Page 2 of African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 38 reviews

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 04/23/2014 21:01 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 04/23/2014 21:01 UTC

Reviewed on February 4, 2013

I would definitely recommend this to anyone suffering from minor break outs or those who just want a glowing complexion. It made my skin a little more even but I have moderately severe acne so it didn't clear me up completely. I would definitely say give this a try if you have minor break outs. As a bonus, it's a great make up remover! Don't overuse as it is a strong soap. I have very sensitive skin and using it once a day didn't cause any negative skin reactions. Give it a shot!

Reviewed on January 18, 2013

This soap is superb! I've got the perfect process on how to use this soap. I learned this from my grandmother who used this as a child growing up in Germany and she said it cleared everyone's acne back then. Anyway wash face in circular motions with lather for 30 seconds, then let it sit on for 30 to 60 seconds more. After shower or wash let your face air dry, when dry, your face will feel frozen so then take witch hazel and apply with a cotton ball. The WH closes & soothes your pores instantly.

Reviewed on November 19, 2012

I have sensitive combination skin with light/moderate acne on my face. Mainly I have little bumps and an underground pimple on my chin or forehead. This soap works wonders.

A big mistake I've made when trying to fix my skin is I tend to purchase cleansers and treatments that dry up my skin, hoping to dry up the pimples underneath. However, it just doesn't work.

I use Nubian Black Soap. Their recipe contains palm ash, plantain peel extract, tamarind extract and papaya enzymes. Not only does it smell heavenly, but it leaves your skin feeling refreshed, clean, smooth and clear.

The night I first tried this soap out I could feel I had a cyst forming in my hairline, but it was in it's beginning stages (you know when it hurts to touch and becomes swollen). Well, I woke up the next morning and it was GONE.

So far this soap has helped my skin immensely. I use Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil and water as a toner in my daily routine as well as Aloe Vera as a moisturizer.

I hope this works for you as well it's helped me.

peace~

Reviewed on November 6, 2012

It's worth it! I'm very skeptical with trying out new things, especially face soap but African Black soap does the trick for me. I use the Nubian brand, but almost any is just as good as the other. I can stress enough how much this helped my skin out.

Reviewed on October 29, 2012

I used the Dudu Osun black soap. I have been on Accutane 3 times and the acne alway came back worse. This soap cleared my skin within about 2 weeks. The bumps are gone but I still have some hyperpigmentation, but those spots are lightening as well. The first time I used this soap a few years back, I experienced burns/scars because I used hot water and scrubbed with a wash cloth. This time, I gently washed with warm water, let it sit on my face for about three minutes, then rinse with water. I am happy with the results and would recommend giving this soap a try, but RESIST THE URGE TO SCRUB! The soap is powerful enough by itself.

Reviewed on October 23, 2012

I love African Black Soap. I use the brand by Nubian Heritage. I have the bar soap, liquid soap and body lotion. I gave this a try on a whim after reading very positive reviews online. Since the price is cheap, I figured I wouldn't be out much $$ if it didn't work. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. I have fairly light acne on the forehead, chin and jawline. Once in awhile, I get the occasional hormonal cyst on the chin. This soap cleared up my skin almost immediately. It did not make my skin red and keeps the oil at bay. I use it day and night. My routine: glycolic cleanser mixed with African black soap (cleansed with Clarisonic Mia); light layer of Zapzyt on T-Zone; African black soap lotion to moisturize. I've had the best skin ever. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on August 28, 2012

I am 26 and have had moderately sever acne since my early twenties. Adult acne is not fun! I have tried everything (numerous antibiotics, and topicals, even drug store acne products) I no longer have health insurance so prescription medications are no longer available to me, and as soon as I stop my medications my acne returns. I was recommended the Dudu Osun bar soap by a client who had the most amazing skin I had ever seen (no joke!) I have been using the soap for only 2 weeks and have seen immediate results. My acne cleared super fast, my pores appear to be smaller, my acne scars have diminished, my skin feels super clean after washing my face, and my skin is glowing! It is now the only thing (other than moisturizer) that I use on my face. I really really recommend this soap to anyone suffering from acne and oily skin. Its a miracle!

Reviewed on August 1, 2012

I've had acne since I can remember. It runs in my family. It started getting really bad this past winter and I tried everything. I had cysts along my jaw line,tiny bumbs all over my cheeks, and white heads that were clustering my chin. As some of them healed, I would continuously be waking up with new formations. I didn't want to leave the house or see people what so ever. I dreaded my girlfriends wanting to go out because I could feel people staring at the spots on my face. I became extremely self conscious. I started reading up on all sorts of products on acne.org and based on positive reviews I changed my entire regime. I began taking vitamins B-Complex, Zinc, Fish Oil, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A (all of which have been proven to be good for your skin in one way or another). I ordered the giant squeeze bottle of Benzoyl Peroxide off Acne.org ($15), and I went to Mother's Market to purchase the fake version of African Black Soap ($4). I didn't begin all of this at once, but slowly added products into my regime as I learned about them. After beginning to use the black soap and BP I did get some small cysts on the very outer edge of my jawline but those eventually stopped. Although I get pimples once in a while...it's only a few at a time at most and are definitely on the manageable side. I highly recommend using the internet to do some research. I found that the natural/gentle ways were much more effective than the systems you can buy for boucou bucks with supposed proven effects and celebrity endorsements.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I use Nubian Heritage African Black soap. I use it twice a day. It has sheabutter, aloe, coconut oil, vitamin e, and some other natural products. It really makes your skin smooth which is an amazing feeling, but for me, I still to need to exfoliate. I'm adding sugar in starting tonight to exfoliate. But I can say it's the best cleanser I've ever used because my skin is super sensitive to chemicals. Natural skin care is the way to go.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I was using this soap a little bit longer than a month. It's not bad, really, but I guess it's just my skin that dries after almost everything that I use. It's natural, by the way, so I wasn't afraid that it would do something bad for my skin. The components are very simple and there aren't anything that you could get allergy from (well, except if you are allergic for burnt vegetables). But after all that month I didn't see any difference in my skin. I have moderate to cystic acne, so it didn't really did anything significant.

From my point, I wouldn't recommend this to HEAL acne, but for daily basis it's cool, I guess. If you have not very sensitive skin, then it's ok to use it, you should at least try - that's all we do to cure acne. :)