Page 5 of The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.1/5 - 317 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Did not work for me...
Reviewed on May 23, 2016

I have always had minor breakouts throughout my life but at 19/20, I moved to another state and I had acne like I have never had in my life. I tried different things but nothing worked. I was very desperate and after watching so many success stories on YouTube I decided to give this a try.

After using the regimen for one week, I broke out on my jawline like I never have before. I had huge, deep acne all over my jawline. It looks terrible. Of course, the response I got was that this was the initial "purge" so reluctantly I kept using the regimen but it only got worse. It was hard for me to go to work with how much my face effected me. Not only was I dealing with 10 new pimples on my chin but the chemistry of my skin changed as well. The things that I have read about what BP can do to your skin did not sit well with me either.

I gave up and gave up on the regimen. I decided a better route for me would be to figure out why I'm getting acne and tackle the issue from there. I wish I realized this before I ordered the regimen because all it did for me was ruin my skin and I'm still recovering from it now. I see that BP works for others but unfortunately it didn't work for me and my skin.

Saw improvement but SUPER drying.
Reviewed on May 18, 2016

I'm on the verge of canceling my subscription and discontinuing the use of the Acne.org Regimen because my face feels like sandpaper trying to make certain facial expressions. My skin also developed a dark coat over it but now it's starting to look blotchy and peel , leaving me super self conscious. I rated it 4 stars because I see improvement I'm just not sure what the issue is causing the dryness and how to solve it .

by Shatiratamika on 05/20/2016 23:04
Try using pure Radha Jojaboil oil mix it with the Moisturizer it works well I got mine from Amazon here is the link . [link removed]
Saved my face
Reviewed on May 10, 2016

I`m 22 years old male, I had CYSTIC ACNE since 19. I bought acne.org regimen and in 2 week time i was clearing up, but for myself - I also started to eat organic/healthy foods and apples which MOST definetlly helped. I can also stronly recommend eating coconut oil, various seed oils, honey, probiotics. Do some quality reaserch how to eat healthy for good skin!!!

Till that nothing worked - no treatment (lasers and creams).

I have been using the regimen for 3 months, and acne has reduced by 90%. Really happy about it, so I definetlly recommend it :)

Skin is kinda dry now, but that doesn`t bother me, nor does the minimal blemishes :)

It takes dedication and a different lifestyle
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

I'm a 15 year old girl who used to have the most repulsive acne. I had deeply imbedded pimples on my forehead, zits all over my back, blackheads on my nose, and the nastiest cysts on the side of my face. Now, I only get the occasional whitehead. Most of my acne developed in the places covered by my hair. The oils from my hair were not the problem; the culprit was the excessive irritation between my skin and hair. If you have hair that touches your face, you have got to tie it back. Just doing this can make a huge difference. I'm very insecure about my acne, so this was hard, especially as a girl who has to face her peers eight hours a day. By tying up my hair, all the acne on the sides of my face were visible. Makeup is a gray area. I would say within the first 2 weeks of the regimen, don't use any makeup at all. Within the first two days your skin will clear up drastically. No makeup includes no eyeliner and any eye makeup. Anyway, I started to take a chelated zinc tablet everyday after 2 weeks of the regimen. There were 50mg in each pill. I took them everyday for a week and the acne on my back literally disappeared. I was told that the normal dietary supplement of zinc is 9mg and that too much is dangerous. Scared out of my mind, I started to only take half the pill, but then some acne on my back reappeared. As frustrating as it was, an overdose of zinc is not worth clear skin. Irritation is really the main reason you probably have excessive acne. I used to love popping my pimples, but what I didn't know was that popping them caused more acne in other parts of my skin. Peter Thomas Roth sells these invisible clear dots with salicylic acid and even though they don't really make the pimple go away, they stop you from picking at the damn thing. They're also very subtle, so you can wear them during the day. After wearing these, I started to really notice a difference in the deeply imbedded pimples on my shoulders and forehead. Getting back to makeup: if you can, don't wear any. I couldn't keep to that, but I got rid of my thick foundations and oily concealers and started to only use clinique's bb cream for acne. I still use this brand exclusively. It has acne fighting ingredients inside, so it is partly beneficial, but you still have to wash it off the night you use it. After 2 months of the regimen, I started to do the full regimen at night and only the cleanser and moisturizer during the day because my skin was so dry. It didn't make a huge difference because I was using the invisible dots during the day and taking the zinc tablets. Diet and exercise is also vital for clear skin. The diet and exercise isn't the direct link to getting rid of acne, in fact IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Literally you can eat all the oily food you want and your skin will look the same. Let me explain it. The happier you are the less acne you have. During the summer, I literally didn't give a crap about my skin. I might've washed my face with a generic cleanser twice a week, but my skin was glowing and clear. I was stress-free from school, eating like a pig, and sleeping 9 hours a day. During times of great stress, an outlet is necessary. Exercising makes me happier because the oxytocin released when doing so. After exercising I sleep more and when I sleep more, I don't binge or have sugar/carb/salt cravings. Basically, I gave my body the false impression that I wasn't stressed out, and therefore my skin became clearer. It's a whole lifestyle. This regimen is only 40% of "the change". It works man. It really really does, but if you want glowing skin from the inside out, you have to start inside.

