Page 3 of AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System reviews

3.6/5 - 1210 reviews

Brand: AcneFree

OIL-FREE PURIFYING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (w/v).

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Xantham Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexglycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Bisabolol, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylene Glycol, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA , Ethylparaben.

RENEWING TONER
Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Glycolic Acid, , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Niacinamide, Bisabolol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Copper PCA, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone.

REPAIR LOTION
Benzoyl Peroxide 3.7% (w/v).

Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Ethylhexylglycerin.

University Medical AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System, 1 set
Acnefree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System Kit, 3 Count
updated: 07/24/2014 03:13 UTC
AcneFree Clear Skin System, 3-Step Kit (Purifying Cleanser, Renewing Toner, Repair Lotion)
updated: 07/24/2014 03:13 UTC

Contact University Medical to remove alcohol from the Rewewing Toner of the Original System
Reviewed on June 20, 2013

I'm a huge advocate of the Proactiv Original System. The skincare has always left my skin blemish free for as long as I've used it. Given my experience with skincare, benzoyl peroxide in a low dosage is the only product which seems to work for me long-term.

The Proactiv "gentle", salicylic acid based system proved ineffective for my skin. I should note that with the Original system, I have found it necessary to apply a hydrating cream such as Cetaphil moisturizing cream after cleansing and prior to application of toner in order to offset the potentially dehydrating effects of the toner. I'd found that when I had applied the toner to dry skin right after cleansing, my skin would wind up dehydrated. This is the case even if I only use the system once per day in the evening. If I apply the system 2x day I have found that my skin gets especially dehydrated and flaky where makeup application would become a problem.

As the years passed, I started to get interested in trying out skincare with anti-aging benefits. I'd always have the concern in the back of my mind that the products could contribute to breakouts or not keep my skin clear, but I've tried nevertheless.

Derm Exclusive seemed to be neutral. I didn't notice any unusual or timely breakouts from use of the product line, but Kardashian's Perfect Skin cleanser always seemed to cause pimples on my skin anytime I've used it. I'm contributing it to their cleanser, although I suppose it could be the toner as well as this product was used some of the time when the cleanser had been used, but breakouts occurred even when their toner was not used.

I ran out of Proactiv and had run out of the Derm Exclusive cleanser so I had decided to try the Perfect Skin cleanser again, but much to my dismay, instant pimples the follwoing morning!! Ugh. I therefore decided to purchase both University Medical Original Acne-Free System and the Sensitive Skin as an immediate measure since these are available at local pharmacies. I am considering applying the Original in the evening and the Sensitive formula during the AM, but I'm very much concerned about the amount of ALCOHOL that's in the Renewing Toner of the Original System. Alcohol is listed twice and is known to strip the skin of it's natural lipids and pH balance. When you strip the skin you can cause the skin to fall out of balance where it overproduces oil to compensate for stripping it's natural lipids. This can lead to more breakouts once you moisturize in order to offset the dryness and dehydration. Alcohol also dries the skin and emphasizes fine lines. I'm also concerned that stripping the skin with alcohol would not only lead to dehydration, flaking and possible emphasis of fine lines since hydration and propr balance is especially key to mature skin. My skin is not oily by any means, it tends to be combination or sensitive/acne-prone in that the wrong ingredients (mineral oil, lanolin, excess oils, inferior ingredients) will make me break out, cause redness, chapping, dehydration and flaking.

I've noticed that Proactiv uses glycolic acid in it's toner. Their toner was excellent for my skin. It would make it appear more clear, bright and even-toned. Some even consider glycolic acid an anti-aging ingredient, because it brightens dull skin and aids in gentle exfoliation while keeping the pores free of debris. The choice of alcohol as a replacement for the glycolic acid would explain the price differential as alcohol is a cheap ingredient, but it's also an inferior ingredient. I'm going into these details hoping that one of the representatives of University Medical will read this review and consider forwarding the comment to their Research & Development (R&D) Dept. and consider an alcohol-free reformulation of the toner in the Original 3 pc. System

If you are experiencing dehydration, dryness, tightness, or flakiness of the skin, please consider sending University Medical Customer Service an email via their website explaining your side effects and expressing a desire in an alcohol-free based toner which has an well-received and regarded acid as an ingredient to replace it. Acids such as salicylic, glycolic, AHA, fruit acids, etc.. have all been shown to help to clear pores, increase cell turnover and exfoliation, and have anti-aging benefits. Alcohol is a cheap ingredient known to strip and dehyudrate the skin.

