Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1386 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

In progress
Reviewed on September 22, 2016

So I started the 3 part regimen a month ago and after 2 weeks my small comedomal acne on my forehead almost completely cleared up. However my comedomal acne around my mouth got really inflamed and irritated and I had horrible break outs for 2-3 weeks. I knew it was working and i hoped it was just the initial breakout phase to get used to the product. Now at the end of the first month my forehead is completely clear and around my mouth are a lot smaller and less bumpy BUT the area around my mouth is VERY red and looks scarred (I think from the initial breakout phase) and it is really dry and flakey and its taking a lot longer to clear than my forehead which is upsetting. Some times I take a day break from it when it's unbearably flaky. I took a break and then I took some last night and I woke up to itchy inflamed pink skin (a sensitive reaction) so I'm worried that I'm becoming sensitive to it. So should I continue through the flaky and itchy skin or should I take a week break from it and start again?

by cloudydreamer on 09/24/2016 23:29
Hmm...it sounds like your forehead is more oily than your mouth area. This is super common. Different products can be used on different parts of your face. Overmedicating your mouth area will only make your skin worse and could cause oil to overproduce and worsen your acne. Have you tried a hypersensitive non-medicated wash around your mouth?
Thank you!
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

I honestly was not sure if the regimen would work but I decided to buy the entire kit (that included benzoyl peroxide, cleanser, moisturizer, jojoba oil and glycolic acid).

The benzoyl peroxide is my favorite product because it prevented my acne from getting worse. Slowly my skin was clearing up and eventually my skin was under control. It dried out my skin sometimes but that's what the moisturizer and oil are for. I wish that I would have tried this product before going to the dermatologist and taking medication for my acne and buying other expensive products that only irritated my skin more. The acne.org site is straight to the point, very simplistic and affordable. The kit lasted me two months and I saw result after 2 weeks. I'm just glad that I found not only this product but also the others and I will definitely continue to purchase in the future.

Love hate... But LOVE!
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

This stuff works. It will work as promised and you will see results as promised but 1st it will dry your face out like you'd never imagine! This is part of the process though, so it's worth the endurance once you see the end results. I recommend using this acne.org gel way more than anything you'll find in the drug store. Been there, doesn't work and leaves a white powdery pasty residue on your face. This completely absorbs into the skin. Love!

Pimple Killer!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

In the past, I've used salicylic acid to treat my acne-prone skin. It was for no particular reason, it just seems like drug-store brands use salicylic acid more often than benzoyl peroxide. S.A. was doing nothing for me. After seeing all of the testimonials about the acne.org regimen, I bought this and the glycolic acid. I gave Benzoyl Peroxide 4 stars because it makes my hyper pigmentation stay around longer and it bleached a number of my shirts lol BUT using this with glycolic acid made my skin look THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN! BP kills the pimples while GA kills the hyper pigmentation. Together, they create perfect skin. I will never not have this in my life!

Great product!!
Reviewed on September 19, 2016

This product is great it treats almost all acne! even big cystic ones too ( i don't normally get those) but anyways, there are downsides to a bit 1. YOU WILL FLAKE i mean i flake still and i'm on week 6 of regmine idk if im not moisturizing well enough but i switched moisturizers to cera-ve it's great but i still flake even though i feel hydrated. 2. You get irritated at first but that passes within like 2 weeks of being on it. That's about all the biggest problem i have about this is the flaking, that's the biggest problem i have so far. (can someone recommended to help me with flaking thanks =D ). But, this product is great you'll love just don't give up easy stick through with it and you'll love the results, i already love the results of mine :).

Best acne treatment I have ever used
Reviewed on September 14, 2016

This is more of a review of the whole acne.org treatment plan (benzoyl peroxide, cleanser, and moisturizer) rather than just this product.

TL;DR: If you have acne and want to clear it up, just buy these products. Most likely you will not regret it. Use all three products, do as the instructions say, and stick with it for at least a couple months. I can almost guarantee your skin will clear up.

