Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA reviews

4.2/5 - 25 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein (Peptides), Green Tea Extract, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Xanthan Gum, PVM/MA Decadene Crosspolymer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% Glycolic AHA 1.6 oz (45 g)
updated: 08/27/2014 10:44 UTC

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

This stuff is fabulous! Definitely not for a first time AHA user, and possibly not for the sensitive skinned. It stings a bit on application, especially the first few times, but I still didn't find it to irritate or dry my skin. It moisturizes very well, absorbing into the skin quickly and without a greasy feel. I started off using this every night, but since the container is so small, I began alternating between this and the Enhanced Lotion(which is too thick for me during the day anyways). I've seen great progress in not only my acne, but also my overall skin tone and glow. Will be using this for many years to come.

Reviewed on March 5, 2012

I tried this out of desperation. I have tried just about everything to control my adult acne. I had to stop my Retin-A regimen when I got pregnant with my son. After pregnancy, my skin was back to where it was before I began the Retin-A. After pregnancy, my skin got super sensitive and even the lowest dose of Retin-A was causing more harm than good on my skin. Enter Alpha Hydrox. My pores began to shrink after 2 days of use. Pores began unclogging after the first use. I don't think it is a miracle cream (I still have acne) but I definitely see an improvement in my skin.

Reviewed on July 20, 2011

I'm not sure if it works our not. Maybe it does. But it made my skin so oily I stopped using it. I was very disappointed. I don't usually even have oily skin.

Reviewed on February 2, 2011

I have tried several products for clearing up and evening out my skin which still had evident signs of 'red marks', or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am on Claravis (Isotretinoin/Accutane), starting my 5th month, so that is helping with the actual acne, but Claravis does not do much to fade red marks. I have been applying the souffle every night for about 2.5 weeks and have seen a noticeable difference already. Some red marks have faded, but there are still about 5 or 6 on my face that need to be cleared up. The recommended time to use this product in order to see maximum results is about 8-10 weeks, but even if I see results by that time I will continue to use this product. I just love the way that it makes my skin looks. My skin looks so healthy now.

Reviewed on October 3, 2010

I love this stuff. I've been using it for about a month 1-2 times a day on my face, and my skin is so bright and even now. I use it along with the Ambi Even and Clear Fade cream, and it's diminishing my acne marks. It doesn't clog my pores, and it doesn't sting.

It's a bit pricey, and the jar is small but you don't need to use much.

Reviewed on October 3, 2010

I've been using this product now for 3 years and I will never ever be without it. I used to be on Dan's regimen but it just never worked for me and I hated putting so much BP on my face. So I switched the BP for this, but kept up with Dan's process and I gotta tell you, it works wonders on fine lines too. I was beginning to see very fine lines under my eyes and skin discoloration due to sun damage as a kid - after using this consistently for the past 3 years I have better skin now than I did when I was 18.

I do still break out from time to time, but this controls it better than anything I've used before.

Always get compliments on my skin and I put that down to this solely. And sunscreen!! (that is a must when using this product)

Reviewed on February 13, 2010

The frequency with which I use this product is constantly changing. Right now I've been using it every night but have been using NO BP, otherwise my skin will be too dry and the irritation will create more zits.

Sometimes I use it every other night and the BP every other day, so that they are never used concurrently or on the same day, otherwise my skin gets really dry or even worse, it gets melasma!

But it is an excellent product: with only a few days of use, the little milia I had under my eyes were gone completely, my pores looked smaller and cleaner, my skin was more even toned and soft.

Also, it speeds up the process of getting rid of acne scars (hyperpigmentation)

Lastly, one con: it tastes like crap. My husband now never kisses my face at bedtime.

Reviewed on January 28, 2010

ive only used it for about a week and its been amazing so far, i hope i just didnt jinx myself.. but i did have a little purging on the pimples that were already going to come out but it has been healing and i am just excited for what is to come.. my skin texture just looks alot better and pimples that were taking forever to heal are moving a long at a faster pace! so try itttt! i definitely recommend

Reviewed on August 17, 2009

This works and it works wonderfully. My mother originally gave it to me to try 13 years ago (doesn't seem that long ago!) and I have used it faithfully ever since. Not only does it help to exfoliate so your skin stays clearer, it keeps your skin from looking faded and wrinkled. I am often told I look at least 10 years younger than I am and I credit a lot of that to using Alpha Hydrox every other night for the last 13 years!

I can say that while this helped marginally with my acne, I do not break out really often, more of a hormonal monthly break out. However, this does help to fade the marks left by acne quicker and seems to help keep pores open which lessens the severity of the acne. Also, I never get blackheads and I truely believe it is because of this!

Reviewed on August 1, 2009

I love the AHA company, their products really help keep my face under control all these years. I also use the Enhance Lotion with 10% glycolic acid, but this is my favorite since it has 12% and the texture is very fluffy, much like a souffle (haha).

While it isn't a primary acne treatment like salicylic acid/bp/clindamycin phosphate/retin-a, et. al., it is a must-have addition to any skin-care regime. When I skipped taking this after 4-6 months (thought I didn't need it) my face completely broke out with a billion whitehead/blackheads. When I start using this again the comedonal acne went away. It also helped decrease the swelling of larger pustules and cystic acne.

One important note is that you must follow through with a nice soothing moisturizer afterwards! (recc: shea butter,aveeno ultra-calming) and/or a sunscreen when going outside since glycolic acid turns your skin extra sensitive, especially to the sun!