Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Foundation reviews

3.1/5 - 7 reviews

Brand: Almay

Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Foundation

Titanium Dioxide (3.8%) and Zinc Oxide (2.0%).

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, HDI/Trimethylol, Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Nylon 12, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Talc, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract (Mushroom), Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos/Red Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trisiloxane, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Galactoarabinan, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Boron Nitrate, Sorbitol, Alcohol Denatured, Methicone, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77491).

Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Makeup, Light, 1-Ounce Tube
updated: 04/23/2017 17:00 UTC
Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Makeup, Light Medium, 1-Ounce Tube
updated: 04/23/2017 17:00 UTC

Reviewed on December 12, 2011

I love this product. Actually, I am a huge fan of everything Almay makes in the foundation/concealer/powder department. My biggest complaint with this product is that it is expensive - although it looks like I am paying way more than other people...maybe because I'm in Canada? Sounds like some people have a problem with the colour, but I always get a perfect match from Almay (maybe because I have olive skin, so it works well with golden undertones where perhaps it might not with pink?) However, if you don't spread it over your face while it's still white the match isn't as good.

I go through several bottles a year and I wear it almost every day, and I see no reason why that will change!

Anonymous, CA
Reviewed on September 25, 2011

I bought this makeup thinking it would be a better color and texture for my skin, but i was WRONG. At first it looked like the right color and covered good enough, but in certain areas it turned orange!! My best friend was always telling me that i had orange on my face(after i got to school) so i went through those day with a strange colored face. Try it out before you wear it anywhere and see what it looks like outside.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

I thought this stuff would work good because I have a really hard time matching my skintone with makeup. This makeup sucked for my skin! It wouldn't cover anything unless I caked it on hardcore, and even then it made some of my acne look more brown then the rest of my skin. Absolutely hated this product, horrible. Only good for people who have light or NO acne or blemishes, scares, nothing. People who don't need foundation.

Mary, Seaside, CA
Reviewed on February 1, 2011

I like this foundation. After more or less clearing my skin up with the Regimen, my skin just needs a little evening out. It's light-weight and smooth, goes on extremely easily, and with Almay's Pure Blends Powder, it sets perfectly to avoid greasiness. Use an extra layer to get better coverage over spots and imperfections, but this foundation will make your skin feel soft and great. If you have large pores, I suggest using a good primer or moisturizer that will minimize them, because this foundation won't (not that many foundations will, though).

Kim, Kansas
Reviewed on July 28, 2010

I have skin that is very sensitive to foundation, so I'm often afraid to switch to new products for fear of breaking out. I heard that this particular makeup would be alright for my type of skin, so I decided to give it a go. I have a weird uneven skin tone that is hard to match in the store, so I thought the color changing effect was great. Finally, I didn't have to buy two bottles in order to match my shade!

I have combination skin, so I was concerned about my T-zone being oily. However, applying a little extra powder to set the foundation did the trick for me. It took a little concealer to cover a few of my spots (I have very pale skin and problems with hyperpigmentation), but most of my dark spots were lightened enough to be barely noticeable with just the foundation.

Maybe it was a trick of my eyes, but I feel like maybe the color change takes a little longer than you think. When I first put this foundation on, I felt like nothing was covered at all, but as the day went on I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "Wow, my skin looks great!"

Overall, I would recommend this product to almost anyone, not just those with finicky skin like mine. I've been wearing this for about a week and a half and have not gotten any pimples other than a few just before my period, which is normal for me. Yes, I'm sold!

By the way, I gave this product four stars instead of five partly because I still had to use a little concealer, but mostly because I'm not sure well the coverage would be for those with more severe acne. I think it's worth a try, though.

Oh, and did I mention that this product is SPF 15? Much better than my normal brand (SPF 6)!

Reviewed on February 4, 2010

I like this product because it hasnt made me break out and it feels good on the skin after BP treatments. As long as you are good at apply concealer this foundation will work well, just dont expect it to cover everything --it wont--

Reviewed on January 21, 2010

works for dry skin nor for oily

didnt cause any unwanted acne