Page 4 of African Black Soap reviews

4.3/5 - 48 reviews

Brand: African

African Black Soap

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 02/10/2016 11:54 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 02/10/2016 11:54 UTC

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I use Nubian Heritage African Black soap. I use it twice a day. It has sheabutter, aloe, coconut oil, vitamin e, and some other natural products. It really makes your skin smooth which is an amazing feeling, but for me, I still to need to exfoliate. I'm adding sugar in starting tonight to exfoliate. But I can say it's the best cleanser I've ever used because my skin is super sensitive to chemicals. Natural skin care is the way to go.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I was using this soap a little bit longer than a month. It's not bad, really, but I guess it's just my skin that dries after almost everything that I use. It's natural, by the way, so I wasn't afraid that it would do something bad for my skin. The components are very simple and there aren't anything that you could get allergy from (well, except if you are allergic for burnt vegetables). But after all that month I didn't see any difference in my skin. I have moderate to cystic acne, so it didn't really did anything significant.

From my point, I wouldn't recommend this to HEAL acne, but for daily basis it's cool, I guess. If you have not very sensitive skin, then it's ok to use it, you should at least try - that's all we do to cure acne. :)

Reviewed on July 28, 2012

I've tried lost of things antibiotics, creams, soaps, birth control pills and nothing help. This soap has done miracles on my skin I love it. I also use tea tree oil on my pimples to prevent more redness. You should definitely buy it. I feel better now =)

Reviewed on July 25, 2012

Have been using it for a month. I don't have any more acne and my skin tone is more even. I use Dudu Osun. Which contains honey and lime juice that have helped fade my hyper pigmentation greatly. During the first couple of weeks of using this soap, my skin did become very dry and it did burn when I washed my face with it. I learned to not wash with a towel, but to lather the soap in my hands and rub it on my face. I never knew after 8+ of having bad acne...it's almost over for me and I have found my holy grail!

Reviewed on June 30, 2012

I've been using liquid black soap for 5 days and the results are unreal! The acne is the closest it's ever been to being completely gone. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but this is a fantastic all-natural product.

I would recommend the liquid form because it lathers well and rinses easily (thus avoiding the residue that soap bars leave).

I use it 1-3 times a day - whenever my skin feels dirty and oily from humidity, make-up, etc. The light dryness is really no bother, but if you feel like your skin could use a little drink, I recommend a small amount of Bio-Oil on the dry areas.

After using Neutrogena, Vichy, Spectro, Clean & Clear, Biore and all that jazz, I have found that black soap is where it's at!

Best of luck!

Reviewed on May 16, 2012

Had bad acne for most my life, (in my 20s now) tried everything, went to derms, spent so much $$$ on my face its ridicuous. The cheapest and most natural product turned out to be the BEST out of everything else i've tried! Seriously, if you've tried so many products you may want to give this one a try.It did purge my skin like crazy for 2 weeks or so but it was worth it. My skin is now really clear and post acne marks have almost 100% faded away! i look like a person who's had good skin all their life!

I use it twice a day, morning and right before bed.

1.Use warm water to let your pores open up before you wash your face with the soap. 2.Wash in circular motions for 15 seconds and then rinse with warm water, followed by cool water to seal pores.

3.It really dries your skin at first so follow up with a light moisturizer. (i use the brand Simple)

4.BE PATIENT! dont expect to wake up the next few days acne free...this product is natural and needs time to naturally clean out your pores and heal you. Let your skin do its job n just try to build endurance for the next few weeks. (wear bangs or a hat lol) You will notice your skin changing for the better and soon after you purge you'll see you're acne clear up too :)

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

This is great! You can buy from africans in the street for $4.00 for a small size. I wish I had found out about this product when I was a teenager. I am in my twenties now.

Reviewed on March 19, 2012

I would recommend this product. I first started using it when I was battling a bad break-out, and the brands that I was using basically stopped working (it was the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar, clean and clear face lotion with 2% salicylic acid). I was at my last straw when I tried this, and it worked.

I thought that since it didn't have acne fighting "stuff" in it like benzol peroxide or salicylic acid or some type of anti-bacterial it wouldn't work. but, it does. & it's all natural, so my skin reacts to it well. I can't pin point why it works so well for acne.

I use the Shea Moisture brand, I would recommend that one. I also use their shea moisturizing butter that has hibiscus and coconut in it. it helps even out my skin tone (i have acne scars and uneven pigment because i have "problem" skin) They work well as a team, being that the soap can be a little drying, depending on the weather.

Reviewed on March 11, 2012

I had mild acne as a young teenager which has become more severe as I approach my twenties due to mostly hormonal factors caused by an increase in the severity of my PCOS.

It does not help that I am allergic to most soaps, even ones for sensitive skin cause me to develop a red blotchy rash and burning on my face. I previously had to use different types of cleaners which were not as effective such as skin wipes and foaming cleaners.

I don't know what compelled me to try Nubian Heritage's African black soap (it appealed to me more than the raw stuff, which looked too abrasive). I ordered some online and began to use it once a day.

I first wet a towel with hot water, then rub a generous amount of the black soap on to the towel. Then I rub it on to my face in circular motions - this leaves white residue, which I let soak in before rinsing my face with cold water to close up my pores.

At first the only thing I noticed was that I did not have an adverse reaction to the soap, although I did need to moisturize around my nose more at first. However, with continued use I have noticed my skin grow brighter, my acne scars begin to fade and a definite decline in the amount of new spots I get. My skin is also a lot softer to the touch, and my oily prone T zone has settled down into normal skin.

I've also begun to use a Comedone extractor with a looped end that pops spots with heads safely and cleanly. The soap dries up the popped spots and keeps the area clean, making them less likely to come back.

All in all this product has restored my skin so that I have an even skin texture (no more oily or dry bits) and has helped in improving my skin texture, although my acne scars are stubborn and I doubt they will ever fade to the point of not being noticeable.

(I have put $5 since the product cost me about £3 online)

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

I have never done a review for anything before as nothing seem to work for my acne prone skin.. Yes i came to the stage where I was going to go on accutane!! I tried antibiotics, creams and whatever else you can name. I came across this product while looking at reviews for taking accutane as this was my last option,,,!! I brought this soap and at first I thought what can a soap do? I have Asian/Pakistani skin and my skin is really sensitive!! I break out to anything and everything..!! I have used this soap for at least 7weeks and My acne has mostly gone! This is my holy Grail soap and I use it once a day at first I used it 2times a day now only once as my skin was getting dry but not that dry as no moisturizer can't help :) I love this product and I recooment this to everyone! If ur suffering from bad acne I think u should try this...! A little of this soap goes a long way and it lathers soo much and also you get that squeaky clean feeling on your skin..!! I love this product!