Almay Clear Complexion Makeup reviews

3.2/5 - 23 reviews

Brand: Almay

Salicylic Acid (0.6%).

Other Ingredients:
Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxsilicate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Talc, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup, Neutral, 1 fl oz
Almay Clear Complexion Makeup, Buff, 1 fl oz
Almay Clear Complexion Makeup, Naked, 1 fl oz
Almay Clear Complexion Makeup, Ivory, 1 fl oz

Ehhh, not my thing.
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

Coverage isn't the best and I didn't see any improvements after months of use. It goes on smooth and it's good if you want quick coverage, but I wouldn't use this all the time. There's better stuff out there.

by fallenstar921 on 06/11/2017 21:13
What do you consider to be *better stuff* ???? Currently on the hunt for liquid foundation.
good brand but not the greatest product
Reviewed on December 16, 2016

The coverage is good but can get a bit cakey. Idk why but almost any foundation/concealer/pressed powder formulated to clear acne always has very yellowy/orange undertones?? This foundation runs a bit dark for anyone who's pretty pale. Actually, I recommend Almay's TLC liquid foundation instead of this stuff. The clear complexion foundation made me breakout occasionally and it didn't stay matte for long. Not great for naturally oily skin. On the other hand, the TLC foundation kept my skin matte for most of the day , had great coverage, didn't look very cakey, came in lighter shades, but is just a little tough to remove.

eh
Reviewed on July 5, 2016

i thought this was my holy grail but unfortunately it clogged my pores. When i first started wearing it i was inlove because it looked amazing, controlled oil, and i even got a few compliments on my skin. I was using the matching concealer too. After a few weeks of wear, i was getting into my car during a sunny day and caught a glimpse of my reflection in the window and saw MANY clogged pores on my cheeks :( i stopped using it and they went away. After some time I decided to try another almay foundation because the brand seems so promising with the oil free, noncomedogenic claims, but the same thing happened with the clogged pores. Sigh.

Made my eyes puff out and won't go away!
Reviewed on May 20, 2016

Did anyone else have this issue!? I used this last night and woke up to my eyelids and under eye being huge and swollen! I've tried everything and it won't go away.

my skin has never looked better!
Reviewed on January 11, 2015

Since I started using Almay clear complexion liquid foundation, my skin has been clear. I haven't had one breakout since. It is a wonderful product and I am so happy to use it. I have sensitive skin plus oily skin. This is the best makeup I have ever used. I have to use two layers to get the coverage I want but it is worth it!

Light coverage but buildable
Reviewed on November 26, 2014

I have very very sensitive skin with sporadic cystic acne breakouts on my chin. I used to use Mac pro long wear but it was breaking me out like crazy. This foundation is nowhere near as thick of coverage, but it doesn't irritate my skin or make the breakouts worse. If I have a bad pimple, I use the clear complexion concealer as well. It's lightweight, natural looking and overall a good choice for people trying to cover but not make anything worse.

wont break you out
Reviewed on September 2, 2014

I always go back to this foundation because it never breaks me out or clogs my pores ...it can be a little orange on fair skin but most foundation is

Cruelty-Free and Flawless Coverage
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I am 27 and have had mild to moderate acne since my teens. I have used Neutrogena Skin-Clearing foundation for the past few years and was mostly pleased with it, until I found out that Neutrogena still tests on animals. Wanting to avoid hypocrisy as a cruelty-free advocate, I begrudgingly decided to make the switch and try a new foundation. I found out all Almay products are hypoallergenic, non-comedegenic, and the best part--Almay never tests on animals. I had low expectations when using their Clear Complexion makeup, but was determined to show my friends how painless it is to transition to cruelty-free living after doing a few minutes of research. All I can say is that I wish I'd made the switch sooner--this foundation provides excellent coverage and matches my skin tone (very light) better than any foundation I've ever tried before, including Revlon, CoverGirl, and Clinique (all of which test on animals). It doesn't clog my pores, nor does it show the creases around laugh lines easily or dry out my skin. Five stars for so many reasons, I'll never go back.

Not great
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

This stuff stains my hand where I apply the product and use my foundation brush to apply to face. Can be really hard to get off.

Not very good coverage. Which is stupid, because people who will buy a foundation with salicylic acid will need good coverage for their blemishes.

Not enough shades. Lightest shade is too warm and dark. Turns even more orange after application. Looks flakey on dry skin. Can be drying on normal skin.

Even though the coverage us bad, it looks like you're wearing a TONNE of makeup. Very unnatural.

Decent product for the price
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

I used to use Covergirl oil free foundation but switched to this because of clogged pores on my forehead. It doesn't cause breakouts like other foundations. It contains a small amount of salicylic acid, so if you respond to that it may even help you. If you've got sensitive skin don't use this around your eyes. (It can be drying. Use a regular foundation around your eyes and blend the two.) Overall, not bad and offers decent coverage.