Now that I've used it for this amount of time, my skin has become tolerant to it and I do indeed apply a generous amount. I still think it's better viewed as a 'treatment' - I wouldn't recommend getting it very close to eyes or on lips, and it's a good idea to wash your hands afterwards. No longer makes me go red, and I now use it every night!

Reviewed on June 13, 2012

I had to pay quite a bit to have this delivered since I live in the UK, but it was worth it. I saw results almost immediately, in that the texture of my skin was way smoother and softer, and any blemishes or marks seemed far less noticeable. The only drawback was that my skin had gone a bit pink, a bit like a light sunburn (and I hadn't been in the sun at all). This seems to be an ongoing problem with this product when it's applied in addition to BP - and it stings a little at first, which is to be expected, since it does after all contain glycolic acid. In fact, I feel that it is somewhat deceptively packaged, since this really isn't simply an 'enhanced lotion' which happens to contain AHA, but more of a 'treatment', and ought to be used as such rather than as you might use a lotion or moisturiser. Having gone a bit pink with just a small amount of this, I can't imagine the disaster which might happen if you were to load this onto your face like a moisturiser. But none of that cancels out the good things about this product - I'll take a little bit of redness over dry, bumpy skin and zits any day! Also, I'm sure it's not the product's fault so much as it is simply a matter of finding just the right way to use it. And you really only need a little, because a small amount goes a long way. One time, I applied this when I had a few new spots, had a short nap, and when I woke up they were virtually GONE. I couldn't believe it! I had been stressing about it, because I can't stand it when I spend weeks diligently applying BP and then slip up and get a little breakout. This makes me feel as if all that hard work has been undone, since it will take ages for the red marks to fade afterwards. Well, the AHA combats that. If I get a new zit now I just put this on and feel confident it will be gone in a day or less, leaving no mark. I'm giving it four stars, because of the redness it leaves, but other than that it's a fantastic product.

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

I started using this moisturizer after I had been using the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser for about two or three months. I had originally been using the Oil Free(also 10% AHA) but had been wanting to find something that gave me the AHA without having to be supplemented with a moisturizer. And though I enjoy this product, I find it is too heavy for my skin during the day. It's impossible to maintain my makeup all day over this base, so I've come to use this at night, alternating between it and the souffle.

Reviewed on May 13, 2012

I bought this lotion (the kind in the picture) to use on my chest and back. I decided to try it on my face as well. Big mistake! My face has NEVER looked so bad. Covered in small red bumps! I can't believe the reaction my face had to this lotion. My chest seems to be clearing up, but who knows how long it will last. I would recommend this for body acne as acne.org has suggested, but not for face acne.

Reviewed on December 12, 2011

This stuff is great. I've been battling acne for quite a while. All whiteheads, all noticeable bumps. After only a few days of using this stuff (applying am and pm) my skins texture was improved. After about a week and a half my fiance even noticed. Now, after about 3 weeks my active acne is less and less.

Reviewed on November 14, 2011

for the last year, I've been using this on my chest and it works great. I wash my chest in the shower with selsun blue classic or non conditioning head and shoulders then apply this after drying my chest each night. It takes several weeks to work initially. stings a tad the first week or so. I have significantly less acne now, maybe 70% less. for the last 30% reduction of acne I take ice showers now everyday in the last month, everyday. it's a shock each day, but i love the discipline and peace afterward that it cultivates.

bottom line: it noticeably helps, and does so in the long term

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

If you have old body acne and are trying to get rid of the scares id try this it really helps them go away !