Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1354 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Definitely Helped
Reviewed on July 25, 2016

I started the regimen in May and since then have gone through redness, dryness, flaky skin, and ultimately, better clearer skin. It dies burn / itch for the first month (in my case), but it will go away eventully. Dryness is something you will have to go through and I assume jojoba oil helps. I used the moisturizer only (twice a day) and it really wasnt enough, ordered jojoba oil this time. Also this lasts a very long time.

I love this stuff!
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

I only apply it at night and it has improved my skin so much. I have not had any negative reaction from it whatsoever. Would highly recommend!

Awful product! I do NOT recommend to buy it.
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

This is one of the worst acne products I've ever purchased. My skin had an awful reaction to it. It doesn't help. It makes the skin even worse. Stay away from this product.

by Asia_Simpson on 07/23/2016 17:51
I like it, I only use it at night and have not reacted to it. How were you using it?
Best OTC acne treatment for sensitive skin
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I love this product. I have ben struggling with acne since I was 16 (ten frigging years!), and this is the only product that will treat my acne without causing irritation on my super sensitive skin. This is also one of the only product I can use that won't cause flaking or dry patches.

Accutane in a bottle
Reviewed on July 9, 2016

I have been using the treatment for approximately 3 years. When I started my freshman year of college, I struggled with severe inflammatory and cystic acne. I reached an emotional breaking point, I couldn't stand looking at myself and was horribly insecure about how I appeared to others. I contemplated starting Accutane and foregoing bone grafting surgery (I could not use Accutane while undergoing surgery). I found the treatment and I am so happy I did. It does dry out the skin and make the skin sensitive to the sun, but it is effective as long as you are careful and persistent. I stopped the treatment for about 5 months thinking I was clear, but due to hormonal changes and stress my acne came back. I have reinvested myself in the treatment and I am clear again. After 3 years I have learned a few tricks to make using bp easier, in particular adding an aloe vera to soothe and hydrate the skin. I definitely recommend this product if you have acne and do not want to use Accutane, just make sure to use an SPF.

The BEST thing to ever happen to me!
Reviewed on July 6, 2016

I have had quite severe acne since I was 13 year old. Now, aged 25, I can finally close this chapter.

I have tried countless other over the counter products, remedies, diets, light therapies and pills. None of them ever worked.

I have had negative experiences with BP when i was 14 or 15 years old. Never dared to touch the stuff again until recently. This shows that the complete regimen should be followed to obtain the desired result: Clear skin!

I never had a purge, my acne slowly faded away. I have gotten tremendous results in just 3 weeks time! My skin texture is continually improving, as BP also helps to reduce white and blackheads.

If you are struggling with acne, i would Plea to you to give the Acne.org regimen a fair try. It completely transformed my life for the better!

Thank you Dan!

LIFE-CHANGING, miraculous, holy grail product :')
Reviewed on June 26, 2016

This product has changed my life. I've had problems with acne for the past 10 years. I suffered from occasional cystic acne and regular blackheads/clogged pores, but my biggest issue was closed comedones under the skin on my cheeks and around my jaw and chin. They were hormonal and would just sit there under my skin until the slightest irritation caused them to become enflamed. I constantly had about 15 bumps on my face and sometimes also had an acne cyst or two. I'd been prescribed BP gels by my dermatologist but i was not using them correctly (basically I would spot treat with them) so I always wound up abandoning them. The Regimen showed me that I need to use BP liberally every single day to prevent the bumps from forming. I don't really follow the whole regimen but knowing about it has helped me understand how to heal my skin. The hardest but most important lesson is not squeezing/picking your face. At night I use Cerave's hydrating cleanser with my Clarisonic every night and follow it up with Paula's Choice calming toner. Then I apply the BP liberally to my cheeks and jaw. I let it absorb for about 10 minutes then moisturize. In the morning I splash my face with water and I also usually apply a little bit of BP under my daytime moisturizer. I have no problems wearing it under makeup. Since I have no acne issues on my forehead and only some small blackheads on my nose I don't apply it there.

I've tried every acne product under the sun and this is all I ever needed. Salicylic acid irritates my skin if I use it everyday. This won't irritate your skin and I LOVE that it's clear. It has a tiny bit of grittiness but it goes away once the product absorbs. Make sure you moisturize liberally. If you have sections of your face that NEVER get breakouts (for me it's my forehead and nose) I don't think it's necessary to apply it on those areas.

This is definitely the best BP product you can find. I was shocked at the size. It's SO fairly priced. It's like a full-size sunscreen. You need a big tube of it so that you don't skimp when applying it and doesn't run out too fast. I've gone through my first 8oz tube and I'm back now to buy the bigger one this time. Thank you acne.org!

Use different moisturizer if you are purging!!!
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

So I have used this benzoyl peroxide for about 4+ years now.. I usually only use it at night and it keeps my acne at bay. However, it does not completely keep me acne free but very very mild! Mild for me was about 2-3 small new pimples every week or 1 cystic pimple every month. I was okay with that and continue to use it only at night. About 3 months ago I started breaking out a lot and I think it was due to either stress from dental school or hormones, whatever it was, using this product only at night did not keep my acne as mild as I liked...and i started getting 5+ pimples at once..I also had more than 1 cystic acne month to month. So i started following the regimen precisely, substituting the face wash with Cerave Hydrating Facewash (dry-noraml skin) and the moisturizer with Cerave Moisturizing Lotion. At first, I bought the Cerave fashwash for OILY skin since my skin was pretty oily and that was a huge mistake, as it extremely dried out my face when used in combination with the benzoyl peroxide. So after i switched to the face wash for DRY skin, my skin was not as dry...however I was still getting acne and my skin was still flaking..I thought this was "purging" or my skin was still getting used to it, but I knew my skin was just irritated. I decided to switch my moisturizer to PONDS, and let me tell you that this absolutely did the trick. After two days I was no longer getting new pimples...maybe only very very small ones that aren't noticeable or red, just bumpy if you run your fingers across it. So this is why I knew it was the moisturizer that caused my skin to so call "purge"...So my skin was continuously getting better and after a few weeks it was mainly acne scars..Once my skin hit this point, I went on vacation and could only pack Cerave moisturizer into my 3 oz container because those who have PONDS know that its almost impossible to take out moisturizer from that tub. Anyways, I still followed the regimen but the only difference was the moisturizer..and after 2 weeks, my skin was once again dry, irritated, and breaking out. When I went back home, I realized it could be the moisturizer and voilaaaaa...it was...my skin went back being pimple free!! Albeit, still very dry, but I was not as bad and no longer getting new pimples. Also, I started using AHA+ every night mixed in with my moisturizer and it absolutely took care of the dry skin...The first two times I used it, it made my face EXTREMELY red and irritated..but stick through it and use a little bit each day and I promise you, it will change your life. I know this is a long post but I wanted to be as clear as possible to help anyone else out there dealing with acne.

Great!!! Just dryness
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

This is my second week using the BP treatment & my skin is very dry & flaky my acne is clearing up but now i have a crackly face especially when I wear make up it looks like a desert so dry! Does anyone have advice how long does this dryness and peeling last?

by CreditedGlue on 06/26/2016 04:37
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! Once the BP absorbs you should apply tons of moisturizer. If the one your are using now isn't working try using a richer one. I also recommend oils such as jojoba or organ. They really help balance my skin and control oiliness. Don't give up on the BP. Good luck!
Help
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

I started using the acne regimen and my skin started peeling!! Is that normal ?

by Emilie Riley on 07/05/2016 09:55
This is really normal! the skin dries out due to the benzoyl peroxide and when it peels off, clear skin is revealed underneath