Page 3 of The Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 242 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Not for my skin...
Reviewed on April 21, 2015

I have been using the regimen for almost a month now, and i havent seen a change in my skin. I really dont like it at all, my skin is extrmely dry and does not feel really nice. Its horrible with my makeup, makes it looks so cakey uggg...will not order again....Gonna be trying Natural Dermis...

by Lianam95 on 05/19/2015 10:25
It's ALWAYS like this at first. At first for me because I wasn't willing to give up wearing make up with how bad my acne was but it gets better DONT give up yet!
by purplehc on 07/07/2015 21:40
Same happened to me during the first month dry skin with little improvement that looked terrible under makeup. UNTIL month 2!! I started the regimen May 10th with severe acne, an uncountable amount of pimples/cysts, even some with multiple heads :( now on July 7th, I have ONE pimple. ONE small pimple on my chin that is hardly noticeable! It truly is a miracle. I know it is really tough to get through that first month of dry skin, but if you ever come back to the regimen stick it out for one more month!!
AMAZING!!! Started working immediately!
Reviewed on April 10, 2015

I have struggled with severe acne since I was really young. Nothing ever worked to get rid of my acne to a point that i felt comfortable wearing little to no makeup. I saw this regimen on this random video on youtube and was like that looks amazing. so i did some (or should i say a ton) of research. I decided after a few weeks to just go ahead and take the plunge. I had pretty high hopes ones a figured the product could never amount up to but boy was i wrong! I started this regimen and within three day (yeah three days) my skin was already starting to look so much better. I was getting compliment from friend and my family! I hadn't told any one i was starting this btw. Ive been on this for awhile now and i can say that my skin has never ever looked this good!! it really shocks me that not only did it get rid of my current acne but any future breakouts like whatsoever! i haven't had one pimple in over 2 weeks! like what!! I recommend this product to any one and everyone who suffers with mild to sever acne it will change you skin and it change your confidence! Oh and make sure to buy the jojoba oil with the regimen because unless your like extremely oily this will dry you out seriously for the first week or so. but if you use the jojoba oil you will be good to go!

Something is finally working!
Reviewed on March 3, 2015

It has been such a horrible experience trying to find something to get rid of my acne. I'm so glad that I stumbled upon an success story on YouTube. This stuff is really good and if you follow it closely you will for sure start seeing a difference in your skin after a month. My skin was starting to get SUPER dry because I was trying to get a finger's worth of BP like the instructions say but I had to cut back and only do a little less than half in the day time and half of the BP in the night time. I used a honey and avocado mask to get rid of the dry patches and it worked. I use the Neutrogena clear faces spf and use the Mario Badescu healing and soothing mask at night. I'm just really happy about this product and glad I don't have to keep searching.

by Avilaaa16 on 03/17/2015 05:30
How did you make the avocado and honey mask? My skin is really dry and peeling a lot.
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 22:47
I just got avocado and this honey: [link removed] I got mine at Whole Foods! I heard that Manuka honey is more effective if you wanna buy that but I just used what I had at my house. I really hope this works for you! Use it for about 20-30 minutes.
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 22:47
by gabzilllaa on 03/25/2015 23:07
make sure the honey is organic!
This. Works. 2 weeks in.
Reviewed on March 22, 2015

Since about 5 years ago I have had oily and acne prone skin. The last 1-2 years it has taken a turn for the worse and at times my chin was totally covered in white horrible cysts and what not. This have certainly affected me negatively. I get VERY self-conscious when I'm talking to someone and I know I have acne all over my face. The most days I'd like to stay home so that I won't get in contact with any other human.

I've tried cleaning and moisturizing morning and evening to no avail, perhaps this was due to not being gentle enough, whatever it didn't work at all. The last couple of months I've been trying the caveman regimen, e.g do not wash or in any manner treat your face. I believe that for people that aren't acne prone, this may just work due to the irritation caused by overusing products. For my part, this just made my face look really awful. The acne didn't disappear and my face took on a grainy and bumpy texture. I kept waiting for the caveman regimen to start working, It never did. The hyperpigmentation from old acne lingered and made my face look all red even if I at the time didn't have any active acne.

Stumbled upon this site and thought "What the hell, It doesn't matter if things get worse now". And the first couple of days it might have. My skin got very flaky, red and itched like hell. Had a couple of acne popping up in my chin area, as per usual. I'm now 2 weeks into the routine and the benzoyl peroxide isn't the pain in the ass it used to be. Okay now to the pros. All active acne has subsided and my hyperpigmentation is fading slowly. The one thing that stands out the most perhaps is the texture of my face. It is completely smooth. I can't remember a time when my face was this smooth to the touch. This regimen is just amazing in so many ways. Haven't been using Dan's products but similiar products that can be found in the country I live.

I would recommend this to everyone who has acne problem. Thanks Dan, your great!

Maybe too early for a review ,but I'll risk it.
Reviewed on March 11, 2015

I switched from using exposed skincare to using the regimen, about a week ago. So far I feel like it's working great and I actually haven't even experienced dry skin just too bad! I am taking it really easy on the benzoyl peroxide but am using it twice a day as my skin was used to having strong product on it. I LOVE how it feels on your skin though!It's just so light! So I'm gonna say so far,so good!!