I had moderate acne when I started using these products. The first few weeks it dried out my skin a bit and caused little white flakes to appear on my face. However, the moisturizer covers that up pretty well. I had huge improvement over the first month, and now the few spots of acne I do get are minimal and clear up within a few days.

Just to put its acne-clearing power into perspective...for about 80% of my time in high school, I had severe acne. It was so bad that I shut down and rarely talked to anyone because I could feel them looking at my face. I was very self-conscious of it. In my senior year of high school, I started using a prescription treatment called amnesteem, which cleared my face entirely, but it was expensive, dried out my face very badly, and could only be used for a short amount of time. The three acne.org products I've been using for over a year are just as effective as amnesteem, cheaper, and don't have permanent negative side effects.

My face is almost as clear as it was when I was a kid, and I have acne.org to thank for it. I cannot give this treatment plan enough praise...I'm just happy something like this even exists in the market.

Haven't brought it yet
Reviewed on September 11, 2016

I am thinking of buying the kit but I have very mild acne with a lot of redness. Do you think it's worth buying it?

IT WORKS!!!
Reviewed on September 10, 2016

I've been on this regimen for almost two months now. I've tried everything from the drugstore to high end but none of them work! I started using the body shop tea tree line and it works for a couple months then i started break out again. I'm very oily and I get acne where I touch my face or if I drink sweet stuffs my acne would purge out. My acne was in control for a Couple of months after I came back from my vacation, my jaw line started to break out and I thought it was normal but then a couple of days later, there was pimples on pimples and it was gross. I wouldn't even go out because I felt so ugly. I came across acne. Org on YouTube and everyone said it works so I decided to try it out. I mean what is the worse could happens. When I first started using it, my face was peeling and dry and itchy. I even email the company and they get back to me the next day said it was normal ( they were super nice). My acne started to clear up the first week but then there was still pimple there and then. I was peeling for a month but THE ACNE ON MY JAW LINE WENT AWAY. I went ahead and added the AHA+ to my routine and the first night it was burning so bad which was normal so I stopped doing that then just add the moisturizer with the AHA+ together. Now my skin is clear but I still break out there and then. Now I'm able to go out with my bareskin because it's clear and it has this natural glow which is nice. I would recommend people with acne to try this because it really work and will worth your money!

WONDERFUL
Reviewed on September 8, 2016

BP was recommended to me by a friend several years ago....now I recommend it to all of my friends.

The only occasional problem I have with it is dryness, but then I just back off & use it just once a day. I notice if I miss several times of application, because then I get a Zit:( I also hate when I get some in my eye...ow!

I too had problems with acne for years as a teenager, and I know that my parents still even get an occasional zit...my future didn't look too promising when it came to a clear face. But since I found BP, my family says my face feels so smooth, it's like a babies':)

One last problem....I want to tell everybody about ACNE.ORG, but it's too awkward to walk up to someone & say, "I see you have bad acne; I can help you with that."! Someone needs to make some stickers, badges, or t-shirts so we can tell the awkward teenager that there is an answer to his/her troubles!

How long to keep the BP on my face????
Reviewed on September 5, 2016

This is my second week in the regime. I am breaking out a bit .I have very very extremely oily skin. I was wondering how long I have to keep the bp on my face before I could wash all of this oil out. I try not to wash my face too much but twice at day doesn't work for me, I have to do at least 3 times with paper blotting in between washes. I know I am not suppose to reapply the second doze before 9 to 10 hours aparts. But I feel that my oily skin is makin me break out more. How many hours I have to keep the bp on my face for it to work???

by Evelynn on 09/10/2016 23:37
The BP doesn't suppose to make u oily! Did u apply it all over your face and with two pumps??
by Isa21h on 09/16/2016 01:30
Yes i am following exactly the instructions. Is that I have naturally extremely oily face and not washing my face at least 3 times a day is almos impossible ... I am using the blotting sheets but still I think that the oil in my face is making me brake out
by Evelynn on 09/17/2016 01:22
:(((( that's crazy!! My face used to be super oily too but when I first started using the BP it's started to dry out and my skin doesn't provide any oil anymore. I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe it's the regimen that's working? Bc it did say that you will break out later on!