Page 3 of Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1313 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

gave up
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

i used this product about 7weeks as my doc recommended me this but i didnt see any result at all

not for me
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

it worked in the beginning but after that it did nothing for my acne and dried out my skin so i dont thing it works for me

Not a Fast result Product
Reviewed on January 20, 2016

I've been using differin for about 6 months now. This is my second trial of differin because I quit the a year before after about 2 months. Differin is literally a skin renewal product. Your skin will flake and it will burn a little and you might break out for the first month or so while getting used to it. BUT IT WORKS! The problem that most people have is dealing with the flaky skin, so they compensate with lotion or terrible choice of moisturizers after. Or for some people nothing after. Differin sucks the oil and kills a small layer of skin, so your skin compensates and produces too much oil but if you moisturize then it is more regulated. I found that differin has the best results when coupled with a oil free moisturizer in the morning. What I did was wash my face with Noexema at night, put a THIN film of differin on the problem areas, let it dry then went to bed. In the morning, I woke up washed my face again, then put UP and Up Dual Moisturizer Oil free, and went about my day. Repeat everyday. but only use differen every 2 days, switching to a moisturizer at night to give your face a break.

Another important thing is that since your skin is flaking dead skin, you need to EXFOLIATE each week, with a gentle face sponge. However, if you have severe bumps DO NOT scrub them raw this will only make things worse. If you have white heads, use a sterile needle puncture a hole then gentle nudge some of the pus out and then put differin on it. It will crust the acne up and be gone in a few days. Hope this helps. I went from cluster bumps on my cheeks and forhead to fading brown scars and smoother skin. It is just a balancing act so don't give up so easily and MOISTURIZE for goodness sakes!

Hopeful
Reviewed on January 19, 2016

Before using Differin, I broke out mostly on my cheeks and all along my hair line with huge zits. After a week or two of using it, it was pushing the gross stuff out of my pores easier. Like, a lot easier. Now, it's been a month or so since I started using it and my skin has been purging a lot. I no longer break out along my hairline like I did. Though there are tons and tons of acne scars, my breakouts are smaller and go away faster. The thing that I hate though are whiteheads! I guess they're my skin purging? I have never really had them before. So potentially be prepared. My dermatologist told me to apply it every single night and if it isn't working so much in March, to call her and she would give me a higher dosage, which I am guessing is Differin (0.3%). I know it takes retinoids a while to work, but I don't think anyone is super patient when it comes to having bad skin.

3 months nothing happened
Reviewed on January 8, 2016

I started using differin on the first of October, so the first two months were so bad! I was breaking out like crazy all over my face. But after i saw some reviews i decided to continue using it. Which didnt work at all. And i want to know should i continue using it or no?

P.S I've used bp retin A and many more.

Literally the Worst Ever
Reviewed on January 5, 2016

have acne-prone combination/oily skin; however, it has always been fairly manageable and hormonally aggravated. I went to my dermatologist to find a solution just so I wouldn't have to deal with the annoying flare-ups at college next year. She gave me this Adapalene gel. After 6 weeks of use, my skin went from purging, to dry and flaky (but clear-ish), to purging and angry again. I had to stop using it, it just made my skin worse and worse! A month later, I thought to myself, "Maybe I was using it wrong the whole time" or something along those lines. I took it out of the back of my drawer and started using it on active blemishes only at night. Turns out, my skin took a dive for the worse and I ended up throwing away the tube of this terrible product. I started with mild, manageable acne, but now face angry, red, flaky, dry, pimply, irritated skin. So thanks, Adapalene.

Still breaking out-updated version
Reviewed on October 10, 2015

Update on 26th Dec:

It's almost been 6 months since I used this product. I would say it makes my skin more smooth and the new pimples are much smaller and go away fast. However, it somehow makes my skin red very easily and the hyper-pigmentation keeps emerging...

I figure out that my acne is most likely hormonal, so I plan on going birth control. I still use this product (but with very little amount) whenever a few spots appear, as it definitely helps them go away faster. I also eliminate dairy and minimize my sugar and meat intake since August, but the effect is very insignificant.

Overall I would say it's an okay product. if your acne is caused by bacteria or something, then this might be a good solution. But if you still break out after 6 months, most likely it's caused by other factors. Nevertheless, be gentle to your skin and a good combination of healthy diet and low stress level never hurts.

Previous review on October:

Okay so I am on my 10th week, while it definitely makes my skin smooth, overall this product still makes me break out like crazy.....though

the new pimples are small and go away faster. Also it makes my skin very sensitive to the sunlight.

I will update my review after 2-4 weeks. I would give it a full 6 month to see if it works for me. Red marks suck

Not entirely impressed
Reviewed on December 15, 2015

I started using this ointment after my dermatologist recommended it to me. I started having mild acne in the sixth grade but it just got worse as the years went on. The one thing I can say about this product is it takes ALOT of time and patience. I was using benzoyl peroxide beford using Differin but it didn't seem to work. When I started using Differin I was so fustrated because I wasnt seeing a difference at all. It got to the point where 5 months passed and still nothing was happening. I would put this cream on before I went to bed and still wake up with MORE pimples than the amount I went to bed with. To this day I've been using it for about a year and half and only see slight progress. I think it damaged my skin rather than helping it. I less acne but now im suffering but REALLY dry skin because of this cream. So I WOULD NOT reccomend this product. P.s another thing, do not go out in the sun if you are using this product. You will get extremely painful, bright red sunburns! Ouch....I have alot of exprience with them :/

by Chloe123 on 12/18/2015 12:15
Once stopped, did your acne get worse or better?
This will either make your acne worse or better.
Reviewed on December 11, 2015

Before you purchase this, be ready for a roller coaster. Your skin will be terribly flaky, dry, sunburnt, sensitive and you will get double the amount of acne you have now during the first 3 MONTHS. You have to be patient with this, and should be able to get through the initial breakout.

I used this ointment a couple of months ago, and unfortunately it created scars and my skin got so bad i completely threw this out. However, i am willing to give this another try and have been using this slowly for the past month. I am hoping this time if i ease into it, my skin wont be like last time.

Theres a 50/50 chance with this. This will either completely clear your skin after 6 months, or make it worse.

this doesn't work for me
Reviewed on November 26, 2015

I used this for 3 months and I didn't saw any progress.