Acnecide Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) Gel reviews

3.9/5 - 16 reviews

Brand: Acnecide

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%).

Docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, colloidal anhydrous silica, purified water and sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH.

Red itchy bumps
Reviewed on April 20, 2017

So I bought the acnecide gel on 13/04/17 and to be fair I don't really suffer from acne but this year I've been getting a lot of spots but not a lot at once however it still did frustrate me! Anyways I decided to give acnecide a go after reading all the reviews and it worked so good! That one spot on my forehead was slowly disappearing. I would apply a thin layer once a day just before I went to bed. Although I did apply it on the areas that I was prone to get spots. My skin looked amazing I was getting so happy. On the 10th day (16/04/17) I woke up with two massive bumps on my forehead and a lot of spots on my cheeks. I basically got a reaction on the areas I had applied the cream. The spots and bumps were red and really itchy and honestly made me feel so down. The two bumps on my forehead were so bizarre. The texture of it was more or less scaly if I had to be honest. Today it's 20/10/17 my face is a lot more better. My two bumps on my forehead have gone with a slight redness which will take probably another day or two to heal. My left cheek has slight redness too but my right cheek has no redness whatsoever which means my right cheek is back to normal. However I have gotten a lot of tiny spots around my face which are not quite as visible but I'm hoping that they'll go away soon. Hope my review helps a lot of you guys! Btw I am a 22 year old, Sri Lankan.

Lifesaver
Reviewed on January 22, 2017

I love this cream. I have never had perfect skin but lately it's been really bad. Dermatologist said it's hormonal as it's all around my mouth and jaw area. I feel like I've tried everything but nothing works. I recently started using acnicide 5%. Been using it for about 3 days now. Morning and night over my entire face. Already I have seen amazing results. My skin is so dry but not sore at all. I apply this and then let it dry and put a tiny bit of savlon over the spots. I have also been taking lymecycline 408mg for about a week. My skin is clearing so quickly.

dry skin
Reviewed on January 1, 2017

I've been using this stuff for about a week and its working great!. But it's giving me dry skin, like really dry, did I put too much on? I touch my face and it feels weird, and when I move my face, it feels stiff like. But other than that, it's working fine.

by moodamoo55 on 01/08/2017 17:36
Use moisturiser about 20 minutes after using the acnecide. If your skin ends up too dry then skip a couple of days as it sounds like It's drying out x
It works! ... but be sensible with it.
Reviewed on December 2, 2016

I've used this cream for nearly 3 years now and it's my go to cream. I suffer from mild to moderate acne from the cheeks down. I've tried so many things and it was just exhausting, so now I've found something (that isn't a miracle worker, but it definitely helps), I might as well live with it instead of wasting my life trying to find the perfect solution. Stick with it, it will burn and you'll hate it when you laugh because your skin will feel like its ripping, but your skin will soon adapt to it. Use a very small amount and focus on problem areas. It bleaches so don't put it on and then get into bed, let it dry first. I use it in the evenings only, don't over do it unless you have severe acne, then use in the mornings as well, but ONLY A LITTLE.

I use Cetaphil moisturiser and that's it. No fancy routine with toners and whatever else they have, and it's worked okay for me.

Please give it time and be patient while your skin adjusts. And remember, more cream doesn't mean it will work better, it'll just make your face VERY sore.

GOOD LUCK :)

by Soarin on 01/01/2017 22:01
thanks for this, my skin is really dry and i knew i was putting to much on. Thanks!
I highly recommend this product
Reviewed on September 30, 2016

When I was 15 years old I got the implant it was going fine for about 6 months. I started to feel my face was starting to get really sore , boils & spots started show up & my face was all red & sore to touch or even sleep on. I then ended up with server acne. I was out on tablets , different creams & I even got referred to a skin specialist that's tried to put me on tablets that is actually been barred I America cause of the amount of sucides it caused , as they were giving people with mental health issues , server depression & server anxiety them without getting a letter from the doctor to see if it safe to give them the tablets. I thankfully got a letter from my doctor saying I'm not aloud to be giving the tablets the skin specialist wanted me to go on. I saw my doctor about a week or 2 after and he gave me acnecide to try to see if there would be any difference in my skin. I saw a massive change in my skin after a couple of weeks of using acnecide every night even sometimes I would put it on in the morning as well. Cause I have server acne for life I'm having to use the cream for the rest of my life just so it doesn't break out again. I now live with this skin condition for the rest of my life, I'm now 19 years old & My skin is now all back to Normal & is very smooth so I highly recommend acne cide to every one who is suffering or has been suffering for many years if acne. You would be able to see exactly how much there is a difference in your skin.

