Page 4 of African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 41 reviews

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 10/21/2014 05:43 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 10/21/2014 05:43 UTC

Reviewed on March 19, 2012

I would recommend this product. I first started using it when I was battling a bad break-out, and the brands that I was using basically stopped working (it was the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar, clean and clear face lotion with 2% salicylic acid). I was at my last straw when I tried this, and it worked.

I thought that since it didn't have acne fighting "stuff" in it like benzol peroxide or salicylic acid or some type of anti-bacterial it wouldn't work. but, it does. & it's all natural, so my skin reacts to it well. I can't pin point why it works so well for acne.

I use the Shea Moisture brand, I would recommend that one. I also use their shea moisturizing butter that has hibiscus and coconut in it. it helps even out my skin tone (i have acne scars and uneven pigment because i have "problem" skin) They work well as a team, being that the soap can be a little drying, depending on the weather.

Reviewed on March 11, 2012

I had mild acne as a young teenager which has become more severe as I approach my twenties due to mostly hormonal factors caused by an increase in the severity of my PCOS.

It does not help that I am allergic to most soaps, even ones for sensitive skin cause me to develop a red blotchy rash and burning on my face. I previously had to use different types of cleaners which were not as effective such as skin wipes and foaming cleaners.

I don't know what compelled me to try Nubian Heritage's African black soap (it appealed to me more than the raw stuff, which looked too abrasive). I ordered some online and began to use it once a day.

I first wet a towel with hot water, then rub a generous amount of the black soap on to the towel. Then I rub it on to my face in circular motions - this leaves white residue, which I let soak in before rinsing my face with cold water to close up my pores.

At first the only thing I noticed was that I did not have an adverse reaction to the soap, although I did need to moisturize around my nose more at first. However, with continued use I have noticed my skin grow brighter, my acne scars begin to fade and a definite decline in the amount of new spots I get. My skin is also a lot softer to the touch, and my oily prone T zone has settled down into normal skin.

I've also begun to use a Comedone extractor with a looped end that pops spots with heads safely and cleanly. The soap dries up the popped spots and keeps the area clean, making them less likely to come back.

All in all this product has restored my skin so that I have an even skin texture (no more oily or dry bits) and has helped in improving my skin texture, although my acne scars are stubborn and I doubt they will ever fade to the point of not being noticeable.

(I have put $5 since the product cost me about £3 online)

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

I have never done a review for anything before as nothing seem to work for my acne prone skin.. Yes i came to the stage where I was going to go on accutane!! I tried antibiotics, creams and whatever else you can name. I came across this product while looking at reviews for taking accutane as this was my last option,,,!! I brought this soap and at first I thought what can a soap do? I have Asian/Pakistani skin and my skin is really sensitive!! I break out to anything and everything..!! I have used this soap for at least 7weeks and My acne has mostly gone! This is my holy Grail soap and I use it once a day at first I used it 2times a day now only once as my skin was getting dry but not that dry as no moisturizer can't help :) I love this product and I recooment this to everyone! If ur suffering from bad acne I think u should try this...! A little of this soap goes a long way and it lathers soo much and also you get that squeaky clean feeling on your skin..!! I love this product!

Reviewed on November 5, 2011

When I tried this soap I absolutely loved it - it really cleaned my skin and brightened up my face. Though it was drying I always put moisturizer so it was okay. I used it morning and night for about 2-3 weeks and noticed a piece of my skin started peeling. I have sensitive skin and I have cutaneous lupus so when my skin peels it makes this scab that doesn't look like my skin and won't heal properly. After that I stopped using it. I still think this is good, but not now that we are heading into winter. I'm going to use it once a day at night and get a better moisturizer.

Totally recommend if u don't have dry skin during the winter time and u want a cleanser that will not only clean ur face but also remove makeup.

Reviewed on July 18, 2011

You must get RAW African Black Soap. I got it at the Black Expo and it was very inexpensive. I read so many wonderful things about raw black soap and shea butter and purchased a lot of both for only $22. Raw black soap is not black in color like this item shown in the photo. It is a brownish color and it is GREAT. I have tried everything, and trust me this is a GOD-SEND

Reviewed on July 13, 2011

I've used African Black Soap from Ghana for months and I love it. I think the main reason for the bad reviews is that people on here haven't used raw african soap, there are many copies of it out there, which is why buying online is your best bet. I buy mine from E b a y and it's very cheap ($5.24 for 6oz, currently) It might help very mild acne, but nothing amazing. I just love it because it's so gentle and pure which is everything you need in a good face wash, it shouldn't be helping your acne; that what a good treatment does. Remember, raw from Ghana. The women from there make it and pack it themselves. You will love it, so don't be discouraged by the bad reviews.

Good luck. :)

(BTW: for cysts try Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion) Help a ton.

My acne is really bad, almost severe if anyone finds that helpful.

Reviewed on December 20, 2010

Wouldn't buy more. I got some from a friend, but it dried my face so bad it made the situation even worse. Flaky!

Reviewed on August 6, 2010

Recommended if you have allergies or negative side effects from commercial cleansers.

Reviewed on June 24, 2010

this product was very annoying, but it cleared my very bad acne. I would give to someone with very bad acne to relive the face.

It is better as hand soap

I got a natural black soap that was not ground smoothly

Reviewed on April 6, 2010

great soap! i was nervous about using it because it's made with shea butter and different oils, but it's wonderful and smells nice (and mild) too; my skin is actually glowing and clear!

I use the brand agbanga karite, which is fair trade and really serious about quality control.