AcneFree Sensitive Skin Formula reviews

4.2/5 - 25 reviews

Brand: AcneFree

Corrective Acne Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Aminomethyl Propanol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Ethyl Vanillin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Polyacrylate-1 Crosspolymer, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Chloride, Sorbic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sea Whip Extract, Water, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Zinc PCA.

Alcohol-Free Acne Toner
Ingredients:
Water, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sea Whip Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Bisabolol, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Salicylic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Isoceteth-20.

Hydrating Acne Repair Lotion + Spot Treatment
Benzoyl Peroxide (3%).

Allantoin, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol Ethyl Macadamiate, Glycerin, Jojoba Esters, Laureth-7, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Propanediol, Propylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract.

AcneFree Sensitive Skin Acne System
updated: 04/28/2017 12:53 UTC

DONT CRY WHEN YOU USE THIS PRODUCT
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

I bought this treatment for my sister and we did the treatment together even though I have no acne and I broke up with my boyfriend the night I tried the treatment and I cried. I woke up in the morning with burning redness, I'm not sure if this happened because I cried or because I used it without having any acne. Either way the product is great my sisters face is looking better already.

Holy Grail... Skin has NEVER looked so good!
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

Let me start by saying for the past 3 years I have had moderate/severe acne--this included at least 2-5 deep, painful cysts (that lasted weeks!) AND clusters of pustules/papules all over my cheeks, chin, and jawline on any given day. My cheeks and chin were LOADED with red post-acne marks from just healed acne and my nose was covered in blackheads. My face was so irritated and red, I hated my skin and bought/tried every product I could get my hands on.

Things I've tried: Proactiv, Murad, Dermalogica, Desert Essence, Alba, Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Repechage, Philosophy, Origins, Clinique... I also tried not washing my face, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil... The list goes on! All the products listed above I tried for up to three months before frustration set in and I switched to something new.

I saw Acne Free when my skin was at it's absolute worst, and in desperation (I was having a low self esteem day) forked over the $20.00 for the kit. I had already spent thousands of dollars on products, treatments, dermatologist and esthetician visits, so the price really didn't bother me much. I just wanted relief.

The first day was pretty bad. After washing my face with the cleanser (which smells so good!) my skin felt clean and not dry or overly washed. However, the toner and moisturizer BURNED. I almost washed it off because of how badly it burned, but I've used BP products before and knew my skin would need to adjust... And it did! Give your skin a chance to acclimate to the new products and try to add a little more moisturizer each day while your skin gets used to the benzoyl peroxide. My skin did get a little dry, and some peeling occurred, but stick with it because there will be clear skin underneath! Yes, my skin was red and tender for about a week but there was literally nothing you could do to make my skin worse at that point in my life! Stick with it!

I woke up after my first full day of use to discover that I had absolutely NO NEW BREAKOUTS! Or even emerging breakouts.

I was still pretty skeptical, though, because some products work great for the first weeks and then tend to stop working. I continued using my Acne Free day and night, and every week my skin got clearer and clearer!

It's now been a full three months since I first purchased my Acne Free (that's how long all the products have lasted me!) and I am about to purchase my second round. I have absolutely zero acne on my face, even the blackheads I thought were a part of my nose are GONE! I have a lot of acne scars on my cheeks from the past years, but nothing feels as good as waking up next to my boyfriend makeup and acne free, or going out in public with my beautiful skin.

Sorry for my novel, but I have cried tears of joy several times since my skin has cleared and felt the need to share my story so that hopefully someone else will find the same relief I have! Thank you Acne Free!!!

Best of the best -- even for people without sensitive skin
Reviewed on July 26, 2014

Usually when choosing a product for sensitive skin, you'd know it doesn't have unnecessary things like perfumes, dyes, etc. The cleanser and toner are extremely gentle and effective. The last step, surprisingly burned a bit, but does work very well. The odd thing is, I've tried all Acnefree's kits for both moderate acne, severe acne, and sensitive skin. This kit works the best of those 3, but oddly this one burned the most even at 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide. This kit does clear acne fast, gets rid of redness and can even subside some acne scarring. Another great thing is that I also found this kit does somewhat have an oil-controlling property if you use it regularly. My skin is combination-oily, but this kit is one of the very few things that has helped me and kept working after long term use. And I have tried nearly ALL things for acne! (As I mentioned earlier, I've tried all 3 of Acnefree's kits.) The only cons I would have is that the last step does burn, and if you have sensitive skin, this is a fair warning because my skin is only slightly sensitive, but that last step really does burn! Also, over the day, if you over-applied too much of the last step, it will make your skin appear oily, and it isn't good to wash off if you want it to clear your acne. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who want to get rid of acne, unless your skin is extremely sensitive. If so, consider using a different spot treatment instead of this kit's 3rd step. This detail I don't mind much at all, but for the cleanser, it is based on natural cleansers so it doesn't foam or anything. Just expect to use a bit more than you would with a casual cleanser.

how about no.
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

i tried it once, noticed that my skin was a little red, then i tried it again the next day and it looked like i had a sunburn. i stopped using it immediately after, and even now this spot by my eye is burning to the touch and on its own at times. when i first noticed it looked like i had a sunburn ( my skin was also warm to the touch ), the spot by my eye had felt as though someone had punched me -- it was extremely sore. even when i used the spot treatment it burned for an hour or more, but i thought as i used it more it would stop doing as such -- definitely not. if i could give it 0 stars, i would.

