Acne.org The Regimen

Average price: $50.20

Brand: Acne.org

Most helpful review

By marie, brooklyn, ny on 04/09/2013

i have been using this system for about 3 weeks and i know its a little soon but i wanted to share my experience so far. My skin started breaking out when i was about 18-19 i am now 23. It was mild to moderate. I have been to several dermatologist and i have tried oral antibotics, which worked great. i dont remember which one it was but my skin in 3 months was beautiful!!BUT i was sick and tired of taking pills. I just felt like the long term effects of taking antibotics would not be worth it. Long story short i tried numerous over the counter products because my acne kept coming back and getting worse and everytime i went to the dermatologist it was just medication after medication of things that just didnt work! i finally had did some research on bp and i started with clean&clear persa gel 10%. i went through hell for the first couple months from redness, dryness i mean i cried a couple times because i was just so fed up with acne. After my skin adjusted to the bp thats what i was using for about a year and it did help clear me up but my skin didnt look flawless and i kept getting new pimples from time to time. I finally stumbled upon this website and dans products. after reading these reviews i finally decided to give it a try. SOOO it has been 3 weeks and i must say i am starting to feel like myself again. i dont wanna jinx it but i am starting to notice improvements. before i started the regimen i stopped using the clean&clear for a couple days so that my skin wouldnt get too crazy. the first week of the regimen was a bit confusing because my skin in the first couple days almost instantly looked better. as the second week began i started to notice my skin purging. now i know nobody wants to deal with this stage but i figured my skin has been so clogged for so long that i just had to deal with it. the reason i didnt get turned off from these products at the moment was because i noticed the purging was mainly happening from the pimples already on my face so i fel.

Pros:
  • cheap, no fragrance,works!
Cons:
  • bp can be drying, takes time (most acne treatment does) for some people buying online can be annoying. (i just stock up) ;)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Member reviews

“Works Better Than Most!”
By on

I am 27 years old and have been suffering from acne and the resulting scars for about fifteen years. It's only gotten worse as I've gotten older, which sucks as someone attempting to look professional. A combination of the acne.org Regimen and mineral makeup have made a huge difference in my life.

My medication history: In high school, I went on birth control and it made my skin look like that of a beautiful newborn baby. So smooth and perfect. A few months after going off of birth control (mood swings and weight gain were killer), the acne came back. Badly. I went on antibiotics in college and they worked great the first time around, but the idea of being on antibiotics for so long made me uncomfortable so I ditched them after a year. Again, acne returned in full force. The next year, I went back on the same antibiotics and they didn't work at all. I then went to a dermatologist and was prescribed a 10% benzoyl peroxide wash as well as an insanely expensive cream to use 2x a day, which I used as directed and it barely worked. After that, I gave up for awhile and just washed my face with whatever salicylic acid product I had lying around. Obviously that didn't do much. About a year ago I bought the acne.org Regimen for the first time and it has worked better than everything else besides the oral medication which I'd rather stay away from. I'm giving the Regimen a 5/5 because it works pretty well for me and I don't use it EXACTLY as directed all the time. There are nights I just don't feel like slathering tons of cream on my face in front of my boyfriend, if you get my drift. And there are mornings I'm in too much of a hurry to wait for all of the products to dry, so I only apply the lotion. As a woman, I'm also able to conceal 95% of my acne with makeup, aided by the acne.org lotion which works really well as a base on which to evenly distribute my foundation (I use Bare Minerals). Again, I don't use this product exactly as directly, but even so I have been very satisfied by the results in combination with a good mineral makeup.

Pros

• Works Very Well
  • Products help my makeup spread more evenly and cover my scars better
  • Almost like a religious ritual

Cons

• Takes a long time for the products to dry
  • Difficult to follow the regimen every day
  • I'm not very attractive at night with a goopy face
  • for about a year
  • $ 45
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Why didn't I try this sooner.”
By on

I’m 16 and have had bad acne since 6th grade year. Sometimes my acne was so bad it looked like I’d thrown a rock into a hornets’ nest, with a professional baseball player’s swing. So, lil’ 11 year ole me just thought I’d put some concealer on my face, but when that didn't work, I started to feel a little ugly and out of place. Seventh grade rolled around and my confidence had plummeted. I hated going out into public, or to a friend’s house. I didn't even feel comfortable in taking the trash down for fear that the neighbors would scream in panic and call Homeland Security! By 8th grade, I had tried so many expensive, in-expensive, rough scrub, soft scrub, oil-free cleanser, oily-cleanser, logical and not-so-logical ingredient products, I was embarrassed to keep count. I had watched YouTube videos and read reviews, and done some very thorough research.

Ninth grade came and went, 10th grade following close behind. Beginning of 11th grade I was still an un-happy but hopeful bee-hive. Then one day I was watching a You-Tuber, who was 3 to 4 years older than me, and she had finally found a happy ending for her skin. Her solution was ‘The Regimen.’

At first I didn't believe it. I doubted the products power. I had tried so many things, I thought, why would this work? Not even magic in a bottle could cure this mess! But, with the last of my ragged hope, I ordered it anyway.

