Page 5 of Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1253 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

Worked for me
Reviewed on November 15, 2013

I've been using Differin 0.1% for a little over two months and my face is pretty much blemish free now. I'm 35 and always suffered from mild acne. I would always have a blemish or two but about three months ago my face flared up and I started getting a lot of large blemishes around my jaw line and chin.

Differin is quite a strong cream. I was lucky enough not to suffer from bad side effects accept a mild rash appeared on my neck for a while and I had slight redding around the effected area. You must wash you hands after use as you don't want to get it in your eyes! I would recommend using a good moisturiser as it can dry your skin out a little too.

It's worth trying, I'm really pleased with the results but I did have to use the cream every single night for over two months to get a spot free face, so stick with it and good luck!

"works"
Reviewed on November 4, 2013

this is a good product. i started using it about 6 months ago. i still get acne, but definitely not as bad as i would get it if i wasn't using it. I am pretty bummed that it doesn't get rid of all of it, but it does get rid of a large portion of it, and as long as you're using a good cleanser along with it.

Differin Treatment (2 Week Update)
Reviewed on October 31, 2013

I have been using 'Differin' for two weeks now. It was free as I am 15 in the UK and was prescribed it. I am using it only on a night before I go to bed and in conjunction with 'Erythromycin' 250MG tablets (4 Daily). Unlike many people I haven't had any kind of initial breakout which is a huge positive. I also haven't found that the treatment gives me any 'redness', although on a morning my skin is far more dry than it usually is. Overall, the 'Differin' has done well in stopping me from breaking out although it hasn't been particularly effective at getting rid of the spots that I already have, which are mainly concentrated in my 'T-Zone'. It is early days though and I will write a 'review update' every two weeks to keep people in the loop on my progress!

Differin works
Reviewed on October 23, 2013

I've been suffering with acne for over 10 years. I've tried antibiotics, went gluten and dairy free, tried tons of topical ointments and have visited many different dermatologists but nothing has worked to permanently keep my skin clear. My skin problems have changed over the years, I think sometimes it was hormone related and other times my cystic acne just took over and destroyed my face. I had been mixing Differin and benzoyl peroxide together because my insurance didn't cover Epiduo. One day I decided not to use the benzoyl peroxide and BOOM my existing pimples went away and no new ones have come back! I have read that benzoyl peroxide can actually make peoples acne worse because it can be too harsh. I'm hoping its using the Differin on its on that is making my skin better finally! I use Cetaphil cream on my face morning and night because Differin does dry out your skin. If you haven't tried the Cetaphil cream I highly recommend it, strangely enough Cetaphil's moisturizer irritated my skin but the cream is gentle and works wonders.

itchhhhhhhhh
Reviewed on October 22, 2013

it leaves your face red & itchy (it burns like hell) & it makes your hyperpigmentation worse

This product is amazing for my adult acne
Reviewed on October 18, 2013

I am 27 years old and have dealt with acne since my early teens. I remember using this product when I was 16 or 17 and not being super impressed. As I got older my acne moved from being on my face to my neck, chest, and back. I tried tons of products like retin a and finacea, to name a few, and nothing could get rid of it. My doctor prescribed differin cream .01 and I was skeptical at first having used it before. Within one week my back acne had significantly diminished and scarring was fading. I've been using it a month now and I am astonished by the results- my acne is almost completely gone! And trust me, I had terribly acne on my back. I am so happy I finally found something that works for me!

Oil Slick
Reviewed on September 25, 2013

I've been using Differin now for almost 3 months. The first two weeks were horrible, I had red, itchy, painful, dry skin- so painful i couldn't even wear makeup over it, and there was a purging phase so my acne did get worse within the first month, luckily it was summer and I didnt really have anywhere to be. Once my skin adapted to it, the texture of my skin has improved vastly, i've had friends feel my face and tell me its literally baby's butt smooth so all my little bumps are gone however i still get 1 or 2 pimples once in a while. In terms of hyperpigmentation it didn't give me amazing results like I thought it would however my scars are lighter- still can't decide if thats from it being 3 months later or the product. The product does make your face lighter than your body because of increased cell turnover- i really like this, it makes me look really refreshed in the mornings. The reason i haven't given this product 5 stars is because my face is literally an OIL SLICK now, i had oily skin before and initially this did dry me out but now my skin gets extremely oily within an hour of washing and nothing topical is helping control it- primer, powder, mattifying makeup or moisturizer :( i contacted my dermatologist about this issue and she couldn't really help me out since it's apparently an uncommon side effect (Not according to the internet) but she did say it was the second time she'd heard that today. I was perscribed this in conjunction with Benzoyl Peroxide which I didnt need to use since this did control my acne, but i might start Dans BP regimen to see if it helps with oil- other than that i've been seriously considering accutane. All in all this product works slowly but surely, i'd DEFINITELY recommend it to those who don't have oily skin or inflammed acne because this will probably be your cure and to those weary about trying this because of bad reviews- keep in mind the people who write them usually only used them for the purging phase and gave up, if you stick with this it will work

Did not work
Reviewed on September 24, 2013

Sad to say this product did not work for me. At first i thought my acne was getting better but then things took a turn for the worst and my acne flared up so bad! I stayed on the product for two months but things just seemed to get worse. I quit using it and it is starting to get better.

Lifechanging
Reviewed on September 24, 2013

My acne at first was all over my forehead but mostly on my cheeks.. My dermatologist prescribed me this and I love this stuff!!! It's drying but at night I put coco butter around my mouth and around my eyes so there isn't dryness when I wake up.. This stuff is literally amazing and I love it so much! My face improves everyday and my dark spots are fading away! I know it's hard but just be patient an remember that although you have acne it will eventually go away and you are still beautiful/handsomeā¤

I sort of recommend.
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

I used Differin twice in my life. The first time was in high school when Differin still came in little swabs (like wet wipes) that you put over your face. It dried my face out but seemed to work. Since those days it's now a liquid form in a tube. I have to admit it works but takes around 12 weeks to do so. I think for me it took about 16. I got better results from Finacea, so perhaps it just depends on how your skin reacts.