Page 2 of Differin Adapalene (0.1%) Gel reviews

3.3/5 - 1269 reviews

Brand: Differin

Adapalene (0.1%).

Carbomer 940, edetate disodium, methylparaben, poloxamer 182, propylene glycol, purified water and sodium hydroxide.

Good product, but you have to be patient
Reviewed on August 24, 2014

Differin or adapaleno is a good product, but You have to be patient, and persistent if you wanna see change. Don't give up and continue using this product if you are in the 3rd month, because is when this product begins to work. I have 8 month using adapaleno and clindamicin and mi face is much better, My acne was moderate, and now I just have a few blackheads. I'm so happy now :D, and remember you are beatifull in your way. Ah! Sorry for my english, I just speak a little bit.

Pointless
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

I honestly do not know why I was prescribed this medication; it literally did nothing for my acne; made my acne worse. Caused more blackheads/clogged pores.

Not sure
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

I'm 24 have had acne on and off since a teenager trying lots of different creams anti-biotics... Last years before Christmas I had an extremely bad break out of acne over my face, chest and back after trying a a couple of different treatments eventually i found the antibiotic Oxytetracyline after about 3 months if being on it my skin cleared I am still carrying it on in fear it will come back.

In this time I went to a dermatologist and this is when she recommended differin adapaline to carry on long time during and after my antibiotic course. The problem is I have tried a couple of times to start this product out the longest I have lasted is about a week as my skin seemed to get flaky and try break out even more... Is it worth me sticking it out through this.

Also I do used sun beds every other week or so and I will struggle to give this up, help?

by 30roq on 08/17/2014 02:52
It works awesome for me but I use it in combination with Estée Lauder day wear SPF 15. You really should not be exposing your face to sun unprotected on this stuff. Makes your skin super photo sensitive and can cause acne to worsen due to your skins natural defense of secreting oil when it thinks it is irritated/dry
by valerieisastar on 08/17/2014 20:40
It does work. I had the same problem. My face hurt, broke out, and was flaky. I looked like a snake shedding its skin. I found that a "ultra gentle hydration cleanser" from Neutrogena and a "oil free moisture for sensitive skin" from Neutrogena soothed my skin and really quickly moisture my skin. Use both of these products daily morning and night you will see a difference! So when adding differin into the routine at night you wash your face, apply differin wait for that to dry, then put the lotion on over the differin. This combination really works better then any other I have tried. I can not stress that enough! It has made my skin soft, and less irritated, and no longer flakes. Its so hydrated now and it doesn't interfere with differin. Hope this works! Wish some one would have told me about this routine alot sooner!
Wonderful
Reviewed on August 14, 2014

I'm not one for writing reviews so bare with me; this might be long. I have suffered with acne since the end of my freshman year of high school. I went to the derm. right away because I did not want to go through having severe acne for years. Right away he prescribed Epiduo. That wrecked my skin and made it dry, itchy, RED, and bumpy. It was horrible. So he the prescribed Ziana. This was not aggressive enough and made my skin oily and pores huge. Next he prescribed Aczone and Solodyn (the pill). I had such high hopes and unfortunately this treatment didnt work either. I then took birth control for personal reasons and I knew people whose skin cleared up from taking it. Unfortunately this made my hormones crazy and my acne worse. By this time I was a junior in high school still struggling with mild/moderate acne and I felt like nothing would work for me. I decided that the derm. couldnt prescribe anything that would get rid of my acne so I was going to make my own treatment. I started eating better and using only organic face products. I realized that the problem was likely hormonal/genetic so i would either have to use some type of prescribed treatment or just wait it out until I grew out of my acne. I was feeling so insecure and I absolutely hated my skin. My whole high school experience was plagued with this embarrassing thing I had on my face. I felt like no one would want to talk to me because of it. Of course now I realize that acne doesn't make a person. Often times we see our flaws as much worse and if you are struggling with acne you need to understand that your acne should not control you. The summer before my senior year I made a goal for myself: clear my acne! I went to the derm and he said that Differin Adapalene would benefit my skin. So I believed him and began using that every night on my face as well as taking the pill Doxycycline. Let me tell everyone, the first month for me was very rough. I struggled a lot with even leaving the house. My acne was the worst that it ever had been but since it was summer I didn't have many obligations. The hardest part for me was not the acne itself but it was my confidence. I had zero confidence and I didn't want anyone to see me. Luckily, after that first month my acne began improving! This happened slowly. The acne marks and scars started to fade and any bumps I would get were very small and would heal quickly. I am still dealing with some scars but I am happy with the results and I truly believe that it will clear my skin all the way. Be patient with this product! Don't give up on it because if Differin is right for you it will all be worth it! Hang in there.

by 30roq on 08/17/2014 02:58
Dido that! Please please stick with this especially if your an adult like me! It took only a month and people started telling my skin looked better. Still waiting for the scars to go but it has went from extreme to mild. Again though as I have told other people moisturize is key, also use mild cleansers and wash gently!! No wash clothes
8 weeks in
Reviewed on August 10, 2014

I'm 20. My doc prescribed me Differin and Doxycycline Antibiotics for my mild acne. Well.

