Page 3 of Madina African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 59 reviews

Brand: Madina

Triclocarban.

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Fragrance, Glycerin, Cocoate Butter, Iron Oxide, Aloe Powder, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tocopherol Acetate.

Madina African Black Soap

Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 12/09/2016 17:19 UTC

Shea Moisture (Brand) - African Black Soap
Reviewed on April 28, 2014

Keeps skin feeling fresh, clean, and tight - not dry and stripped. It's an easy to find, low cost product. I've tried everything from Cetaphil, to prescriptions and ProActiv. African black soap is the first step to my skin care routine.

(Acne.org Treatment being the second step.)

The best decision I ever made
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

I created an account just to rave about how much this product has helped my skin. I've gone through so many products trying to help my skin. My whole seventeen years of life i've had somewhat clear skin, but this past year i became a pizza. A literal pizza, i probably had sauce dripping down my face an grease. Not really, I just got REALLY BAD. and i had tried proactiv which used to work for me, but i guess the product called it quits with my face. I have a photoshoot coming up and this was my last chance to get clear skin before then. It's working! It's amazing and everytime i pass a mirror without makeup my self confidence actually spikes for once! I'll post updates in a week if its gotten better on this review as comments! I would suggest this product to anyone suffering from acne.

I actually Enjoy it
Reviewed on May 30, 2013

I have plaque psoriasis. I was looking everywhere for a treatment that I wasn't also allergic to. Everything I found made me break out in Severe hives. When I found the black soap, it was not processed, just scooped out of this huge wooden bowl and put into a little plastic jar. This was the only product- USED WITH NATURAL SHEA BUTTER- that did not give me a bad reaction. The directions I was given was to add water to the mixture to soften, apply to washcloth or scrubbie, and scrub affected area and rinse very well. I bought this from The Old Drugstore in DownTown St. Augustine, hence the price.

Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I used real african black soap imported from Ghana so that might be the reason it broke me out. Commercial black soaps aren't usually black soap at all. People said there was a purging period, but I personally don't believe in "purging" and the day I stopped using it I saw a significant decrease in pimples.

Reviewed on April 8, 2013

Ive been using it alongside Quinoderm (5%BP + lactic acid combo) and its perfect for removing the layer of dead, flaky dry skin. This review is for the Ghana variety of ABS, I have tried the Nigerian (dudu osun) and I wouldnt reccomend it when using BP etc as its a lot harsher and stings my skin.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

I have hormonal acne, so it could just be that I need a more internal solution....wish I could use this for the dry skin aspect, but can't because it's aggravating to my acne.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

I used akoma black soap from ghana.100% natural.i use it morning and evening and it really has helped clear my acne (severe) I soap the bar in my hands and then apply to face..remove with warm face clothe then splash with water.leaves face soft and clear but a tad dry.has cleared my face almost entirely! I dnt wash over my eyes with it as I found it stung alot.also I was told u could wash hair with it...DONT! Left it awful.but for face its fantastic! :))

Reviewed on March 11, 2013

My acne is comedonal with a few inflamed zits. I've tried it all, some products didn't work at all, some worked for a while but then became ineffective. Well this is the best product ever!! In one month my skin has smoothed out. I hardly get any zits and the occasional ones I get don't get inflamed. My huge pores have become smaller and overall it's evening out my skin tone which is plagued by hyperpigmentation. I really do recomend if you have comedonal acne!!

by fmjessica on 04/18/2016 19:15
What brand are you using?