Almay Clear Complexion Pressed Powder reviews

4.1/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Almay

Salicylic Acid (0.6%).

Other Ingredients:
Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Nylon-12, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Almay Clear Complexion Pressed Powder, Light 100, 0.35-Ounce Packages (Pack of 2)
updated: 07/30/2014 21:19 UTC
Almay Clear Complexion Pressed Powder, Light/Medium 200, 0.35-Ounce Packages (Pack of 2)
updated: 07/30/2014 21:19 UTC

Overhyped powder, not good for my acne prone skin
Reviewed on February 16, 2014

This breaks me out. There hasnt been a SINGLE day that I've used this that I don't come home to find a new white head on my nose, cheek or chin, from this; together with an army of bumps. I dont even know what to use anymore. I used to use a powder from Clinique (the sheer matte) but they reformulated and now it has talc and other things that it didnt had before.Now it breaks me out AND makes me shiny. >:S This does mattify and doesnt make you shiny though. The price is ridiculous for the cheap plastic container and small amount of powder.

Doesn't cause breakouts
Reviewed on October 20, 2013

I have mild acne and combination skin. I tend to get shiny not long after apply makeup. I use this powder with the Almay Clear Complexion foundation and apply it with a brush. It last all day with maybe 1 touch up to tone down shine. I'm not sure it helped with breakouts but I know it didn't cause them.

this is good for people with less sever acne
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

I have oily skin and this helps to prevent shine and even out large pores without clogging them. The only problem in that i have a lot of red spots and this doesn't cover them. THis is not my number one choice.

Reviewed on April 12, 2011

I usually hate wearing powder makeup because it usually breaks me out or makes me even MORE oily for some reason--not with this!! I'm so happy I found a powder that evens my skin & doesnt break me out. It hides imperfections & controls oily areas all day long. I even got complements on my skin since I've been using this...I was like--whoa what? Try it out! I recommend using a powder brush instead of the applicator pad that comes with. (almay seems to work great with my skin--I use their blush & bronzer too)

Reviewed on October 29, 2010

This is a nice powder. I wear it alone or sometimes with concealer to even out my skin a little, but I'm sure it can be worn with foundation and other makeup. It really helps prevent shine! I reappy it during the day, but it can look cakey if you aren't careful.

Reviewed on September 21, 2010

Get for oil control. I could not control the amount of oil on my face every product in the world had meet its match untill this. A good combination with Mac studio fix spray.

Reviewed on August 5, 2010

I was nervous to use this because I had used the almay liquid foundation that is supposed to help breakouts and that actually make me break out more, but I was in search of a powder to wear in the summer months and I found that if it crushed this up, it was just as good as the mineral powder foundation I had been using, and actually has helped my breakouts a bit. If you don't want to splurge for a high end make up, this is a good deal

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

didnt make my face break out or get any better so . its a good choice of powder for acne proned skin.get a color that is alittle lighter then your own. youll regret getting the same skin color as you think you have! my powder turned my skin orange!

Reviewed on March 17, 2010

i love this product! almay clear complexion cosmetics focus on providing light coverage without worsening skin conditions. this powder may not fully cover larger pimples but it is worth it in the long term as the salicylic acid really does help prevent future breakouts. i recommend it to anyone with light to moderate acne who is wishing for a smoother and calmer skin appearance.