Page 3 of The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 290 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Thanks god!!!!!!!
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

I don't even know where to start but all I can say is thank god for this product. It literally saved my life.

I've had mild consistent acne since age 15. (22 now)

Acne was destroying my life. My social life was non existent because I was so embarrassed to show my face around my friends or even be photographed. I tried every single product OTC known to man up until I was 20. I'm a male and I began getting so insecure and empty inside from my appearance I started to wear make up just to hide a few blemishes here and there. I started to get very suicidal. Never looking in mirrors and hated myself for what my face was becoming. Everyone was making comments on my skin. Making fun of me. Asking if I was wearing makeup.

When I was 20 I decided to go start accutane.

This cleared my acne completely and I was 100% clear and blemish free!!!!!!....... For only 2 months after my course ended. Then my face was covered once again.

The side affects I experienced with accutane were so bad I couldn't push myself into doing another course.

I don't know how it took me so long to find this website and this regimen but I stumbled across acne.org product reviews and couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was toooo good to be true. I mean. I ever tried accutane and it didn't work so how could this.

Finally I said f**k it and bought the starter for acne.org.

My first 3 weeks were miserable. Dry red flaky. My eyes looked inflamed from the irritation. PUSH THROUGH IT!!!!!!!! I'm now on week 9 and my skin is doing amazing. It took a little over a month to show results but consistentsy is defiantly key! Don't give up!!!!!!!

I could cry I'm so happy on how my skin looks right now. It has never looked better and every week that passes it improves more and more.

I have a pimple here and there still but it pops and heals very quickly.

This product is a god sent and I strongly encourage anyone who has hit rock bottom to try this!!!!! It is worth every single penny!!!!!

This product saved my life..

Now that I'm clear I'm Right now I'm working on getting rid of my hypserpigmentation marks from old acne.

Unfortunately the AHA+ from dans line which helps fade dark marks even faster didn't cooperate with my skin. Waited 6 weeks before adding it in and my skin freaked out and broke out like crazy. Once I stopped using it and just stuck with the basic regimen my skin went back to normal. Not for everyone I guess buy yeah.

Just wanted to encourage everyone who is suffering from acne to try this product and don't give up! Stay consistent!

This is it!!!

Yippee!
Reviewed on April 22, 2016

i love the regimen.

I have been dealing with fairly mild but consistent acne since I was an early teen (I'm 25 now) and tried every product under the sun. Harsh clearasil, gentle brands like Simple, all natural products... Expensive Dermalogica. Nothing seemed to help and about six months ago my skin completely freaked out, I had blackheads, whiteheads, tiny little bumps all over my face and red swollen sore bumps that were painful. I didn't want to leave my house and could only do so after spending an insane amount of time covering my skin in makeup.

I started using duac at nighttime in January (3 months ago) which is BP 3% and an antibiotic, with my gentle Dermalogica cleanser and own brand superdrug moisturiser with jojoba oil. For a couple of days it was fine, but after that for the next three weeks my skin was red, flakey, irritated and stingy especially on my cheeks and around my mouth, where the skin is less oily. THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE TO PERSIST!

My skin was very slowly starting to clear up, and after six weeks I switched to acne.org products (but keeping duac) and using aha every other night after BP. Now I have just a few persistent blackheads on my nose, only noticeable by me. I have had so many compliments on my skin and am so so happy I found this website and learnt about irritation and stopped scrubbing my face and overloading it with harsh products.

Now I just use pore strips a couple of times a week and a body shop clay mask on Sundays. I can't tell you how much this has improved my confidence and my life! I really recommend reading "breaking out" by Lydia Preston as well it is a really good thing to read and understand acne. I sat and read it in one go - learning about how to deal with acne is the first step!!!

P.s. Remember to ALWAYS wear sunscreen using BP and AHA - trust me on that! If you don't you get sunburnt irritated skin and will break out a few weeks later!! Factor 30 people!

Great but not for everyone. Please read.
Reviewed on April 1, 2016

Let me begin with some background knowledge, I'm 17 and I've have had acne for approximately 3 1/2 years now. Sometimes it's just a pimple here and there, but other times I break out excessively, and being a junior in high school it sucks having to deal with acne, as it would for anyone. I've gone to two dermatologists but the topical gels they have prescribed to me only work for a short period of time. Before starting the regimen, I had about 4-6 pimples nesting on my face, so I decided to take care of it before it got worse. I used the regimen for about 3 months and my acne got worse, but I kept using it because I heard it "takes time" for some people. Furthermore, I determined that the Benzoyl Peroxide and my skin just weren't "simpatico" with each other. I no longer use the Benzoyl Peroxide but I still use the cleanser along with the moisturizer and have seen my face start to clear up. I'm not saying that the Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't work because there are many success stories, but for some people it might not due to various reasons.

Love IT!
Reviewed on March 30, 2016

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! after a couple of days using it my acne seemed to calm down, wasn't flaring up as it use to. the only thing I didn't like is that it dried out my skin and I have VERY oily skin. so I stopped using the moisturizer and instead use Shea butter or my boscia hydrating moisturizer. I have recommended it to my friends who have acne.

