aloe vera plant Aloe Vera Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 214 reviews

Brand: aloe vera plant

not for acne
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

i applied it on my acne scar and totally nothing happen but i have tried it when i had sunburn and it absolutely worked for all the redness and pain was gone

Natural ingredient is the best remedy! (Warning: slightly LONG!)
Reviewed on January 24, 2016

My face was never on break. Right when my old acne scars are about to heal new acnes pop outs whenever the next period comes. I usually only get acnes during periods and my worst was during post-senior year. I'm 18 this year and I've finished high school. Idk what went wrong, but I tried this one product that ensures it's "100% natural ingredients with no harmful chemicals" but my skin got worse. Maybe bc it's not suitable for my skin idk but grainy, small pimples kept popping out even if I wasn't on period. I was on a mental breakdown for the past few months bc not only my pimples were getting worse, my scars weren't healing either. So I stopped using any products, not even facial cleansers 100% nothing. I guess my skin became better but of course the scars take time to heal. My face is smooth, acne-free but the red scars made me look as if I'm full of acnes. My mom suggested me using aloe vera plant (a real plant) and put the gel (it comes out when you cut the plant) before sleep. I've been using it for about a week now (even though I missed some nights) but somehow I can see good changes. The acne scars on my forehead are starting to disappear and I used it on a new pimple the next day it dried out! I don't use any products at all now. I only use aloe vera plant and that's it! I guess the solution I've been looking for has come. Natural remedies are always the best :)

Not for me
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

I started using aloe vera right after washing my face morning and night in an attempt to go the more natural route with my face care routine. The gel was 100% pure aloe Vera and I had heard nothing but great things about it! However, shortly after I started using it my face began to breakout in smaller pimples (something that is common during the purging period). I stuck with it, but unfortunately it didn't pan out very well. I continued having breakouts caused by the aloe vera for the entire duration in which I used it (about a month and a half) before deciding it wasn't for me! I have extremely sensitive skin, oily in the summer and dry in the winter, and this just didn't do the job I wanted it to do for my acne.

Excellent for scars!
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

the actual aloe vera plant has helped my skin so much! I've been replacing it to my old facewash, and my skin breaks out so much less. Turns out i was using too much chemicals, and im going the natural way and this has helped HEAPS. I now only breakout with small whiteheads which is unusual because i've never broken out with these types of pimples. However, i think its because my face is recovering and healing :) For me personally, the natural way has always been the best way as these products are something you would consume orally, thus i felt like my skin was ALREADY used to it so it worked fast. Also try drinking aloe vera, its helped just as much. (make sure it doesnt have a sh*t load of sugar in it)

by kellyptrcia on 12/15/2015 14:17
hi, can i know how you use the gel? is it just like a face wash?? or do you put it like a cream? thanks
by Chloe123 on 12/18/2015 04:18
@kellyptrcia no just cut the leaf from the plant and cut it in half exposing the gel and just scoop the gel out and apply it all over. I use this before my face wash on scars. I used to use pure aloe vera gel as a mask/cleanser every night.
by Eddie2711 on 01/06/2016 06:51
have you seen an improvement in your scars? like have they faded and gotten less deep and noticeable?
Really doesn't do anything at all
Reviewed on September 9, 2015

I've tried 100% aloe Vera gel so so many times as it has such high reviews and many people reccommend it.

However it's never done anything at all for my skin, if anything made it worse

Gives relief from sunburns, sebderm, redness
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

I find aloe vera is a calming solution for inflammation. If I burn from being outside in the sun too long I'll rub a dime sized portion onto the burn area which brings relief. The aloe also helps soothe any redness from inflammation and I like using natural products. I plan to buy a aloe vera plants so that I can start growing my own plant.

Wonderful for inflammation and healing acne marks I've picked
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

I use it every AM and PM as a moisturizer, before other products. Also, studies proved aloe vera increases the efficacy of retin-a. When used in conjunction with retin-a, your skin will clear up faster and be less inflamed/red.

by Amanda11murray on 10/29/2015 00:17
What kind do you use?
by kellyptrcia on 12/15/2015 14:19
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

Many, many, many people say this is amazing, but I've been using this for two months now and there is no difference, no scars gone, no spots gone, no tightned pores, nothing! Do not recommend!

Healthy & Healing
Reviewed on August 1, 2015

I bought this product from Walmart. This is my current skin care routine using this product:

AM: CeraVe foaming cleanser, Organic argan oil, birth control

PM: CeraVe foaming cleanser (with konjac sponge to remove powder foundation), Aloe vera gel on spots and on nose for pores.

I have found that this product helps my skin look healthier and plumper. It also helps flatten out and heal my acne, but I wouldn't say it is a miracle product for me. However, it really has done pretty well for the price, and it feels very gentle. It will burn your eyes if you put it near your cheekbones, but I find that I can put big globs on at night on my cheeks with NO irritation.

If you are using harsh products with no good results, I would recommend this. I always recommend a gentler routine, and this definitely helps my skin!

Healthy looking skin!
Reviewed on May 27, 2015

I have stopped slapping acne medicine on my face and do the water only wash. After washing with only water, I apply aloe vera gel in the morning and again at night. It really works well on stubborn, old scars or even new ones from the occasional breakout. For me, it actually does soothe and moisturize my skin and it has a tightening feeling which does help minimize the appearance of my pores. The only downfall is that it makes my skin look oily/shiny when it dries so I do have to put on a little powder to give it a healthy and natural look. Overall, I would recommend this for preventing acne and reducing hyper-pigmentation.

by Eddie2711 on 01/06/2016 06:53
has it fadedand improved scars?