Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) reviews

4.1/5 - 64 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, 6 fl oz
updated: 11/29/2015 10:42 UTC
$10.39 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Best Aha i have come accrosed.
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

This is a really good AHA product to a really good price. I'm on the regimen, so every night put this all over my face followed by a moistruiser. I would say that It has definetly improved my acne ;)

Reviewed on May 6, 2014

I am a male in my mid 20s that has been suffering from acne since my early teens. I started using the regimen many years ago, and found that to be sufficient for the most part. Or, at the very least, I thought that my acne was just a fact of life and that The Regimen was the best I could do.

About a year ago I bought this stuff and for some reason I never used it but once - maybe because it stung a little. But a month ago I had literally the worst acne flare-up I've had in years: something new every day, deep beneath the skin's surface, and it just wouldn't quit no matter what I did. I went searching online for more ideas, and to my surprise, found this on's website with pretty unanimous acclaim (which is impressive since acne "cures" seem to be very hit-and-miss). Needless to say, I found my bottle and applied it to the affected areas over night. To my surprise, the very next morning things were looking up: the swollen areas of cystic acne looked somewhat "deflated", and places I could feel were about to erupt were no longer feeling that way. Over the next couple of days, the situation went from bad to nearly cured.

Since then - about a month - I've had literally had my longest stretch of acne-free living that I can remember in years. I apply it to spots in the morning and leave it on all day, and apply it to my whole face at night. Of course, I always wear sunscreen now and have added a tiny bit of Jojoba oil to that to get totally moisturized and protected skin.

I haven't even noticed but one or two little pimples try to pop up, and they literally seem to just fizzle and die after applying this stuff. Although all acne cures are likely to have different effects on different people, this has been such a miraculous change for me that I just have to recommend it. It's only $10, it lasts a good while, and it may have an incredible effect on your acne situation and your face's glow in general. In addition to being acne free, my scars also seem to be fading and my general skin tone is improved.

Pleased with product
Reviewed on March 31, 2014

I have used this product for at least 6 months, and I really enjoy it. I use it both A.M. and P.M., daily. Obviously everyone's skin is different, which is why I wouldn't blatantly recommend doing it this way, but I use it as my moisturizer. I will probably never use anything different, unless I come across something better, that is also reasonably priced. It was warm on the first application, and anytime that I really get it on thick, but the sensation has never been uncomfortable or irritating. I enjoy heavy cinnamon masks occasionally, so that might contribute to the fact that this product does not irritate my skin. I actually like when it gets warm, incurs a feeling of efficacy. Over the months that I have used this product, I have noticed the lines on my face really smoothing out and beginning to disappear. Being 23, having lines across my forehead and down between my eyebrows is irritating to say the least. So far, this product has done well for my skin, for acne, lines, and dullness. I really love that it helps curb flakiness, it has really suited me well in this arena. We all experience it, we get a zit, and load it up with BP or SA, and bam! Within a day, a nice dry, uncomfortable flaky patch of skin on your face that no amount of bag balm could even help, let alone trying to hide it under makeup. Even with the occasional abuse my face suffers from BP, I haven't had a single bout of flakiness since I have been using this product, and I am glad to give the credit to the enhanced lotion. I hope that this product will continue to do me well, because I look forward to using it for years to come.

Reviewed on March 3, 2013

I have only been using this a week but wow my skin looks awesome!! Give this a try if you suffer from redness and scarring, my skin glows!

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

I wrote a review of this around 6 months ago, in which I said that I wouldn't recommend loading this on like a moisturiser. Now that I've used it for this amount of time, my skin has become tolerant to it and I do indeed apply a generous amount. I still think it's better viewed as a 'treatment' - I wouldn't recommend getting it very close to eyes or on lips, and it's a good idea to wash your hands afterwards. No longer makes me go red, and I now use it every night!

Reviewed on June 13, 2012

I had to pay quite a bit to have this delivered since I live in the UK, but it was worth it. I saw results almost immediately, in that the texture of my skin was way smoother and softer, and any blemishes or marks seemed far less noticeable. The only drawback was that my skin had gone a bit pink, a bit like a light sunburn (and I hadn't been in the sun at all). This seems to be an ongoing problem with this product when it's applied in addition to BP - and it stings a little at first, which is to be expected, since it does after all contain glycolic acid. In fact, I feel that it is somewhat deceptively packaged, since this really isn't simply an 'enhanced lotion' which happens to contain AHA, but more of a 'treatment', and ought to be used as such rather than as you might use a lotion or moisturiser. Having gone a bit pink with just a small amount of this, I can't imagine the disaster which might happen if you were to load this onto your face like a moisturiser. But none of that cancels out the good things about this product - I'll take a little bit of redness over dry, bumpy skin and zits any day! Also, I'm sure it's not the product's fault so much as it is simply a matter of finding just the right way to use it. And you really only need a little, because a small amount goes a long way. One time, I applied this when I had a few new spots, had a short nap, and when I woke up they were virtually GONE. I couldn't believe it! I had been stressing about it, because I can't stand it when I spend weeks diligently applying BP and then slip up and get a little breakout. This makes me feel as if all that hard work has been undone, since it will take ages for the red marks to fade afterwards. Well, the AHA combats that. If I get a new zit now I just put this on and feel confident it will be gone in a day or less, leaving no mark. I'm giving it four stars, because of the redness it leaves, but other than that it's a fantastic product.

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

I started using this moisturizer after I had been using the Alpha Hydrox Foaming Cleanser for about two or three months. I had originally been using the Oil Free(also 10% AHA) but had been wanting to find something that gave me the AHA without having to be supplemented with a moisturizer. And though I enjoy this product, I find it is too heavy for my skin during the day. It's impossible to maintain my makeup all day over this base, so I've come to use this at night, alternating between it and the souffle.

Reviewed on May 13, 2012

I bought this lotion (the kind in the picture) to use on my chest and back. I decided to try it on my face as well. Big mistake! My face has NEVER looked so bad. Covered in small red bumps! I can't believe the reaction my face had to this lotion. My chest seems to be clearing up, but who knows how long it will last. I would recommend this for body acne as has suggested, but not for face acne.

Reviewed on December 12, 2011

This stuff is great. I've been battling acne for quite a while. All whiteheads, all noticeable bumps. After only a few days of using this stuff (applying am and pm) my skins texture was improved. After about a week and a half my fiance even noticed. Now, after about 3 weeks my active acne is less and less.