Page 3 of African Black Soap reviews

4.3/5 - 40 reviews

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 10/01/2014 16:50 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 10/01/2014 16:50 UTC

Reviewed on August 28, 2012

I am 26 and have had moderately sever acne since my early twenties. Adult acne is not fun! I have tried everything (numerous antibiotics, and topicals, even drug store acne products) I no longer have health insurance so prescription medications are no longer available to me, and as soon as I stop my medications my acne returns. I was recommended the Dudu Osun bar soap by a client who had the most amazing skin I had ever seen (no joke!) I have been using the soap for only 2 weeks and have seen immediate results. My acne cleared super fast, my pores appear to be smaller, my acne scars have diminished, my skin feels super clean after washing my face, and my skin is glowing! It is now the only thing (other than moisturizer) that I use on my face. I really really recommend this soap to anyone suffering from acne and oily skin. Its a miracle!

by Alexr143 on 08/10/2014 17:59
What do you do to moisturizer?
Reviewed on August 1, 2012

I've had acne since I can remember. It runs in my family. It started getting really bad this past winter and I tried everything. I had cysts along my jaw line,tiny bumbs all over my cheeks, and white heads that were clustering my chin. As some of them healed, I would continuously be waking up with new formations. I didn't want to leave the house or see people what so ever. I dreaded my girlfriends wanting to go out because I could feel people staring at the spots on my face. I became extremely self conscious. I started reading up on all sorts of products on acne.org and based on positive reviews I changed my entire regime. I began taking vitamins B-Complex, Zinc, Fish Oil, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A (all of which have been proven to be good for your skin in one way or another). I ordered the giant squeeze bottle of Benzoyl Peroxide off Acne.org ($15), and I went to Mother's Market to purchase the fake version of African Black Soap ($4). I didn't begin all of this at once, but slowly added products into my regime as I learned about them. After beginning to use the black soap and BP I did get some small cysts on the very outer edge of my jawline but those eventually stopped. Although I get pimples once in a while...it's only a few at a time at most and are definitely on the manageable side. I highly recommend using the internet to do some research. I found that the natural/gentle ways were much more effective than the systems you can buy for boucou bucks with supposed proven effects and celebrity endorsements.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I use Nubian Heritage African Black soap. I use it twice a day. It has sheabutter, aloe, coconut oil, vitamin e, and some other natural products. It really makes your skin smooth which is an amazing feeling, but for me, I still to need to exfoliate. I'm adding sugar in starting tonight to exfoliate. But I can say it's the best cleanser I've ever used because my skin is super sensitive to chemicals. Natural skin care is the way to go.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I was using this soap a little bit longer than a month. It's not bad, really, but I guess it's just my skin that dries after almost everything that I use. It's natural, by the way, so I wasn't afraid that it would do something bad for my skin. The components are very simple and there aren't anything that you could get allergy from (well, except if you are allergic for burnt vegetables). But after all that month I didn't see any difference in my skin. I have moderate to cystic acne, so it didn't really did anything significant.

From my point, I wouldn't recommend this to HEAL acne, but for daily basis it's cool, I guess. If you have not very sensitive skin, then it's ok to use it, you should at least try - that's all we do to cure acne. :)

Reviewed on July 28, 2012

I've tried lost of things antibiotics, creams, soaps, birth control pills and nothing help. This soap has done miracles on my skin I love it. I also use tea tree oil on my pimples to prevent more redness. You should definitely buy it. I feel better now =)

Reviewed on July 25, 2012

Have been using it for a month. I don't have any more acne and my skin tone is more even. I use Dudu Osun. Which contains honey and lime juice that have helped fade my hyper pigmentation greatly. During the first couple of weeks of using this soap, my skin did become very dry and it did burn when I washed my face with it. I learned to not wash with a towel, but to lather the soap in my hands and rub it on my face. I never knew after 8+ of having bad acne...it's almost over for me and I have found my holy grail!

Reviewed on June 30, 2012

I've been using liquid black soap for 5 days and the results are unreal! The acne is the closest it's ever been to being completely gone. Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but this is a fantastic all-natural product.

I would recommend the liquid form because it lathers well and rinses easily (thus avoiding the residue that soap bars leave).

I use it 1-3 times a day - whenever my skin feels dirty and oily from humidity, make-up, etc. The light dryness is really no bother, but if you feel like your skin could use a little drink, I recommend a small amount of Bio-Oil on the dry areas.

After using Neutrogena, Vichy, Spectro, Clean & Clear, Biore and all that jazz, I have found that black soap is where it's at!

Best of luck!

Reviewed on May 16, 2012

Had bad acne for most my life, (in my 20s now) tried everything, went to derms, spent so much $$$ on my face its ridicuous. The cheapest and most natural product turned out to be the BEST out of everything else i've tried! Seriously, if you've tried so many products you may want to give this one a try.It did purge my skin like crazy for 2 weeks or so but it was worth it. My skin is now really clear and post acne marks have almost 100% faded away! i look like a person who's had good skin all their life!

I use it twice a day, morning and right before bed.

1.Use warm water to let your pores open up before you wash your face with the soap. 2.Wash in circular motions for 15 seconds and then rinse with warm water, followed by cool water to seal pores.

3.It really dries your skin at first so follow up with a light moisturizer. (i use the brand Simple)

4.BE PATIENT! dont expect to wake up the next few days acne free...this product is natural and needs time to naturally clean out your pores and heal you. Let your skin do its job n just try to build endurance for the next few weeks. (wear bangs or a hat lol) You will notice your skin changing for the better and soon after you purge you'll see you're acne clear up too :)

Reviewed on April 9, 2012

This is great! You can buy from africans in the street for $4.00 for a small size. I wish I had found out about this product when I was a teenager. I am in my twenties now.

Reviewed on March 19, 2012

I would recommend this product. I first started using it when I was battling a bad break-out, and the brands that I was using basically stopped working (it was the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar, clean and clear face lotion with 2% salicylic acid). I was at my last straw when I tried this, and it worked.

I thought that since it didn't have acne fighting "stuff" in it like benzol peroxide or salicylic acid or some type of anti-bacterial it wouldn't work. but, it does. & it's all natural, so my skin reacts to it well. I can't pin point why it works so well for acne.

I use the Shea Moisture brand, I would recommend that one. I also use their shea moisturizing butter that has hibiscus and coconut in it. it helps even out my skin tone (i have acne scars and uneven pigment because i have "problem" skin) They work well as a team, being that the soap can be a little drying, depending on the weather.