AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System reviews

3.6/5 - 1238 reviews

Brand: AcneFree

OIL-FREE PURIFYING CLEANSER
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Polyethylene, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Xantham Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexglycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Bisabolol, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylene Glycol, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA , Ethylparaben.

RENEWING TONER
Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Glycolic Acid, , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Niacinamide, Bisabolol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Copper PCA, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone.

REPAIR LOTION
Benzoyl Peroxide (3.7%).

Water, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Sea Whip Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Ethylhexylglycerin.

University Medical AcneFree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System, 1 set
Acnefree 24 Hour Acne Clearing System Kit, 3 Count
updated: 09/30/2016 22:19 UTC
AcneFree Clear Skin System, 3-Step Kit (Purifying Cleanser, Renewing Toner, Repair Lotion)

Life saver
Reviewed on June 28, 2017

I am a big advocate for this product. It was the only thing to clear up my cystic acne within a few days. It is not for people with sensitive skin. Has anyone heard of the magical powers of taking a Zinc chelate supplement? It has worked wonders. I take a zinc vitamin and use this acnefree system in the mornings. best skin in years!

Great product
Reviewed on June 19, 2017

I have tried lots of different products with no results and so I tried Acnefree and seen results within a few days. I have be using this products for 2 weeks now morning and night and my acne has cleared up. I love this product and will continue to use it. I'm thankful I have finally found a product to clear up my acne for a great price.

Burnt my face big time
Reviewed on April 5, 2017

MUST READ!!!!

Like a lot of people on this thread who didn’t like this product, I didn’t like it either. And for a lot of the same reasons I see here - when I put it on, I felt like my face was on fire. I read up on what to do and I did everything I could in order to make it bearable - I iced my face, I took ibuprofen but it was extremely painful. To the point where I couldn’t even touch my face sometime. It was also extremely embarrassing because my face was so red and it just felt raw. I am a subscriber to “it gets worse before it gets better” and I had read all of the good reviews on this site also so I was determined to make it work but I just couldn’t handle the pain after about a week of suffering.

So I stopped and almost immediately my face got better. It took about 2 days for the redness to go away and for my skin to stop feeling windburnt. And lovely, I still had acne after the redness went away. I guess the good news is that the redness hid some of my spots!

I chose this because it was the cheaper solution to Proactive, but in the end I probably should have gone with Proactive - maybe they would have had better customer support. But after this experience, I was just done with the big brand solutions. When I called them, they were zero help. None, zilch. Just told me to return the product, which I guess was respectable but at the same time, they just told me to try their sensitive skin one. Without even knowing more about the issues I was going through. I almost did it but decided to do a little more research and called a couple of other companies including Exposed, Proactive and this small one called Ninja that a friend had told me about.

The ONLY one that gave me decent advice and insight as to what on earth was happening to me was Ninja. Everyone else was just trying to sell me the same stuff that I had a problem with at AcneFree, Eg. Benzoyl. The lady I spoke with at Ninja really knew her stuff and told me that it seemed like I had a problem with Benzoyl which is super funny because I had tried a bunch of stuff in the past with benzoyl and had itching but never really thought it was because of the benzoyl. So, I went with them because they were the only ones that seemed like they knew what the heck they were talking about. Went with their benzoyl free option, it has sulfur in it instead, and honestly, I have never even experienced clearing like that before. I also use their sulfur mask now and there are no more spots, no more bump and AND the scars are fading. I am almost to the point where I don’t think I will need to wear makeup soon.

All I am saying is that if this product isn’t working for you, you might have some issues with Benzoyl like I had. Everyone always talks about how benzoyl is the only way to clear acne but its not the case! There are other ways and you shouldn’t try and make something work if your skin isn’t having it!! I always had heard was to suck it up, that it will work but you never hear that you should listen to your skin, your body. Listen! Check out all your options ‘cause there are a lot out there.

