Page 7 of Acne.org The Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 204 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Cleanser - GREAT! Treatment - WORKS! Moisturizer - A FLOP !:(... I recommend but pick and choose
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

40's, Asian. Ive always followed a very simple maintenance routine which ive used for over 25 years (oatmeal soap, deep cleanser, toner, dermalite (day), Vit C serum (night)..... until 12 mos ago, I started having (stress) acne.

Tried a LOT of products (US, Asia, European brands).

Came across acne.org, and bought the regimen. I followed regimen procedure but was not effective so i modified.

CLEANSER: IT WORKS (for me). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Evening:

Wet face with warm water.

1 pump (size of a dollop) on my palm, apply directly on problem areas, then work out a lather. I do this for about 60 seconds.

Repeat. (so im soaping my face twice)

Pat dry (sometimes is "scrub" a tiny just to get a feeling of "freshness")

Morning:

Same as evening routine but only wash once.

BENZOYL PEROXIDE TREATMENT.

If i have active acne (or feel like one is coming on), I use Acne.org TREATMENT benzoyl (ONLY ON AFFECTED AREAS) , after allowing my face to dry 5 minutes.

If no active acne, after pat dry, APPLY AURA CACIA GRAPESEED OIL all over my face.

MOISTURIZER.

Causes BREAKOUTS!! - would NOT recommend.

JOJOBA OIL - breakouts

With CLEANSER, BP TREATMENT (only if acne onset), GRAPESEED OIL, my skin has "calmed" down... zits dry....

KEEP IT SIMPLE.

AMAZING
Reviewed on January 1, 2014

i am only 14 and i had really bad acne and it was so bad i didnt go to school. i found this through a friend and started using it and within a week my skin cleared. plus it felt and looked better than it did before i had acne anyway. i definatly recomend.

by ItchyPain on 01/27/2014 22:58
I'm 14 years old also. When did you start getting acne?
Stick it out, the results are amazing!
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

I can't believe this really worked, I am so ecstatic! For my sensitive skin it was extremely harsh at first... I went SO slowly in increasing the benzoyl peroxide, over about a month, and even then not using as much as instructed, and my skin was SO red, hot, tingle-y, and itchy for a long time. After two months, I started peeling like nobody's business. But after about 3-4 months of getting used to it, my skin adjusted and has never ever been so clear! I started incorporating the AHA+ at about 4 months and it took care of any peeling or flakes I was still battling. As a person with extremely sensitive skin who had a VERY hard time adjusting, I can tell you if you stick it out you will see the results in time! I'm so glad I was referred to this website, it seriously changed my life in clearing up my embarrassing skin issues. I had terrible acne all on my cheeks and chin, and it is literally completely cleared. My skin is perfect it's unbelievable. Just give it time.

Reviewed on December 30, 2013

I have had acne since I was in my early teens. It was really bad then and left bad scars. My self esteem as anyone with acne can attest to took a hit and I was always self conscious when people looked at me. I a now 33 and still battle acne well that is until I came across The Regimen online. I have tried many products: proactive, Neutroegena, Clean and Clear and even went on birth control. I stopped the latter as I did not like the idea of ingesting pills even though it did help my skin. I have been on The Regimen for 4 months and 3 weeks and I noticed a difference right away. By the second week of my using it, my skin was clearing up already. And within a month my skin was clear. I have however noticed that in the last 3 weeks or so my skin is breaking out again and I think it may be because I added other products to my regimen. I am going to stop and see what happens. I DEFINITELY recommend The Regimen to anyone. It WORKS!!! And I thank God for it.

Absolutely amazed
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I have been in and out of dermatologist offices for years, trying very product on the market, spending hundreds of dollars per year on chemical peels and nothing would touch my cystic acne. I'm 28 and finally feel like I have my acne under control. I'm not going to like, I still get an occasional pimple, but they are not like before. One might pop up up but will dry up twice as fast as before. This stuff truly is amazing. I use it with the clairisonic brush. My only regret is that I didn't try this stuff earlier.

Absolutely amazing product.
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I am absolutely amazed at how well this product works. I've struggled with moderate-severe acne since I was around 12(18 now) and I've used so many over the counter products that didn't help control my acne at all. Finally, I purchased this product and I can't tell you how glad I am that I did. I remember when I had severe acne, I could count at least 15 pimples on my face. And I don't mean little pimples, I mean humongous cysts. Now when I look in the mirror, I can't find ONE active pimple on my face, all I have is leftover scarring from previous bumps. That's how amazing this product is. I've been using The Regimen for about 4 months now and I started getting really clear at the 2.5 month mark.

The one thing that really bothered me about this product is the process to getting clear. What a pain in the ass it was. My face peeled and flaked like crazy and it was sooo red and irritated at the beginning. Basically, your face will look like crap before it gets better. So patience is key here.

Only thing that cleared my skin
Reviewed on December 23, 2013

I started the regimen almost two years ago when I was in eighth grade. At that point I had struggled with acne for about four years. My acne was my biggest insecurity and caused me to be very depressed. After reading all the reviews online I decided to give it a shot. At first, all it did was make my skin dry and flakey. Using jojoba oil really helped with that although it does make your face shiny. I still got acne. However after about three or four monthes my acne was basically gone and has been ever since. I still break out during that time of month but comapared to the severe acne I don't mind. This changed my skin and made me so much more confident. I also really like that this is unscented. I briefly tried proactive and the scent was awful.

by katcast on 12/29/2013 23:37
Hi, do you use it religiously for over a yr? I use it religiously but wondering if you use it so often will it stop working at some point like proactive?
by katcast on 12/29/2013 23:37
The ULTIMATE Acne Cure
Reviewed on December 22, 2013

Let me preface this review by first stating that I seldom (if ever) write reviews for any of the products that I use on a daily basis (or write in all caps, for that matter); on the rare occasions that I DO comment on product it is in light of the product's extraordinary virtue or unbearable flaw. In this case, it's the former. This review is lengthy, but supremely worth it! Do read.