Any suggestions?
Reviewed on May 14, 2016

I'm 13, and I started using this product about 5 months ago. The first month or 2 had gone really well, no breakouts and the acne scarring started to clear up. But then I used that tube all up and there wasn't any available so I had to wait about a week or so. In that week all my acne started coming back and it was awful, when I finally got my hands on some cream it didn't work aswell as it did the first time. To be honest it made it worse and I hate my skin and I don't like going out with my friends and I hate going to school I just need some help, please give me some suggestions.

by Perry15 on 12/02/2016 21:41
Whenever you stop using a BP cream your acne will start to creep back unless you use a back up solution. Your skin was preparing to flare up again and then you started using the cream again. Your face was probably very confused. Like you did the first time, stick to it for a while and your skin will improve again. And bad skin is very very common in youngsters, noone at school will notice it, and i'm guessing you scrutinise your face to high heavens in the mirror, noone is ever going to give your face that much attention, or be that close I should think. Enjoy being young and enegetic, with great friends. Your skin will get better before you know it. I hope it's working again for you now :)
Amazing
Reviewed on March 31, 2016

The first few weeks of using this were horrible, my skin went really red, dry and flaky. I decided to then buy the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturiser (which are recommended with the product) and I noticed a huge improvement and I also think my skin began to get used to it. I have now been using the product for 10 weeks and while I still get a few spots its no where near the amount I used to get and parts of my face are completely clear, as well as this my skin is also a lot less oily. I've heard that this product is a bit of a hit and miss and although it is quite expensive a little goes a long way, so one tube will last a while. The second to third week of using it were my worst, but I put on too much of it and didn't let my skin adjust, so I went round looking sun burnt in January, so my advice would be too start slowly and let yoyr skin adjust, but expect irritation. I also found sudocrem was good for dealing with any red patches. A website that I found useful was: [link removed]

Hope this helps!

by julianneg12 on 03/31/2016 18:43
Just realised they removed the link but if you type in benzoyl peroxide week by week into google it will come up.
Still not sure
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

I've been using this for almost a year now, however i've always used the tiniest amount possible for fear of getting the red peely burn face that seems so talked about with most benzoyl peroxide treatments, with little improvement. Now I use this once in the evening and have become quite liberal with the application. And yes, it burns. but If you make sure you moisturise afterwards, with something soothing with no perfumes, its bearable. Hoping with some dedication to my current regime, this will finally kick my acne's butt!

Best product I've used so far!
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

The only over the counter product I've seen that states you need to give it a go for a whole month and if that doesn't work go to see your GP or a dermatologist! At first, trying this with huge urgency I used twice a day with another product containing glycolic and sacrylic acid and basic burnt the skin off of my face.... Lesson learnt. Cut down to using this gel once a day at night time, and within a week the difference was incredible. I suffer from cystic acne after stoping the contraceptive pill, and a month in, this is the first time in over a year I don't have a spot on my face, just scaring. Have just purchased the acnecide wash and will be getting the cetaphil moisturiser soon. Highly recommend this!

Still not sure how I feel about this one...
Reviewed on December 12, 2015

2 weeks in to using this cream and I was warned about it having some harsh side effects. None of which I'd seen until now. Acnecide does seem to help with the spots but in place I've now got fairly bad dermatitis. Which is probably worse to look at than my original spotty nightmare. Do be careful with this cream. If you've got sensitive skin then only use it at night and take every precaution not to get this anywhere near your eye area. It will itch, sting, swell and give you a lovely bumpy red rash which will make you look like you've gone a few rounds with a nettle bush. Basically, it does what it says on the tin but use it sparingly and carefully!