aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 229 reviews

Brand: aloe vera plant

Redness and acne
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

Idk about acne scars but I use aloe vera from the plant itself for acne and redness and ugh its just amazing. I tend to get a lot of redness from acne cuz I'm kind of pale and it helps reduce it in about 30 minutes like I put it on and watch a show and yaayy it reduced. It also shrinks acne in 2 days I swear. Oh and sometimes I mix it with lemon and olive oil XD I hope everyone gets whatever results they're hoping for in whatever ;)

Excellent
Reviewed on May 10, 2017

So I arrived in Hong Kong over a year ago and suddenly my acne just got worse and worse. Particularly during the humid summer. I tried everything, used expensive products, used BP cream and wash, steamed my face regularly, put honey on my face, even put raw fig onto my face! None of this worked effectively except maybe the BP. But I felt it was more a topical reactionary treatment than a full cure from the inside.

I then tried to go natural and let my body tackle it without any products or natural remedies. This helped for a bit but some cystic acne would still appear and the resulting dark scarring would stay for months.

But then one time I was at my grandmothers house and she was using a fresh aloe Vera plant to rub on a foot wound. She told me to try putting some on my face, twice a day and leave it on over night. For the past month I have been doing this and it is the best thing ever! My acne has slowed down to just small pimples now and again which disappear after a couple days and the scarring has visibly reduced.

My routine is to apply aloe Vera (fresh plant) in the morning for 15 mins, wash off and moisturise using Cetaphil non codomogenic moisturiser and then at night I will apply aloe Vera, let it dry and leave it on over night. I will still occasionally use BP on some pimples when they arrive but it is less and less now.

Also note that I have found physical exercise to be a great help (running and football/soccer) as the sweating helps push out the toxins. I think this has helped immensely in controlling my acne.

I guess grandmothers know best, I hope it works for you guys!!

DIY mix with Aloe
Reviewed on April 21, 2017

I use 100% aloe gel + tea tree + neem oil. Mix together keep in a small jar or tube and apply liberally several times a day. Wash face at night with African black soap and use a good moisturizer because at least for me the aloe concoction is drying. Tested for 2 weeks now and it made a good deal of my acne dry up and made my face significantly less red. Not a miracle cure but it helped a lot for me personally. I got the idea from a YouTube video but added the neem oil on my own. (Be aware the neem oil smells foul nasty icky but darn it works the tea tree oil cover the smell)

Magical plant aloe
Reviewed on February 7, 2017

So amazing!Must try out it overnight for instant effect reduces acne in about 5 days

Moisturized a little
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

Works good as a moisturizing serum but my skin normally needs more moisture added then this offers. After I wash my face I use aloe Vera then a light moisturizer on top like derma e purifying moisturizer.

Great!
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

I've been using aloe vera for at least 4 weeks now. And i have a moderate acne. It does calm and soothes the inflammation , but my acne is still in my face which is kinda sad. But i'm not saying that aloe vera cannot remove pimple. This is just my experience. Maybe it works for you? Who knows.

Forget all those expensive machines and office procedures, or at least try natural aloe first
Reviewed on December 10, 2016

It really help to clear some red old acne scars along with some ice cubes of chamomile tea. I hold the ice on the red scar area for about 15 min twice a day, I have seen huge improvement. Also, do some research on oral zinc and Vitamin D, that is how I cleared my acne naturally.

Give it a try
Reviewed on October 25, 2016

Wanted to give this a good rating, ive decided to incorporate it into my skincare after noticing it manages my oily skin really well without over moisturising or undernoursihing it. I dunno if its a combination of taking zinc, vitamin a and probiotics as well birth control but rcently my skin has been pretty good, pimple here and there. most is hyperpigmentation. The aloe vera really does take the redness out and leaves the skin feeling pretty supple too. I'm going to continue using it to reverse some dehydration lines from using benzoyl and maybe ill do another review to update my progress!

Nature is best
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

I had on and off acne since I was thirteen & I m nineteen now. I tried various medications as well as natural things. I have oily & sensitive skin so I need to be very careful about everything I put on my face. I heard about aloevera from one of my friend and grew plants in my house. I used it on my face not only it helps with current acne but continous use also fade those nasty scars left behind no matter how much I not touch my face. But due to busy life with time I forget about it. But as I m on only water regimen & not using anything other than natural on my face it take away my major issue acne ( I still got zits sometime but not as worse) but I really want to do something for my acne scarring . So I decided to give this beautiful plant a try & it doesn't let me down . I use aloevera twice a week as I don't want to overdo anything. I take a leave from plant, cut in half & apply gelly liquid straight on my face & let it dry and wash my face . It works very well with my water only regimen. Plus it is also great for taking internally & for minor burns.

Better than most products
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I had acne skin like a year ago and I (who used to have no pimples or anything ) was really sad about my face. I would cry and buy tons of products and hope it would cure my acne but a year has gone and my acne is fading,and now there are scars & hyperpigmentation left but sometimes a 1 or 2 pimples here and there

I was testing a new product , Zymogen Centella ferment cream, in the hopes of getting rid of my acne redness and scars but unfortunately I broke out . My grandma suggested that I apply the aloe Vera (from the plant),she said that it would heal. I applied it for two weeks and my breakouts reduced. It definitely made a difference! And you surely would notice the difference ,it's quite noticeable (for me) Although two pimples have popped up because I slept really late yesterday hahaa

Try it out ! It's really amazing

p/s : it really made a difference for me so I made this post (and this account) to share my review

by Eddie2711 on 07/19/2016 18:46
Does sleeping late affect acne?