Page 5 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) reviews

4.1/5 - 64 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, 6 fl oz
updated: 09/04/2015 23:45 UTC

Reviewed on March 4, 2008

Gave me blackheads. This is almost required/recommended by many skin books and derms. But.. Why'd it make me so wrinkled?!!

Reviewed on January 29, 2008

It is a good moisturizer and only recommended for dry skin. If u have oily acne prone skin, dont use it because it will make u get more blackheads and breakout more. DOESNT EXFOLIATE AT ALL, i dont know wat the glycolic does in this lotion

Reviewed on November 26, 2007

I've had only one new pimple in the last two months (after years of bad skin), and my red marks are clearing up nicely. I used to think I had oily skin and needed to use harsh products and wash a lot...then I just got fed up, and started using nothing but this product...I noticed a difference after two days and I haven't broken out since I started using it. If BP seems to be making your skin worse, try this instead...you may be aggrevating your acne like I was.

Reviewed on October 23, 2007

This product has worked really well. I've tried literally every over the counter and prescription acne medication (and spent thousands of dollars over the years) and this is the only one that has helped clear up my acne without severe side effects. Now only does it help existing pimples (white heads, blackheads, papules, pustules and the occasional cyst) it helps exfoliate without any flakiness or redness. There was a little redness in the beginning, but not as bad as what other people experienced. I still have scars from past breakouts and they are fading very slowly so this isn't a miracle product. However, I highly recommend it because I saw noticeable improvement without any of the really negative side effects that you get from Retin-A or benzoyl peroxide. I prefer OTC products because even with good health insurance, going to the doctor constantly is expensive.

In addition to this lotion, I also use a Sodium Sulfacetamide face wash twice a day and Benzaclin in the morning.

Reviewed on September 23, 2007

I have oily acne prone veryyyy sensitive skin...i break out daily especially when im menstruating! if you break out i recommend you to follow dans regimen after the bp gell dries dap on some aha and wowww it dries up pimples fasttt andd its fading my acne scars that iv had for years!! i use it in the morning as well but remember to use a moisturiseer with sunblock!! if you notice that applying it all over breaks u out then simply dont use it all over just use it as a spot treatment! i think that at first it will break u out just like at first it really burns but its only temporary...keep to it..use it for at least a month and if you only see negative results then i guess this just isnt for ya butt doo give it a chance =D

Reviewed on September 11, 2007

Try it - but you need to try it longer than just a couple of days. It takes several weeks to turn your skin around to newer & younger looking. I am 51 and a grandmother of 5. I have used AHA for about 12-15 (I've lost track)

years and people can not believe my age or that I am a grandma!

Reviewed on August 15, 2007

Since I've started Dan's BP regimen (almost a month now), I've seen steady improvement. My skin doesn't shed old cells very well & so adding the AHA seemed to jump-start the exfoliation process. It worked a miracle on the embedded non-inflammed acne on my cheeks. Now I don't feel compelled to try to dig them out (ouch!). My skin is much smoother...dark spots fading...I'll keep using it indefinitely.

Reviewed on August 10, 2007

this is a god send for getting rid of blackheads. i didnt notice any faster improvement for treating acne, but blackhead stand no chance.

Reviewed on July 2, 2007

I've only used this with BP and it definately clears up visible acne faster than BP alone. I use it all over my face with BP at night, and on my worst skin areas with BP during the day. However, it does sting and takes getting used to.

Reviewed on June 30, 2007

I am almost 47 years old and have been using this product for approx. 14 years. I use it twice a day after washing my face and neck. In the morning I only rinse off my face, no soap and apply AHA. In the evening I remove any makeup with ponds wipes, use a little soap and apply AHA. My skin is even, and soft to the touch. I know it's what's kept my skin clear and younger looking.