African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 55 reviews

Brand: African

African Black Soap

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 06/30/2016 11:57 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 06/30/2016 11:57 UTC

GREATTTT
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I have struggled with acne for about 5 years now. My doctors have concluded that it is hormonal. I have tried birth controls, prescription meds, topical treatments, etc. I also have tried Mary Kay acne line and Clinique acne line. Everything worked for about 3 months then went right back to where it started. I heard about African black soap not too long ago and was hesitant to try it because of the "purging" stage. However, with nothing helping I desperately went and bought some and just started using it about a month ago! I got the Shea Moisture brand black soap from Ulta, as well as a Shea moisture line moisturizer. I didn't think the soap was very drying. And within the month I've been using it, my face has slowly but surely started to heal!! I hope this continues to work and I don't mind waiting for it to get better because it seems as if it's deeply cleaning my skin and pores!! The first 2 weeks my face was more broken out but that went away fast. I would recommend this to others!!

Doesn't work for Hormonal Acne.
Reviewed on June 27, 2016

I used the Shea Moisture Black Soap Bar. I personally didn't see any major results from this. My acne is hormonal, so this had no effect on the hormonal fluctuations in my skin or the breakouts caused by it. However, it did feel really nice and it made my skin feel so soft and clean. Also, contrary to what other people have said, I loved the smell - it smelled like fruity chocolate. I would get a soap dish or something if you are going to use it because it will leave black stains wherever you put it while wet (not permanent ones, it just doesn't look nice lol). I used this as a nightly cleanser. If you have a lot of non-hormonal breakouts (shout out to the boys in the back) I don't think you have anything to lose by giving this a shot.

no results . spiraling into a deeper depression
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

everyone says African black soap cleanses the skin in a rather quick method .. i am 15 and have suffered with acne since I was 9 or 10. also hyperpigmentation and discoloration. and on my right cheek I also have a dark patch of suuuuuuper tiny blackheads? or just really tiny dark bumps? sometimes I can squeeze a tiny rice grain sized oil out of it but I don't know what they we they just won't go away. I've looked for someone who can tell me what they are or relate and no one can .I've tried everything , prescribed , over the counter. I was on a round of 70 doxyclicine pills and a gel . nothing worked so I read a ton of reviews on black soap and how it works quickly effectively on acne and can even help even skin tone / fade dark spots. I've been using it for a month and a half now , twice a day once in the morning with a moisturizer at night . and I see no results . ive strayed from makeup the whole time I've used it and I've continued to use it hoping my skin slowly shows some improvement but I'm afraid this is my last option and my acne / dark spot is really starting to become a key factor in my depression.. I don't even want to go outside or hang out with friends anymore. just need a miracle like the rest of these people on forums claim these products give them.

by healthequalbeauty on 06/23/2016 16:59
Hello, I am not sure what type of African Black Soap you are using but maybe it is not pure African Black Soap. It is usually dark brown and easy to break off. We have an African Black Soap that is really working. Our son begin using it and it has cleared his face very well he is 15 too and also minimized breakouts. We are also having a 15 Days to Clearer Skin African Black Soap Challenge on our Facebook page. Our soap is only $3.00 a bar and you only break off or cut the piece that you need. It is completely natural and fragrance free. Take a look at the challenge and our website. I hope this helps. [link removed] https://[link removed]
by Charidy Trevino on 06/29/2016 21:38
Try lemon oil for your dark spots!
like it
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

trying to desperately help my dry, itchy skin. I have acne, eczema, and sensitive skin. I have always used Dove soap, but I have found that this stuff is better. It is more drying in the sense that I feel "squeaky clean" skin after the shower, but yet my skin feels less irritated. I just make sure to put moisturizer on immediately. It's been really nice stuff. I just bought a second bar. Not sure I would use it on my face though...I stick to my Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash for that.

plateau effect??
Reviewed on May 12, 2016

I have extremely oily skin and hyperpigmentation, so when I heard about African black soap I thought it would be a miracle. So I bought a huge block of it from Amazon (it was cheaper that way) and I've been cutting it into small pieces to bring into the shower to use once a day. When I first started using it, I felt like the oil was being sucked out of my skin (in a good way), but I saw some improvement in my acne very quickly (I have moderate acne mostly on my forehead in the form of whiteheads and occasionally cysts). However, I've been using this for a few months now and I don't feel like I'm getting the same results as I was before. I'm still breaking out as much as before I started using the soap, so I'm not really sure what's wrong. I've been storing it in a small container and taking it out in the shower, so what I'm thinking is that the steam might be affecting the potency of the soap? (Does anyone have an answer or idea about this?)

