Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1277 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Should I buy it?
Reviewed on August 27, 2015

As many of you out there, i tried everything. Nothing seemed to help, but one day I came across Acne.org regimen on you tube. So I purchased it and tried it. I followed the instructions step by step, and I even had my alarm to follow the minute precision. However, after one month in the treatment, my face started to flake and I had "wrinkles" around my eyes and everybody around me noticed how bad my skin was. I really hated my skin that period. The problem was that I applied the treatment on all of my face, even the areas that did not need it. I knew that the flakiness was part of the treatment but I still really hated the outcome and so I stopped the treatment. I began moisturizing my face again and I felt a lot better even with acne on my face. Next, I contacted the company and asked for a refund. The lady that replied to me said that this is not about the money and that it's about me. She told me to give it another try and if i still didn't like it, I would still get my refund without returning the product to them. After a lot of thought, I tried it again. However, this time I did not apply it to all of my face, but only to the areas that needed it. I am three months into the treatment and my skin definitely has gotten a lot better. Despite the flakiness that i get, i still continue this product because I know that over time, it will definitely heal my skin. Overall, I want to thank every member on this regimen team, you guys are life savers. Thank you so much.

My advice to you if your deciding whether you should buy this, do it!!! It might be hard in the beginning, but it will pay off down the road.

It's working but I'm nervous
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I've been on the acne.org regimen for 2 weeks now. They say to expect dry, irritated skin in the first week but this has happened to me in the second week. My face feels very hard (as if it's cracking when I move it) and very rough/irritated.

I have only had 1 new cyst in the 2 weeks (I was getting a new cyst daily before I started). I have also noticed my scars look very red and inflamed, but I guess this is just because my whole face is a bit more red than usual.

It's definitely working but i'm a bit nervous about what the BP is doing to my skin in the long term. I have also heard it can thin your skin and cause premature wrinkles/fine lines? Does anybody know if this is true?

Best Product Ever
Reviewed on August 14, 2015

I've been suffering acne since pre adolescent, I'd try everything on the store/pharmacy, but when I used this I saw results in 3 days, in 2 week I was another person!! It's true that it started itching and my skin started having dry spots, but I used extra moisturizer by nights and problem solve! I highly recommend this product!

He sufrido acne desde mi pre adolescencia, he tratado todo lo que esta en la tienda/farmacia, pero cuando use este, miré resultados en 3 días, a las 2 semanas era otra persona!! Es verdad que empezé con comezón y a tener partes resecas, pero use extra humectante por las noches y problema resuelto! Yo recomiendo altamente este producto!

Day 3
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

this is good for clearing acne but because i have combination skin it completely dried out my skin as if i have a sunburn i dont know if its normal for my skin to start itching & burning but i am VERY disappointed in this product & its only been 3 days

by Bre Cubs on 08/14/2015 04:56
It happened to me at first, but I apply more (a lot) moisturizer in the nights and help me a lot, and on the day I use at least protection SPF 30 (société Prime & Defend).
Not a miracle, but definitely helps tremendously
Reviewed on August 10, 2015

I had tried this for about a six months before I ran out and tried to switch to some OTC product. Bad mistake! My skin freaked out and I couldn't wait for my new shipment of "the regimen." I have had acne since I was a teenager, now 32, and haven't really had the income to go to a dermatologist. Therefore, I've been trying OTC or drugstore products forever. I have kept my acne in check for the most part, but haven't really been able to take care of it fully. I would say that I have hormonal acne, that is compounded by extremely large pores and oily/combination skin. This treatment definitely kept my acne in check and has cleared up a lot. I still have the occasional zit, but it isn't a full-on breakout. I have had to change things up a bit from what the recommendations are because of my skin and how I think it is affected. Could be totally wrong, but it has been working for me. After about a week or two, I have been only using the lotion during the day. I also use a washcloth with the cleanser to use as an exfoliate, planning on getting a Clarisonic-type device, but this works for now. But with my large amount of acne scarring (not just hyper-pigmentation, but actual scarring) and large pores, I have to have found that I need some type of actual physical exfoliate, besides just chemical exfoliates to keep my pores clean. I have found that a physical exfoliate can help with dry skin that can result, and also clog my pores, from the benzoyle peroxide. The lotion in "the regimen" is very gentle and so is the cleanser. I had tried the regimen before, but ended up buying an exfoliate cleanser from the drugstore as well because I felt I needed one for my particular skin, I've found the washcloth works even better. May not be for everyone because everyone's skin is different, but I feel it definitely helps me. Planning on trying the AHA soon to see if that my help with some of the hyper-pigmentation and scarring I still have, so we'll see. I know that some of the scarring will always be, unless I get a laser or surgical procedure, but maybe it'll help a little. All in all I've found this treatment to be the most effective I've tried so far, especially since I haven't been to a dermatologist since I was a teenager.

Seeing results within 4 days
Reviewed on August 10, 2015

My acne is mild, slight redness. I was on proactive and it made my skin worse. My face burnt a lot. So I switched to acne org. Ive been on the regimen for 4 days & im seeing results already!! amazing product! Thank you so much for this procuct. Real life saver for an insecure teen like me. Very affordable too!