Is the redness and itchyness part of the process?
Reviewed on February 24, 2017

Hi, I started using this 2 days ago. And my face turns so red and very itchy, but I can see that my acne did clear up. I'm just scared that if i continue using this product it might harm my skin.. is that part of the process or shud i stop using this?, Thank you

by queen XD on 04/04/2017 05:40
Same situation I had with dryness and itchiness so I just stopped using it
Only product that ever worked for me! Changed my life!
Reviewed on February 8, 2017

Normally I don't go out of my way to review things but I couldn't help myself when it is a product that literally changed my life! I have suffered with acne for over 20 years, It was hard on my confidence and really can hold you back from living a normal life. I got to the point where I just kind of accepted it would be something I always would struggle with even into my mid 30's. I was at the store and saw that this product was very affordable and remember reading a few positive reviews on it so figured I had nothing to lose. I was sure to follow other peoples advice and used the product exactly how described even watched few youtube videos to make sure the amounts I was using were appropriate. In just a few days any new acne was at a complete hault and after two weeks all leftover marks and past acne is completely gone and I have ZERO acne and my face has looked the best it ever has! This product is the greatest thing ever and changed my life. The benzol peroxide can color pillow cases and clothes so be careful of that but if that is the only downside then so be it! This product is affordable and if you take it the correct way and be patient it is a miracle worker. I use it first thing in the morning all 3 steps. Mid day wash face with cetaphil and then use the products again before bed. This regiment worked for me flawlessly so that is the way I would recommend but I'm sure everyone's skin reacts differently. Use as directed and give the product time to work and you will definitely be happy with the results!

Proactive knock-off for the win
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

I've been using this system for several years before the acne.org regimen and it works wonderfully. It completely cleared off my acne. I took off one star because I always run out of one of the products, then I have to go and buy another box. It's so annoying that they don't sell them separately. The system has never dried out my face.

Skin Destroyer
Reviewed on December 13, 2016

I've tried quite a few systems, to a degree that my mother (who hates my acne on a level that I cannot understand) got desperate and bought this stuff from Five Below. I used it as instructed for about three days, and my skin turned completely red and quite literally began to peel off of my face. It was itchy, peel-y, and I had significant polarization of extremely dry and oily spots where it was just an average combination before. Upon reducing use, the symptoms also reduced, but the damage was done and I gave up within a week. After that I tried here and there to use one of the products as a spot treatment, which dried and peeled the skin around the pimple but did nothing but irritate it.

I spent well over a month trying to heal all of the damage, and none of my acne had cleared up either! In fact, I think I probably had more acne after that week than I did before. I have never had a single product or system destroy my skin like that. It went into the trash pretty quickly.

by Muro koto on 01/28/2017 01:58
I recently bought this product and after day 3, my face was getting red and extremely dried up. My skin was Sore and itching, partly peeled off. I was so shocked so I immediately made brown sugar and honey facial pack and got rid of dryness.
Scaring
Reviewed on October 30, 2016

Ok so one day I decided to pick at me face (worst idea ever) I already had clear skin but small bumps on my chin so I decided to pop them . My skin became irritated and it scared bad does this acne free system clear pigmentation ? Please I need to know

will work but there's better options
Reviewed on September 30, 2016

I've used this system successfully, and I've had good luck with most of these proactiv type three step programs. this one has quite a bit of alcohol in the toner which I dislike. you can get the walmart equate version or actual proactiv ones that are alcohol free and have glycolic acid. the amount of BP is a bit higher in this system than in others, I believe it is 3.7 percent. they have a sensitive skin version that has an alcohol free toner and a cleanser with salicylic acid rather than benzoyl peroxide, but I haven't tried it myself. I would recommend having a good moisturizer on hand for the times or areas this might dry you out because it will eventually. I like the lotion type benzoyl peroxide treatment in these kits because it isn't as drying and my skin doesn't take kindly to most moisturizers (the search goes on). this is inexpensive and effective, so long as you don't have an allergy and go easy starting out with the products you will get good results with it.

Great
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

I've used a million products before for my hyperpigmentation and acne and nothing has worked so when my friend started using proactiv her face got so much better, so I decided to give this a try considering its easier to get and if it didn't work I wouldn't loose to much money (not my biggest concern tho). Anyways it worked so well and I'm happy to finally get something that worked. And I have some tips 1. Stay with it! If you stop using it after a day because it made your fave red or whatever like a lot of people do than its a waist, it will make your face red or whatever at first but it's normal and even the company said it would be normal. Stay with it until it's empty. 2. Start off using it less don't just pile it on and expect results it takes time and effort to get great skin, bottom line don't just throw it out after a day because you have some irritation it's a treatment not a cure