Page 4 of The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 298 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
The Acne.org Regimen

Great but not for everyone. Please read.
Reviewed on April 1, 2016

Let me begin with some background knowledge, I'm 17 and I've have had acne for approximately 3 1/2 years now. Sometimes it's just a pimple here and there, but other times I break out excessively, and being a junior in high school it sucks having to deal with acne, as it would for anyone. I've gone to two dermatologists but the topical gels they have prescribed to me only work for a short period of time. Before starting the regimen, I had about 4-6 pimples nesting on my face, so I decided to take care of it before it got worse. I used the regimen for about 3 months and my acne got worse, but I kept using it because I heard it "takes time" for some people. Furthermore, I determined that the Benzoyl Peroxide and my skin just weren't "simpatico" with each other. I no longer use the Benzoyl Peroxide but I still use the cleanser along with the moisturizer and have seen my face start to clear up. I'm not saying that the Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't work because there are many success stories, but for some people it might not due to various reasons.

Love IT!
Reviewed on March 30, 2016

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! after a couple of days using it my acne seemed to calm down, wasn't flaring up as it use to. the only thing I didn't like is that it dried out my skin and I have VERY oily skin. so I stopped using the moisturizer and instead use Shea butter or my boscia hydrating moisturizer. I have recommended it to my friends who have acne.

It works.. with some side effects
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

First, let me start off by saying that THIS TAKES time. Some people may see immediate results, but most do not. I tried the regimen 3-4 years ago for a month and when it didn't work, I just gave up. In between that, I went on spironolactone, birth control, antibiotics, etc. Even though these treatments are all safe, I just did not like depending on pharmaceuticals to make my acne go away. Spironolactone worked the best for me but since the research on long term use is dodgy at best, I decided to give the regimen a try again.

I did not see any changes the first month, in fact, my acne probably got way worse. I started the regimen in Early October. Guess when I started seeing results? MID FEBRUARY. You have to be diligent and use it regularly. The drying is terrible and moisturizer will be your best friend. It's expensive (my spiro was like $7 per month). Even after four months, if I don't slather on the moisturizer, my skin gets angry and flaky. I am worried about wrinkles, but it's really helped keep my acne at bay.

I still have little pimples before my period. However, they never fully form and go away in a couple of days. I also switched to using this in the morning only on my trouble spots (chin, around mouth, forehead) and then I do the whole sha-bang at night. Try it, it works! But again, MOISTURIZE or you'll hate yourself.

EDIT: The AHA did not do much for me. I used it for a while, did not really notice any changes and stopped use. Stick to the benzoyl peroxide from this line. I use Trader Joe's cleanser and cetaphil with a little bit of coconut oil added in for moisturizer.

The GREAT but the BAD
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

so I got this at the end of February. I was DYING for it to come in. I had used the treatment & lotion a long time ago and the treatment cleared my acne but it came back months later and I tried benzogel but it didn't do ANYTHING for me so I ordered the whole kit. my skin was getting awful. like EVERYONE was commenting on it!!!!! especially that I had beautiful clear skin.

so I got it...I followed the instructions. every day I woke up with CLEARER, BETTER, MORE BEAUTIFUL SKIn!!!!!!!

but...

after about 2-3 weeks of using it my skin is dry as hell. I stopped using the treatment in the hope it clears. I got jojoba oil too. around my eyes is like a sahara, its so flaking and awful. my skin texture from close up is bad, very dry and flaky.

is it worth the dryness and eye irritation that my skin is clear? HELL YEAH.

TRY IT. I RECOMMEND IT. be sparingly with the treatment. or maybe its the lotion that is hurting my eyes, who knows!

by Toluwalope on 03/30/2016 17:26
I noticed that when I was using the lotion my eyes would sting, I stopped using it and instead use coconut oil and shea butter and its sooo much better
Good for young adult acne
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

Overall I'm liking the results of my face. Everyone around me has notice a difference. I have been using these products since the first week of January and I haven't really notice any new zits popping up. My face is moderate when it comes to acne( I am 21 and have been dealing with acne since I was 12), I would get these huge painful bumps which was one thing that really bothered me the most. I still have some acne scars but I've notice there are minimizing now. The only complaint I have is the moisturizer isn't very moisturizing. I still use it though and just add on my Clinique SPF 20 moisturizer afterwards. I am considering buying the Jojoba oil to add on to the moisturizer to see if that will help. But I'm sure I'll still be using my Clinique moisturizer just because it has an SPF in it.

The only thing that works for my young adult acne!!
Reviewed on February 24, 2016

Dan please don't ever discontinue this or change it or take it away! Truly a game changer for skincare. I thank you so much for this

Works!
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

This is a review of the acne.org regimen INCLUDING the AHA moisturizer.

I am 44 yrs old. I have struggled with non-inflammatory acne (blackheads & whiteheads) since I was 16. I also have anti aging concerns as well - i.e. fine lines, uneven skin tone and texture. I was exhausted trying to combat BOTH of my skincare issues effectively!

Enter acne.org. I had serious reservations using BPO on my 44 yr old skin as I "heard" it would kill healthy skin cells along with acne causing bacteria. Absolutely not true! Benzoyl peroxide in a 2.5% concentration will indeed kill acne bacteria, and will not damage skin cells at all. My skin has never, I mean never looked better in my life!!

