Alesse Oral Contraceptive reviews

Brand: Alesse

Mark product as reinstated

No Problems with Alesse
Reviewed on September 23, 2016

I truly believe that each individual has different experiences and methods that work them when it comes to not only acne, but their overall health. Personally, I never experienced any bad side effects from Alesse or it's generics. I was on different versions of it for about 8 years (16-24) with no problems what-so-ever. Previous I had tried the deposhot, orthoevra patch, and plan B a (couple of times). Also, no bad acne reactions to those methods neither. But, as soon as I switched from Alesse (or its generic) to Yasmin (Ocella) for issues with what my NP thought might be PMDD (I regret complaining about anything mood related now!) I broke out with crappy acne. Only mild-moderate but still no fun when you're used to having perfect skin. Still contemplating going back on it or just going with spironolactone as suggested by my doctor.

Made Me Breakout
Reviewed on September 18, 2016

This is the third birth control pill that I have been on, and I've been on it for probably about 6 months now. This pill made my acne ten times worse in just the first week of being on it. The only positive thing is it didn't make me nauseous/throw up like the other ones I've been on, but in terms of assisting my acne it did not work at all. After a few months my acne started to settle down from the initial flare up, but it definitely is still worse than it was before I was on the pill, and definitely not anywhere near where I'd like to be. The initial flare up began on my forhead and slowly spread onto other areas of my face such as my chin, temples and cheeks. I'm going to the doctor next week as I only have one refill of this pill left and I want to get switched.