Page 2 of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid) reviews

4.2/5 - 67 reviews

Brand: Alpha Hydrox

Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion (10% Glycolic Acid)

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG 40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid (A Preservative), BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Reviewed on May 13, 2012

I bought this lotion (the kind in the picture) to use on my chest and back. I decided to try it on my face as well. Big mistake! My face has NEVER looked so bad. Covered in small red bumps! I can't believe the reaction my face had to this lotion. My chest seems to be clearing up, but who knows how long it will last. I would recommend this for body acne as acne.org has suggested, but not for face acne.

Reviewed on December 12, 2011

This stuff is great. I've been battling acne for quite a while. All whiteheads, all noticeable bumps. After only a few days of using this stuff (applying am and pm) my skins texture was improved. After about a week and a half my fiance even noticed. Now, after about 3 weeks my active acne is less and less.

Reviewed on November 14, 2011

for the last year, I've been using this on my chest and it works great. I wash my chest in the shower with selsun blue classic or non conditioning head and shoulders then apply this after drying my chest each night. It takes several weeks to work initially. stings a tad the first week or so. I have significantly less acne now, maybe 70% less. for the last 30% reduction of acne I take ice showers now everyday in the last month, everyday. it's a shock each day, but i love the discipline and peace afterward that it cultivates.

bottom line: it noticeably helps, and does so in the long term

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

If you have old body acne and are trying to get rid of the scares id try this it really helps them go away !

Reviewed on August 16, 2011

I've been using this stuff for about a week now and I really love it.

My skin took to it so nicely! I thought I would have to use it every other day as to not over do it but it didn't irritate my skin in any way.

I haven't broken out any more since I started using this and that was really the whole point so hurrah!

My skin looks so much healthier. It's less red, smoother and a lot softer. It's even evening out my skin tone.

It does burn very very slightly and my skin is a lot more sensitive to the sun but I just wear a sunscreen now!

Stay away from your mouth and eye area though. For some reason, it gave me a cold sore? Oh well.

I highly recommend!!!

Reviewed on April 28, 2011

I used this product for about a month (I wanted to give it time for my skin to pass what I thought was 'purging'). I think this is too intense for my skin, either that, or there are poor clogging qualities to this. The zits would dry up somewhat quickly but new ones sprouted almost daily. Finally decided to quit and go back to a BP face wash that (mostly) worked for me in the past.

Reviewed on April 1, 2011

My back acne is a lot more stubborn than the facial acne, but I'm optimistic that I'll see results soon with the AHA.

Reviewed on February 23, 2011

I have used this lotion for over 6 months, and I have seen a dramatic change in the overall appearance of my skin. I use it every night on my face and back. I have less acne and my skin just glows. It is definitely the best product that I have found.

Reviewed on February 2, 2011

I am in love with this product and the 12% Glycolic Acid Souffle. I have tried many natural remedies like turmeric, honey, olive oil.. but this product is the only thing that seems to be working for my skin. I have only used this product for about 2.5 weeks, but I am already noticing a big difference in the appearance of my skin. It looks healthy, feels soft, and looks bright and even. Also, since my skin is improving, I'm finding that it takes a lot less time to apply my makeup. I no longer need heavy foundation AND powder to cover my red spots. Instead, I dust a few layers of loose powder on my face, and I am ready to go. The recommended time to use this product is about 8-10 weeks, and I have only used it for *about* 3. I will continue using this product since I am already seeing results. I hope they never discontinue this or the souffle because I will continue to use both of those products to maintain the illuminated, radiant skin that I have now.