Best decision of my life! Within a week my skin looked airbrushed! It was smooth, clean and cool. I've been using this product for 3 months now and my skin (not to mention me) has been the healthiest it has ever been. The red, irritated inflammation has vanished. I've never felt so beautiful!

“Not for long run”
By on

First of all I want to say, I've been dealing with acne for most of my teen years (I'm 24 now)...since I was 15.....I had REALLY bad acne, so I know how it feels not to want to leave the house and crying in the bathroom over this problem. At 18 I used a product similar to this regiment...helped me a lot....cleared my face 85%...I was really pleased. But acne came back WHEN I STOPPED using it. Cca 2 years (maybe 2.5 ) ago I tried The regiment, my cousin was using it so she ordered some for me to. Same as everybody, redness, itchiness, flaking, and in the end no acne. But when I STOPPED USING, it came back.

So, in terms of "does it work", yes, this product DOES get you rid of acne. It's a hard chemical that kills everything on your skin...so it kills bacteria and acne too. So if you want to get rid of acne, sure, this product will help you.

BUT...

Not good for a long run. Sure it's great to have selfesteem and great skin after using The regiment, but consider the fact that you are putting a harsh chemical on your skin everyday..while in the same time trying to help your skin by using lots of moisturizer. It's like killing a person and then bringing him back to life over and over. And when you stop using it, the acne WILL come back ( lots of people who RECCOMEND this product here also say the same, it comes back ). So you need to ALWAYS be using it. You can't live without it if you want nice skin. So basically, you didn't do anything with this. You didn't cure the problem, your masking it for a while.

And to use this chemical everyday for years...boy...i don't wanna know what your skin is gonna look like when you youngsters turn like 30-40....

And me....I completely changed the way I eat. I eat much more fruit and vegetables, occasionally take some vitamins, dink A LOOOOOT of water, work out....and my skin....it's sooo beautiful. It took me a while by doing all this things but it was worth it. I get a few pimples around my period but the go away when that's over.

So consider whats good for your skin not just in the moment but for the time to come.

Good luck to ya ;)

Pros

• no acne

Cons

• no acne ONLY while using it
  • your skin never gets a break from all the chemicals
  • just a short time solution
  • for about a year
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“The Regimen WILL clear your skin”
By on

Let me be clear: The Regimen WILL clear your skin. Do it EXACTLY as outlined, and it WILL clear your skin. I owe it to Dan (who founded this site, along with The Regimen) to come back and write this review. I started using his products as outlined in The Regimen in May 2008 and it changed my life. I was 23 and had tried seemingly every over-the-counter and prescription drug available. When I first came across this site I ignored it because The Regimen seemed to promote Benzoyl Peroxide, a topical drug I had already used many times. I thought "this may work for people with light acne, but BP is a basic drug, and I need something more powerful." But guess what? I was wrong. I soon realized that although I had already used Benzoyl Peroxide before, I had never used it in a way that can totally eliminate your acne. The Regimen will do that.

I started to notice an immediate improvement when I used it. Still, it took a while to clear my skin. I had a few depressing setbacks and I wasn't completely clear until 4 months later. But from that point on I've been just about 100% clear. It's been 5 years of clear skin. If you do this regimen as outlined, and give it 4 months to work, you'll experience completely clear skin. Most people are totally clear before 4 months, but within that time period it will definitely work. It's been demonstrated scientifically and by thousands upon thousands of people. I'm one of them.

But I can't tell you how annoyed I get by people who say this stuff doesn't work when THEY DON'T USE IT AS DIRECTED! You can't just use a product however you want and then claim it doesn't work. Use it exactly as Dan says and your skin will clear. It's as simple as that.

As for the products themselves, I have always used the official Acne.org products, which are easily the best on the market. They're pharmaceutical grade and designed specifically for The Regimen. Much higher quality than what I've used before, including prescription products. Use as directed and I can absolutely guarantee you won't be disappointed. I owe it to Dan and to all of you to come back here and share this experience. Please, please, please give it a try and use as directed. You won't regret it.

Pros

• The Regimen will clear you up if you USE AS DIRECTED
  • Pharmaceutical grade products, very high quality
  • Best acne products you'll find anywhere

Cons

• BP can bleach certain clothes and fabrics, so be careful
  • Dry and tight skin at the beginning, but this goes away soon
  • for more than a year
  • $ 44
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“it works”
By on

I started using the regimen one year ago. Within 6 weeks my face was completely clear. After a few months I bought the AHA+, which allowed me to only perform the regimen once a day. This worked for a few months but then my skin was not perfectly clear so I had to go back to twice a day. Recently, I ran out of the products for about a month and my skin is not looking good right now. After a week of being back on the regimen, my face is looking better and I know it will bd back to perfect soon!

