African Black Soap reviews

4.3/5 - 48 reviews

Brand: African

African Black Soap

African Black Soap (Base), Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Plantain Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Vegetable Glycerin, Mineral Pigment, Vegetable Color, Essential Oil Blend.

Nubian Heritage African Black Soap, with Oats, Aloe & Vitamin E, 5 oz
updated: 05/04/2016 23:20 UTC
Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 04/02/2016 06:59 UTC

The perfect natural option
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

(I don't use the brand pictured above)

Obsessed with African black soap!! Makes me feel soooooo clean and happy that its chemical free!! I've always LOVED my cetaphil and had a hard time giving it up but African black soap finally allowed me to make the switch to natural products! Can't say that it's cleared my blackheads or anything though but hey it hasn't broken me out

PURE BLACK AFRICAN SOAP NOT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on December 16, 2015

This soap is not pure black soap. I use the pure black soap and my skin has cleared without a doubt. I used these store bought kind on and off and yes they worked just a tad bit but im talking a whole 360 No… you will only get that from pue African black soap. I started having hormonal acne badly just this year I felt so ashamed of my skin and benzoyl peroxide would no longer work I took to black soap. Not the store bought kind the organic pure black soap that you can’t just pick up in stores. I use it day and night some days once a day substituting with oatmeal soap or Aloe Vera soap all pure a natural and at night after washing my face I use bio oil to even my skin and remove blemishes. I never write reviews but I swear by this. You will not be disappointed. Try detoxing also. Yogi brand teas have a skin detox that works miracles in addition to this. Good luck. Check out this website also to help you with your needs you will not regret it (dhealthstore)

FIRST REVIEW EVER!
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

I have never written a review on ANY product, ever. The results I have experienced are worth bragging about and with acne being such a personal struggle, I really hope this review will help with yours.

my first step was throwing out all my chemically charged acne face washes. I had been loyal to a product that helped maintain bad acne (cystic sometimes) from completely spiralling out of control but never made my face clear by any means.

I knew I had to find something different, or atleast start experimenting with different approaches.... so the research began...

I started with all raw organic honey masks.. day and night for about two weeks.. I would leave it on as long as I could..it helped a lot with the redness and pimples I couldn't help but pop. I knew that I needed to have a second defense though. While researching and reading reviews, I saw people posting about "Black African soap" as well as "Apple cider vinegar"

I liked that these were all natural products, free from chemicals. I saw great reviews (some bad) but I figured as a last resort, I had nothing really to lose.

I wash my face in the morning and at night with warm water, after I apply all natural organic Apple cider vinegar with a cotton swab. (IT DOES NOT SMELL GOOD BUT BE A TROOPER!) Normally I apply my moisturizer immediately after and it helps dilute the smell.. It's been about a month and a half now and no product has EVER given me these results, not even proactive. I haven't had skin this clear since I was 16 (when th is all began) and I'm 24 now.... it's been a long road.

The first week or two I did notice blemishes in areas I don't usually have problems. my cheeks starting by my nose had all little tiny blemish bumps. Nothing TOO crazy. I'm a professional at cover up, lol, so I just did what I had to. I've dealt with WAY worse, as far as breakouts go and compared to products that left my skin cracking, dry, red and raw...this was no big deal.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT (in combination with Apple cider vinegar) and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND giving it a fair shot. get through the first two weeks of damage control and you will be on a great recovery path!

good luck!

by Bri1234 on 08/02/2015 19:16
What kind of African black soap is it?
I will use this for the rest of my life!
Reviewed on May 25, 2015

This soap is everything. I've used it for 3 years after trying it when my face broke out at 30 years old with hormonal acne. The worst. But this black soap cleared my skin tremendously. I stopped using this soap recently bc my skin was getting dry. I tried the oil cleansing method and that was the worst idea ever. I started breaking out with one or two pimples and then it just got worse and worse. It was bad for about 4 months until I broke down and went to the dermatologist. She gave me Clindamycin and it definitely helped. But I give most of the credit to the soap bc I started using it again with the prescription and I remember how it cleared my skin in the past. This soap can be drying so I sometimes use a little rosehip oil when I use it. I order my soap from Amazon. I prefer raw African black soap over commercial brands you can buy in the store.

It has cleared my skin COMPLETELY (Not even a joke)
Reviewed on April 20, 2015

This soap has completely cleared my skin. I haven't broken out in three months. I mean, I did have one or two pimples over the last three months but they disappeared within two days. Make sure that you buy the bar soap that comes in a plastic transparent bad and the soap itself has to be brownish (if it's black, then it's most likely fake). Buy a good moisturizer with SPF that won't clog your pores and DO NOT use shea butter because it'll break you out like crazy. STAY AWAY FROM SHEA BUTTER!!!

