aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 221 reviews

Brand: aloe vera plant

Nature is best
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

I had on and off acne since I was thirteen & I m nineteen now. I tried various medications as well as natural things. I have oily & sensitive skin so I need to be very careful about everything I put on my face. I heard about aloevera from one of my friend and grew plants in my house. I used it on my face not only it helps with current acne but continous use also fade those nasty scars left behind no matter how much I not touch my face. But due to busy life with time I forget about it. But as I m on only water regimen & not using anything other than natural on my face it take away my major issue acne ( I still got zits sometime but not as worse) but I really want to do something for my acne scarring . So I decided to give this beautiful plant a try & it doesn't let me down . I use aloevera twice a week as I don't want to overdo anything. I take a leave from plant, cut in half & apply gelly liquid straight on my face & let it dry and wash my face . It works very well with my water only regimen. Plus it is also great for taking internally & for minor burns.

Better than most products
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I had acne skin like a year ago and I (who used to have no pimples or anything ) was really sad about my face. I would cry and buy tons of products and hope it would cure my acne but a year has gone and my acne is fading,and now there are scars & hyperpigmentation left but sometimes a 1 or 2 pimples here and there

I was testing a new product , Zymogen Centella ferment cream, in the hopes of getting rid of my acne redness and scars but unfortunately I broke out . My grandma suggested that I apply the aloe Vera (from the plant),she said that it would heal. I applied it for two weeks and my breakouts reduced. It definitely made a difference! And you surely would notice the difference ,it's quite noticeable (for me) Although two pimples have popped up because I slept really late yesterday hahaa

Try it out ! It's really amazing

p/s : it really made a difference for me so I made this post (and this account) to share my review

by Eddie2711 on 07/19/2016 18:46
Does sleeping late affect acne?
good aloe vera
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

MUST have plant. Not only is it cute but its also healing. This medicinal plant is great and inexpensive. I have 2 small ones around the house. One in the kitchen and one on the porch. I recently accidentally burned myself while heating wax in the microwave and the plastic holding the wax just burst all over.....yikes.....I know. It was an excuriating pain but the aloe help soothed the pain. Its also great for sunburns, cuts, after facial waxing which I now heat in a wax warmer (lesson learned).

Definitely a skin saver
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

I only used to read reviews on this site but never ever wrote about anything.but for this review I couldn't stop myself from sharing. Anyways, from age 11 my skin started to become rough. I had more acne not so worse but bad enough to make me feel horrible and i had bad breakouts near my nose,and ofcourse all those acne spots -_- i used to feel terrible about my skin. I used all diy to chemical products for my skin but nothing ever really worked,not even medicines or homemade diy acne reducer.

But 2 week ago i brought a aloe vera plant and applied the gel overnight daily for 2 week,and yes it definitely made my skin so much better. All my acne went away slowly,i only get 1 2 pimples sometime and my skin is so tighter then before and also the breakouts has reduced. But the acne spots are still there but i don't worry about that much it'll go away naturally.

I don't know if aloe vera work for everyone but it is definitely a miracle for me.Thankfully i found my skin saver๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ i would definitely recommend it to everyone. You just have to try it for a week at least to see a difference it won't do anything in one day.

Go buy a freaking aloe plant
Reviewed on April 1, 2016

Okay this is the first review ever that I'm writing on this site. I've been having acne for more than 6 years and I literally tried everything. I never had super severe acne, but it was definitely moderate if not worse, which made me feel disgusting and horrible for the past years. Anyway. Few weeks ago I decided to buy an aloe vera plant just because, then I read a lot of positive reviews about its use against acne and I said to myself WHY NOT. So I cut a leaf, used a spoon to get the gelly part out, and smashed it on my face. After weeks I must say that my skin is literally glowing, the scars are visibly fading.

Before you think "omg aloe vera cures acne!!!!!" no, it doesn't. It definitely not cured my acne, but it has made quite a difference. So yeah aloe vera is amazing 10/10 would recommend.