With that said, it still works as good as any other Neutrogena / Clean & Clear / etc. cleanser I've ever used when it comes to making sure Armageddon doesn't break out on my skin. I've also noticed that I tend to produce much less oil than I have in the past, which is amazing because I've lived most of my life with a consistently shiny T-zone and now it's more of a slight sheen and far more manageable than it has been in the past.

good
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

African black soap is amazing. when I started using the soap my skin seemed to be getting a little dry around my blemishes, then as they cleared up this was no longer a problem and my skin looked great.

I follow up with a good moisturizer, usually almond oil or raw shea butter, on both face and body.

Works!
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

It's a bit drying at first because it is soap but this works for for acne and acne scars. Although it may be a bit slow because it's a natural method.

The perfect natural option
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

(I don't use the brand pictured above)

Obsessed with African black soap!! Makes me feel soooooo clean and happy that its chemical free!! I've always LOVED my cetaphil and had a hard time giving it up but African black soap finally allowed me to make the switch to natural products! Can't say that it's cleared my blackheads or anything though but hey it hasn't broken me out

PURE BLACK AFRICAN SOAP NOT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on December 16, 2015

This soap is not pure black soap. I use the pure black soap and my skin has cleared without a doubt. I used these store bought kind on and off and yes they worked just a tad bit but im talking a whole 360 No… you will only get that from pue African black soap. I started having hormonal acne badly just this year I felt so ashamed of my skin and benzoyl peroxide would no longer work I took to black soap. Not the store bought kind the organic pure black soap that you can’t just pick up in stores. I use it day and night some days once a day substituting with oatmeal soap or Aloe Vera soap all pure a natural and at night after washing my face I use bio oil to even my skin and remove blemishes. I never write reviews but I swear by this. You will not be disappointed. Try detoxing also. Yogi brand teas have a skin detox that works miracles in addition to this. Good luck. Check out this website also to help you with your needs you will not regret it (dhealthstore)

by Sam55 on 06/27/2016 05:08
May I ask where u bought ur soap from ?
FIRST REVIEW EVER!
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

I have never written a review on ANY product, ever. The results I have experienced are worth bragging about and with acne being such a personal struggle, I really hope this review will help with yours.

my first step was throwing out all my chemically charged acne face washes. I had been loyal to a product that helped maintain bad acne (cystic sometimes) from completely spiralling out of control but never made my face clear by any means.

I knew I had to find something different, or atleast start experimenting with different approaches.... so the research began...

I started with all raw organic honey masks.. day and night for about two weeks.. I would leave it on as long as I could..it helped a lot with the redness and pimples I couldn't help but pop. I knew that I needed to have a second defense though. While researching and reading reviews, I saw people posting about "Black African soap" as well as "Apple cider vinegar"

I liked that these were all natural products, free from chemicals. I saw great reviews (some bad) but I figured as a last resort, I had nothing really to lose.

I wash my face in the morning and at night with warm water, after I apply all natural organic Apple cider vinegar with a cotton swab. (IT DOES NOT SMELL GOOD BUT BE A TROOPER!) Normally I apply my moisturizer immediately after and it helps dilute the smell.. It's been about a month and a half now and no product has EVER given me these results, not even proactive. I haven't had skin this clear since I was 16 (when th is all began) and I'm 24 now.... it's been a long road.

The first week or two I did notice blemishes in areas I don't usually have problems. my cheeks starting by my nose had all little tiny blemish bumps. Nothing TOO crazy. I'm a professional at cover up, lol, so I just did what I had to. I've dealt with WAY worse, as far as breakouts go and compared to products that left my skin cracking, dry, red and raw...this was no big deal.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT (in combination with Apple cider vinegar) and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND giving it a fair shot. get through the first two weeks of damage control and you will be on a great recovery path!

good luck!

by Bri1234 on 08/02/2015 19:16
What kind of African black soap is it?