Page 4 of African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 38 reviews

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 04/23/2014 14:52 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 04/23/2014 14:52 UTC

Reviewed on July 13, 2011

I've used African Black Soap from Ghana for months and I love it. I think the main reason for the bad reviews is that people on here haven't used raw african soap, there are many copies of it out there, which is why buying online is your best bet. I buy mine from E b a y and it's very cheap ($5.24 for 6oz, currently) It might help very mild acne, but nothing amazing. I just love it because it's so gentle and pure which is everything you need in a good face wash, it shouldn't be helping your acne; that what a good treatment does. Remember, raw from Ghana. The women from there make it and pack it themselves. You will love it, so don't be discouraged by the bad reviews.

Good luck. :)

(BTW: for cysts try Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion) Help a ton.

My acne is really bad, almost severe if anyone finds that helpful.

Reviewed on December 20, 2010

Wouldn't buy more. I got some from a friend, but it dried my face so bad it made the situation even worse. Flaky!

Reviewed on August 6, 2010

Recommended if you have allergies or negative side effects from commercial cleansers.

Reviewed on June 24, 2010

this product was very annoying, but it cleared my very bad acne. I would give to someone with very bad acne to relive the face.

It is better as hand soap

I got a natural black soap that was not ground smoothly

Reviewed on April 6, 2010

great soap! i was nervous about using it because it's made with shea butter and different oils, but it's wonderful and smells nice (and mild) too; my skin is actually glowing and clear!

I use the brand agbanga karite, which is fair trade and really serious about quality control.

Reviewed on March 17, 2010

If your acne isn't too severe then this may work for you.