Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1337 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

BEST acne treatment
Reviewed on May 27, 2016

By far the best acne treatment i have ever used man and i've tried nearly them all.

For the First Time in My Life
Reviewed on May 26, 2016

For the first time in my life, I can honestly say that this treatment provides the best results I have ever seen. I have tried everything. I used to have a cleanser and a treatment and a lotion. Changing one thing at a time or using just one of the three for sometimes weeks at a time to figure out what does and doesn't work "long term" was wasting so much time, and took so much of my money and effort! With this treatment, I can stop searching. Thank you for giving me the key to clarity!

good
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

I have had horrible cystic acne for years and this product works good

Just when I thought it was working....
Reviewed on May 24, 2016

I'm new to the Acne.org regimen - it's been about ten days for me. Initially I had slight itchiness when I started using the BP but it was really minimal and not really bothersome. I was concerned because I tried Proactiv a few years ago and woke up the next day after the very first application and my was face was very swollen, patchy, itchy, and burned like crazy. It was unbearable! I consider myself to have sensitive skin and am mindful of that when I try new products. I'll also say that I have mild to moderate acne. I can usually manage with a spot treatment but my main issue is hyper-pigmentation. I have a medium brown complexion and when I say my skin (all over my body) scars/bruises easily I mean it. It's super annoying. That said, I wanted to try acne.org because I heard about the amazing results people had been getting. Like I said my response to the BP was fine. I followed the regimen as instructed...until today. Friday marked a week of usage for me. I was fine with the one application of BP a day. When I upped it to twice a day Saturday I almost instantly notice by skin was super dry, tight, and chapped looking. I was, and still am, disappointed and frustrated. I realize that maybe I responded that way for a few reasons: (1) the acne.org regimen calls for A LOT of BP, it seems like too much , (2) Also, perhaps because my acne is on the mild side, it was too much with the twice a day application of the BP, (3) It's likely that in addition to the increase in frequency of the application I applied too much of the BP. I won't write the BT off completely because it did clear up a few pimples I had on my face. However, I have decided to stop the regimen until I can better manage the moisture in my skin. I just cannot deal with the dryness. I'm hoping with discontinuation of the products and applying a liberal amount of a good moisturizer a few times a day my skin will regulate. Once that's done I will begin the acne.org regimen again but with only one BP application a day and a very small (pea sized) amount of it. I will slowly increase the dosage but with a much more watchful eye. I want to give it a try so I can work my way up to be able to use the glycolic acid since I mainly want to address my hyper-pigmentation. Any tips of restore the moisture in my skin? Did anyone else experience this and how did you manage? How did your skin react when you introduced the AHA? Thanks in advance!

by 460021_1443952638 on 05/26/2016 23:45
Hello ChicCockatoo, I finished an entire bottle of the 24 oz treatment. I wanted to try the treatment by itself and see what it would do just by changing one variable. I also have sensitive skin and hyper pigmentation, as well as moderate acne. I have slightly oily skin but these are the things I noticed about the treatment: When I did it once a day it didn't really make a difference, at first, but then I noticed a slow change. I started doing it twice a day and it made my face feel chapped and dry as well, but I added a drop of the jojoba oil in my treatment and it was extremely helpful. Currently, I use cetaphil cleanser, not the sensitive skin one, even though I have sensitive skin because I personally notice there is a difference on my skin. This seems to be my winning combination.
Its ok
Reviewed on May 23, 2016

Guys acne treatments dry out your skin its normal just try to moisturize your skin

Try BP if you haven't already!
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I have normal, non-sensitive skin. I've had acne for about 4 years, and I feel so dumb for not having tried BP beforehand. Now, as you people may already know, this stuff kills the bacteria deep within your pores that causes acne. If bacteria is one of the main causes for your acne, this should positively affect your skin.

I got BP from acne.org because it is cheap (there is A LOT of it, so that's why it seems expensive, but it's actually cheaper in the long run than buying multiple small tubes) and there are not too many ingredients.

I use BP as a spot treatment and after getting acne.org's BP, also apply it all over my face really lightly. For me, BP takes effect immediately in all kinds of acne: whiteheads, inflamed pimples, cystic acne, you name it. I feel like it worked best on whiteheads, though.

