Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1442 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

A product that actually works
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

I've been using the benzoyl peroxide for about 2 months now, and I'm as good as clear except from a few zits that occurs here and there. It's truly a miracle worker, and I've become so much more confident now that my skin is clearer. Allready the first week I saw significant improvement! I used the benzoyl peroxide together with a moistirizer and cleanser that was not in the regimen, but it still worked great for me. I really recommend this product!

Best product I've ever used
Reviewed on June 21, 2017

22 y/o male, struggled with acne for 10 years, tried tons of other products and regimens (Tazorac, antibiotics, BPO 6-10% cleansers, Proactiv, Caveman/water-only methods, no shave, etc.). Nothing worked like this -- it is consistent, convenient, easy to use, and non-irritating. Consistency has been the best part -- I have not had to deal with the ups-and-downs of feeling relatively clear one day and then breaking out bad a few days later.

Before starting this product, I struggled with random acne on my forehead, sometimes on the corners of my upper lips and around my cheekbones and jawline, and problem areas on the sides of my chin. I would say that my acne over the past year was moderate -- large, painful ones were not uncommon, though I never had any areas that were consistently covered with spots. Since the start of using this product 4 weeks ago, I have had 2 distinct breakouts that lasted a few days and seemed like old problem areas finally clearing up. Since then, nothing major at all. When I do get a zit, it has been just a single one, with minimal inflammation, that is easy to pop gently and then dries and clears quickly.

I use Acne.org's 2.5% BPO once daily after cleansing with soap in the shower and allowing my face to air dry (no towel). Occasionally, if I have an early AM shower and an evening shower, I do use the treatment twice. I always use just a dab -- more than a pea-sized amount, but not much more. When the BPO has dried, I lightly moisturize. My cleanser is Dove's Sensitive Skin Bar soap; my moisturizer is Olay Complete SPF-15. I shave with Dorco twin-blade razors (very cheap online, non-irritating, close shave). I use Aveeno Therapeutic Shave gel, which smells nice and feels rich and natural. I do not use any products in my hair -- no shampoo, no gel or wax.

I started using this product about 3 and a half weeks before my college graduation, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I woke up on graduation morning, looked in the mirror, and was greeted by clear skin that made me smile at myself like a doofus. One of the biggest challenges in my life that has felt so out of my control for so many years is finally just a minor thing for me. I couldn't be happier.

Something finally works!!!
Reviewed on June 21, 2017

I have been using this product for about 4 months now. I purchased the "regimen kit" it come with the cleanser and moisturizer as well. I AM SO HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE! I have had mild acne my whole life. In the "T-zone" it's not enough to go to a dermatologist, but it is enough to always feel self conscious, and to rarely like pictures of myself. I am (32 years old) a 1st grade teacher and a student said "do you have chicken pox on your face?" I decided that was my last break-out! I was so annoyed that even my student noticed my stupid acne!

Anyways, I don't usually write reviews for things. But I am so happy that my face has finally cleared up! My pores feel tighter. I never suffered from any bad side-effects.

I could feel my pores "getting tighter" after the first use! (I don't know if that's actually what happened but it felt like it). I noticed my face getting clearer about 1-2 months of use. Now, 4 months later My face is clear! If I ever get a zit, it is extremely small, unnoticeable, and only stays for 1-2 days. It usually happens around my monthly cycle, and only on my chin.

Oh! I also recommend watching the short instructional video on this website and following the washing instructions! That has also made a huge difference!

Sorry for the long post. But I am SO HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE!

Thinking of quitting bp after two months.
Reviewed on June 17, 2017

I've been using this for almost 2months now.. all the whiteheads and blackheads are gone, but there're few cystic acne (big red bumps) started to appear on my face and it's hard to get rid of them although i used generous amount of bp(especially on my forehead).. After they disappear, another new big red bumps reappear. Urghhh so i have to pop it out after seeing its 'head' so it won't grow bigger and bigger. Bp is good for small bumps, but not for big red bumps.

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 23:04
have u tried on front neck area? was curious if it irritates
Kills acne
Reviewed on June 16, 2017

Best version I have used so far even better than prescription given to me.

