Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)
4.3/5 - 1282 reviews

Write Your Review Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

The list of ingredients above is provided for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
- Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Never 100% Clear
Reviewed on November 24, 2015

This product definitely works, it reduced the amount of acne I had for several years but I recently realized I've also been settling for less than perfect skin for years now because of it. Over the course of about 2 years now I've tried to use this treatment and while it helped to improve my skin I still have always had consistent breakouts and have never been 100% clear. When I used it with the full Regimen it didn't work as well as when I replaced the cleanser and moisturizer with Aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser and moisturizer (same instructions as with the Regimen that Dan suggests). My skin recently has gotten much worse and it might be due to a few different factors but it became obvious pretty fast that this Benzoly Peroxide gel is no longer making as much as a difference that it used to. I returned to my dermatologist that I used in high school and he prescribed me with an oral antibiotic once a day, Solodyn, to be used with Plexion cleanser with Acanya in the morning, and Aczone in the evening. In just a short amount of time my skin is better than it ever was. The best advice that I can give somebody that's suffering from acne that isn't getting better with over the counter products is to go to a doctor! Prescriptions can be expensive but a good doctor will help with coupons or discounts as much as they can and you should never have to pay the full price. I thank for helping me for the first couple of years using this product but I'm so glad I finally went back to my dermatologist.

Two months, terrible problem
Reviewed on November 23, 2015

I think my acne has improved somehow... Though I still get some bad acne... But the problem is my eyes and the red patch near my eyes... My skin became not only red but also hard!! When I touch the part, I feel like there is another layer on my skin so that my skin sensitivity is less!!!

Is this normal...? Please help me.

I'm seriously considering stopping regimen...

Plus I got wrinkles on my eyes!!! I'm only 21.....

Help me please....

by beautyorderlogic on 11/24/2015 02:20
I had this problem also when I first began the regimen, however, here is what I do to counter that problem: I apply a bit of moisturizer to my eyelids, under eyes, sides of nose and perimeter of mouth immediately after applying the benzoyl peroxide and before letting the benzoyl peroxide absorb and dry. This technique has prevented the redness and pain caused by benzoyl peroxide's contact with those sensitive areas. Then, once the benzoyl peroxide is completely absorbed and set, I use a generous amount of moisturizer on my whole face (as the regimen recommends). I have been using the regimen since November 2014 with life-changing results (seen within the first three months). Those sensitive areas just need a little bit of extra protection. Keep going, because the regimen really works!
Is this Effective?
Reviewed on November 19, 2015

Does this go with a set? Can I use this alone or it should be together with other products?

by oyinkan98 on 11/19/2015 03:44
@JM21 You can use this alone just make sure to moisturize afterwards because it can be drying.
Reviewed on November 11, 2015

I'm actually pretty shocked at a lot of the reviews I'm reading about the treatment product. It is clearly explained that this product will cause flakiness and dryness of the skin, yet there are so many users complaining about exactly that, and warning others not to use this product in their reviews.

I bought the system about 2 years ago (8oz) and it worked wonders for me. I will be honest, eventually, I stopped using the cleanser and moisturizer altogether (I ran out of the cleanser first, and just used any other mild soap) as for the moisturizer, I dunno, I just didn't care to use it ONCE MY SKIN GOT USED TO THE SYSTEM. You see..when you first start out, because you are applying benzoyl peroxide on your face, and because this is new to your will dry and flake. So be sure to use the moisturizer. The severity of the dryness/flakiness wasn't so bad for me, I have a normal skin type. If you can be patient and wait out the "hardening" process, then it's all peaches and cream afterwards. I do not recall waiting for an extensive amount of time for this dryness and flakiness process to end. My 8oz bottle of treatment has finally run out after 2 years.

This product literally deserves 5/5 stars. It's effective, it's long-lasting, and the price is decent for the amount of product you get.

*****this review is not meant for those who's face apparently "got worse" (not due to flakiness or dryness, but due to literal breaking out even more than before having used the treatment) so, no need to argue with my review about how it DIDN'T work for you. Respectfully share your own review if necessary.

