Page 3 of AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System reviews

3.6/5 - 1215 reviews

Brand: AcneFree

OIL-FREE PURIFYING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (w/v).

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Xantham Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexglycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Bisabolol, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylene Glycol, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA , Ethylparaben.

RENEWING TONER
Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Glycolic Acid, , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Niacinamide, Bisabolol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Copper PCA, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone.

REPAIR LOTION
Benzoyl Peroxide 3.7% (w/v).

Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Ethylhexylglycerin.

University Medical AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System, 1 set
Acnefree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System Kit, 3 Count
updated: 09/21/2014 09:29 UTC
AcneFree Clear Skin System, 3-Step Kit (Purifying Cleanser, Renewing Toner, Repair Lotion)

So far so good
Reviewed on October 17, 2013

I've been using the sensitive version of the product and it feels as if I'm using the severe version! It's really really harsh on my skin and my skins becoming very flaky and dry around my mouth area. I have been using it for about almost a week now. I'm assuming it's because my face isn't use to it. I've been using aveeno products before this. I started breaking out along my chin and jaw line. Not so much everywhere else. I have a really bad break out on my chin I've been trying to get rid of for months now. Since I've started using this product, all the cystic pimples came to a head and I was able to pop them. All the little bumps also came to a head. It works really really fast. But it does dry out my face a lot. I use bare mineral makeup to cover up the blemishes and throughout the day my skin gets very oily. So far it's doing the job. Hopefully I see better results in a couple weeks! This acne is really embarrassing.

Amazing Product.
Reviewed on October 12, 2013

I love this product! I will already say this, I do not use the toner that comes with this. I only use the cleanser and the repair lotion. I do however use the Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent with 2% Salicylic Acid, and the Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer.

Now on to the actual review of this product. I love the cleanser, especially with the AcneFree Advanced Deep Cleansing Brush. My skin feel so great after washing my face. The repair lotion is great also. I apply it all over my face. I use about the length of my fingers. My face is very soft after using it. For the first week or two it made my face a little dry, which is easily controlled by my moisturizer. My face is nearly all clear except 3 pimples and a few scars. Which is really great considering I would have more than 20 at a time.

The Regimen just didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you, and just because my routine works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you.

Effective but harsh
Reviewed on August 7, 2013

I do like this but I thought I didn't think I had sensitive skin. I bought this at cvs because my friend recommended it. My acne has decreased but the area on both sides of my mouth are irritated, dry (flakey peeling), and a bit swollen. I regret not buying the sensitive skin package. I obviously can't return it and I'm not going to waist my money and buy it again for $20. I'm very disappointed

Best acne product
Reviewed on August 5, 2013

This is the best acne product I have ever used. I have severe acne since fourth grade and I've tried EVERYTHING! Including proactive and all it did was dry my face out and create more acne. Until I found acnefree. This product is amazing I saw results after one days use! It literally cut my acne in half with out drying my face out or creating more acne. My black heads are even gone.This is definitely a number one acne product.

Amazing!! :DD
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

I have had pretty bad acne for about 5 years, since I was in 5th grade until this year. And like most teenagers I've been super self conscious about it and would try almost anything to get rid of it. My freshman year I started to run and all the face washes I used caused my skin to burn when I sweated. My mom saw this and I gave it a try. At first there wasn't any huge results but my face wasn't burning when I sweated anymore and i had to finish the bottle so I kept using it about halfway through the bottle I started to actually notice my skin was clearer. And a couple months after using it it was very noticeable to me I wasn't afraid to look in a mirror anymore it wasn't completely cleared up but of course i am a teen with crazy hormones an i don't have the best diet ever, but i was no longer so self conscious about it. Unfortunately I cant seem to find anymore and my acne has gotten slightly worse but it isn't as bad as when I started.

Contact University Medical to remove alcohol from the Rewewing Toner of the Original System
Reviewed on June 20, 2013

I'm a huge advocate of the Proactiv Original System. The skincare has always left my skin blemish free for as long as I've used it. Given my experience with skincare, benzoyl peroxide in a low dosage is the only product which seems to work for me long-term.

The Proactiv "gentle", salicylic acid based system proved ineffective for my skin. I should note that with the Original system, I have found it necessary to apply a hydrating cream such as Cetaphil moisturizing cream after cleansing and prior to application of toner in order to offset the potentially dehydrating effects of the toner. I'd found that when I had applied the toner to dry skin right after cleansing, my skin would wind up dehydrated. This is the case even if I only use the system once per day in the evening. If I apply the system 2x day I have found that my skin gets especially dehydrated and flaky where makeup application would become a problem.

As the years passed, I started to get interested in trying out skincare with anti-aging benefits. I'd always have the concern in the back of my mind that the products could contribute to breakouts or not keep my skin clear, but I've tried nevertheless.