It works.. with some side effects
Reviewed on March 4, 2016

First, let me start off by saying that THIS TAKES time. Some people may see immediate results, but most do not. I tried the regimen 3-4 years ago for a month and when it didn't work, I just gave up. In between that, I went on spironolactone, birth control, antibiotics, etc. Even though these treatments are all safe, I just did not like depending on pharmaceuticals to make my acne go away. Spironolactone worked the best for me but since the research on long term use is dodgy at best, I decided to give the regimen a try again.

I did not see any changes the first month, in fact, my acne probably got way worse. I started the regimen in Early October. Guess when I started seeing results? MID FEBRUARY. You have to be diligent and use it regularly. The drying is terrible and moisturizer will be your best friend. It's expensive (my spiro was like $7 per month). Even after four months, if I don't slather on the moisturizer, my skin gets angry and flaky. I am worried about wrinkles, but it's really helped keep my acne at bay.

I still have little pimples before my period. However, they never fully form and go away in a couple of days. I also switched to using this in the morning only on my trouble spots (chin, around mouth, forehead) and then I do the whole sha-bang at night. Try it, it works! But again, MOISTURIZE or you'll hate yourself.

EDIT: The AHA did not do much for me. I used it for a while, did not really notice any changes and stopped use. Stick to the benzoyl peroxide from this line. I use Trader Joe's cleanser and cetaphil with a little bit of coconut oil added in for moisturizer.

The GREAT but the BAD
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

so I got this at the end of February. I was DYING for it to come in. I had used the treatment & lotion a long time ago and the treatment cleared my acne but it came back months later and I tried benzogel but it didn't do ANYTHING for me so I ordered the whole kit. my skin was getting awful. like EVERYONE was commenting on it!!!!! especially that I had beautiful clear skin.

so I got it...I followed the instructions. every day I woke up with CLEARER, BETTER, MORE BEAUTIFUL SKIn!!!!!!!

but...

after about 2-3 weeks of using it my skin is dry as hell. I stopped using the treatment in the hope it clears. I got jojoba oil too. around my eyes is like a sahara, its so flaking and awful. my skin texture from close up is bad, very dry and flaky.

is it worth the dryness and eye irritation that my skin is clear? HELL YEAH.

TRY IT. I RECOMMEND IT. be sparingly with the treatment. or maybe its the lotion that is hurting my eyes, who knows!

by Toluwalope on 03/30/2016 17:26
I noticed that when I was using the lotion my eyes would sting, I stopped using it and instead use coconut oil and shea butter and its sooo much better
Good for young adult acne
Reviewed on March 1, 2016

Overall I'm liking the results of my face. Everyone around me has notice a difference. I have been using these products since the first week of January and I haven't really notice any new zits popping up. My face is moderate when it comes to acne( I am 21 and have been dealing with acne since I was 12), I would get these huge painful bumps which was one thing that really bothered me the most. I still have some acne scars but I've notice there are minimizing now. The only complaint I have is the moisturizer isn't very moisturizing. I still use it though and just add on my Clinique SPF 20 moisturizer afterwards. I am considering buying the Jojoba oil to add on to the moisturizer to see if that will help. But I'm sure I'll still be using my Clinique moisturizer just because it has an SPF in it.

The only thing that works for my young adult acne!!
Reviewed on February 24, 2016

Dan please don't ever discontinue this or change it or take it away! Truly a game changer for skincare. I thank you so much for this

Works!
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

This is a review of the acne.org regimen INCLUDING the AHA moisturizer.

I am 44 yrs old. I have struggled with non-inflammatory acne (blackheads & whiteheads) since I was 16. I also have anti aging concerns as well - i.e. fine lines, uneven skin tone and texture. I was exhausted trying to combat BOTH of my skincare issues effectively!

Enter acne.org. I had serious reservations using BPO on my 44 yr old skin as I "heard" it would kill healthy skin cells along with acne causing bacteria. Absolutely not true! Benzoyl peroxide in a 2.5% concentration will indeed kill acne bacteria, and will not damage skin cells at all. My skin has never, I mean never looked better in my life!!

My routine follows Dan's regimen 100% accurate to his instructions. I use the AHA Moisturizer 3-4 nights per week after my BPO soaks in. I LOVE this moisturizer. It makes my skin soooo smooth and bump free!

Thank you Dan for such amazing and affordable skin care for those of us with acne AND those of us with acne PLUS aging concerns. It's great for both :)

Effective but....
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

I was on my 2nd week of using this regimen and i can say about 70% of my acne has already cleared up. But my face was so itchy, flaky, rough, red and everytime I'd apply the bp and moisturizer my face would burn.

Is that normal?

Now is the 3rd week and I don't know what went wrong but a lot of pimples are starting to pop on my face and now i woke up with dry blood on my cheek, i might've accidentally scratched or touched it during the night when i was sleeping :((

Oh and my face is getting darker and still feels like sandpaper.

by JustanotherMarian on 05/15/2016 14:52
Now on my fourth month and it has been amazing, my face no longer felt like sandpaper and definitely no more acne :) only problem is i think the color of my face is getting darker lol