aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 211 reviews

Brand: aloe vera plant

aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Excellent for scars!
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

the actual aloe vera plant has helped my skin so much! I've been replacing it to my old facewash, and my skin breaks out so much less. Turns out i was using too much chemicals, and im going the natural way and this has helped HEAPS. I now only breakout with small whiteheads which is unusual because i've never broken out with these types of pimples. However, i think its because my face is recovering and healing :) For me personally, the natural way has always been the best way as these products are something you would consume orally, thus i felt like my skin was ALREADY used to it so it worked fast. Also try drinking aloe vera, its helped just as much. (make sure it doesnt have a sh*t load of sugar in it)

Really doesn't do anything at all
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I've tried 100% aloe Vera gel so so many times as it has such high reviews and many people reccommend it.

However it's never done anything at all for my skin, if anything made it worse

Gives relief from sunburns, sebderm, redness
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

I find aloe vera is a calming solution for inflammation. If I burn from being outside in the sun too long I'll rub a dime sized portion onto the burn area which brings relief. The aloe also helps soothe any redness from inflammation and I like using natural products. I plan to buy a aloe vera plants so that I can start growing my own plant.

Wonderful for inflammation and healing acne marks I've picked
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

I use it every AM and PM as a moisturizer, before other products. Also, studies proved aloe vera increases the efficacy of retin-a. When used in conjunction with retin-a, your skin will clear up faster and be less inflamed/red.

by Amanda11murray on 10/29/2015 00:17
What kind do you use?
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

Many, many, many people say this is amazing, but I've been using this for two months now and there is no difference, no scars gone, no spots gone, no tightned pores, nothing! Do not recommend!

Healthy & Healing
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I bought this product from Walmart. This is my current skin care routine using this product:

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser, Organic argan oil, birth control

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser (with konjac sponge to remove powder foundation), Aloe vera gel on spots and on nose for pores.

I have found that this product helps my skin look healthier and plumper. It also helps flatten out and heal my acne, but I wouldn't say it is a miracle product for me. However, it really has done pretty well for the price, and it feels very gentle. It will burn your eyes if you put it near your cheekbones, but I find that I can put big globs on at night on my cheeks with NO irritation.

If you are using harsh products with no good results, I would recommend this. I always recommend a gentler routine, and this definitely helps my skin!

Healthy looking skin!
Reviewed on May 27, 2015

I have stopped slapping acne medicine on my face and do the water only wash. After washing with only water, I apply aloe vera gel in the morning and again at night. It really works well on stubborn, old scars or even new ones from the occasional breakout. For me, it actually does soothe and moisturize my skin and it has a tightening feeling which does help minimize the appearance of my pores. The only downfall is that it makes my skin look oily/shiny when it dries so I do have to put on a little powder to give it a healthy and natural look. Overall, I would recommend this for preventing acne and reducing hyper-pigmentation.

Best product you can buy at Walmart.
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

It soothes my sensitive skin and decreases redness. However, it doesn't say how much pure aloe vera it contains, and it contains chemicals that makes my eyes sting. I love this product, but pure aloe vera would probably be a hundred times better. I should probably give this four stars... but Aloe Vera is a miracle!

Great for soothing and reducing redness and dark spots!
Reviewed on November 4, 2014

I have been using this product because it has 98% all natural ingredients. I just rub a little bit onto the area that is hyper-pigmented and scarred after washing with CeraVe cleanser at night. I have been using for 3 weeks or so and have seen an improvement in the overall texture of my skin and the dark area is lightning. Give it a shot! You won't be disappointed!

Such an important supplement to acne treatment!
Reviewed on October 27, 2014

Did aloe alone cure my acne? No. But it definitely was an important factor to clearing my skin. I used to get painful cystic acne on my cheeks which I've now found out is because of my inflammatory response to stimuli (sensitive skin) which is also linked to my eczema as well. I would rub aloe on after applying my benzoyl peroxide. Aloe is known for its anti inflammatory response and healing qualities. The aloe soothed my skin and allowed for my acne treatment to work faster and also prevent scars. My skin cleared dramatically in a month and it's not only smooth but I have no flakes and dry skin problems like many people seem to suffer from using benzoyl peroxide daily.

by koskos on 07/25/2015 06:04
Did you use the gel from the aloe vera plant? Did it reduce redness if you had any/ did it increase redness if you didn't have any? Thank you!