Do Not Buy!
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

I have moderate acne that gets pretty bad sometimes. I had literally tried every single brand: Clean&Clean, Proactive, BodyShop, Clearasil, Burt's Bees and Neutrogena. Now, I have combination skin sometimes, oily skin sometimes and very dry skin sometimes, it all depends on the season. No matter what the season though, I try to use a sensitive, dry skin formula because it's easier to get rid of oil than it is to moisturize, especially when I wear light makeup. I had used a spot treatment cream from AcneFree and it worked rather well for me for awhile. I thought hey, let's give their face wash formula a try! I was super excited to find out they had it for sensitive skin. I was sure it was going to clear my skin up! I did not. The first day or so, it was okay, but I noticed no changes really. By the second day, I woke up in the morning and my face was basically peeling. I thought I would still continue to use it, and that I just needed to use more of the moisturizer. By the way, their moisturizer had Benzoyl Peroxide, A DRYING INGREDIENT. How on earth would that even work! Needless to say, it did not get better. I was so embarrassed to go anywhere because my skin was bright red and I couldn't wear makeup because of the dryness. It was the worst few days of my life. It took over a week of using a less harsh face wash and my trusted moisturizer to get it back to normal. I understand that I should have maybe gradually started the treatment to get my face used to it, but it's a sensitive formula! Why should you have to do that? If you have any type of sensitive skin, do not use this!

Unexpected
Reviewed on December 26, 2013

Well, first off acne cleansers are different for everyone, this product didn't help me, it's was disappointing because I've read a lot of positive reviews so I thought id try it, the first few days were okay it helped, but after the third day my skin started to dry up around my cheek and mouth, then at night after I put the third step on my face and I felt a burning sensation and it also made my skin red. I couldn't continue using it. So this may work for many people but it did not work for me, try this product if you want, It might or might not work for you.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE!
Reviewed on September 22, 2013

I'm fifteen, and I usually have pretty bad acne; it just gets worse year by year. In addition, I have very sensitive, combination skin. A couple of weeks ago, my skin had gotten to the point where it was just acne on top of acne, around my nose and chin, with a few pimples on my forehead. It was impossible to cover or clear; I thought it was hopeless. In the past I've tried Murad (did nothing), Proactiv (WAY too strong) and many other acne products. I had tried this when I was younger, and I remembered that my skin had been very clear while using it, but I became allergic to the face lotion and I stopped using it. So I went to the store with my mom and decided to try this again since the formula and product had changed.

The first night I used it, I put way too much on, and I did not take the 'gradual' approach as the box recommended. That was a mistake... 2 days later my acne was significantly clearer but my skin was irritated and peeling and very rough. I used my regular oil free face lotion for about 2 days until my face went back to normal and began the AcneFree again. My skin is just getting clearer and clearer! The acne is basically gone on my chin, which is where the most was before. My nose used to be covered in blackheads, and now there are none! My skin is also super smooth; all the roughness has went away. I LOVE my skin now! I would definitely recommend this product to someone with acne-prone or combination skin and I would not use anything stronger than this. At night, I only use the Acnefree products, but in the morning I use my oil-free Murad skin perfecting lotion and my Clairsonic spin brush to exfoliate and scrub off the dead skin that acne products cause. Good luck! :) Sorry this review was so long; I'm just so happy that this works!

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

I used this system for about three months, within the first month my skin was SO clear. But the drying was bad, and since it didn't come with a moisturizer I didn't think it'd be wise to use one, therefore the dryness was bad. Kind of scaly actually. The smell of the cream began to give me headaches, and i believe that toners are useless. :b So i kind of dwindled off this product, and i know that the Regimen will be more effective, so i won't miss it. But those things are personal and might be different for others.

Olivia, New Jersey
Reviewed on September 16, 2012

I am 15 years old and I have tried everything for my acne. I have tried various over the counter things (Nuetrogena, Clean and Clear, etc) ProActive, and even various prescriptions that include epidou, acanya, and doryx pills. None of these things worked for me. When I found out about AcneFree I figured it would be the same as every other acne thing I had tried however the reviews were pretty good so I gave it a shot. I spent a few days debating whether to get sensitive or regular. I was worried that the regular would dry my skin out and that the sensitive would be to gentle to work. I eventually decided to try the sensitive and I am so glad I did! I ordered it online from CVS and it was fairly cheap (especially compared to ProActive). I used it immediately and loved it after one use. The cleanser is nice and really feels like it is cleaning out my skin. The toner is nice and gentle and leaves my skin feeling smooth. The lotion/spot treatment is also really good. I started out by using it as a spot treatment, then started using it once a day, and then worked my way up to twice a day and it does not irritate my skin at all. I use to have to cake on moisturizer in order to prevent flakiness however I no longer use any. This product cleared up my skin in about a week and has been keeping clear. So glad I decided to try it!

Freya, North America
Reviewed on August 19, 2012

My mother got this for me after I told her my regular face wash was not working for me anymore. I was excited to get started using it because I had the worst of pimples that wouldn't go away no matter what and the spot treatment significantly reduced the size on first appliance. But, as I continued using it, after a few days the lotion really dried out my skin, and it itched terribly. I piled on some other lotion I used before the AcneFree system and it helped almost immediately. My recommendation would be to only use the lotion as a spot treatment. Now, the rest of it worked great, clearing even tough blackheads on my nose! I thought those would never go away! But keep using it, it'll be worth it. Just use a different lotion and you should be fine.