Almay Pure Blends reviews

3.7/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Almay

Almay Pure Blends

Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Squalane, Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Euterpe Oleracea Sterols (Acai), Sucrose Laurate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract (Acai), Citrus Junos Peel Extract (Yuzu), Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract (Lotus), Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract (Orchid), Viola Tricolor Extract (Wild Pansy), Carica Papaya Fruit Extract (Papaya), Phospholipids, Aniba Rosaeodora Wood Oil (Rosewood), Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa Seed Oil (Carrot), Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Alcohol, Silica, Sodium Borate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1, 2 Hexanediol, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Almay Pure Blends Makeup, Neutral, 1 Fluid Ounce
updated: 04/23/2017 02:16 UTC

Too runny..
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

Too runny, it doesn't break me out but the coverage is minimum and doesn't do much. Looks kinda cakey too :/ I'm not a big liquid foundation person though.. I prefer the foundation sticks or minerals. I threw this bottle out after a few uses..

Shiann, Miami
Reviewed on July 12, 2012

I used this for quite a long time. I stopped using this because it stopped being available at my local walgreens or walmart, so I had to choose another foundation. For me, this was perfect paired with the loose powder Almay has, but for someone looking for a medium-full coverage, this might not suit you. This foundation does have oil. What I don't understand is why everyone thinks oil is so terrible for your skin; oils are needed to hydrate your skin. If you naturally have oily skin, I would stay away from this, or not use a moisturizer/primer underneath. I have very dry skin with mild acne and I used a primer, moisturizer under the foundation and it didn't break me out at all. This used to be my HG foundation. If this is still available in your area I would say give it a shot and buy it while its there! As for reference, the foundation leaves a dewy finish and adds glow and warmth to the face. It makes you look awake and fresh and healthy. I used to just powder my hair, chin, and jawline (sometimes my nose) just because I love a dewy satin finish.

Julie, New York NY
Reviewed on February 25, 2012

I never had acne problems .,., until I used this makeup , i used it at summer time and the make up felt like it was clogging my pores it also felt Sooo oily .,I washed it of and I started to break out on my cheeks and my forehead well I freaked out and I washed my skin with the biore scrub it just inflamed my pimples very bad( I didn't know that scrubs inflamed acne) my whole skin swoled up it turned red and my skin had all this cystic acne it was horrible .,worst experience of my life .,till this day I get little white heads On my cheeks but I wash my skin with green tea mix with oatmeal and just use the water to clean my skin and I use neutrogena healthy makeup which I love and recommend =]

Anonymous
Reviewed on October 21, 2011

This stuff is amazing. After creating an ance problem for myself as a result of years of using L'Oreal True Match concealer (*NEVER* use that stuff), I found this wonderful makeup which I use only on parts of my face as a concealer and tone-evener. Now that I've been off the L'Oreal for over a year (and on Dan's regimen), I don't get acne anymore, but for undereye circles and dark or reddish areas, this stuff is perfect and blends really well with my skin. It has not caused any breakouts and if anything it smooths and moisturizes my skin even more.

S, Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed on March 16, 2011

I love it! I don't get any breakouts. Jojoba oil is great for skin with acne. This product is light, letting your skin breath. It looks wonserful

Reviewed on March 3, 2010

I love this foundation! It's so great for my oily skin. It's not heavy, so it doesn't provide full coverage (More of a tinted moisturizer) but what's great about it is it contains jojoba oil which tricks your skin into thinking it's producing enough oil already. At first when you apply this product it feels very wet, just let it set and then apply a powder and your good to go!