I also use BP to prevent acne; e.g. I always get a zit over my mouth once a month around my period, but after I began to apply BP really lightly over the area like once in three days, I haven't gotten any since then.

Since using BP, I have gotten a significantly lower number of flare-ups, as new pimples do not make it to the point where it starts to become inflamed. BP usually kills it as it rises or most likely prevents it before it forms.

I personally don't think you need to use as much as acne.org tells you to; that might be overly irritating and very drying.

ANYWAY, definitely try Benzoyl Peroxide if you haven't, even if it's not from acne.org! I started off with the cheap CVS 2.5% one to test it out. It really makes a difference and I'm seeing hope for clear skin. I've never been so happy with how much my skin is improving. It kills acne bacteria. It just makes sense to try. I seriously cannot understand why I haven't. If I could go back in time, I would hand myself a tube of BP before I got all these scars.

My face looks dirty
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

I started the regimen last week and I do see my face clearing up but my face looks dirty. My skin texture looks weird and patchy because the dirt and peeling from the benzoyl peroxide. I know I'm not suppose to exfoliate and I should wait a month for the aha+ but my complexion looks horrible, my face looks another color than my body. I want to know if i can exfoliate with sugar and honey to scrub the dead skin off.

by Smooth_As_A_Babies_Butt on 05/23/2016 06:42
Do not! Basically I had a fairly long reply typed out for a word of advice to you and it got deleted. I still wanted to let you know. Don't worry about it. Do not exfoliate with scrubs. Don't over wash. Don't worry about it. The BP works but if you use it regularly it is harsh. You just need to take a heal day or maybe two. Just make sure you stop every now and then to let your face recover. Get a really great heavy moisturizer. Wash with a gentle cleanser that will not only be super gentle, but will restore your faces natural pH. (this helps in absorption of the moisture and in aiding natural antibacterial qualities within the skin) and just slather on the best noncomedogenic moisturizer you can find. You just need to heal. Absolutely 100% do not use the AHA until you are very accustomed to the BP treatment and DO NOT use it too often. Your skin has acne and it needs to be medicated, but it is still skin. You need to be gentle with it and not overdo it. Overfishing, overmedicating, scrubbing, etc. will just make it worse. You will look worse, feel worse, and hate life.
Has this happened to you??
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

It's the beginning of 2 weeks using the full regime and my face has cleared beautifully but I'm noticing my face is now darker than the rest of my skin tone.. I have a Olive skin tone so it's not like my face doesn't turn red when irritated... Contemplating whether I should continue with the treatment. Has anyone else experience this??

by SaraWold on 05/13/2016 07:09
Oh my goodness yes! I have been using the full regimen for a week and I no new pimples have formed but my face seems dirty. It is darker than the rest of my body and I think I should exfoliate but idk.
by JustanotherMarian on 05/15/2016 15:38
Happened to me also. I've been using this and the regimen and noticed that my skin color seems to be darker. Right now I'm looking for skin brightening/lightening products which would hopefully help me get back my original color lol and to also lighten my red spots :(
by choco_latte on 05/16/2016 02:58
Maybe you tanned a little because BP makes you more sensitive to UV rays?
by nadiahamied on 05/24/2016 14:54
i experienced the same thing! i have an olive skin tone and i noticed around my mouth and chin area that my skin colour had darkened! i lowered my BP dosage and moisturized the area regularly with the moisturizer that it comes with and after 2 days i noticed that it gradually started to go back to its normal colour again. i've been using it for a week. i guess it because our faces don't go red/pink so when our skin is irritated and trying to adjust it just appears darker, but as your skin adjusts the colour should go back to normal
Good spot treatment as well.
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

I don't have acne anymore but I sometimes get from time to time and this works as a good spot treatment for them.

This stuff obviously works
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

Just do this before you do anything else and you will see the results you're seeking. Follow the regimen EXACTLY as told on this site and give it a fair trial of at least three months and you will have to see the results you're seeking. This will dry you're face out which is exactly why you need to use Daniel Kern's regimen as well. Good luck!!