Acne.org The Regimen

Average price: $50.20

Brand: Acne.org

Most helpful review

By marie, brooklyn, ny on 04/09/2013

i have been using this system for about 3 weeks and i know its a little soon but i wanted to share my experience so far. My skin started breaking out when i was about 18-19 i am now 23. It was mild to moderate. I have been to several dermatologist and i have tried oral antibotics, which worked great. i dont remember which one it was but my skin in 3 months was beautiful!!BUT i was sick and tired of taking pills. I just felt like the long term effects of taking antibotics would not be worth it. Long story short i tried numerous over the counter products because my acne kept coming back and getting worse and everytime i went to the dermatologist it was just medication after medication of things that just didnt work! i finally had did some research on bp and i started with clean&clear persa gel 10%. i went through hell for the first couple months from redness, dryness i mean i cried a couple times because i was just so fed up with acne. After my skin adjusted to the bp thats what i was using for about a year and it did help clear me up but my skin didnt look flawless and i kept getting new pimples from time to time. I finally stumbled upon this website and dans products. after reading these reviews i finally decided to give it a try. SOOO it has been 3 weeks and i must say i am starting to feel like myself again. i dont wanna jinx it but i am starting to notice improvements. before i started the regimen i stopped using the clean&clear for a couple days so that my skin wouldnt get too crazy. the first week of the regimen was a bit confusing because my skin in the first couple days almost instantly looked better. as the second week began i started to notice my skin purging. now i know nobody wants to deal with this stage but i figured my skin has been so clogged for so long that i just had to deal with it. the reason i didnt get turned off from these products at the moment was because i noticed the purging was mainly happening from the pimples already on my face so i fel.

Pros:
  • cheap, no fragrance,works!
Cons:
  • bp can be drying, takes time (most acne treatment does) for some people buying online can be annoying. (i just stock up) ;)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Member reviews

“Only thing that cleared my skin”
By on

I started the regimen almost two years ago when I was in eighth grade. At that point I had struggled with acne for about four years. My acne was my biggest insecurity and caused me to be very depressed. After reading all the reviews online I decided to give it a shot. At first, all it did was make my skin dry and flakey. Using jojoba oil really helped with that although it does make your face shiny. I still got acne. However after about three or four monthes my acne was basically gone and has been ever since. I still break out during that time of month but comapared to the severe acne I don't mind. This changed my skin and made me so much more confident. I also really like that this is unscented. I briefly tried proactive and the scent was awful.

Pros

• Cleared my skin
  • affordable

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“The ULTIMATE Acne Cure”
By on

Let me preface this review by first stating that I seldom (if ever) write reviews for any of the products that I use on a daily basis (or write in all caps, for that matter); on the rare occasions that I DO comment on product it is in light of the product's extraordinary virtue or unbearable flaw. In this case, it's the former. This review is lengthy, but supremely worth it! Do read.

Daniel Kern's "The Regimen" is a marvel. It is the single most effective acne treatment system in existence at the moment. It bears the fewest adverse side-effects, comes equipped with a knowledgeable and supportive community, is genuine in its approach, and flat out works. I should know, I've tried every acne treatment system in existence. I've consumed every antibiotic known to man at near megadoses, I've used every cream, lotion, and astringent on the market with zero success, and I've ben subject to 5 rounds light treatment with costs totalling $2500 ($500 a shot). None of that stuff worked, like, AT ALL!. The only treatment I was fortunate to avoid is isotretoin (more on that later). In fact, to give justice to the product, I think I'll extoll the virtues of the "The Regimen" piece by piece.

(1) The Cleanser: The best cleanser period. It's odourlessness makes it the best smelling cleanser out there, it foams (AWESOME!), it's gentle, and it's substantial. In fact, my whole family now uses it because it's so darned good; it blows the cetaphil stuff right out of the water, and that's saying a lot.

