Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1222 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

finally I found the best combination!
Reviewed on December 19, 2014

I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!! I have spent thousands, I have put myself through so much pain with different procedures and shed so many tears. I eat better than anyone I know so I have never understood why I had acne. I didnt want to socialise and sometimes didnt go to work because I was so embarrassed! I have finally found what works for me! Firstly this product applied as a spot treatment and do not pick! It causes more to come up. I also drank a tea called Tea With Me I followed the steps advised and I finally have clear skin! I am so happy and grateful. Its an Australian brand [link removed].au

I finally feel beautiful again :)

ONLY thing that works
Reviewed on December 19, 2014

I wear makeup every single day. I'm talking full-face makeup every weekday morning and even on weekends. This is the only thing that has helped me control my acne and maintain new ones from forming. I was on a strict regimen every morning and night. Everyone always asks me how I am able to keep my skin so clear with all the makeup products I use. Makes me feel so good and confident that I finally have a good system down where even though I put chemicals on my face I am still able to clean it off with Acne.Org regimen. I've noticed a huge difference after I finished the regimen, I broke out especially on my forehead. I was also under a lot of stress, (losing a baby and losing my home)... it just kept getting worse. I used PanOxyl as a substitute until I had enough to purchase the regimen again. Today is the day I do that because my acne is going CRAZY on me! I haven't worn foundation for a few months how insane is that! I need this regimen back in my life... so today is the day I get my acne back in control. And no worries about my stress levels, I'm controlling that as well :)

Not worth it
Reviewed on December 6, 2014

I have been using benzaclin for 5 years now for my cystic acne and since my insurance was going to change that meant the prescription would be $200 everytime i needed some more. So i decided to try out this stuff. It just made my skin worse. I stuck with it for a month or so, I wasnt even able to absorb it either. So i switched back to benzaclin and im already noticing a huge difference after 1 week. Never again will i try the cheap stuff to try and save some money. Instead of buying this garbage go to a dermatologist instead its way better than otc crap

by akau on 12/12/2014 16:39
This product is helpful or not
It works! :)
Reviewed on November 29, 2014

Downside first: It dries out your skin, so moisturize and avoid eye area!

Upside: It has almost completely stopped my breakouts. I've been using this for 6 months, but saw results within the first few weeks.

I truly wish I would have given this a chance earlier. I've had moderate acne for around 10 years, and it would have saved my skin from a lot of scarring.

Advice: When moisturizing after this treatment (even after you let it dry), don't moisturize the under-eye area with the lotion you've just been spreading around your face. Some of the BP mixes with that lotion, and you don't want that getting anywhere near the delicate skin around you eyes. If you want to hydrate the eye area, wash you hands first and then apply your moisturizer to that area.

my holy grail
Reviewed on November 27, 2014

I've lived with mild to moderate to severe acne & back again since 1989 (probably before many of you reading this review were born). I wouldn't say I've tried everything, but I've tried enough--certainly almost every over the counter product under the sun, along with the ubiquitous home remedies. Many of which did nothing & a few that made matters worse. I'd mostly given up on Benzoyl Peroxide after burning the crap out of my face time after time. Never again! Then a few years ago I read the book Breaking Out by Lydia Preston, & decided to give that evil, evil BP just one more shot. I wasn't expecting much, except to hopefully not burn the crap out of my face yet again. This time, however, I took a more measured approach than in times past. I gradually worked my way up to the acne.org BP by first using Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask every other day. It wasn't easy, but it was worth it. The itching is intense at first, but I was able to distract myself during this 'hardening off' period in my skin & now I'm able to apply the acne.org BP without a single side effect. (Except the unavoidable bleaching of clothes & towels--small price to pay imo, & hey, the ombre look is in, right?) I mostly use it once a day, at night, unless I have some sort of monthly situation that us ladies sometimes do. What I like about the acne.org BP is pretty much in the description: it's a gel that spreads/absorbs easily without added fragrances, etc. It's pretty much the only product I use in winter, aside from moisturizer. Simple.

Amazing Product !
Reviewed on November 26, 2014

Most effective product I've ever used! I completely cleared my severe acne with this along with 2 cystic pimples. I had mild to moderate acne during May but then my breakouts and acne got worse and worse. It was to the point where it hurt so bad to touch my face. I recieved this product August 2nd and let me just tell you, in the beginning, your skin will be so dry and flakey! It was really hard to put makeup on over the acne because of the dryness. Don't let that drag you away though! After about a month or so, the flakeness went away and almost all my acne was clear! Now 3 months later, my skin is completely clear from acne. All I have left on my skin is red hyperpigmentation but I have been using the AHA+ and it's helping so much. My skin is bright and so smooth. Hopefully they go away once I start using a dermaroller! Thank you so much Acne.org !!!! :)

Love this stuff
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

For anyone using this stuff , don't give up just because your skin may get worse at 1st , mine did . I started using this along with cetaphil gentle wash 8-2014 and even after a month I still was not seeing results , face was still horrible , I messaged Dan and he suggested using more of the benzoyl peroxide , but I said well my face is already peeling , he said use more of the lotion and suggested to add some jojoba oil to the moisturizer so I did and by end of sept my face look allot better , its taken some time for some of the old acne to go away but I'm so pleased with how clear my chin is compared to what It was. I was to the point I didn't want to socialize at all and now I feel so much better about myself. I wash 2 times a day with the cetaphil gentle wash and follow the rest of the steps dan has and it works. I make sure I wait the 15 min after applying the ben 2.5 before adding moisturizer . After washing I usually wait till I can feel that my skin Is dry , usually 5 min or longer . Try my best to be as gentle as possible when doing it all.

Great BP Treatment but Be Cautious
Reviewed on November 20, 2014

When my acne got bad, benzoyl peroxide cured it, there is no question. Not lemons, not vinegar, benzoyl peroxide. Fortunately now I am in a position where my skin has improved and my body is in balance so I am quitting BP all together and keeping my acne under control with aforementioned lemons and vinegar. But my god, when your skin is in a real state, nothing will clear it up as quickly as BP will. Stick out the redness, and build up slowly, your skin will be freakishly dry at first but you will adjust. Dans BP is 2.5% which is ideal, the formula is smooth and gel-like and you get a gigantic amount for your money (I still haven't got through the stuff and its been 4 months.) But one thing I will say is that although this will probably "cure" your acne, it is not something you should be shovelling all over your face twice a day. It's a serious chemical and should be treated that way. Yes, use BP when your skin is messed up, but when you're getting back to normal, slowly wean yourself off and try out some of the natural remedies reviewed on this site. Have you noticed how high the reviews are for things as simple as lemons and potatoes?

it's okay..
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

Worth to try it.. but don't except too much. makes skin peels and dry, just not working well.

Try a different approach
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I've tried so many products, but they simply mask acne. A change in diet saved my skin.

See the bigger picture, whats your body trying to tell you?

For anyone interested in taking a different approach at skincare and improving your complexion from the inside out check out the power of Juice Plus. For less than a cup of coffee/day. It's a lifestyle change :)

Message me, I'd be happy to share!

by shaun84 on 12/04/2014 11:54
Hi can you pls email the juice plus to sazzopardi84@[link removed] as i am interested Thanks Shaun