Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation reviews

4.3/5 - 4 reviews

Brand: Alima Pure

Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Nothing more.

Don't expect coverage.
Reviewed on June 6, 2014

I think for people that have good to flawless skin, this could be a good product. Unfortunately, I have redness, scarring and acne which is what prompted my purchase in the first place. It just doesn't have any of the coverage I need. I bought the whole she-bang, spent a lot of money thinking if I had the primer, color corrector, foundation, bronzer and finishing powder I'd be covered, but it wasn't the case. In the morning, I'd look somewhat decent, get to work and be horrified that my scarring had already started to show through. I also became pretty oily halfway through my day. I tried to use it for a few weeks and tried layering it too but I have had it for just a little bit of time and am almost completely out of the foundation..so a little does not go a long way with the foundation anyway. Any bronzer or blush really just rubs the foundation off..so it's hard to have any color on my cheeks. I'm not trying to bash it at all. I'm sure it's very healthy for my skin..but I just can't not have coverage. I love the packaging and the fact that it is so healthy. I really wanted this to work out but I need coverage.

Reviewed on June 5, 2012

I have used this for many, many months and absolutely LOVE it. My skin breaks out just from looking at it wrong, but Alima Pure products don't break me out at all! Only 3-4 ingredients, which is amazing. I even double checked all of the ingredients with my esthetician and she says they're all great!

My mother uses it and applies it very softly for a light coverage. You can apply the powder a little bit heaver for a medium coverage. Or, the way I do it, spray your brush with a bit of water, then dip it into the powder (poor some onto the lid) and it goes on in a more heavy coverage. However, no matter which way you do it, it looks NATURAL. Completely non-cakey.

Also, the have a very nice "ask the artist" feature, which will give you a very accurate recommendation for a foundation match. They were dead on for me and my mother! :)

Basically, this stuff is my holy-grail amazingness :)

Reviewed on November 2, 2011

I LOVE this foundation and i have really tried them all; l'oreal, bare minerals, make up forever hd foundation, smashbox, mac, clinique, neutrogena, etc. My skin is very sensitive to breakouts and can get oily so none of these foundations worked for me. i finally came across Alima Pure and instantly fell in love! My first standard with makeup in general is that it won't break me out and this one does not. Goes on matte but after an hour or so it turns into a natural finish. Point is, I wish I had found this sooner. (Also, I found that birth control really cleared up my skin- sronyx)

Reviewed on July 1, 2011

I absolutely love this MMU. I was using Bare escentuals matte formula for years by now, maybe 4-5, but once I first tried Alima I really liked the idea. The first time I used it, I liked it but I did not know how to wear it, so I gave up. Bare minerals never truly matched my skintone and it also had ingredients in it that I think made me break out. I sampled alima again and am so happy with it. Their site has so much information about MMU and how to apply it properly. They also send samples galore with all orders. Everything they make is designed around the user and not the company which is amazing. Unless you are Mica sensitive, their MMU should not break someone out. Also, clean make up brushes to be sure it is not the MMU. I love this stuff!!

I also apply Makeupforever's HD powder before I apply Alima to create a nice, oil-free canvas for the MMU to glide onto.