Pros

• it works

Cons

• drying at first
  • for about a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“A miracle!”
By on

I suffered with serious breakouts on my forehead for about a year. It was absolutely embarrassing! I felt so unconfident in my appearance. I didn't even want to go to school! I tried every drugstore product out there and nothing worked for me. One day when I was on YouTube, I came across a video that changed my life! This girl was raving about these products and I was curious about them so I checked out the website. I ended up ordering it which I was hesitant about at first but i'm so glad I did! The Regimen cleared my skin in less than a week!! Yes, there was some dryness here and there but other than that, it was amazing! I am so happy with this product and will continue to repurchase it again and again! Thank you Dan! You are a lifesaver.

Pros

• Fast clearing
  • No smell
  • Works!

Cons

• Dryness
  • Itchyness
  • Flakyness
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Saved me from my Cystic Acne Nightmare”
By on

Before I started using Acne.org's regimen, I had tried just about everything. From home remedies to every brand, over the counter 1 step, 3 step regimen out there it would seem. I was starting to lean towards trying Accutane because my dermatologist recommended that if my acne persisted I use that even though it was extreme, but my acne was extreme.. and it was persisting.. I used to tell myself that some of my pimples were so large they had their own shadows.. Scary stuff! I had moderate acne from age 16 to 20's and then early 20's I developed horrible cystic acne. It affected my social life, and consumed all my time where I kept looking frantically online and looking everywhere else for solutions, but to no avail until I saw a youtube video where this girl was speaking about using acne.org products, (I have yet to thank her too but should!) and what they had done for her. I was already pretty jaded at this point, but I thought, what the heck I'll look at one more thing that's out there. However, I was very hesitant to buy at first after so many other failures, but after seeing Dan's video and learning the facts, I realized these products had the exact same ingredients than very expensive products I was having to buy, (e.g. epiduo - over 200 bucks, which is JUST the treatment so no cleanser or moisturizer) and the recommendations on how to use acne.org products made sense and I fully believed them such as being gentle with your skin and the time you should wait between using each product. After using acne.org for a couple of weeks, it not only cleared up my skin, reduced shine, (my skin is prone to being oily) but also my life and my confidence improved. It saved me from caking on make-up and from embarrassment time and time again. At one time I was working with kids a lot, and I remember this little girl asked me what are all those bumps on your face? I was mortified, but simply said my skin is having a problem (A MAJOR PROBLEM). I didn't get it either, I was healthy, athletic, took great care of myself inside and out, strove to be stress free! However, cystic acne, as you already know I'm sure, is genetic and doesn't object to taking on clean, healthy people! After using acne.org products for a couple of months, my skin was looking better and better, my cystic acne was finally disappearing until it was completely gone, and whenever I feel one emerging I put a dab of the treatment on it, and it goes away within the same day! That is truly a miracle, I used to almost begin to cry and feel such tremendous stress when I felt a cyst coming in because they literally took weeks and sometimes months to fully go away and they were so very painful. At one point, it even hurt to smile. But after using these products, my cystic acne began to disappear, and even the little bumps I always had on my forehead for some reason started to go away! Nothing, and I mean nothing, else got rid of those!!! I remember running into some old colleagues who said to me, 'Wow, you look different. I don't know what it is, but you look different, like in a good way.' I didn't say what they were probably noticing (lack of acne!) but I was beaming on the inside. I know not everything works for everyone, but this is truly what worked for me, I couldn't be more thrilled with the results and for affordable prices too. I hope you find the same.

Pros

• Clears cystic acne
  • Clears persistent little white heads
  • REALLY DOES WORK WONDERS

Cons

• Have to be patient to wait between using products
  • Can be drying at first, but only at first
  • for about a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Swollen on the first day”
By on

I woke up today after doing the regimen for the first time last night and my face was swollen like a balloon! i can barley see because my under eyes are swelling up so bad and i didn't even put the BP or lotion there. I want this product to work but I'm afraid if i keep using the BP my face will get more swollen... At least you can cover up acne with makeup but I cant cover up my swollen face!

Pros

• Easy to use

Cons

• Swollen face
  • for a day or two
  • $ 60
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Amazing!”
By on

This product has changed my life! I would 100% recommend it to anyone suffering from acne. The regimen brought back my confidence, I used to be embarrassed to take my makeup off in front of my own friends at sleepovers. Anyone else who suffers acne can understand the damage it does to your self-esteem and the regimen really helped me. I'm now really happy with my skin! I'm going out in public more and spending more time with my friends :) AMAZING PRODUCT!!

Pros

• Flawless skin
  • Brings you confidence
  • Works fast!

Cons

• Dries out your skin (however the jojoba oil can fix that easily)
  • A bit expensive for international buyers BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“TERRIBLE PRODUCTS!!!!! DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!”
By on

I used Dan's products for only 2 days and my face became red, swollen, dry, and itchy! My eyelids became swollen also, and I'm not even sure how that happened?!? My face is very red and irritated right now, and I'm not even sure what to do. I thought that I wouldn't have such a reaction towards the products considering that I have used BP before. Another thing I don't get is why my whole face is red? I only applied the BP on my problem areas. If I knew that this would happen, then I never would've purchased these products in the first place!

Pros

• Acne went down a little

Cons

• Swollen face
  • Redness
  • Itchiness
  • $ 46.44
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.