Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1217 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Amazing Product !
Reviewed on November 26, 2014

Most effective product I've ever used! I completely cleared my severe acne with this along with 2 cystic pimples. I had mild to moderate acne during May but then my breakouts and acne got worse and worse. It was to the point where it hurt so bad to touch my face. I recieved this product August 2nd and let me just tell you, in the beginning, your skin will be so dry and flakey! It was really hard to put makeup on over the acne because of the dryness. Don't let that drag you away though! After about a month or so, the flakeness went away and almost all my acne was clear! Now 3 months later, my skin is completely clear from acne. All I have left on my skin is red hyperpigmentation but I have been using the AHA+ and it's helping so much. My skin is bright and so smooth. Hopefully they go away once I start using a dermaroller! Thank you so much Acne.org !!!! :)

Love this stuff
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

For anyone using this stuff , don't give up just because your skin may get worse at 1st , mine did . I started using this along with cetaphil gentle wash 8-2014 and even after a month I still was not seeing results , face was still horrible , I messaged Dan and he suggested using more of the benzoyl peroxide , but I said well my face is already peeling , he said use more of the lotion and suggested to add some jojoba oil to the moisturizer so I did and by end of sept my face look allot better , its taken some time for some of the old acne to go away but I'm so pleased with how clear my chin is compared to what It was. I was to the point I didn't want to socialize at all and now I feel so much better about myself. I wash 2 times a day with the cetaphil gentle wash and follow the rest of the steps dan has and it works. I make sure I wait the 15 min after applying the ben 2.5 before adding moisturizer . After washing I usually wait till I can feel that my skin Is dry , usually 5 min or longer . Try my best to be as gentle as possible when doing it all.

Great BP Treatment but Be Cautious
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

When my acne got bad, benzoyl peroxide cured it, there is no question. Not lemons, not vinegar, benzoyl peroxide. Fortunately now I am in a position where my skin has improved and my body is in balance so I am quitting BP all together and keeping my acne under control with aforementioned lemons and vinegar. But my god, when your skin is in a real state, nothing will clear it up as quickly as BP will. Stick out the redness, and build up slowly, your skin will be freakishly dry at first but you will adjust. Dans BP is 2.5% which is ideal, the formula is smooth and gel-like and you get a gigantic amount for your money (I still haven't got through the stuff and its been 4 months.) But one thing I will say is that although this will probably "cure" your acne, it is not something you should be shovelling all over your face twice a day. It's a serious chemical and should be treated that way. Yes, use BP when your skin is messed up, but when you're getting back to normal, slowly wean yourself off and try out some of the natural remedies reviewed on this site. Have you noticed how high the reviews are for things as simple as lemons and potatoes?

it's okay..
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

Worth to try it.. but don't except too much. makes skin peels and dry, just not working well.

Try a different approach
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I've tried so many products, but they simply mask acne. A change in diet saved my skin.

See the bigger picture, whats your body trying to tell you?

For anyone interested in taking a different approach at skincare and improving your complexion from the inside out check out the power of Juice Plus. For less than a cup of coffee/day. It's a lifestyle change :)

Message me, I'd be happy to share!

Didn't help - in fact made daughter's acne worse.
Reviewed on November 13, 2014

She uses this product every night and has done for about 6 months. Within a month acne had spread to cheeks - I know this could have been a coincidence but her spots got worse and worse until last week I put two and two together and told her to stop using the acne.org BP. This morning (about 10 days after stopping) her skin looked so much less inflamed and red. It didn't dry her skin out either - honestly it could have been any kind of clear gel for all the effect it had.

I need help!
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

I used this for a week and my skin broke out like crazy, it was awful. Stopped using it as I have sensitive skin and didn't know if I would be allergic like I am to other acne treating products. What do I do? Is this normal? Should I carry on?

Best Treatment I've ever used
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

Half a year ago I had some real problems with my skin. My face was always covered in pimples and clogged pores. I have a pretty sensitive skin -> when I used a wrong product or a product that contains alcohol my face turned red and started to burn. I tried many different products -> some stuff from the pharmacy, natural D.I.Y. masks, Payot, Balea ( DONT USE IT ! ) etc...

Now since some months I use the Cetaphil Cleanser, the Acne.org Treatment + tea tree oil!!! and the Cetaphil Moisturizer.

My skin looks so much better! I still get pimples from time to time, but when I use a little more of the treatment + tea tree oil on those spots or when I use a medicinal clay mask they vanish after some days.

The only thing that I dont like about this treatment is the fact that the towel I use for my face has no colour in it anymore, the treatment kind of burned it away ^^ So yeah, if you buy it then only use one towel for your face and wash it regulary.

Sad that i'm allergic
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

I started the regimen very well, always following the instructions and i didn't have a pimple for 7 weeks! That's was very good but my skin wasn't looking good, at week 8 it was supposed to look less flaky and less red and less dry but it didn't besides my skin was so much darker than it used to so i went to the dermatologist and she told me that i'm allergic :( . I have a very sensitive skin so for all those people with very sensitive skin i suggest them to buy first the small pack to know if you are sensitive to the BP or not. One more thing that i think about using this product is that it takes a lot of time and care besides of avoiding some things. But if you aren't allergic to it good for you. One more sad thing about this is that when you stop using it the acne comes back. Now my dermatologist suggested me Accutane, i hope it works.

Best Benzoyl Peroxide you can buy!!
Reviewed on November 4, 2014

I will tell you now, that you MUST TREAT YOUR SKIN VERY GENTLY ( when i mean gentle, i mean GENTLE!!!!!!). So wash your face very very gently, spread BP gently and moisturise gently. NEVER RUB AND AVOID TOUCHING FACE THROUGHOUT THE DAY AT ALL COST!! This is key to reducing ACNE, the reason why you are on this website.

Pros:

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Soothing gel

Easy to spread

A lot in one bottle

Gets rid of acne

Cons:

Very itchy, quite painful and irritant on the first week (no feeling at all after a week of using)

Should I buy it?

Would recommend instantly if you can get it cheap enough in your country