Page 2 of African Black Soap reviews

4.3/5 - 40 reviews

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 09/01/2014 10:49 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 09/01/2014 10:49 UTC

Reviewed on March 11, 2013

My acne is comedonal with a few inflamed zits. I've tried it all, some products didn't work at all, some worked for a while but then became ineffective. Well this is the best product ever!! In one month my skin has smoothed out. I hardly get any zits and the occasional ones I get don't get inflamed. My huge pores have become smaller and overall it's evening out my skin tone which is plagued by hyperpigmentation. I really do recomend if you have comedonal acne!!

Reviewed on March 5, 2013

I love this soap! As a teenager, I always suffered from pretty intense cyst acne. Now in my late 20s, I still experience pretty regular breakouts, though not as bad. I've always had a heard time finding a good acne product because my skin is already very dry and most acne products dry it out even worse. I don't suffer like I did as a kid, but one thing has always been constant: breaking out bad the week before my menstrual cycle. For the first time in my life, THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN. Buy some! :)

Reviewed on February 28, 2013

I have been struggling with acne for 7 years. It is not a picnic, my acne has pitted scars and so many red marks that have been left behind. I had been using bee yummy skin food to control my acne prone skin but it only seemed to do what the over the counter products did....control the acne not get rid of it. I wanted something that would get rid of it, help fade the scars and be natural. It seemed like an impossible task but I searched on the web, youtube, makeup alley, and I came across african black soap. Now when I ordered it I was really exited. I knew exacly what it was going to look like, what it was going to do. I thought it was going to sting my skin but it didn't. It just had a really clean feel to it. I wash my entire face with it, even my eyes. It leaves my face feeling soft but after like 30 mins it starts to get this drying effect. I immediately put unrefined shea butter on it and it takes care of the dryness. I only put the shea butter on at night, so that it doesn't make my face look oily during the day. I have only been using these two products for like 5 days and I could see that some of my scars are fading. Some of my bumps are going away. I could tell that the texture of my skin is improving. A lot of peopIe have said they had a purging period but I didn't get any purge. Thank goodness because I have really sensitive skin that reacts to anything and everything. I really hope that it keeps working, so far I really think it's the only thing that has helped me in about 7 years. My skin is still not 100% clear and my marks are still there but like I said it's only been 5 days. I will update to let you guys know if the acne, red marks and pitted scars are less noticable. Thank you coastal scents for making such a wonderful product it has been a long journey and I hope this is my holy grail! I got mine from coastal scents and the unrefined shea butter to use as moisturizer.

Reviewed on February 6, 2013

I am having a job interview in a couple of days and of course I had a severe outbreak on my forehead and chin. I needed something that would work fast. I did some research and read a lot of positive reviews on African Black Soap. I didn't get actual Black Soap, I got Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap at Walgreens. I have noticed a dramatic change in just a few days in my skin. All my acne is gone and all I have left is red spots that are fading! Great soap but you must moisturize after.

Reviewed on February 4, 2013

I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering from minor break outs or those who just want a glowing complexion. It made my skin a little more even but I have moderately severe acne so it didn't clear me up completely. I would definitely say give this a try if you have minor break outs. As a bonus, it's a great make up remover! Don't overuse as it is a strong soap. I have very sensitive skin and using it once a day didn't cause any negative skin reactions. Give it a shot!

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

This soap is superb! I've got the perfect process on how to use this soap. I learned this from my grandmother who used this as a child growing up in Germany and she said it cleared everyone's acne back then. Anyway wash face in circular motions with lather for 30 seconds, then let it sit on for 30 to 60 seconds more. After shower or wash let your face air dry, when dry, your face will feel frozen so then take witch hazel and apply with a cotton ball. The WH closes & soothes your pores instantly.

Reviewed on November 19, 2012

I have sensitive combination skin with light/moderate acne on my face. Mainly I have little bumps and an underground pimple on my chin or forehead. This soap works wonders.

A big mistake I've made when trying to fix my skin is I tend to purchase cleansers and treatments that dry up my skin, hoping to dry up the pimples underneath. However, it just doesn't work.

I use Nubian Black Soap. Their recipe contains palm ash, plantain peel extract, tamarind extract and papaya enzymes. Not only does it smell heavenly, but it leaves your skin feeling refreshed, clean, smooth and clear.

The night I first tried this soap out I could feel I had a cyst forming in my hairline, but it was in it's beginning stages (you know when it hurts to touch and becomes swollen). Well, I woke up the next morning and it was GONE.

So far this soap has helped my skin immensely. I use Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil and water as a toner in my daily routine as well as Aloe Vera as a moisturizer.

I hope this works for you as well it's helped me.

peace~

Reviewed on November 6, 2012

It's worth it! I'm very skeptical with trying out new things, especially face soap but African Black soap does the trick for me. I use the Nubian brand, but almost any is just as good as the other. I can stress enough how much this helped my skin out.

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

I used the Dudu Osun black soap. I have been on Accutane 3 times and the acne alway came back worse. This soap cleared my skin within about 2 weeks. The bumps are gone but I still have some hyperpigmentation, but those spots are lightening as well. The first time I used this soap a few years back, I experienced burns/scars because I used hot water and scrubbed with a wash cloth. This time, I gently washed with warm water, let it sit on my face for about three minutes, then rinse with water. I am happy with the results and would recommend giving this soap a try, but RESIST THE URGE TO SCRUB! The soap is powerful enough by itself.

Reviewed on October 23, 2012

I love African Black Soap. I use the brand by Nubian Heritage. I have the bar soap, liquid soap and body lotion. I gave this a try on a whim after reading very positive reviews online. Since the price is cheap, I figured I wouldn't be out much $$ if it didn't work. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. I have fairly light acne on the forehead, chin and jawline. Once in awhile, I get the occasional hormonal cyst on the chin. This soap cleared up my skin almost immediately. It did not make my skin red and keeps the oil at bay. I use it day and night. My routine: glycolic cleanser mixed with African black soap (cleansed with Clarisonic Mia); light layer of Zapzyt on T-Zone; African black soap lotion to moisturize. I've had the best skin ever. Highly recommend!