Aczone Dapsone reviews

3.8/5 - 44 reviews

Brand: Aczone

Dapsone (5%).

USP, in a gel of carbomer homopolymer type C; diethylene glycol monoethyl ether, NF; methylparaben, NF; sodium hydroxide, NF; and purified water, USP.

Good Switch
Reviewed on December 18, 2014

I've been on this treatment for two days now. i was orginaly on duac but now that my derm has me on doxy, i needed an alternative. normally acne creams will burn a bit or something but this doesnt at all. i'm hopeful this will keep my clear after im done with the round fo doxy.

Awesome product!
Reviewed on December 16, 2014

I have struggled with acne since my junior year of highschool ( I am now 23) I had Lyme Disease and ever since I got that, my skin has been terrible. I have present acne plus acne scars all over my face, they are red dots along with black heads and pimples. I just recently have been getting laser treatments and they have actually been working. This laser I'm doing they say is just like accutane but with no side effects! I have to say its been awesome. Its called Acleara, highly recommend! While doing the laser he prescribed me to Aczone and it has lightened up my red marks and made my skin feel so smooth! I love it and am so happy I followed through with it. I also use Clinique acne bar face wash which is amazing and Buff Puff pads which I cannot live without. You can get these at Bed Bath and Beyond, I think they are $5 dollars for a big pack. I definitely would try aczone, I promise you will see a difference within a week! Plus it doesn't make you dry!

Surprized
Reviewed on December 11, 2014

I've had mild to serve acne since I was 16 years old. I'm 24 now and mostly have acne around my chin and lips area. I've tried various topical before throughout the years from my dermatologist but they never worked very well for me. So when my Derm recommended this topical I was very skeptical. However, I have been using Aczone for 4 months now and can't believe the results. The only other thing that worked this well for me was the pill micocyclin and only while i was on it. This stuff doesn't seem to prevent acne but accelerates the healing process once acne appears. I apply it only to the acne wants it starts to appear and it stops the growth of pimples and they fade away after 3-4 days. It works on white heads as well as the bit deep painful pimples. It has also worked on the acne on my shoulders and back. This product does not dry out my skin. At first I used it twice a day only applying it only to affected areas and now that my skin is clear I keep it handy for when I notice a new pimple coming in. I probably only use it 5-6 times a week now. Wonderful stuff

This cured me
Reviewed on September 22, 2014

I never review anything...but after having bad acne since the age of 12, I want to say what a miracle this is. I started taking it in August of 2012 (at age 21) and haven't gone a day without it since. Changed my life. When you have tried everything else and nothing works (like I did), try this and be happy. Within a few months, my old scars started to fade and a year later were completely gone.

Used in conjunction with Avar cleanser and Neutrogena moisturizer.

Week 3
Reviewed on September 9, 2014

I am on my third week of using Aczone and I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I immediately saw results within the first week of use. I love how mild and gentle it is. I'm hoping that it continues to clear up my skin, it's been the only product to work in years!!!

It really works!
Reviewed on July 29, 2014

My cousin gave me sample tubes of this product and swore by it! So I decided to try it. She said just be consistent! I did and it works! My acne on my right side of my face is clearer. The dark spots are lighter and my complexion is looking great! I'm trying to get a prescription from my dermatologist!

Excellent
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I had mild acne throughout high school, but then freshman year of college decided to bless me with a combination of cystic bacne and a painfully broken-out face. OTC benzoyl peroxide did nothing. Finally went to the derm and was prescribed epiduo, and a month on that actually made everything worse. I went back again and was pressured to do Accutane ( I adamantly refused). She eventually decided to put me on a combination of aczone and minocycline. Immediately I loved it. It just feels nice on your skin. In two days my skin was healing. It's a month later and while I still have a bit of bacne and a few small zits, but it is so much better. The zits I do get heal much faster. IF BENZOYL PEROXIDE DOES NOTHING FOR YOU TRY THIS. Doesn't bleach your clothes either. For the first time since the 8th grade I can wear no makeup and feel like a human being.

Suprisingly effective for maintenance
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

In combination with tretinoin at night, this has been surprisingly helpful. It has markedly reduced the amount of larger breakouts I get. I still have some small under-skin pimples that are note very visible, and some blackheads. But this helps keep a lid on the level of breakouts for me.

The downside is the cost. This is the single most expensive component of my acne treatment right now, so I often relay refilling it.

finally something that actually works
Reviewed on May 3, 2014

Like many other people on this site, I've fought a battle with acne and all the self-esteem issues it can cause. After trying multiple antibiotics, topical treatments, and over the counter and home remedies, I kinda started to assume I just had really stubborn acne. But I did over the years start to learn something about my skin. First off, I have hormonal acne, which is a challenge to treat. I also have sensitive skin that quickly reacts to drying acne products by producing huge amounts of oil. When I told my derm this, she prescribed Aczone. She said it works well for people that have problems with the drying ingredients in most acne products, since its not very drying itself.

I'm broke, but I was also desperate, so I forked over the $50 for my first bottle. For once, I was actually shocked at how well an acne product worked! 1 week in, my skin was very noticeably clearer. Now I'm three weeks in, and my skin in mostly clear (hence only the 4 stars) but my skin also seems to heal the zits on my face so much faster than it use to. This is almost life changing for me, since acne has been such a struggle for so long.

I've started using Aczone with spironolactone, too, so hopefully within a few months my skin will be totally clear.

Only downsides of Aczone is the price, it can be slightly drying (but not very) and the fact that it doesn't help improve oiliness at all. Still totally worth it, I've finally found an acne product I love.

Aczone
Reviewed on March 7, 2014

It really didn't work for me at all. Maybe helped lighten some of my scarring but that's about it. It made me break out a little more than usual ever since I started using it. Now, I don't know if that goes along with the whole "it always gets worse before it gets better" but I don't really believe that compared to the other prescription creams I have tried. I'd say you're better off looking into trying epiduo or duac/clindamycin.