Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1299 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

The best benzoyl peroxide I've ever tried!!
Reviewed on February 9, 2016

You would think all BPs would be the same...but every other benzoyl peroxide I have used leaves my skin raw and blistered without reducing breakouts. I only write reviews when I love a product and the acne.org BP is so great for me! I can apply this every night without irritation/major dryness (an impossible feat with any other brand of BP) and best of all it clears up breakouts 100%. I have been using this for about a year now in conjunction with any face wash and the cetaphil moisturising lotion.

I should add that I don't get cystic pimples anymore since taking roaccutane (a.k.a. accutane) but my skin will still have the occasional breakout without this product. I never tried this BP prior to roaccutane either but I really wish I had...that drug was not easy to take!

This product really help my skin
Reviewed on February 3, 2016

I starded using benzoyl peroxide three years ago, . After one year with the other products, i can say i have better results in my skin, this bennefits very much, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, finally.... im so freakin' happy, love you acne.org

it works
Reviewed on January 29, 2016

i have been using this benzoyl 2.5% for 1 year and it works for me it doent dry my face off but it doesnt clear all 100% but im happy with the result and will continue use it

good for acne skin
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

i have very very oil skin and I had suffered from Acne problem and i had tried a lot of things before i found this and after been using this for 1 month it cleared my skin but dont overus cuz it could dry out your skin

Clears Skin. Gets rid of Acne.
Reviewed on January 12, 2016

I've had acne for about 8 years, but until last year, it was under control. I used Proactiv mostly, which I do not recommend (I wrote another review on their products). I stopped using benzoyl peroxide last year to see if I 'grew out' of acne, but I was sorely mistaken. The worst acne I've ever had sprung up, so I went and tried acne.org treatment, which includes a cleanser, benzoyl peroxide, and a moisturizer. The cleanser and moisturizer ended up making things worse. I incorrectly went to try so-called 'natural' things, yet that failed as well.

I had the idea of simply going back to my old regimen, which was pretty much a Giovanni cleanser, some benzoyl peroxide, and aloe vera. This worked wonderfully, but I have had to follow common sense and trial and error. I worked my way up to following Dan's advice, which ended up being a mistake. This was the part where he states to use TWO pumps or an entire fingers length of benzoyl peroxide. This, no matter how far into the regimen I am, ends up being excessive and makes my face as red as the devils butt. I, personally, only use one pump, which, compared to most companies recommendation, is still plenty. I also put it on my face only when it's convenient, but it's usually in the morning. At night will just be a gentle cleanser, as Dan recommends, and aloe vera. I have to use it daily though. If your face gets really red, like mine, stop using the benzoyl peroxide until the redness goes away. Lets your skin adjust.

The main thing is that benzoyl peroxide takes time to clear your skin. It took me 10 weeks to clear me from acne, and if I stop taking the benzoyl peroxide, just like I did before, it will only cause a huge amount of awful acne to reappear. The benzoyl peroxide gets rid of, initially, and then prevents acne from forming. Benzoyl peroxide just adds oxygen to your skin, which kills the acne as it can't form when oxygen is present. Although, you may gets one or two pimples, but that should be rare. You can't become immune to benzoyl peroxide, like antibiotics, because that is physically impossible for your skin to become immune to oxygen.

I hope this helps. I wrote this because I came to this site to clear my skin of acne, and now that I did, I thought this review would help those who will also come to this site for help in fixing their acne as well.

Nothing is better than this!
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

Simply the best benzoyl P. on the market. I tried every single one in stores and all garbage. This stuff just soaks into your skin like water and the huge tubes you can't get on stores. Best bang for your dollar too.

Effective & Affordable
Reviewed on December 25, 2015

I have been using this treatment for 3 years now. It works!!!!!! If you're new to this, then you will have to follow the suggested how-to videos... For me right now, I only put a thin layer of the treatment after face is cleansed every single night and I shouldn't have to worry of any breakout...

In order for this treatment to be effective, you have to be consistent, just like any treatment out there. You need to have discipline -- but of course you'll have discipline if you want a clear face, especially if you suffered an awful outbreak...

Careful with colored clothing/towels, this will discolor/bleach it...

Wrinkles, red & peeling face
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

Do not fall for this. I read all the reviews and followed the instructions strictly...one month in it seemed to be clearing up but really really dry. My face was peeling. I used the jojoba oil & moisturizer as presribed...3-4 months in I started getting red rings & dryness around my eyes, the breakouts were still there. My face was really agitated, I even emailed their help representatives for help...no answer. Hydrocortisone cream fixed the rings but the dryness was still there. I finally decided to stop since it was getting out of hand. I slowly wayned my self off of this product, endured a massive breakout but my skin is almost back to normal and much better than on the product. I like the moisturizer & jojoba but the BP was intense...way too intense. Save your money, skin & time. Who wants self induced wrinkles at 27?

Good
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

Dries out my skin a little bit but works wonders!

2-3 Months to clarity
Reviewed on December 16, 2015

This gel really does work the only things you need are patience & time. I've used benzoyl peroxide a good portion of my life (15-22 years old). Last year I decided to give my skin a break from it since it was soooo clear. I had baby skin and would get compliments every single day for how soft my skin looked & was. About 3 to 4 months after I stopped using benzoyl peroxide my skin FLIPPED out. I had a ton of tiny whiteheads everywhere and then started with gigantic cysts all over. I tried using natural products, sulphur masks, different face washes even retin-A but my face was crazy. I knew deep down that the benzoyl really works so I purchased a tube this October and patiently waited for results. What I noticed:

My skin took about one month to get back into the benzoyl peroxide (as it was no longer used to it)

I was extremely flaky and my face burned for the first month

Starting with less product during the first month helps

Also wanted to share what products I am using along side the benzoyl peroxide treatment which I use twice a day (morning & night):

Makeup remover (BEST EVER): Bioderma Sensitive Skin SENSIBIO H2O

Cleanser (morning): Spectro Gel (Purple one without fragrance)

Cleanser (night): Dior Snow Cleanser White Reveal Gentle Foaming

Cream (day & night): Bioderma Atoderm PP Baume (SUPER MOISTURIZING + hypoallergenic)

Serum for scarring (day & night + this is AMAZING): Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum

Makeup (best for acne prone skin): BareMinerals Original (not the matte one)

I have also been using the Clarisonic day and night as I find it helps with the dryness.

I am almost 3 full months in and my skin is great! I still get a few here and there but it is not nearly as bad as it was when the initial freakout happened. Some of these products are expensive BUT the quality of the products are like no other. These products combined with the benzoyl peroxide will bring you clear skin, it really just takes time. Changing your diet and intaking lots of fruits and veggies will also speed up the process. Water Water Water.

Good luck :)