Daniel Kern's "The Regimen" is a marvel. It is the single most effective acne treatment system in existence at the moment. It bears the fewest adverse side-effects, comes equipped with a knowledgeable and supportive community, is genuine in its approach, and flat out works. I should know, I've tried every acne treatment system in existence. I've consumed every antibiotic known to man at near megadoses, I've used every cream, lotion, and astringent on the market with zero success, and I've ben subject to 5 rounds light treatment with costs totalling $2500 ($500 a shot). None of that stuff worked, like, AT ALL!. The only treatment I was fortunate to avoid is isotretoin (more on that later). In fact, to give justice to the product, I think I'll extoll the virtues of the "The Regimen" piece by piece.

(1) The Cleanser: The best cleanser period. It's odourlessness makes it the best smelling cleanser out there, it foams (AWESOME!), it's gentle, and it's substantial. In fact, my whole family now uses it because it's so darned good; it blows the cetaphil stuff right out of the water, and that's saying a lot.

(2) The Treatment: It's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide done right! I consider myself a BP connoisseur (I went all the way up to 12% at one point, yikes!), and the Acne.org BP is the finest stuff you'll ever find. First of all, the format of the container (I use the 16 oz.) creates the essential "The Regimen" psychological framework: just when you think you've used too much, USE MORE! The amount of BP I used initially would overwhelm most, but it was essential in my process. Furthermore, the fact that the Acne.org BP is an a gel based medium (as opposed to a cream) is incredible; it means that it doesn't have to be applied with the speed and agility of a jewel thief, because it won't immediately dry on the face, it goes on with a soothing sensation and, most importantly, WILL NOT turn white when exposed to moisture (i.e. perspiration). Alas, I can indulge in a mid-day tennis match without excusing myself to wash my face before hand.

(3) The Moisturizer: I dare you to find another moisturizer out there with licorice root extract, and no that $10/oz. designer stuff you find online or at the department store DOES NOT COUNT. This stuff is rich without being greasy, and readily penetrates the skin without dissipating too quickly. I mean, this stuff is pretty sweet! A few drop of Jojoba, which in my opinion is not essential to the regimen and that I've only recently introduced to my routine, takes it to a whole new level.

In conclusion, "The Regimen" cures acne. In a few months it did what years (!!!!!!) of antibiotics and 10% BP creams could not do: it eliminated my cystic acne. The very first picture I took of myself the day I started "The Regimen" still induces fear, anxiety, and a sense of shock at the individual I once was; acne truly did dominate my life at one point. Remember, earlier in this post I mentioned how I avoided the wrath of isotretoin? Well, it's true. Now, I know isotretoin is a treatment that works for many people, but, after having read the horror stories, I was resolved to never touch the stuff. After a 5th dermatologist telling me that isotretoin was my last resort, I turned to the interweb and found Acne.org. I'm glad I did. "The Regimen" was my last stop before isotretoin. But it worked! "The Regimen" worked for me because it is just that, regimented. It employs the best products, ensures that you apply them correctly, is free of serious adverse side-effects, and comes with a supportive and informative community, free o' charge. It has given my the gift of glowing skin and the confidence to behave in a fashion consistent with my own personality and life goals.

Thank you Acne. org!

doctor neutrino

Male, 20

it works but super duper dry and flaky
Reviewed on December 18, 2013

My sisters and I used this product for a month. I stopped after I notice the dryness. My sister kept on using because she wants to get rid of her pimples. It does works but it is super dry. My sister face becone flaky and red. IIt's like she is having an alergic reaction or it is buring her face reallt badly. I'm feling really bad for her b/c she care about her skin a lot. Now this product make her skin look worst than before. It works but you have to suffer a lot. It is up to you to decide wwhether or not you willing to taake that risk

This product saved my life!
Reviewed on December 17, 2013

I'm 29 and suffered from acne since the age of 10. Unfortunately, this caused issues with depression as I'm sure many of you can understand. I tried every over the counter product out there, they do nothing. I went to the dermatologist dozens of times. I tried several prescription creams and gels, they did not work. I tried a couple of pill medications (not Accutane due to Depression issues), they did not work either. I simply gave up. Approximately 5 months ago I decided I had nothing to lose. I was 3 months pregnant and my hormones made my skin a little worse. I purchased The Regiment with absolutely no expectations, as I've learned that nothing lives up to my expectations.

I was SO wrong. It takes time for your skin to adjust to the products, you don't get clear skin overnight. You stick with it, within a month I noticed that my active acne was gone. I had only scars. In the last 5 months I have had 1 pimple, my scars have faded drastically. I wear SO much less makeup, I can even step out without makeup for the first time in 29 years. My husband says my self confidence has gone up, even I have noticed it. I bought the larger size bottles of the regimen and still have enough 5 months later, you do not need to use a ton of product. *Note: my doctor said it was fine to use during pregnancy. It has not harmed the baby at all*