(2) The Treatment: It's 2.5% benzoyl peroxide done right! I consider myself a BP connoisseur (I went all the way up to 12% at one point, yikes!), and the Acne.org BP is the finest stuff you'll ever find. First of all, the format of the container (I use the 16 oz.) creates the essential "The Regimen" psychological framework: just when you think you've used too much, USE MORE! The amount of BP I used initially would overwhelm most, but it was essential in my process. Furthermore, the fact that the Acne.org BP is an a gel based medium (as opposed to a cream) is incredible; it means that it doesn't have to be applied with the speed and agility of a jewel thief, because it won't immediately dry on the face, it goes on with a soothing sensation and, most importantly, WILL NOT turn white when exposed to moisture (i.e. perspiration). Alas, I can indulge in a mid-day tennis match without excusing myself to wash my face before hand.

(3) The Moisturizer: I dare you to find another moisturizer out there with licorice root extract, and no that $10/oz. designer stuff you find online or at the department store DOES NOT COUNT. This stuff is rich without being greasy, and readily penetrates the skin without dissipating too quickly. I mean, this stuff is pretty sweet! A few drop of Jojoba, which in my opinion is not essential to the regimen and that I've only recently introduced to my routine, takes it to a whole new level.

In conclusion, "The Regimen" cures acne. In a few months it did what years (!!!!!!) of antibiotics and 10% BP creams could not do: it eliminated my cystic acne. The very first picture I took of myself the day I started "The Regimen" still induces fear, anxiety, and a sense of shock at the individual I once was; acne truly did dominate my life at one point. Remember, earlier in this post I mentioned how I avoided the wrath of isotretoin? Well, it's true. Now, I know isotretoin is a treatment that works for many people, but, after having read the horror stories, I was resolved to never touch the stuff. After a 5th dermatologist telling me that isotretoin was my last resort, I turned to the interweb and found Acne.org. I'm glad I did. "The Regimen" was my last stop before isotretoin. But it worked! "The Regimen" worked for me because it is just that, regimented. It employs the best products, ensures that you apply them correctly, is free of serious adverse side-effects, and comes with a supportive and informative community, free o' charge. It has given my the gift of glowing skin and the confidence to behave in a fashion consistent with my own personality and life goals.

Thank you Acne. org!

doctor neutrino

Male, 20

Pros

• It WORKS
  • It's EASY
  • NO adverse side effects

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 80
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“it works but super duper dry and flaky”
By on

My sisters and I used this product for a month. I stopped after I notice the dryness. My sister kept on using because she wants to get rid of her pimples. It does works but it is super dry. My sister face becone flaky and red. IIt's like she is having an alergic reaction or it is buring her face reallt badly. I'm feling really bad for her b/c she care about her skin a lot. Now this product make her skin look worst than before. It works but you have to suffer a lot. It is up to you to decide wwhether or not you willing to taake that risk

Pros

• it somewhat does get rid of pimples

Cons

• super duper dry
  • flaky and redness on skin
  • it burns your face
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“This product saved my life!”
By on

I'm 29 and suffered from acne since the age of 10. Unfortunately, this caused issues with depression as I'm sure many of you can understand. I tried every over the counter product out there, they do nothing. I went to the dermatologist dozens of times. I tried several prescription creams and gels, they did not work. I tried a couple of pill medications (not Accutane due to Depression issues), they did not work either. I simply gave up. Approximately 5 months ago I decided I had nothing to lose. I was 3 months pregnant and my hormones made my skin a little worse. I purchased The Regiment with absolutely no expectations, as I've learned that nothing lives up to my expectations.

I was SO wrong. It takes time for your skin to adjust to the products, you don't get clear skin overnight. You stick with it, within a month I noticed that my active acne was gone. I had only scars. In the last 5 months I have had 1 pimple, my scars have faded drastically. I wear SO much less makeup, I can even step out without makeup for the first time in 29 years. My husband says my self confidence has gone up, even I have noticed it. I bought the larger size bottles of the regimen and still have enough 5 months later, you do not need to use a ton of product. *Note: my doctor said it was fine to use during pregnancy. It has not harmed the baby at all*

Pros

• Gentle
  • Scent Free
  • It actually works!!

