Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation

Brand: Alima Pure

Most helpful review

By Dancexnxthexrain on 06/05/2012
thumbnail

I have used this for many, many months and absolutely LOVE it. My skin breaks out just from looking at it wrong, but Alima Pure products don't break me out at all! Only 3-4 ingredients, which is amazing. I even double checked all of the ingredients with my esthetician and she says they're all great! My mother uses it and applies it very softly for a light coverage. You can apply the powder a little bit heaver for a medium coverage. Or, the way I do it, spray your brush with a bit of water, then dip it into the powder (poor some onto the lid) and it goes on in a more heavy coverage. However, no matter which way you do it, it looks NATURAL. Completely non-cakey. Also, the have a very nice "ask the artist" feature, which will give you a very accurate recommendation for a foundation match. They were dead on for me and my mother! :) Basically, this stuff is my holy-grail amazingness :).

Pros:
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Natural looking
  • Anywhere from light-heavy coverage
  • Lasts a long time
  • Cheap for how much you get!
  • Fantastic company
Cons:
  • By the very end of the day I look pretty oily :/

10 out of 18 people found this review helpful

Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Nothing more.

Member reviews

By on

Basically, this stuff is my holy-grail amazingness :)

Pros

• Doesn't break me out
  • Natural looking
  • Anywhere from light-heavy coverage
  • Lasts a long time
  • Cheap for how much you get!
  • Fantastic company

Cons

• By the very end of the day I look pretty oily :/
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 22
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I LOVE this foundation and i have really tried them all; l'oreal, bare minerals, make up forever hd foundation, smashbox, mac, clinique, neutrogena, etc. My skin is very sensitive to breakouts and can get oily so none of these foundations worked for me. i finally came across Alima Pure and instantly fell in love! My first standard with makeup in general is that it won't break me out and this one does not. Goes on matte but after an hour or so it turns into a natural finish. Point is, I wish I had found this sooner. (Also, I found that birth control really cleared up my skin- sronyx)

Pros

• does not my break me out (even when i sleep with it on)
  • natural ingredients
  • buildable coverage
  • lasts a long time (for me 6 months)
  • looks natural

Cons

• only ships if you don't live in OR
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 22
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I absolutely love this MMU. I was using Bare escentuals matte formula for years by now, maybe 4-5, but once I first tried Alima I really liked the idea. The first time I used it, I liked it but I did not know how to wear it, so I gave up. Bare minerals never truly matched my skintone and it also had ingredients in it that I think made me break out. I sampled alima again and am so happy with it. Their site has so much information about MMU and how to apply it properly. They also send samples galore with all orders. Everything they make is designed around the user and not the company which is amazing. Unless you are Mica sensitive, their MMU should not break someone out. Also, clean make up brushes to be sure it is not the MMU. I love this stuff!!

I also apply Makeupforever's HD powder before I apply Alima to create a nice, oil-free canvas for the MMU to glide onto.

Pros

• Cheaper than Bareminerals
  • Eco-friendly company
  • 60 different foundation shades
  • Matte finish
  • 3 ingredients (Titanium and Iron Oxides, Mica)

Cons

• Mail order unless you live in Portland, OR.
  • With 60 shades it may be hard to find shade
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 22
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.