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 23:03
have u tried on front neck area? was curious if it will irritate
Adore it- even great for ultra sensitive skin
Reviewed on June 15, 2017

I was Leary of trying any type of skin care regimen but I am so, so glad I did. I'm 24 and have always struggled with my skin (I have absurdly sensitive skin too) and after getting past the first week and a half of the acne.org regimen (skin was pretty red and itchy), I stuck with it and I cannot believe the results. My skin actually looks pretty! And I don't have to wake up guessing if I'll have a bad or good skin day! Love this and I will keep using it forever.

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 23:06
have u tried it on front neck acne? was curious if it irritates
LIFE CHANGER
Reviewed on June 15, 2017

This has legit changed my life. Best product in the entire world. Cleared my skin in weeks, and one year later continues to keep it clear. One of the best things to happen to me!

Helps with acne but dries your skin out like crazy
Reviewed on June 13, 2017

I have been using this for about a month and a half, once a day (after the acne.org cleanser). I started with small amount and gradually increased the dose. I tried using it twice a day after 2 week but my skin got very irritated and red so now i just use it once a day (at night) It works great with drying out acne but there is a lot of flaky skin around the perimeter of my face. I use the acne.org moisturizer but it doesn't seem to get rid of the flakiness caused by BP. But over all this is a great product if you use enough moisturizer.

by leahh0805 on 06/14/2017 20:09
have u tried it on the front neck area? wondering if it will irritate it
by alina. on 06/17/2017 00:29
no I have not tried it on the neck area, but from what I know i think that it will just get a little dry. (as long as you use the moisturizer it should be good.)
Aggressive flaking, and redness...Is it working or not?
Reviewed on June 11, 2017

I started using this regimen about 2 weeks ago, and already my face looks horrible than what it did before I started. My acne hasn't worsened but my face is super dry, flaking, and 2 shades darker than before (around the eyes, nose, and mouth area). I'm trying not to give up on this regimen quite yet because I've been battling with acne, and mild hyper-pigmentation for years now, and after 101 products I've used I thought this would be the answer to my problem! How can I fix this before I completely stop using it?

by Pamela29 on 06/14/2017 14:12
for the first 4 weeks,your scne should be worsened becaused the benzoel take the acne out ,because it benzoel has oxygen so keep on using .u will see the results in 3 months time.dont lose hope acne regimen works
by leahh0805 on 06/14/2017 20:10
have u tried it in the front neck area? was curious if it would irritate it
by Sbaack272 on 06/15/2017 06:02
Keep using it, just avoid those tender areas. I say if you don't get acne there, don't put it there. I focus on my T-zone and stay away from under my eyes and close to my mouth. Hope it works for you! My skin was dry, irritated and itchy for the first two weeks but now I have no issues. My skin looks awesome.
by BijouNut on 06/16/2017 07:52
Update: Acne is still somewhat the same. Added another moisturizer to my regimen (Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with SPF15) but I mixed both that, and the acne.org moisturizer and finally I can notice the dry skin coming off. My face is now adjusting, and now hoping for more results soon..
by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 16:47
have u tried it on front neck area? was curious if it would irritate
by SaltyBiscuit on 06/23/2017 05:13
@leahh0805 Yes, I tried it on my neck for 2 months now, because i used to had acne there. Its reallllly itchy but clearing up so fast! so i just bare with the itchy and the willing to scratch. lol.
favorite treatment
Reviewed on June 8, 2017

I've used the acne regimen kit awhile back before, but stopped once I ran out of cleanser. I didn't have too many breakouts, mostly hormonal & a lot of hyperpigmentation & made my skin look worse than what it really was. I love skincare & love taking care of my skin but for some reason my skin was not loving me back. I would have so much texture and whiteheads, stubborn pimples. I've tried soo many things with no results & it just did not want to work. I still had benzoyl peroxide left, so I decided to use it again. I've been using it for about a week and my face is significantly more smooth! When I wash my face, I don't feel anymore texture & it makes me so happy! I had some breakouts on my cheek and they were gone in about 3 days & I have no active breakouts. This benzoyl peroxide is truly amazing :) I ordered the kit again, this time with AHA, so I'll see how that goes!

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 16:39
have u tried it on the front neck area? was curious if it would irritate it
by SturdySupper on 06/21/2017 18:30
@leahh0805 yes, kind of. I applied it to my lower jaw/under the chin area and the top part of my neck was itchy, irritated and red and it stayed like that for a day or 2. Now I just avoid going too far down. Hope this helped!