My routine follows Dan's regimen 100% accurate to his instructions. I use the AHA Moisturizer 3-4 nights per week after my BPO soaks in. I LOVE this moisturizer. It makes my skin soooo smooth and bump free!

Thank you Dan for such amazing and affordable skin care for those of us with acne AND those of us with acne PLUS aging concerns. It's great for both :)

Effective but....
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

I was on my 2nd week of using this regimen and i can say about 70% of my acne has already cleared up. But my face was so itchy, flaky, rough, red and everytime I'd apply the bp and moisturizer my face would burn.

Is that normal?

Now is the 3rd week and I don't know what went wrong but a lot of pimples are starting to pop on my face and now i woke up with dry blood on my cheek, i might've accidentally scratched or touched it during the night when i was sleeping :((

Oh and my face is getting darker and still feels like sandpaper.

by JustanotherMarian on 05/15/2016 14:52
Now on my fourth month and it has been amazing, my face no longer felt like sandpaper and definitely no more acne :) only problem is i think the color of my face is getting darker lol
Use with caution! Real experience for me.
Reviewed on February 20, 2016

Hi, I was a long time regimen user from 2006 - 2011.

My face was breaking out horribly when I was 17. I tried a lot of over the counter acne products and skin care (which made things worse) before trying the regimen.

After trying the regimen for a month, my face cleared up dramatically and was left with only red marks and little bit of whiteheads. I used a gentle cleanser, full amount of bp, and cetaphil lotion. I was getting compliments of my skin and I had a fabulous skin until December of 2010. One day I woke up in the morning, my face was really red, cracky, puffy, and full of whiteheads and postures. I was so shocked! I thought the regimen was gonna keep me clear until I become 30 or something. I thought I didn't put enough moisturizer so I kept using the regimen with a lot more moisturizer. It only made things worse. At that time, I stopped using the regimen and went to different skin care places to find cure for my skin. Found out, I became very allergic to bp after five years of usage. Even if I dap a little bit of bp on my face, it became red, flaky, and itchy. After trying to find the new way of dealing with acne, my skin was worse than before starting the regimen and was breaking out with cysts every morning.

Then I had a thought. What if I use something simple with sulfur and salicynic acid? I did a lot of research and began to use coral kavi soap and cerave lotion. After few weeks of use, My skin cleared up with no marks! I was so surprised by the result of simple regimen! I didn't have to spend two hours of life everyday to put massive amount of bp and moisturizer! I kept the same regimen for 5 years until a month ago.

In December of 2015, my face started breaking out a little bit. The symptom was the same except it wasn't as bad as when I got off from the dan's regimen. I had pimples here and there and with help of cetaphil cream, I stayed somewhat clear. But then one day when I woke up, I looked in my car's mirror and my right side of my face was full of white heads. I knew something was wrong. I kept using it thinking that I don't even know what I need to do at this point. Things were staying the same except I was getting painful pus filled pimples again. Then I realized Whenever i overuse a harah product for a long period of time, things just stop working and makes my skin condition worse and irritated.

Starting two weeks ago, I started using purpose soap to wash my face, put Keeva tea tree oil, and moisturize with cetaphil cream or lotion. Now I added Dead Sea mud mask pack for weekly cleansing and am going to try garnier's moisturizing gel for day time moisturizer and thayles witch hazel as a toner.

This time, ever since I quickly got off the kavi soap, my face looks and feels a lot better and I stopped breaking out. I'm just dealing with what was left behind for the last few months. Thing are looking positive and am experimenting and researching for a more less irritating and natural way of dealing with acne. This time is a lot better since I became a little older than when I got off bp. By the way I'm 27 years old now.

For some people, regardless of whatever regimen, your skin is gonna be irritated and going to see worse results after long period of use. I know that dan's regimen worked great for me. But if I think about it now, it was only a temporary relief from the acne. It was dealing with acne, however, it didn't deal with the overall health of the skin condition. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try the regimen. It works! However you should lessen the usage and dosage once you become used to the regimen. For any harsh acne dealing product, you should lessen it and find a better way of dealing with acne.

I decided to write a review here to share my experience with the regimen and my acne history for the last 10 years.

I'm back to browsing the Internet trying to find something that's gonna keep me clear. This time, something less irritating and more natural.

by SweetChannel on 05/04/2016 07:40
Try Paula's Choice line. It has changed my life and it is made for your specific skin type. I got acne at 23 and I am now 27. Let me know if you have any questions or want more in depth info.
Skin is dry and flaky!
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

I have had acne for probably 5 years. I'm a sophomore in high school and my acne has turned me into the most antisocial person you'll ever meet, because I'm so embarrassed to be in public where I know all anyone looks at is my skin. I decided to try something new because my proactiv plus just wasn't doing the trick. I had been using it for a long time and still just wasn't consistently clear. I have been using the regimen for almost 3 weeks now and my skin is disgusting. My acne is worse than it was, but that isn't the biggest issue. It is so dry than my face is flaking. It's really embarrassing and uncomfortable. I ordered the jojoba oil yesterday because I heard that might help. I'll post again after seeing if that works!

by Isha.T on 02/11/2016 02:46
Patience is the key. I just started my second month and my skin was very dry, dark and disgusiting as well. But the results afterwards is worth it!
by Isha.T on 02/11/2016 02:46
by Torie Hatfield on 02/18/2016 04:08
I second that. It took 2-3 months for my dryness to clear but man was it ever worth it. Just slather on moisturizer whenever you need it.