Page 4 of The Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 248 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
The Regimen

Maybe too early for a review ,but I'll risk it.
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

I switched from using exposed skincare to using the regimen, about a week ago. So far I feel like it's working great and I actually haven't even experienced dry skin just too bad! I am taking it really easy on the benzoyl peroxide but am using it twice a day as my skin was used to having strong product on it. I LOVE how it feels on your skin though!It's just so light! So I'm gonna say so far,so good!!

Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I have been a loyal customer to the regimen for about two years now. I had tried everything, Proactiv, Clinique, drugstore brands, they all worked for a little time or did not work at all. I found this site and did my research and decided it wouldnt hurt to try something new. I am SO happy that I did, this has cleared my skin and I only recieve about one monthly zit. I love this regime and I will stay loyal forever. If you are on the brick of giving up, give this a try! It will work for you!!

PS: I had very oily skin and was very prone to breakouts but on this regimen it has reduced my oil production!

Not for me
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

So I never write reviews but in this case I thought it was necessary. I have very sensitive/problematic skin with moderate acne. I've tried so many different drugstore products and nothing worked for me. So I did my research and decided to order the regimen with the jojoba oil. I followed the instructions very carefully and it seemed to be working for the first two weeks but then things started to go downhill. My skin got SOOOOO dry. Especially around my chin, mouth and nose. I could barely open my mouth without my skin cracking. I layered on the jojoba oil and moisturizer but nothing worked. My acne started coming back, my skin was red and very irritated and I was losing hope but I decided to keep using the products. Then I reached the 1 month mark and decided maybe the gycolic acid would help with the dryness... WORST decision of my life. My skin got waaaay worse. My skin burned, turned red (and stayed red) and the dryness got even worse. It made me so upset that I decided to take a break from using the product. I couldn't stand the dryness, burning and discomfort anymore. My guess is my skin is too sensitive for this product. I may continue using it as a spot treatment once my skin has healed but I'm not sure. So to all you fair, sensitive skinned beauties out there, proceed with caution.

by gabzilllaa on 03/03/2015 20:35
The same thing was happening to me and I started to use less benzoyl peroxide and made a honey and avocado mask. It got rid of the super dry patches on my chin and cheeks. I hope this helps.
by AML on 03/04/2015 22:03
Thank you! If I decide to try the regimen again I will definitely try that out :)
Better than my prescriptions
Reviewed on February 25, 2015

I've waited 2 long depressing years for this moment. I went on 3 different prescription meds and none of them did a thing. My acne got so bad, people were recommending me acne products without me even asking! I even had someone pull me in to their bathroom and start applying their crappy acne product on my face!! Yeah, that actually pissed me the hell off. And to make things worse, their cheap product broke me out all over! Oh well, thank god I had the regimen to clean all that up.

It's been four months since I started using the regimen and my face is 100% clear. My hundreds of scars are almost gone too! I've been getting compliments on my complexion lately. I haven't had compliments on my skin since I was in high school.

It took about a month before I noticed a decent change. I went from breaking out everyday to every week. After about 3 months, all my blackheads and small bumps went away (those are almost impossible to get rid off!). At four months, my scars are barely noticeable and as of now, I'm acne free.

The first month was a nightmare. I've never seen my skin so dry in my life. I had to stop applying it twice a day and switch to just once a night. I only used the cleanser and the moisturizer in the morning and the full regimen at night, but even doing that, my skin was super flakey.

I didn't use the recommended ammount of bp and I still don't to this day. I use less than half as much as the recommended ammount and it still keeps my face clear.

I absolutely love this product and I'll continue to use it the rest of my life if I have to. I honestly haven't been this happy in years. My acne's finaly gone, along with my depression. I actually like what I see in the mirror now. Think I'll go flirt with some ladies today.

Amazing product
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

I have been on this site for years and I've always seen the regimen advertised, but always thought it was just a sales ploy to get people that come here to buy a product that doesn't work, boy was I wrong!

My acne has slowly been coming back after a third round on accutane and I thought I would give this a shot to finally control this lifelong problem. Especially since while accutane has worked for me, my acne has always come back.

I've used this regimen for about a month and I'm completely clear! I don't have one pimple. I seriously can't believe it. The only complaint I have is that it makes my skin very dry, especially when I try to use make-up but I've been experimenting with putting more jojoba oil into the moisturizer and its helping a lot!

Also, I can't recommend enough how important it is to start SLOWLY. I'm sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, but I started very slowly and the moisturizer balances out the benzoyl peroxide.