Reviewed on March 1, 2015

I have been a loyal customer to the regimen for about two years now. I had tried everything, Proactiv, Clinique, drugstore brands, they all worked for a little time or did not work at all. I found this site and did my research and decided it wouldnt hurt to try something new. I am SO happy that I did, this has cleared my skin and I only recieve about one monthly zit. I love this regime and I will stay loyal forever. If you are on the brick of giving up, give this a try! It will work for you!!

PS: I had very oily skin and was very prone to breakouts but on this regimen it has reduced my oil production!

Not for me
Reviewed on March 1, 2015

So I never write reviews but in this case I thought it was necessary. I have very sensitive/problematic skin with moderate acne. I've tried so many different drugstore products and nothing worked for me. So I did my research and decided to order the regimen with the jojoba oil. I followed the instructions very carefully and it seemed to be working for the first two weeks but then things started to go downhill. My skin got SOOOOO dry. Especially around my chin, mouth and nose. I could barely open my mouth without my skin cracking. I layered on the jojoba oil and moisturizer but nothing worked. My acne started coming back, my skin was red and very irritated and I was losing hope but I decided to keep using the products. Then I reached the 1 month mark and decided maybe the gycolic acid would help with the dryness... WORST decision of my life. My skin got waaaay worse. My skin burned, turned red (and stayed red) and the dryness got even worse. It made me so upset that I decided to take a break from using the product. I couldn't stand the dryness, burning and discomfort anymore. My guess is my skin is too sensitive for this product. I may continue using it as a spot treatment once my skin has healed but I'm not sure. So to all you fair, sensitive skinned beauties out there, proceed with caution.

by gabzilllaa on 03/03/2015 20:35
The same thing was happening to me and I started to use less benzoyl peroxide and made a honey and avocado mask. It got rid of the super dry patches on my chin and cheeks. I hope this helps.
by AML on 03/04/2015 22:03
Thank you! If I decide to try the regimen again I will definitely try that out :)
Better than my prescriptions
Reviewed on February 25, 2015

I've waited 2 long depressing years for this moment. I went on 3 different prescription meds and none of them did a thing. My acne got so bad, people were recommending me acne products without me even asking! I even had someone pull me in to their bathroom and start applying their crappy acne product on my face!! Yeah, that actually pissed me the hell off. And to make things worse, their cheap product broke me out all over! Oh well, thank god I had the regimen to clean all that up.

It's been four months since I started using the regimen and my face is 100% clear. My hundreds of scars are almost gone too! I've been getting compliments on my complexion lately. I haven't had compliments on my skin since I was in high school.

It took about a month before I noticed a decent change. I went from breaking out everyday to every week. After about 3 months, all my blackheads and small bumps went away (those are almost impossible to get rid off!). At four months, my scars are barely noticeable and as of now, I'm acne free.

The first month was a nightmare. I've never seen my skin so dry in my life. I had to stop applying it twice a day and switch to just once a night. I only used the cleanser and the moisturizer in the morning and the full regimen at night, but even doing that, my skin was super flakey.

I didn't use the recommended ammount of bp and I still don't to this day. I use less than half as much as the recommended ammount and it still keeps my face clear.

I absolutely love this product and I'll continue to use it the rest of my life if I have to. I honestly haven't been this happy in years. My acne's finaly gone, along with my depression. I actually like what I see in the mirror now. Think I'll go flirt with some ladies today.

Amazing product
Reviewed on January 30, 2015

I have been on this site for years and I've always seen the regimen advertised, but always thought it was just a sales ploy to get people that come here to buy a product that doesn't work, boy was I wrong!

My acne has slowly been coming back after a third round on accutane and I thought I would give this a shot to finally control this lifelong problem. Especially since while accutane has worked for me, my acne has always come back.

I've used this regimen for about a month and I'm completely clear! I don't have one pimple. I seriously can't believe it. The only complaint I have is that it makes my skin very dry, especially when I try to use make-up but I've been experimenting with putting more jojoba oil into the moisturizer and its helping a lot!

Also, I can't recommend enough how important it is to start SLOWLY. I'm sensitive to benzoyl peroxide, but I started very slowly and the moisturizer balances out the benzoyl peroxide.

This is a time consuming regimen but I don't even care. My skin means everything to me and I'm so happy. My skin looks like it did while on accutane and I hope it stays this way. :)

by AmberS on 02/26/2015 00:11
Hi ive just started my second week on the regimen and like you my skin in sensitive to wel anything , my skin is starting to dry out too , I have the jojoba oil I was just wondering how much you mix in with your moisturiser? I never know if I am putting enough into the moisturer 🙈🙈💋 x
by ashack on 04/07/2015 00:41
Hi Amber! Sorry, I didn't see your comment til now. I'm extremely generous with the jojoba oil since my skin is super dry now. That is literally my only complaint about this regimen. My skin is completely clear but it's so dry. If I didn't have jojoba oil I would be screwed. Also, I just started using the AHA and that has helped a little with the flakiness! Good luck on the regimen.
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

If only the shipping to Australia was less costly...

Great products, especially the BP which seems more soothing than the cheaper Dr Song version. Really compliment each other well. What would I do without Dan's products? Probably hide again for another 10 years!