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 110
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Absolutely love it!!”
By on

This regimen is truly amazing! I've had acne, cystic acne since I was about 12 years old. I've seen multiple doctors and gone through multiple treatments. My face would clear up for a short while then break out worse and worse every time! Finally, about 3 months ago, my dad found this website and ordered me the complete regimen, and finally at 23 years old I'm satisfied with my skin. Although I wish I could find something to fix my scars, I'm so happy that I don't have to deal with my acne anymore. Fingers crossed. This is the only thing so far that truly has me hopeful that i won't have to deal with another huge break out ever again! Like I said, absolutely love it!

Pros

• Really works!
  • Doesn't dry out skin
  • Very affordable

Cons

• None!
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“It really works.”
By on

Ok this is not really a product review, long story short, it really works, as many other people mentioned here. What I really want to say is, shipping is the SLOWEST EVER! And it gets transferred to USPS which has the most unreliable service, I've lost several packages and people at USPS have no clue where they went, status is: status not updated. Means it's not stolen by random people. Now every time I have to cross my finger when I know my stuff will be delivered by USPS.

• I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Worked wonders!! Eventually lol”
By on

I started the regimen about three years ago and I haven't gone a day since where i haven't used it. At first my skin was really dry and flaky (i have extremely sensitive skin though) and the jojoba oil helped with that (i still use it every night and morning in my moisturizer and i have baby soft skin now!!) after 3 months of using it, i had zero acne just dry skin and eventually the dry skin did go away. I have extremely clear skin now, i'll get the odd zit here and there but who doesn't? These products changed my life! Though it was hard at first, it worked wonders in the end. If you're just starting this product, keep going!!!!!!!! I promise it will work for you!!

Pros

• Clear skin!!

Cons

• Dry skin at first
  • for more than a year
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Works magic”
By on

took a little time to kick in, but that's generally how it works for all treatments. Once it took effect, it's done wonders. I've found myself stressed from school, eaten loads of junk food, and caught right in the middle of my period and this stuff stopped all of my out breaks over night :)

Pros

• It's nearly impossible to over do it
  • It's reduced painful pimples to nearly nothing overnight

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for more than a year
  • $ 37
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“When you cant use the regimen anymore...”
By on

I loved the regimen... when I could use it. I used one pump every night for about a year and a half before I developed an allergic reaction to it. My eyes got REALLY swollen and itchy (not the normal redness that occurs at the start of the regimen) I had to stop even though I knew I was going to start breaking out again. That really freaked me out so I started to do some research on alternatives. I've tried a lot of recommended products and some weird cooky homemade remedies as well. My acne is mostly hormonal but what I've found to be most affective should work for any type of breakout. I use Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile face wash twice a day. I use Aveeno daily moisturizer (using non facial moisturizer scared me at first, but its really about finding what YOUR skin likes) in the morning and wipe my face down with lemon juice (bottled is fine) before bed. When I get a spot break out, I soak it in warm salty water with a cotton swap. I ice it and then I cover it in lemon juice and salt and wait for it to dry. Ive also found aspirin dissolved in witches hazel to be affective for relieving redness. In addition, excersizing really seems to help (which is kind of weird I know haha.) Good luck!!

Pros

• works

Cons

• cant use it anymore
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Effective, but takes some time”
By on

August 2013 I had reached the end of my rope. I've suffered from acne since middle school and it's always demeaned my self confidence. I've been on birth control, antibiotics, and almost started accutane after receiving cystic breakouts. I was depressed and desperate and after much research I decided to try the regimen. In combination with reducing dairy and my picking tendencies, It worked. It does take some time. This is not an over night miracle, no acne treatment is. This bp has a gel base which takes a few minutes to dry. The bp does stay clear throughout the day. I feel the wash and moisturizer are unnecessary (go ahead and use Cetaphil for cleansing and moisturizing.) I also recommend clean and clear persa-gel 10 for spot treatment, this bp is thicker and more drying. My skin is not 100% clear, but I no longer develop cystic acne. Also I ordered the 8oz bp and I'm just now running out and I've had it since August and it is now December. Be patient. Acne sucks, but with the right products and discipline you can greatly improve your skin. :)

Pros

• Effective
  • Large Quantity

Cons

• Online only
  • Takes Time
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.