This is a time consuming regimen but I don't even care. My skin means everything to me and I'm so happy. My skin looks like it did while on accutane and I hope it stays this way. :)

by AmberS on 02/26/2015 00:11
Hi ive just started my second week on the regimen and like you my skin in sensitive to wel anything , my skin is starting to dry out too , I have the jojoba oil I was just wondering how much you mix in with your moisturiser? I never know if I am putting enough into the moisturer 🙈🙈💋 x
by ashack on 04/07/2015 00:41
Hi Amber! Sorry, I didn't see your comment til now. I'm extremely generous with the jojoba oil since my skin is super dry now. That is literally my only complaint about this regimen. My skin is completely clear but it's so dry. If I didn't have jojoba oil I would be screwed. Also, I just started using the AHA and that has helped a little with the flakiness! Good luck on the regimen.
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

If only the shipping to Australia was less costly...

Great products, especially the BP which seems more soothing than the cheaper Dr Song version. Really compliment each other well. What would I do without Dan's products? Probably hide again for another 10 years!

so far.... so good! 1month + 1 week in.
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

I NEVER make reviews on anything! Let alone, on the internet. But I have to say... regimen truly does work! I am not where I want to be, but I do see results. Most if not all of my cystic acne have diminished and the red/dark scarring are slowly but surely fading. My acne was so bad that I couldn't walk around my own home around my own family, without feeling insecure. It was THAT bad. Even at work, Being around women with beautiful skin, they would comment on my acne, giving me advices and such. It was absolutely embarrassing! I'm not at that point yet where I can leave my house bare-faced. But when I do wear make-up to cover up the scaring and even out my skin tone, no bumps and lumps peak through anymore. I now get compliments from the same women giving me advices and telling me my skin looks so much more refreshed and flawless. Best part? ... I've only been using the regimen for a little over a month!! And just a few days ago I placed my second order! I am certain by the time Spring/Summer rolls around (I am in Canada) I will be able to enjoy the sun on my face and not have to worry about my makeup melting off ;)

by meepaula on 05/20/2015 04:23
Hello, I just ordered this product & very excited to give this regimen a try (after I tried tons of different things to get rid of my acne) I just wanted to ask you, how are doing it when your putting make up? Do you do the 3 steps also? Do you put spf? I am not sure if I can give up make up while on this regimen bec of my skin condition so I wanted to know how do you do it when you have to put make up. Thank you in advance :)
Reviewed on January 17, 2015

I've used the regimen for over two years now, and while my skin has definitely improved, I still break out quite frequently. Following the exact steps of the regimen takes an annoying amount of time, and if I don't follow the procedure exactly I break out even more. The regimen doesn't work badly, but since it's so time consuming it's not really worth the results I've been seeing.

Been using since 2005
Reviewed on December 24, 2014

Back in 05, I played around with my acne before college started. Mistake. I had a huge acne breakout, suntanned on minocycline, ended up with a bad bad complexion. Somehow found First night my mom noticed improvement. Few weeks less and less acne.

Think of this stuff like a bunch of archers at a castle gate. The archers(the regimen) and the charging orcs(acne). Some orcs get through but most of the acne is killed from a distance.

This regimen takes a lot of experimenting. It can dry your face out really bad if you use to much benzoyl and not enough moisturizer. Redface in the day stuff.

I love this stuff and I know what my face looks like when I stop using it.

Just wear less during the day, and a ton at night if you have bad acne. Lots and lots of moisturizer during the night sessions. Alternate the amount you use at night. Try to find the balance between the drying benzoyl and the moisturizer. Balance is hard to figure out.

1. Watch out how you sleep. Are you smashing your face into your pillow case? Hair gel and hair stuff could be adding to your acne. Train yourself to sleep on your back or change pillow cases often.

2. Dont touch your face obviously, use a napkin. Bathroom toilet seat covers are great for wiping away face oil.

3. Shaving or electric shaver? electric could reduce a ton of metal scrapping on the skin.

4. Be gentle.

5. Be healthy

6. Breath and find ways to meditate

7. No sun

I've thought about what I'd write on this page for 9 years. Kinda stupid, but when you're at your lowest (acne wise), and something like the regimen saves you, it means a lot.

A BIG thank you
Reviewed on December 7, 2014

I have tried medication (both western and chinese) and different methods to cure my acne. some of them worked for a while and then stopped working, and some made my problem even worse. The side-effects for western medicine was extremely significant as it caused severe diarrhoea.

Regimen was a bit of a pain to start with, but I am very glad that I started it. It was the best decision I could have ever made.