honest
Reviewed on May 7, 2016

i came acros this . just to try it, it worked wonderfully. at first my skin got red and irritated. but that was because i wasnt using the proper amount. then i got used to it. but when my skin seemed to start clearing up would run out. and i would break out again. so i have so many scars. well not many, but now i buy the big kit. and so far im getting there again.

HELP OTC
Reviewed on May 3, 2016

I am the type of person who likes to try weird stuff to get rid of issues like acne. Istumbled upon the caveman regimen where you stop washing your face and only rinse with water. And my face blew up. Then i thought, I will try oil cleansing to fix this. BAD IDEA. If you have acne prone skin, i would not suggest using oil cleansing to clear skin, maybe only to maintain clear skin. At any rate, I freaked out and started trying everything I used to have: proactiv, cetaphil, neutrogena, high percentage BP creams. Antiobiotics. Nothing worked. Mind you, this is in the span of two months (jan 1st 2016-end of feb 2016). My facr responded to none of it. I had the most severe acne, it was cystic and so painful. And it would spread. Every morning I had two to three new zits. I caught on to all of the reviews on other products that people would stay didnt work but hey you should try acne.org products. Purchased because BP typically works for my skin. I had been using proactiv even though it wasnt working for a month, so i thought this transition would be easy. It was not. Be prepared for flakes and redness, it is uncomfortable. However, I found that cetaphil moisturizer (the kind in the jar for face or body) worked the best because it was so thick, it would soak up all the flakes. I did not like the acne.org moistorizer. I didnt like the yellowness and it is kind of thin. I was consistent every morning and every night. I started using close to 3 pumps of BP. and about 2 weeks in i got aha and use that only at night in place of a moistorizer. It took a full 8 weeks to rid my face of any active zits. But my face is so smooth now! Hyperpigmentation is annoying right now, as I am a tan complexion and so the redness sticks around for awhile. But anything is better than zits!

LOVE IT
Reviewed on April 30, 2016

Before this arrived I had multiple zits on my face. I recieved this in the mail about 4 days ago and my skin is already 5 times more clear than it was. Definitely will continue using.

Thanks god!!!!!!!
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

I don't even know where to start but all I can say is thank god for this product. It literally saved my life.

I've had mild consistent acne since age 15. (22 now)

Acne was destroying my life. My social life was non existent because I was so embarrassed to show my face around my friends or even be photographed. I tried every single product OTC known to man up until I was 20. I'm a male and I began getting so insecure and empty inside from my appearance I started to wear make up just to hide a few blemishes here and there. I started to get very suicidal. Never looking in mirrors and hated myself for what my face was becoming. Everyone was making comments on my skin. Making fun of me. Asking if I was wearing makeup.

When I was 20 I decided to go start accutane.

This cleared my acne completely and I was 100% clear and blemish free!!!!!!....... For only 2 months after my course ended. Then my face was covered once again.

The side affects I experienced with accutane were so bad I couldn't push myself into doing another course.

