Almond Oil reviews

4.6/5 - 11 reviews

glowing skin, hair and lashes
Reviewed on November 23, 2014

When i first used it, it made my skin glowing. Then i saw a reduction on my dark circles.I started using it on my hair and lashes.It moisturizes my hair and grows my lashes.Almond oil is extremely beneficial to scalp and mostly skin because it has beautiful vitamins and minerals that gives that glow.

THANK GOD FOR NUTS!!!!!!

Almond Oil Natures Beauty Miracle
Reviewed on June 23, 2014

I first discovered Almond oil by accident and tried it only because it smelled so good. It was Victoria Secrets Sweet Almond oil body lotion. Everybody I came in contact with (or got close to) commented on how good my skin looked and how great I smelled. I couldn't believe how soft my my skin was getting. Within a month my skin looked and felt like it did 20 years ago. I picked up a bottle of Almond oil and use it for cleansing and moisterising my face now and I can see the difference almost daily. I also add it to everything I put on my skin and will continue to do so. I can't wait to try it on my hair and my husband.

Moisturizes
Reviewed on March 16, 2014

This helps moisturize without breaking out. The oil that i have can not be blended well to be inconspicuous so I don't wear it out in public. Noticeable reduction in redness. ( livestrong. com/article/97593-almond-oil-benefits-skin/ )

Said to protect against UV and slow skin aging.

Great for skin
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

This is a great oil that heals acne and keeps the skin glowing. It won't clog pores unless you're slathered in it. (Even then, it would only cause minor whiteheads.) Make sure you buy an organic product from a reputable company.

After cleansing I moisturize with a mix of almond + jojoba + neem oils. It has helped heal my breakouts in about half the time. Almond oil is wonderfully moisturizing and nourishing! I have combination skin, and this isn't as light as other oils which is why I use it in a mixture. You can't go wrong combining it with jojoba. I use a 1:3 almond to jojoba ratio.

Not for me
Reviewed on November 24, 2013

I broke out pretty badly using Sweet Almond Oil as a moisturizer, now I'm using Cetaphil and my skin is much better! I was also using it with Tea Tree and Castor Oil for Oil Cleansing, but that was a DISASTER. Maybe it's because I bought it from the chemist and not a whole food/organic thing, but anyway my skin definitely didn't like it. It gave me loads of tiny little closed comedones and whiteheads.

Try it, but do a patch test first and be careful!

Love this!
Reviewed on October 15, 2013

I started using this as my skin got super dry and flaky due to the benzoyl peroxide in Dan's regimen. I mix a few drops with my moisturizer and I can see a great improvement in my skin.

The great benefits of almond oil
Reviewed on June 22, 2013

Almond oil works great as a nourishing moisturizer for your skin. Though it may feel weird if you haven't tried it, using natural oil as a moisturizer is a great way to keep your skin hydrated. Most unnatural cream "moisturizers" actually end up clogging pores even though they do technically hydrate the skin, which is why using oil as a moisturizer is great for oily and acne-prone skin. Like evening primrose oil, almond oil is quickly and easily absorbed into the skin, and won't clog pores, so you won't look or feel oily or "greasy."

Another added benefit of using almond oil is that you can mix it with other oils, such as evening primrose oil, sea buckthorn oil, tea tree oil, or jojoba oil, to name a few, for a custom moisturizer formula. Personally, I like to use a couple drops of almond oil mixed with a couple drops of evening primrose oil as a morning moisturizer, and then a mix of almond oil, evening primrose oil, sea buckthorn oil, and tea tree oil at night before bed.

Natural oils, especially almond oil, are also extremely affordable. A few ounces will last you months since you only need to use 2-3 drops at a time for your entire face. You will find that almond oil makes your skin more soft, supple, and even-toned, and gives it a natural, healthy, radiant "glow." Many people also like to add almond oil to their conditioner for their hair, which makes the hair shiny and soft.

Almonds are naturally very anti-inflammatory due to their healthy fatty acids. Almond oil can also reduce the effects of ultraviolet B rays on the skin. Just put a few drops in your palm and gently rub it on your face. Your skin will obviously appear oily at first, but this will go away within a few minutes once the almond oil has been fully absorbed.

NOW Foods is my favorite source for almond oil. Their sweet almond oil is 100% pure, expeller-pressed, hexane-free, and food grade (edible).

Reviewed on March 25, 2013

I used to have really terrible acne. I started using almond oil as a moisturizer (along with a charcoal scrub to wash my face) about a year ago, and as of now I rarely ever get a pimple. I'll only get one if I'm menstruating or when I'm really stressed.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I find it helps spots heal up faster, especially ones I accidentally pop. I only use it as a moisturiser, haven't tried it as a cleanser. I use it on its own without mixing it with anything, and massage it in morning and night after I wash my face. It smooths my skin down and makes it look much better!

Reviewed on September 21, 2012

For almost 2 weeks, I've been cleansing my skin with almond oil. Here is what I do, I use it as a normal cleanser. At night, I first rub it onto my dry skin to remove my makeup for about 2 minutes, then I wipe it off with a Kleenex tissue. Then I apply it to my dry skin again to clease it, rubbing it in for about 3 minutes. While it's still on my skin, I jump in the shower and bathe. Afterwards with a warm towel, I wife the oil off my face. I don't steam my face just wipe all the access oil off, then I apply a thin layer on my skin for the night. In the morning I apply it again to dry skin for about 3 minutes and wipe it off with a warm towel (not steaming just wiping) then allow my pores to close and then apply my make up. So far so good, my skin is clear, brighter, exfloliated and clean. About twice a week, I exfloliate my skin with ground almonds mixed with almond oil and boy what a treat to my skin and my complexion. I will keep using this. I use to steam my skin however I must have been steaming it too much because cleansing my skin that way caused my skin to dry out too much. I find that just wiping it with a warm towel doesn't dry it out so much. Also when i'm in a hurry in the mornings, I've found that I can skip the morning cleansing and proceed to applying my make up and still get the same results.