Can't decide whether aloe vera is actually the one that helped
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

This is my 4th day using aloe vera gel for acne. So everyday when I go to school,I pass by this organic shop and always see a medium sized aloe vera gel tub which ia overly priced. I always wanted to try commericial aloe vera gel brands. This is because I actually tried aloe vera gel from scratch and it didnt work cuz my face was itching as I have sensitive skin..So, this product by the name of P& L 100% aloe vera gel went in offer! I was so happy and quickly grabbed a tub..I have mild pimples and few acne scars. Sometimes, I get one or two major pimples.My pimples are all very small. After using aloe vera gel for 3 days, I feel my face is much more calmer and softer. And yay...No major pimples. Also, I did a few changes to my diet..Cuz research says eating healthily prevents pimples. Before, I used to eat very little carbs and stuff myself with fruits and veges. But nevertheless, My skin was breaking out still. Now, I got to know that my skin will break out if I dun have enough energy. So i started drinking horlicks and actually eating carbs. I know horlicks is full of sugar but It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. And plus, Im trying to avoid spicy food. Whenever I eat extremely spicy food, my skin breaks out. Its very impossible to actually avoid spicy food cuz I'm from a very traditional indian family and eat indian food almost everyday.Therefore, I think my pimples got better cuz of aloe vera gel and also cuz of my changes to my diet. I can really decide which one helped more. Oh ya. I also dumped my zinc pills. I was taking zinc pills cuz I heard lots of good reviews about it. And I actually my skin got worst cuz of that. I didnt stop when it got worst cuz many people told that our skin will breakout very badly for the first month of taking zinc pills cuz our body is detoxifying all the toxins. And they told after that one month, our skin will get flawless! But didnt work at all.

Working great for scars!!
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

So I have pretty severe hyper pigmentation, every spot I get leaves a brownish purple mark that stays for MONTHS! My cheeks scar the worst, so I decided to try using aloe vera to lighten the scars! Its been great! Ive been using it for about 2 months now and I have totally seen results! I don't use it directly from the plant because I can't get it where I live but I do use a bottle kind thats pretty much 100% aloe. I put it on my cheeks every night and it gives this really nice COOLING feeling! It also doesn't leave a sticky residue! TRY IT OUT IF YOU HAVE DARK SPOTS!

not for acne
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

i applied it on my acne scar and totally nothing happen but i have tried it when i had sunburn and it absolutely worked for all the redness and pain was gone

Natural ingredient is the best remedy! (Warning: slightly LONG!)
Reviewed on January 24, 2016

My face was never on break. Right when my old acne scars are about to heal new acnes pop outs whenever the next period comes. I usually only get acnes during periods and my worst was during post-senior year. I'm 18 this year and I've finished high school. Idk what went wrong, but I tried this one product that ensures it's "100% natural ingredients with no harmful chemicals" but my skin got worse. Maybe bc it's not suitable for my skin idk but grainy, small pimples kept popping out even if I wasn't on period. I was on a mental breakdown for the past few months bc not only my pimples were getting worse, my scars weren't healing either. So I stopped using any products, not even facial cleansers 100% nothing. I guess my skin became better but of course the scars take time to heal. My face is smooth, acne-free but the red scars made me look as if I'm full of acnes. My mom suggested me using aloe vera plant (a real plant) and put the gel (it comes out when you cut the plant) before sleep. I've been using it for about a week now (even though I missed some nights) but somehow I can see good changes. The acne scars on my forehead are starting to disappear and I used it on a new pimple the next day it dried out! I don't use any products at all now. I only use aloe vera plant and that's it! I guess the solution I've been looking for has come. Natural remedies are always the best :)

Not for me
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

I started using aloe vera right after washing my face morning and night in an attempt to go the more natural route with my face care routine. The gel was 100% pure aloe Vera and I had heard nothing but great things about it! However, shortly after I started using it my face began to breakout in smaller pimples (something that is common during the purging period). I stuck with it, but unfortunately it didn't pan out very well. I continued having breakouts caused by the aloe vera for the entire duration in which I used it (about a month and a half) before deciding it wasn't for me! I have extremely sensitive skin, oily in the summer and dry in the winter, and this just didn't do the job I wanted it to do for my acne.