It's been 8 weeks and my acne has moved from mild to moderate and I have more pimples than when I started the Differin. The doc said to take it for 3 months but I doubt that it will start producing any results in the 4 weeks I have left. This has left me extremely frustrated. I really thought this would work because for the last 4 years I have been using over-the-counter products like Benzoyl Peroxide and this was the first time a doctor looked at my acne.

I feel like these last 2 months on DIfferin were a waste of time, money and effort.

by Pip98 on 08/16/2014 10:24
exactly how i'm feeling right now - my pimples have not changed - pretty much gotten worse in the 8 weeks i have been using it. My doc said 6 months for full results and i have read some people did not start to see results until 3month mark or even after that. I am upset and frustrated aswell the same as you i had a lot of positive feelings about it but i guess i will just have to wait it out.
by 30roq on 08/17/2014 02:55
Make sure to moisturize with really high quality moisturiZer!! Also if you wear makeup get the good stuff. Personally I love Estée Lauder as it is great on my adult skin. Check out daywear, has made a world of difference (FYI I have had terrible acne forever and it is the first thing to actually work and I have tried everything from proactive to antibiotics)
by 30roq on 08/17/2014 02:55
2 weeks in
Reviewed on August 2, 2014

im 22 years old. I've now been using this product for 2 weeks using it once every other day before bedtime. I first wash my face with a foaming cleanser cerave, then benzoyl peroxide, then Adapalene 0.1% gel (differin). Every day from starting this product I noticed more and more white bumps coming to the surface of my skin. Kind of happy because I figured its working, but now on my second week there's a lot of white bumps on my cheeks and want them to go away already because my birthday is in 3 days and don't want to be seen with so many white heads on my face. How long after they start coming to the surface do they actually go away? I prefer whiter bumps over red pimples but neither is better. I will stick to it of course although my skin doesn't appear to be smoother as other reviews I've read. also I don't use a moisturizer in my routine only after washing my face in the morning before stepping out as it also contains sunscreen spf30. Am I also supposed to be moisturizing after using this product as well? Well hope this is working for the rest of you, good luck everyone!

How do I get rid of my scars?
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

It's hard to be a high school student enough, but when you have acne, it makes it even worse. I've struggled with acne for almost 2 years and I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror because of it. I get so sad and upset with myself like it's my fault. I was prescribed Differin two weeks ago, and I've had a few pimples come up, but i don't see any small changes in my scars. Does this medication work for scarring?

don't give up!!!!
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

Okay so I am 22 and have been suffering from acne since about the age of 16 and it's just the worst thing ever. Personally, I think the important thing about healing your skin is to stick with a routine. If you go to a dermatologist LISTEN TO THEM and don't give up if it doesn't work right away.

So I would say I have moderate/mild acne. I went on birth control so I no longer have the ugly cysts, but I kept having just whiteheads and blackheads and I just never understood why. I went to the dermatologist after just being so ashamed to look at myself with or without makeup because let's face even if you're wearing makeup you will always see those imperfections :'( but she put me on antibiotics and differin. I was on a different type of antibiotics last year and I still got little whiteheads and blackheads all up on my face so I REALLY think it was the different that has cleared my face. I'm not saying I have 0 blemishes but my face feels like a legit babies bottom and my pores are smaller and I have gotten like TINY little zits and mostly around my period. I have only been on it for a month so I will update if anything changes but I seriously recommend this to anyone who is suffering comedonal acne! Use a really gentle cleanser- then lotion and differin and your face will feel soft and look so much better :D Also remove makeup before bed like duh that clogs your pores. I have never wrote a review before I just was really impressed with my results and really want people to not give up hope- be persistent with dermatologists! I have been suffering for about 6 years and the biggest mistake I think I made was giving up on products to easy and not listening to my dermatologist. And check every product with dermatologists- things like shampoos, face lotions, foundations, and sunscreen can seriously clog the pores- even if they say "non comodogenic"

>10 weeks, some improvements, but I want more :)
Reviewed on July 26, 2014

Sorry for my bad English. I'm 21 year-old-male. I've have acne since 16-17 but it was very mild. Unfortunately, earlier this year when I entered the age of 21, it became mild/moderate. I started using Differin in 10 or 11th May. Now after 11 weeks, my skin has some improvements. I can see my acne does not "deep" that it used to be. But my face still has some whiteheads and a fews pimples, although it is not painful to touch, small, but I watn it disaspear quickly. So i decide to use Differtin with clindamycin 100mg. :) Hope my beautiful face come back again soon :)

AWFUL
Reviewed on July 26, 2014

When i first started using this product it seemed to work miracles, but then after 3 months it stopped. My acne became much worse and the differein burned my skin AND LEFT IT SO RED. After putting up with this for a week i couldn't take it any more and i stopped using it completely. My skin sill burns whenever i put any products and i look like a lobster whenever i put on anything, even just moisturizer :(