Derm Exclusive seemed to be neutral. I didn't notice any unusual or timely breakouts from use of the product line, but Kardashian's Perfect Skin cleanser always seemed to cause pimples on my skin anytime I've used it. I'm contributing it to their cleanser, although I suppose it could be the toner as well as this product was used some of the time when the cleanser had been used, but breakouts occurred even when their toner was not used.

I ran out of Proactiv and had run out of the Derm Exclusive cleanser so I had decided to try the Perfect Skin cleanser again, but much to my dismay, instant pimples the follwoing morning!! Ugh. I therefore decided to purchase both University Medical Original Acne-Free System and the Sensitive Skin as an immediate measure since these are available at local pharmacies. I am considering applying the Original in the evening and the Sensitive formula during the AM, but I'm very much concerned about the amount of ALCOHOL that's in the Renewing Toner of the Original System. Alcohol is listed twice and is known to strip the skin of it's natural lipids and pH balance. When you strip the skin you can cause the skin to fall out of balance where it overproduces oil to compensate for stripping it's natural lipids. This can lead to more breakouts once you moisturize in order to offset the dryness and dehydration. Alcohol also dries the skin and emphasizes fine lines. I'm also concerned that stripping the skin with alcohol would not only lead to dehydration, flaking and possible emphasis of fine lines since hydration and propr balance is especially key to mature skin. My skin is not oily by any means, it tends to be combination or sensitive/acne-prone in that the wrong ingredients (mineral oil, lanolin, excess oils, inferior ingredients) will make me break out, cause redness, chapping, dehydration and flaking.

I've noticed that Proactiv uses glycolic acid in it's toner. Their toner was excellent for my skin. It would make it appear more clear, bright and even-toned. Some even consider glycolic acid an anti-aging ingredient, because it brightens dull skin and aids in gentle exfoliation while keeping the pores free of debris. The choice of alcohol as a replacement for the glycolic acid would explain the price differential as alcohol is a cheap ingredient, but it's also an inferior ingredient. I'm going into these details hoping that one of the representatives of University Medical will read this review and consider forwarding the comment to their Research & Development (R&D) Dept. and consider an alcohol-free reformulation of the toner in the Original 3 pc. System

If you are experiencing dehydration, dryness, tightness, or flakiness of the skin, please consider sending University Medical Customer Service an email via their website explaining your side effects and expressing a desire in an alcohol-free based toner which has an well-received and regarded acid as an ingredient to replace it. Acids such as salicylic, glycolic, AHA, fruit acids, etc.. have all been shown to help to clear pores, increase cell turnover and exfoliation, and have anti-aging benefits. Alcohol is a cheap ingredient known to strip and dehyudrate the skin.

I will keep you posted on whether the University Medical products are effective as they've just been purchased. I will provide benefit of the doubt for now and provide a 3-4 star rating pending followup. I will keep you posted on whether the University Medical products are effective as they've just been purchased. I will provide benefit of the doubt for now and provide a 3-4 star rating pending followup.

I'd appreciate any feedback you may have regarding using the kits on adult skin that doesn't have bad breakouts, because the skin is managed in a way to keep it clear. The morning following application of Perfect Skin cleanser, my skin had tiny pimples on the cheeks and a hive type of blemish on my chin. Use of Proactiv original system (low dosages of benzoyl peroxide) seems to keep my skin clear. I'm hoping that University Medical will do the same, but I'll have to consider how to properly offset the alcohol in the Renewing Toner. I'm awaiting a reply from the UM CS dept. as I'd emailed them via their website.

Reviewed on May 5, 2013

i have been using this product for about a month and it has totally cleared up my acne and my acne marks. I did experience some dryness for the first few days but after that my skin felt really smooth. I recommend this product to young skin like mind because it really works and it doesnt harm your skin at all it just makes you look better

Reviewed on April 19, 2013

This is one of the first products in YEARS that has dramatically improved my skin. I have been struggling with moderate acne for several years now. My most recent attempt at clearing it was using The Regimen (benzoyl peroxide treatment). I found that this method did not work for me, even when following it correctly. I think the overuse of lotion is what didn't work for me. It never allowed my skin to completely flake off and renew itself. However, the Acne Free system is wonderful.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

This review is on the AcneFree Severe treatment product. I wrote a review on the moderate acne solution in November stating "I have not tried the severe treatment." I have since then tried it with tremendous success! It literally deflated my pimples in two days. I do however still have red marks where the pimples WERE, but a plan on buying a dark spot corrector. Please try this product, you can buy it at walmart, target, basically anywhere! AcneFree Severe is a perfect solution to acne.

Reviewed on February 25, 2013

better than proactiv or any other store brand I've used over the years. Its cheap and lasts. To be honest, I used proactiv for 8-9 years and this works better!