My skincare routine:

I use the soap twice a day

I exfoliate my face with the St Ives apricot scrub once or twice a week

I mix lemon with raw honey and leave it on face as a mask for at least 15 minutes once or twice a week (it helps with acne, scars and blemishes)

You can use any moisturizer that works best for your skin. I personally use the L'oreal Ative Hydrafresh that I've used for over a month now, it hasn't broken me out.

Give the African Black soap a try, it costs less than $5 and works wonders!

by lvnagwen on 05/04/2015 20:09
Which brand of black soap do u use?? Ive been using one called dudu osun for about 2 weeks and have seen no difference
by lvnagwen on 05/04/2015 20:30
by Kody12 on 05/25/2015 08:15
Love read good reviews on that brand. But you should try raw African black soap. You can order it from Amazon. I would recommend ordering from the seller Plant Guru
by kateee on 07/06/2015 22:08
what brand?!?!?!?!?
by pepe23 on 08/06/2015 06:05
what brand??
Amazing
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

I freaking love African black soap. It cleans your skin like no other and makes it so soft. It has helped my acne and allowed me to stop taking medicine from my dermatologist and using retin-a cream. All i do is use a charcoal sugar scrub to exfoliate and remove most of my makeup then use this and wa-la! My skin is squeaky clean. I have only had a couple of pimples since I started using this and I used to have a bunch! I use this on my whole body because it makes your skin feel AMAZING. If I had to say ONE thing wrong it's the creepy black residue it leaves, but all soap leaves residue! Overall I love it and I love the smell.

Nubian heritage black soap
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

If used inappropriately it CAN be harsh for skin. I wash my face for only 30 seconds and let my skin air dry. After drying my face feels taught and I feel that once a day is good enough to not over dry, allowing me not to but lotion on. I put no chemicals on my face what's so ever because of this new belief I have which is called the caveman regimen on [the love vitamin . com], check it out. It has helped my skin self regulate tremendously beside the black soap. Marks faded and acne reducing.

Shea butter (brand)African black bar
Reviewed on October 12, 2014

This soap works wonders! I purchased this soap at Walgreens for under 5 dollars :) My face is extremely oily so needless to say I have cystic acne. I have battled acne since 2004 and have completed three rounds of accutane (2004,2008,2013). I've tried numerous face washes I.e. glycolix, obagi system, cerave AM...just to name a few) and with that being said, I haven't had long lasting results :( So far so good! Bc of the retinols I use, my skin tone is uneven...for whatever reason my acne scars have lightened up! This soap brings out the pimples almost over night...then it flattens out and flakes off(very strange lol). If you have battled acne like myself, I think this is worth a try. Good luck! Xoxo

drying at first but please stick with it!!
Reviewed on May 4, 2014

I purchased this product about 2 and a half weeks ago. I was suffering through a moderate outbreak of eczema at the time (due to some makeup remover wipes that were too harsh to my sensitive skin). I had read that black soap was good for eczema as well as acne so I tried it out. Yes it was very drying for the first two weeks. I cant say if it helped with my eczema. I used the olive oil and sugar scrub and coconut oil as a moisturizer to get rid of my eczema (which worked very very well!). I think it would work but only if your skin is already used to it, if it is not it will be drying the first couple of weeks and may make it worse. Anyways after it went away I started using the black soap twice a day instead of once and today I looked in the mirror and thought wow!!! it flattens acne bumps and popped pimples like nobody's business. I popped a biggie today (I know I know, shame on me...), washed my face with the soap, and then bam, an hour later it's flat and crusty like when you have a healing popped pimple. I don't recommend popping pimples as it does leave a red mark. that leads me to my next point however. I found that the soap is evening out my skin tone and lightening my acne scars!

I definitely recommend this, however be ware that while it does eliminate your pimples vastly, the first few weeks it will be drying your skin and when your skin is over dry more oil is produced, and thus, more acne. So moisturize!

by Jefferson Gorge on 05/18/2015 04:27
Coconut oil clogs your pores!!!
Shea Moisture (Brand) - African Black Soap
Reviewed on April 28, 2014

Keeps skin feeling fresh, clean, and tight - not dry and stripped. It's an easy to find, low cost product. I've tried everything from Cetaphil, to prescriptions and ProActiv. African black soap is the first step to my skin care routine.

(Acne.org Treatment being the second step.)