African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 38 reviews

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 04/23/2014 21:01 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 04/23/2014 21:01 UTC

The best decision I ever made
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

I created an account just to rave about how much this product has helped my skin. I've gone through so many products trying to help my skin. My whole seventeen years of life i've had somewhat clear skin, but this past year i became a pizza. A literal pizza, i probably had sauce dripping down my face an grease. Not really, I just got REALLY BAD. and i had tried proactiv which used to work for me, but i guess the product called it quits with my face. I have a photoshoot coming up and this was my last chance to get clear skin before then. It's working! It's amazing and everytime i pass a mirror without makeup my self confidence actually spikes for once! I'll post updates in a week if its gotten better on this review as comments! I would suggest this product to anyone suffering from acne.

I actually Enjoy it
Reviewed on May 30, 2013

I have plaque psoriasis. I was looking everywhere for a treatment that I wasn't also allergic to. Everything I found made me break out in Severe hives. When I found the black soap, it was not processed, just scooped out of this huge wooden bowl and put into a little plastic jar. This was the only product- USED WITH NATURAL SHEA BUTTER- that did not give me a bad reaction. The directions I was given was to add water to the mixture to soften, apply to washcloth or scrubbie, and scrub affected area and rinse very well. I bought this from The Old Drugstore in DownTown St. Augustine, hence the price.

Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I used real african black soap imported from Ghana so that might be the reason it broke me out. Commercial black soaps aren't usually black soap at all. People said there was a purging period, but I personally don't believe in "purging" and the day I stopped using it I saw a significant decrease in pimples.

Reviewed on April 8, 2013

Ive been using it alongside Quinoderm (5%BP + lactic acid combo) and its perfect for removing the layer of dead, flaky dry skin. This review is for the Ghana variety of ABS, I have tried the Nigerian (dudu osun) and I wouldnt reccomend it when using BP etc as its a lot harsher and stings my skin.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

I have hormonal acne, so it could just be that I need a more internal solution....wish I could use this for the dry skin aspect, but can't because it's aggravating to my acne.

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

I used akoma black soap from ghana.100% natural.i use it morning and evening and it really has helped clear my acne (severe) I soap the bar in my hands and then apply to face..remove with warm face clothe then splash with water.leaves face soft and clear but a tad dry.has cleared my face almost entirely! I dnt wash over my eyes with it as I found it stung alot.also I was told u could wash hair with it...DONT! Left it awful.but for face its fantastic! :))

Reviewed on March 11, 2013

My acne is comedonal with a few inflamed zits. I've tried it all, some products didn't work at all, some worked for a while but then became ineffective. Well this is the best product ever!! In one month my skin has smoothed out. I hardly get any zits and the occasional ones I get don't get inflamed. My huge pores have become smaller and overall it's evening out my skin tone which is plagued by hyperpigmentation. I really do recomend if you have comedonal acne!!

Reviewed on March 5, 2013

I love this soap! As a teenager, I always suffered from pretty intense cyst acne. Now in my late 20s, I still experience pretty regular breakouts, though not as bad. I've always had a heard time finding a good acne product because my skin is already very dry and most acne products dry it out even worse. I don't suffer like I did as a kid, but one thing has always been constant: breaking out bad the week before my menstrual cycle. For the first time in my life, THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN. Buy some! :)

Reviewed on February 28, 2013

I have been struggling with acne for 7 years. It is not a picnic, my acne has pitted scars and so many red marks that have been left behind. I had been using bee yummy skin food to control my acne prone skin but it only seemed to do what the over the counter products did....control the acne not get rid of it. I wanted something that would get rid of it, help fade the scars and be natural. It seemed like an impossible task but I searched on the web, youtube, makeup alley, and I came across african black soap. Now when I ordered it I was really exited. I knew exacly what it was going to look like, what it was going to do. I thought it was going to sting my skin but it didn't. It just had a really clean feel to it. I wash my entire face with it, even my eyes. It leaves my face feeling soft but after like 30 mins it starts to get this drying effect. I immediately put unrefined shea butter on it and it takes care of the dryness. I only put the shea butter on at night, so that it doesn't make my face look oily during the day. I have only been using these two products for like 5 days and I could see that some of my scars are fading. Some of my bumps are going away. I could tell that the texture of my skin is improving. A lot of peopIe have said they had a purging period but I didn't get any purge. Thank goodness because I have really sensitive skin that reacts to anything and everything. I really hope that it keeps working, so far I really think it's the only thing that has helped me in about 7 years. My skin is still not 100% clear and my marks are still there but like I said it's only been 5 days. I will update to let you guys know if the acne, red marks and pitted scars are less noticable. Thank you coastal scents for making such a wonderful product it has been a long journey and I hope this is my holy grail! I got mine from coastal scents and the unrefined shea butter to use as moisturizer.

Reviewed on February 6, 2013

I am having a job interview in a couple of days and of course I had a severe outbreak on my forehead and chin. I needed something that would work fast. I did some research and read a lot of positive reviews on African Black Soap. I didn't get actual Black Soap, I got Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap at Walgreens. I have noticed a dramatic change in just a few days in my skin. All my acne is gone and all I have left is red spots that are fading! Great soap but you must moisturize after.