I will keep you posted on whether the University Medical products are effective as they've just been purchased. I will provide benefit of the doubt for now and provide a 3-4 star rating pending followup. I will keep you posted on whether the University Medical products are effective as they've just been purchased. I will provide benefit of the doubt for now and provide a 3-4 star rating pending followup.

I'd appreciate any feedback you may have regarding using the kits on adult skin that doesn't have bad breakouts, because the skin is managed in a way to keep it clear. The morning following application of Perfect Skin cleanser, my skin had tiny pimples on the cheeks and a hive type of blemish on my chin. Use of Proactiv original system (low dosages of benzoyl peroxide) seems to keep my skin clear. I'm hoping that University Medical will do the same, but I'll have to consider how to properly offset the alcohol in the Renewing Toner. I'm awaiting a reply from the UM CS dept. as I'd emailed them via their website.

Reviewed on May 5, 2013

i have been using this product for about a month and it has totally cleared up my acne and my acne marks. I did experience some dryness for the first few days but after that my skin felt really smooth. I recommend this product to young skin like mind because it really works and it doesnt harm your skin at all it just makes you look better

Reviewed on April 19, 2013

This is one of the first products in YEARS that has dramatically improved my skin. I have been struggling with moderate acne for several years now. My most recent attempt at clearing it was using The Regimen (benzoyl peroxide treatment). I found that this method did not work for me, even when following it correctly. I think the overuse of lotion is what didn't work for me. It never allowed my skin to completely flake off and renew itself. However, the Acne Free system is wonderful.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

This review is on the AcneFree Severe treatment product. I wrote a review on the moderate acne solution in November stating "I have not tried the severe treatment." I have since then tried it with tremendous success! It literally deflated my pimples in two days. I do however still have red marks where the pimples WERE, but a plan on buying a dark spot corrector. Please try this product, you can buy it at walmart, target, basically anywhere! AcneFree Severe is a perfect solution to acne.

Reviewed on February 25, 2013

better than proactiv or any other store brand I've used over the years. Its cheap and lasts. To be honest, I used proactiv for 8-9 years and this works better!

Reviewed on February 24, 2013

I have used antibiotics, topical prescriptions, ProActiv, everything for years at a time. None really worked. I tried AcneFree as a teen and it did little. However, as an adult I've noticed considerable improvement. It seems to have caused some cystic pimples at first, but after a few weeks my whole face is clearer than it's been in years. It has helped with oily skin and visibility of scars. BE CAREFUL not to use the product too close to your eyes. It can burn at first, and will dry out skin.

Reviewed on February 9, 2013

It will work, only if you use it twice a day, everyday. But when you do that, you will see amazing results :)

Reviewed on February 9, 2013

I have been using AcneFree for more than 3 years. Since I started using AcneFree I am no longer embarassed about pimples on my face. I have been recommending it to my friends, family and strangers.

Reviewed on January 23, 2013

I started a new birth control and the hormones made my acne go crazy, my doctor suggested it and I tried it. I had terrible white heads and pimples around my chin area that were starting to scar. The treatment immediately brought down pimples, reduced white heads and stopped the scarring. I saw a difference in 3 days. My skin did get dry but I also started using it in the dead of winter when my skin is at its driest. Amazing product I'll never use anything else.

Reviewed on January 4, 2013

I used this back a couple years ago. It's somewhat similar to Proactiv and Dan's Regimen (the main ingredient is Benzoyl Peroxide). It kind of helped, yet it didn't satisfy me. The bottles were nicely shaped and designed, and I remember the stuff smelling good.

You have to realize though that this is merely a bandage solution to acne. Once you stop slathering chemicals on your face, the acne comes back. Acne is an internal problem. I've been using lemon treatment and it's been clearing me up