aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 217 reviews

Brand: aloe vera plant

aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel

Go buy a freaking aloe plant
Reviewed on April 1, 2016

Okay this is the first review ever that I'm writing on this site. I've been having acne for more than 6 years and I literally tried everything. I never had super severe acne, but it was definitely moderate if not worse, which made me feel disgusting and horrible for the past years. Anyway. Few weeks ago I decided to buy an aloe vera plant just because, then I read a lot of positive reviews about its use against acne and I said to myself WHY NOT. So I cut a leaf, used a spoon to get the gelly part out, and smashed it on my face. After weeks I must say that my skin is literally glowing, the scars are visibly fading.

Before you think "omg aloe vera cures acne!!!!!" no, it doesn't. It definitely not cured my acne, but it has made quite a difference. So yeah aloe vera is amazing 10/10 would recommend.

Can't decide whether aloe vera is actually the one that helped
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

This is my 4th day using aloe vera gel for acne. So everyday when I go to school,I pass by this organic shop and always see a medium sized aloe vera gel tub which ia overly priced. I always wanted to try commericial aloe vera gel brands. This is because I actually tried aloe vera gel from scratch and it didnt work cuz my face was itching as I have sensitive skin..So, this product by the name of P& L 100% aloe vera gel went in offer! I was so happy and quickly grabbed a tub..I have mild pimples and few acne scars. Sometimes, I get one or two major pimples.My pimples are all very small. After using aloe vera gel for 3 days, I feel my face is much more calmer and softer. And yay...No major pimples. Also, I did a few changes to my diet..Cuz research says eating healthily prevents pimples. Before, I used to eat very little carbs and stuff myself with fruits and veges. But nevertheless, My skin was breaking out still. Now, I got to know that my skin will break out if I dun have enough energy. So i started drinking horlicks and actually eating carbs. I know horlicks is full of sugar but It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. And plus, Im trying to avoid spicy food. Whenever I eat extremely spicy food, my skin breaks out. Its very impossible to actually avoid spicy food cuz I'm from a very traditional indian family and eat indian food almost everyday.Therefore, I think my pimples got better cuz of aloe vera gel and also cuz of my changes to my diet. I can really decide which one helped more. Oh ya. I also dumped my zinc pills. I was taking zinc pills cuz I heard lots of good reviews about it. And I actually my skin got worst cuz of that. I didnt stop when it got worst cuz many people told that our skin will breakout very badly for the first month of taking zinc pills cuz our body is detoxifying all the toxins. And they told after that one month, our skin will get flawless! But didnt work at all.

Working great for scars!!
Reviewed on February 15, 2016

So I have pretty severe hyper pigmentation, every spot I get leaves a brownish purple mark that stays for MONTHS! My cheeks scar the worst, so I decided to try using aloe vera to lighten the scars! Its been great! Ive been using it for about 2 months now and I have totally seen results! I don't use it directly from the plant because I can't get it where I live but I do use a bottle kind thats pretty much 100% aloe. I put it on my cheeks every night and it gives this really nice COOLING feeling! It also doesn't leave a sticky residue! TRY IT OUT IF YOU HAVE DARK SPOTS!

not for acne
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

i applied it on my acne scar and totally nothing happen but i have tried it when i had sunburn and it absolutely worked for all the redness and pain was gone

Natural ingredient is the best remedy! (Warning: slightly LONG!)
Reviewed on January 24, 2016

My face was never on break. Right when my old acne scars are about to heal new acnes pop outs whenever the next period comes. I usually only get acnes during periods and my worst was during post-senior year. I'm 18 this year and I've finished high school. Idk what went wrong, but I tried this one product that ensures it's "100% natural ingredients with no harmful chemicals" but my skin got worse. Maybe bc it's not suitable for my skin idk but grainy, small pimples kept popping out even if I wasn't on period. I was on a mental breakdown for the past few months bc not only my pimples were getting worse, my scars weren't healing either. So I stopped using any products, not even facial cleansers 100% nothing. I guess my skin became better but of course the scars take time to heal. My face is smooth, acne-free but the red scars made me look as if I'm full of acnes. My mom suggested me using aloe vera plant (a real plant) and put the gel (it comes out when you cut the plant) before sleep. I've been using it for about a week now (even though I missed some nights) but somehow I can see good changes. The acne scars on my forehead are starting to disappear and I used it on a new pimple the next day it dried out! I don't use any products at all now. I only use aloe vera plant and that's it! I guess the solution I've been looking for has come. Natural remedies are always the best :)

Not for me
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

I started using aloe vera right after washing my face morning and night in an attempt to go the more natural route with my face care routine. The gel was 100% pure aloe Vera and I had heard nothing but great things about it! However, shortly after I started using it my face began to breakout in smaller pimples (something that is common during the purging period). I stuck with it, but unfortunately it didn't pan out very well. I continued having breakouts caused by the aloe vera for the entire duration in which I used it (about a month and a half) before deciding it wasn't for me! I have extremely sensitive skin, oily in the summer and dry in the winter, and this just didn't do the job I wanted it to do for my acne.

Excellent for scars!
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

the actual aloe vera plant has helped my skin so much! I've been replacing it to my old facewash, and my skin breaks out so much less. Turns out i was using too much chemicals, and im going the natural way and this has helped HEAPS. I now only breakout with small whiteheads which is unusual because i've never broken out with these types of pimples. However, i think its because my face is recovering and healing :) For me personally, the natural way has always been the best way as these products are something you would consume orally, thus i felt like my skin was ALREADY used to it so it worked fast. Also try drinking aloe vera, its helped just as much. (make sure it doesnt have a sh*t load of sugar in it)

by kellyptrcia on 12/15/2015 14:17
hi, can i know how you use the gel? is it just like a face wash?? or do you put it like a cream? thanks
by Chloe123 on 12/18/2015 04:18
@kellyptrcia no just cut the leaf from the plant and cut it in half exposing the gel and just scoop the gel out and apply it all over. I use this before my face wash on scars. I used to use pure aloe vera gel as a mask/cleanser every night.
by Eddie2711 on 01/06/2016 06:51
have you seen an improvement in your scars? like have they faded and gotten less deep and noticeable?
Really doesn't do anything at all
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I've tried 100% aloe Vera gel so so many times as it has such high reviews and many people reccommend it.

However it's never done anything at all for my skin, if anything made it worse

Gives relief from sunburns, sebderm, redness
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

I find aloe vera is a calming solution for inflammation. If I burn from being outside in the sun too long I'll rub a dime sized portion onto the burn area which brings relief. The aloe also helps soothe any redness from inflammation and I like using natural products. I plan to buy a aloe vera plants so that I can start growing my own plant.

Wonderful for inflammation and healing acne marks I've picked
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

I use it every AM and PM as a moisturizer, before other products. Also, studies proved aloe vera increases the efficacy of retin-a. When used in conjunction with retin-a, your skin will clear up faster and be less inflamed/red.

by Amanda11murray on 10/29/2015 00:17