Works like a charm.
Reviewed on August 3, 2015

I've been using this along with the other two products in the regimen for about two years. I had tried Proactiv, and while that worked to fight big zits for me, I ended up having a ton of closed comedones- my face had the texture of the back of a Crunch bar. The cleanser and moisturizer are good, but this product is where the magic happens. My skin is now a thousand times better than what it used to be however I still wouldn't consider myself 100% clear. Maybe a solid 85%. I still get acne, albeit not in the form of large zits anymore, and I still have many scars from fighting acne for so long. If you have oily skin, this product is guaranteed to make you even more oily. It doesn't bother me too much nowadays, as I'd much rather prefer to look oily but clear rather than have any acne. Plus, all it takes to fight the shine is to dab my face with toilet paper once or twice a day to get any excess oil off of my face.

Also, for me, getting results was a much slower process than the 3-4 months the regimen promises, even when I almost never missed application. However, out of the many over-the-counter treatments I've tried, the regimen is the only thing that has truly worked for me. Other factors such as my age (19, puberty almost over?), the fact that my diet has changed a lot over the past two years (much less junk food, no soda), I started getting active, have been drinking much more water, i NEVER touch my face, and also I change my pillowcase daily probably all also contribute to me clearing up substantially.

AMAZING!!!!
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

This is just amazing. I have no other words for this product. I have used PanOxyl benzoyl peroxide but the results weren't as good as this! I have been following the regimen for only 2 days and I see results already! I am so excited to see how my skin looks after a month. Thank you so much Dan for making such wonderful products.

with time THIS WORKS COMPLETELY
Reviewed on July 21, 2015

I have never written an online review about anything, but I had to about this product.

My skin first started flaring up when I was in sixth grade. My acne worsened until about 9th grade when I discovered AcneFree products. This got rid of my acne quick and kept me relatively clear for about four years. now fast forward to me in college, and all of a sudden, without warning, my terrible middle school acne returned with a vengeance. The acne free stopped working for me entirely, and I was plagued with large pimples on my forehead and chin, and millions of tiny whiteheads covering my cheeks. I picked at all my pimples and then had my face covered in pimples AND scabs. I never let my family or boyfriend see me without makeup, even though makeup did little to help, just made me look caked up. I cried almost every night and tried everything under the sun. I tried birth control, the acnefree severe kit, african black soap, LUSH products, turmeric, honey, lemon juice, and basically every drug store acne kit you could think of. Every method I used, I also used acne.org to find reviews of the product. which is how I found out about the regimen. After trying literally everything I finally gave up and decided to try it. my experience matched what the regimen said it would almost completely. after a month I cleared a lot, no new pimples, then I added the AHA+ to my regimen and the scars have lightened signifigantly and now on the fourth month, I havent gotten a pimple in a month. Even when im on my period. My skin COMPLETELY cleared which i did not know what possible. I have my skin back! I can go swimming again and work out and sweat without feeling ashamed and not have to put on makeup before leaving my bedroom every morning. If you are looking for a definitel sign to buy this product THIS IS YOUR SIGN. i am so grateful for my skin (right in time before I transfer to a new university) it definitely dried me out the first two months, almost to the point where I wanted to stop using it. My skin was itchy and peeling and kind of gross. but adding jajoba oil (I didnt use the acne.org oil, i bought some from the supermarket) to the moisturizer definitely helped significantly. So anyways, yes this works. no, not overnight. but it works and consistently.

Benzoyl
Reviewed on July 3, 2015

I am so ooooooo in love with this product!!! I've struggled with acne and dark spots since I was 14, and I am now 28. My break outs have calmed down over the years to where only at that time of the month I would breakout. I stumbled upon the mentioned of Acne.org when watching an YouTube guru rave about this regimen. I was spectacle about trying this product at first because years of trying drugstore products, proactive, and Murad. My dark spots we're mainly from using Murad, that product made a little situation into to a nightmare. I broke out so bad that my skin was sensitive and cystic acne occurred for months. Once the cystic acne cleared up I was left with a face full of dark scars. For fourteen years these scars have not gone away until I came in contact with this miracle worker here. I purchased only the cleanser, the treatment, and AHA+, and used my own store bought oil free facial moisturizer that my face was use to and did not make me break out. Starting the regimen twice a day, I saw immediate results in 2 days. Pimples I had disappeared within a day or two and those big stubborn ones 3 or 4 max and stayed away. Then within the 5th and 6th day I noticed the dark spots vanishing. I've been using this regimen for 2 weeks tomorrow and already my skin is breakout free, the dark spots has vanished in areas and on my cheeks, jaw and chin where it was the most damage are fading away. I couldn't believe the results, but when others start to see the improvements in my skin and this new glow, I knew then that I found a holy grail to my new skin care regimen. I really think the treatment is the Golden child in this regimen, because I have not used the AHA+ yet cause of the recommended time to use in months time of start of regimen I only think things will continue to only get better. I am such a believer in this regimen that I went ahead and subscribed for the long term and recommended to everyone I know and even strangers whether they are suffering from acne or not. I am so happy I found this regimen because at 28 years old I've found the confidence I lost 14 years ago and I owe the Acne.org family for that and I am forever Greatful ☺

by Rukhsarfatma on 07/09/2015 10:57
I live in india, kolkata and have ordered cleanser, the treatment and moisturizer on 6th of july 2015. M quite impressed wd ths product by wtchng everyone's review in youtube nd m hopeful it will cure my acne as well as scars due to acne. I checked out shipping status of my product and i got to knw that it wl reach me wd in 2-6 weeks. M dying to receive it as soon as possible. Hope it will nt take too much tym in delivery.