Works great for adults and teens!
Reviewed on November 6, 2015

I'm 36 and have been using this for the last 5-6 years, it's the ONLY thing that has every gotten rid of my acne (and I've tried every prescription and TV special acne regimen out there over the years). I still get a spot now and than, especially around my period, but I also only use a small amount twice a day...just a fingers tip worth. I cleanse with Cetaphil, use BP, and follow up with the Aveeno Daily Moisturizer in the morning and AHA+ at night time. (At first I followed the Dan's Regimen, but found I could cut back quite a bit and not have any flaky skin at all and still get great results). Also be sure to rub the BP in completely, if I just quickly put it on my face and not spend the time to really rub it in, it's not nearly as effective.

I've just started using this for my 13 year old daughter now as well. She has severe acne, which just keeps getting worse since she always forgets to take care of her face. I've started helping her with this morning and night and it's already starting to clear up her skin. She still has a long ways to go, but I have no doubts it will clear up completely in the next few months. I use Simple's Micellar Cleansing Water first to help cleanse her face and follow up with the BP.

Love and Hate
Reviewed on October 18, 2015

Ok this is a good product for the price but sometimes I still get irritated and have some acne. I love BP because it kills bacteria on the face. I follow instructions I do not understand maybe its too drying and irritate my skin. I just wish it gave me consistent results but I will still use it. Oh and be careful it may sting your eyes a little like cutting onions. Always use SPF moisturizer during the day or moisturizer then sunscreen.

Reviewed on October 5, 2015

These products work. Been using this for the last 3 months and my acne has cleared. My skin did get worse and dry at first then it cleared. Since then its been really smooth sailing. I do get a pimple or two but it does not last more than two days. However, I am dark skinned so I have a lot of acne scars from years of breakouts. I have been using glycolic acid for a month but there is not much difference in terms of the hyperpigmentation. Overally for acne, this is the best I have come across.

Should this treatment be affecting my complexion!?
Reviewed on September 23, 2015

've been using the regimen for a week and a half now and I am experiencing the dryness and peeling that is expected, However the benzoyl peroxide has also made me go a shade or 2 darker. My face is now almost darker than the rest of my body whereas is used to be the palest part of my body. Has anyone else experienced this and could possibly help me - I'm afraid that if I keep using it, it will make my face go even more darker. Please help.

by Rsem3839 on 09/26/2015 14:20
yes! Im on my first week and my face is darker too. but i think that happens because there is dead skin peeling off form the top of your new skin , so that dead skin will have a darker color , it will peel off , dont worry. The same thing happens if you get chemical peelings. look for photos in google, you will see.
by Rsem3839 on 09/26/2015 14:20
by kissybiz on 11/02/2015 19:56
Mine got darker too. Just keep using it. You'll be glad you stuck with it.
Horrible product
Reviewed on September 17, 2015

I ordered this product for the second time and the first time I had it I got a small tube of everything and I followed the regimen for washing and caring for your face and it did nothing but make my face worse... I highly do not recommend this product, also it took 4 weeks to finally get it, and I had paid for the extra fast shipping. DO NOT get this product, it is a waste of your money and time waiting for it to finally come, I wish I could get my money back for how horrible of a product it is. Folks please take my advice.. and don't get this.

Are you kidding me??!?!??!?!
Reviewed on September 15, 2015

Are you serious, Dan? I saw all the good reviews of this regimen, and look where it took me. My skin got so flaky and it looks absolutely disgusting and it made my skin to get worse and more sensitive and I am having break outs. What is this? Also, I don't understand why you charged me for another this whole kit even though I DID NOT order on September 10!!!!! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why you are saying that my order has been shipped.. Shipped to where? To heaven? Seriously, give my freaking money back. Send it directly through my bank account. I am so very disappointed with this regimen and your service. This regimen was my last hope for my acne, but you made it worse and you gave me more stress by taking my money away from my bank account even though I DID NOT order this freaking regimen again. HA. You better respond to my email ASAP and give my money back and I don't even want your regimen, your kit anymore. Take them with you and give me my money back NOW.

by sos398 on 09/17/2015 23:29
YES! such a horrible product!!
by annabanana87 on 09/27/2015 12:12
Been using this for many years now. The first time I used it my skin got worse before it got better... My skin got flaky and it purged. Good thing about the flakiness was that it renewed my skin faster, hence the scars faded faster too.. Hang in there.
by Robswife2 on 11/10/2015 00:58
Please try it again and give it at least a month before you judge. My skin went through a seriously scary, flakey phase and now it's beautiful. Takes time and patience!