Overall rating: 3.6 / 5

Brand: AcneFree

Most helpful review

By EricD on 05/05/2013
thumbnail

i have been using this product for about a month and it has totally cleared up my acne and my acne marks. I did experience some dryness for the first few days but after that my skin felt really smooth. I recommend this product to young skin like mind because it really works and it doesnt harm your skin at all it just makes you look better.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful

OIL-FREE PURIFYING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (w/v).

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Xantham Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexglycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Bisabolol, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylene Glycol, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA , Ethylparaben.

RENEWING TONER
Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Glycolic Acid, , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Niacinamide, Bisabolol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Copper PCA, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone.

REPAIR LOTION
Benzoyl Peroxide 3.7% (w/v).

Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Ethylhexylglycerin.

University Medical AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System, 1 set
Acnefree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System Kit, 3 Count
updated: 04/17/2014 23:59 UTC
AcneFree Clear Skin System, 3-Step Kit (Purifying Cleanser, Renewing Toner, Repair Lotion)

Member reviews

By on

better than proactiv or any other store brand I've used over the years. Its cheap and lasts. To be honest, I used proactiv for 8-9 years and this works better!

Pros

• Works great, affordable, lasts long

Cons

• none
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have used antibiotics, topical prescriptions, ProActiv, everything for years at a time. None really worked. I tried AcneFree as a teen and it did little. However, as an adult I've noticed considerable improvement. It seems to have caused some cystic pimples at first, but after a few weeks my whole face is clearer than it's been in years. It has helped with oily skin and visibility of scars. BE CAREFUL not to use the product too close to your eyes. It can burn at first, and will dry out skin.

Pros

• works relatively quickly
  • noticeable results
  • smell goes away as it dries quickly
  • helps oily skin

Cons

• severely dries out skin
  • made under eyes swell
  • may cause some initial breakouts
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 20

By on

It will work, only if you use it twice a day, everyday. But when you do that, you will see amazing results :)

Pros

• Works
  • Affordable

Cons

• Must apply all three products morning and night
  • severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been using AcneFree for more than 3 years. Since I started using AcneFree I am no longer embarassed about pimples on my face. I have been recommending it to my friends, family and strangers.

Pros

• Love it! It is easy to use. I saw results in about a week. I use it every day and only have a pimple once in a while. That is when I use the 'terminator', and its gone in a couple of days. I consider it a blessing.

Cons

• I am running out and can't find it in my regular pharmacy.
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 19
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started a new birth control and the hormones made my acne go crazy, my doctor suggested it and I tried it. I had terrible white heads and pimples around my chin area that were starting to scar. The treatment immediately brought down pimples, reduced white heads and stopped the scarring. I saw a difference in 3 days. My skin did get dry but I also started using it in the dead of winter when my skin is at its driest. Amazing product I'll never use anything else.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Fast working
  • Smells good
  • Results in 3-7 days

Cons

• Occasional dry skin
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 19.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this back a couple years ago. It's somewhat similar to Proactiv and Dan's Regimen (the main ingredient is Benzoyl Peroxide). It kind of helped, yet it didn't satisfy me. The bottles were nicely shaped and designed, and I remember the stuff smelling good.

You have to realize though that this is merely a bandage solution to acne. Once you stop slathering chemicals on your face, the acne comes back. Acne is an internal problem. I've been using lemon treatment and it's been clearing me up

Pros

• Kind of worked
  • Nicely designed system

Cons

• A bit pricey (better priced than Proactiv though)
  • Chemicals
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I will keep buying this. End of story, end of adult acne for me after years and years of failed attempts. Happy.

Pros

• WORKS, easy to get in Canada, similar to the Acne.org treatment. Delivered to you door with free shipping from www.well.ca. About $29.99 Canadian.

Cons

• Only con for me was my skin did best with an added SA toner to exfoliate.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 29.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Been using this for YEARS, the only acne product that's worked for me. I personally have zero patience. When I have a breakout I expect whatever medication I put on to clear it fast. I want immediate results. I have no patience for dans 3-4 month regimen or retin a etc etc. Acnefree clears me up fast. Life is too short to be patient waiting for your face to clear!

Pros

• Clears acne FAST. Expect results within few days, and flawless skin in one month

Cons

• benzoyl peroxide doesn't go on clear like the regimens. can be very drying
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product works much better than Dan's regimen for me. I love AcneFree. Some itchiness or dryness may come up, but it does go away, at least it did for me. Remember though, just because it worked for me does not mean it will work for everyone.

Pros

• Cleared a lot of my pimples in 1 week.
  • Not many side effects.
  • Amazing cleanser with a very gentle exfoliant.

Cons

• Some slight dryness and some itchiness, but it goes away.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 17.97

By on

I have been using this product for about 2 months now, and my forehead looks amazing. The only consern i had was the acne on my forehead, so i was so glad when i saw the pimples clearing. I didn't however, think my cheeks would be a problem. Ever since i started using AcneFree, my cheeks have gotten noticeably worse. Right when I think they are getting better, another pimple pops up. The pimples on my face seem to not react to anything i put on it. I plan on buying the Regimen because i have nothing to lose. I would recommend this product to people with moderate acne; severe might want to try the severe AcneFree product. (I have not used it, so i cant say it works better.) Since the product is only $20, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. Everybody is different, and every problem comes with a different solution.

Pros

• Came with a scrubber
  • No smell
  • Clears skin
  • Cheep
  • Buy at local stores

Cons

• Red, dryness
  • Flakyness
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.