I don't know how it took me so long to find this website and this regimen but I stumbled across acne.org product reviews and couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was toooo good to be true. I mean. I ever tried accutane and it didn't work so how could this.

Finally I said f**k it and bought the starter for acne.org.

My first 3 weeks were miserable. Dry red flaky. My eyes looked inflamed from the irritation. PUSH THROUGH IT!!!!!!!! I'm now on week 9 and my skin is doing amazing. It took a little over a month to show results but consistentsy is defiantly key! Don't give up!!!!!!!

I could cry I'm so happy on how my skin looks right now. It has never looked better and every week that passes it improves more and more.

I have a pimple here and there still but it pops and heals very quickly.

This product is a god sent and I strongly encourage anyone who has hit rock bottom to try this!!!!! It is worth every single penny!!!!!

This product saved my life..

Now that I'm clear I'm Right now I'm working on getting rid of my hypserpigmentation marks from old acne.

Unfortunately the AHA+ from dans line which helps fade dark marks even faster didn't cooperate with my skin. Waited 6 weeks before adding it in and my skin freaked out and broke out like crazy. Once I stopped using it and just stuck with the basic regimen my skin went back to normal. Not for everyone I guess buy yeah.

Just wanted to encourage everyone who is suffering from acne to try this product and don't give up! Stay consistent!

This is it!!!

by Rina D on 08/11/2016 10:37
Do you have breakouts when youre on the regimen? I have 3 now,and I have just finished week one. And all of the breakouts have heads. Is it normal?
Yippee!
Reviewed on April 22, 2016

i love the regimen.

I have been dealing with fairly mild but consistent acne since I was an early teen (I'm 25 now) and tried every product under the sun. Harsh clearasil, gentle brands like Simple, all natural products... Expensive Dermalogica. Nothing seemed to help and about six months ago my skin completely freaked out, I had blackheads, whiteheads, tiny little bumps all over my face and red swollen sore bumps that were painful. I didn't want to leave my house and could only do so after spending an insane amount of time covering my skin in makeup.

I started using duac at nighttime in January (3 months ago) which is BP 3% and an antibiotic, with my gentle Dermalogica cleanser and own brand superdrug moisturiser with jojoba oil. For a couple of days it was fine, but after that for the next three weeks my skin was red, flakey, irritated and stingy especially on my cheeks and around my mouth, where the skin is less oily. THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE TO PERSIST!

My skin was very slowly starting to clear up, and after six weeks I switched to acne.org products (but keeping duac) and using aha every other night after BP. Now I have just a few persistent blackheads on my nose, only noticeable by me. I have had so many compliments on my skin and am so so happy I found this website and learnt about irritation and stopped scrubbing my face and overloading it with harsh products.

Now I just use pore strips a couple of times a week and a body shop clay mask on Sundays. I can't tell you how much this has improved my confidence and my life! I really recommend reading "breaking out" by Lydia Preston as well it is a really good thing to read and understand acne. I sat and read it in one go - learning about how to deal with acne is the first step!!!

P.s. Remember to ALWAYS wear sunscreen using BP and AHA - trust me on that! If you don't you get sunburnt irritated skin and will break out a few weeks later!! Factor 30 people!

Great but not for everyone. Please read.
Reviewed on April 1, 2016

Let me begin with some background knowledge, I'm 17 and I've have had acne for approximately 3 1/2 years now. Sometimes it's just a pimple here and there, but other times I break out excessively, and being a junior in high school it sucks having to deal with acne, as it would for anyone. I've gone to two dermatologists but the topical gels they have prescribed to me only work for a short period of time. Before starting the regimen, I had about 4-6 pimples nesting on my face, so I decided to take care of it before it got worse. I used the regimen for about 3 months and my acne got worse, but I kept using it because I heard it "takes time" for some people. Furthermore, I determined that the Benzoyl Peroxide and my skin just weren't "simpatico" with each other. I no longer use the Benzoyl Peroxide but I still use the cleanser along with the moisturizer and have seen my face start to clear up. I'm not saying that the Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't work because there are many success stories, but for some people it might not due to various reasons.