Page 4 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion reviews

4.1/5 - 62 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion, 6 fl oz
updated: 10/01/2014 12:37 UTC

Reviewed on October 27, 2008

I have had this bottle for 6 months now and it is barely half empty - lasts a while. I use this in conjuction with the Alpha Hydrox Face wash. I can get it at Ulta - [link removed] also carries it currently. I am continuing to use it. I put it on and let it soak in a while - doesn't feel greasy or anything.

Reviewed on October 21, 2008

I have been using this product for years (at least 10) for adult acne. I am 51 years old and am told all the time I don't look a day over 30. This product not only keeps your face clear and glowing, it helps prevent aging!

Reviewed on September 3, 2008

This product is really good at preventing acne.. it's a lot cheaper then AHA+ from acne.org

Reviewed on June 30, 2008

Give it a try. It's affordable and the bottle will last you a long time. It's been 4 months and I still haven't finished half the bottle.

Reviewed on May 31, 2008

My skin just feels better when I use this! I am not clear yet, but this is really helping. My primary problem is clogged pores, so applying this on my face FIRST, prior to spot treating with BP, seems to work better than doing BP first. I also apply sunscreen/moisturizer afterwards. I have also used Lac-Hydrin 5, and that is milder AHA than this, but the lotion is also heavier which I don't like as much but it can be helpful when you want a little extra moisturizing. This product works much much better than salicylic acid for me because it is less drying. When I used salicylic, my face peeled a lot and spots took a loooong time to fade. I also want to try Alpha Hydrox's lightening lotion, which contains both AHA and hydroquinone to fade brown spots.

Reviewed on May 25, 2008

I started using this product about two weeks ago and I can tell it's working. BP has helped control my mild case of acne but occasional zits cause hyperpigmentation and stays for months! I hated this so I tried the Alpha-Hydroxy to speed pass this process by Dan's rec. I see the dramatic improvement in my dark marks clearing up faster than without this product. I did go thru some mild purging that I think is seasonal more than anything. I didn't have an burning or stinging since my skin has been trained by habitual use of BP. These two products together are a double punch to acne and dark marks. I'm going to dry this lotion for other older hyperpigmented scars on my body.

Reviewed on March 29, 2008

Dove and Alpha Hydroxy Lotion are all it takes for me to have nice skin. Simple.

Reviewed on March 4, 2008

Gave me blackheads. This is almost required/recommended by many skin books and derms. But.. Why'd it make me so wrinkled?!!

Reviewed on January 29, 2008

It is a good moisturizer and only recommended for dry skin. If u have oily acne prone skin, dont use it because it will make u get more blackheads and breakout more. DOESNT EXFOLIATE AT ALL, i dont know wat the glycolic does in this lotion