Overall rating: 4.2 / 5

Average price: $7.91

Brand: Adult Acnomel

Most helpful review

By Taylor, Ottawa, ON on 03/25/2012

I'm singing it's praise from the rooftops. Try it, seriously..

Pros:
  • AMAZING. I have cystic acne, and it cleared it right up. I've never had such a pleasant reaction to acne cream before. I like that its made for people 25+, becauseI've read BP is not good for adult skin. I've tried everything, even Accutane and other prescriptions, but works faster and doesn't leave me with other side effects.
Cons:
  • None. I had to look in the pharmacy part of Walmart, not the regular skin care but still easy to find.

19 out of 28 people found this review helpful

Resorcinol (2%), Sulfur (8%).

Alcohol (15% (w/w)), Bentonite (CI 77004), Carbopol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Octoxynol 9, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Water.

Acnomel Adult Acne Medication, 1 oz
updated: 04/16/2014 10:55 UTC
Acnomel Adult Acne Medication Cream - 1.3 Oz
updated: 04/16/2014 10:55 UTC

Member reviews

“Best acne medicine ever !!”
By on

I have alternatiely used benzol peroxide or salacytic acid all my life for acne and have never had the success I have had over the last few months with using acnomel. I wish I would have discovered this a very long time ago !! Works great on the cystic acne, which I have really had issues with in my later years. Awesome !!

By on

Acnomel is a great spot treatment. Definitely one of my favorites

Pros

• Definitely helped hit the acne spots
  • Easy to use
  • Only use at night

Cons

• dried out the area a little but was effective
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I wish I found this earlier but happy I have it now :)

Pros

• So far I've had great results. Only about two new pimples since using it and that went away pretty fast. Skin is finally going back to normal.

Cons

• Can look gritty on skin, and may cause slight peeling...but nothing bad.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have suffered from acne since I was 13 (i'm now 22) and I have never found anything that helped me before this, including prescription medication. I have acne on my face as well as my back and this is the first summer in a long time I have been comfortable wearing tank tops instead of trying to hide my back. I've never written a review in my life-that's how great this product is!

Pros

• Clears skin
  • Cheap
  • Doesn't dry skin

Cons

• Small tube
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the best acne product I've ever found. I use it as a spot treatment - or occasionally over a larger area if I feel like I need it - with my daily regimen (mild cleanser, rinse & dry, benzoyl peroxide, wait 5 min, oil-free moisturizer, then Acnomel on spots).

It's especially good for stopping pimples that are starting to form, before they come to a head. It doesn't work 100% of the time but it's pretty good.

I like Acnomel so much that when my local drug stores stopped carrying it, I ordered some online.

The only downside is if I have broken skin, Acnomel will irritate it, or if I have a scab it'll dry out and take longer to heal. So I only use Acnomel as a spot treatment on un-popped pimples or if I can feel a pimple coming up under the surface.

I apply just a little if I'm going to be out in public, since the matte finish and the color make it noticeable, but I apply a lot to each spot when I'm going to be at home; it seems to work better with more.

Pros

• prevents pimples from forming
  • very effective
  • opaque, may work as a concealer

Cons

• the matte "flesh" tone isn't like a lot of people's flesh
  • the smell might bother you
  • sulfur may dry your skin, I use it as spot-treatment to avoid this
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8

By on

I absolutely love sulfur products, they work beautifully on my skin. Acnomel does not dry out my skin or cause any kind of irritation. There are not enough sulfur products out on the market and when ever I see this available in stores I try to buy 2-3 at a time. It has somewhat of a thick consistency and can look quite 'cakey' if you were to wear it out during the day. A little goes along way.

Pros

• Doesn't dry out skin
  • Helps with redness/irritation
  • Tinted (can wear underneath makeup)

Cons

• Hard to find in stores (I have only been able to find it at Rite-Aid)
  • Smell
  • Small tube
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the best topical treatment that I've ever had. After suffering with cystic acne for more than 12 years, I discovered this amazing cream. Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner? This has worked better than any prescription for immediate results. LOVE IT!

Pros

• tinted
  • works fast
  • gentle on skin
  • best !!!

Cons

• hard to find (I can only find it at Rite Aid)
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is going to make me so happy to not have acne anymore at 34 since I was 13.

Pros

• I have used this creme for two days now and OMG. I can't believe my severe acne is almost all the same skin tone. No red.
  • This is great and cheap

Cons

• I actually don't mind the smell
  • moderately severe
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'm singing it's praise from the rooftops. Try it, seriously.

• for about a week
  • $ 4.5

By on

This stuff works well for zits, stopped up oil glands and most other skin problems. They talk about a bad odor, you don't eat it!

Pros

• IT WORKS!!! I was 12 years old when I first used it; now I'm 66 and still use it from time to time. It is hard to fine. I used to have the drugstore order it for me, now I find it on Ebay! YEAH !!

Cons

• It only comes in a small tube.
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.