Page 3 of Acne.org The Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 177 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Amazing...changed my life!
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

I never write reviews but this product is absolutely amazing. Not only do you see results fast but now its been three months and my skin is perfectly clear and soft, it's better than its ever been! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Regimennnm
Reviewed on February 15, 2014

This stuff is AMAZING only if you use it properly. I have never ever wrote a review on anything but I feel the need to now. I'm 20 years old. Have been suffering from acne since the age of 13. I have literally tried everything from searching on the Internet, recommendation from friends and obviously weekly visits to the doctors. Nothing lasted long. Another thing to take in to accoun is that I'm vey impatient. I ordered te regimen about a year and a half ago. The full kit. I used it for two weeks and when it used to be itchy or drying I did not use it sumtimes 1 whole day or 2 nights in a row. My acne looked worse. I thougt this is not workin for me and I threw them away . Three weeks ago my acne was the worst it has ever been I started searching for products again an didn't even have enough money. I kept coming across acne.org and thought to myself let's give it another try and follow it strictly . I can honestly say it's doing a great job I can't wait till my face is fully clear.

Quick and effective!
Reviewed on February 15, 2014

If i can give you one piece of advice it would be to buy this product TODAY.

I'm 16 and recently i realized that eating healthy, being a vegetarian, and exercising was not enough to keep my skin clear. For the first time in my life i had severe acne across my forehead and temples, and it sucked! I tried putting odd concoctions on my face, honey, toothpaste, all of which never worked. So i did my research, read helpful reviews, then found and bought this product 5 weeks ago. My face has gone from looking like a war-zone to being almost completely clear. Instead of getting 5 breakouts a day, i get almost 2 a week! The only downside is that this product is harsh on sensitive skin, and requires LOTS of moisturizing. If you don't moisturize and exfoliate your skin will peal, trust me i learned the hard way. But considering all the pros, this product is definitely worth a try, even if you don't like it there is a money back guarantee. What's the worst that could happen?

I hate to think where i would be if i didn't have this product.

This Stuff Works...FAST!!!
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

The regimen is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and believe me I have tried everything! I was so tired of living with adult acne and so glad to have finally found something that really works! I did go through the dry, flaky skin the first week or two, but once my skin adjusted to the treatment I saw a world of difference. I was surprised at how fast the change came about. I use the moisturizer and cleanser twice a day - in the morning and at night. I only use the treatment at night and I use the AHA+ at night too, but only about once a week. This is what works best for my skin so that it does not get so dry (I have dry skin anyway). I have been on the regimen for almost a year now; I wish I would have known about it sooner. All three products are awesome and I cannot live without them!!

love love'
Reviewed on February 9, 2014

I had acne since I was 15, I tried a lot of products such as olay, netrogena, etc. it was mild acne compared to most, but I still get cystic acne here & there and deep rooted pimple that never came to the surface. I tried just about everything until the regimen, I was skeptical at first because I didn't want to waste my money but I rather spend $50-70 on clearing my acne than wasting more on products that didn't work. I'm only about a week in and seriously! all my acne have dried up, I have a scars. I still get small

pimples that goes away in a day. The first 3-4 days were horrible, my skin was dry and tight. Make up didn't look flawless but hey, it's the process you have to go through. I know a lot of people experienced flakiness but so far a week in I haven't since my acne is not that bad I rub my face while using the cleanser a little rougher than Daniel kern instructed also I lessen the BP use because I didn't have acne everywhere just on my cheeks and a small part of forehead. ( I have dry skin before the regimen ) Hopefully my skin returns back to normal without the acne so I can apply my make up flawlessly! I absolutely love this regimen, it gave me confidence to wear no make up of course after my scars clear up as well and it's only been a week! It also helped me keep a routine in washing my face day and night.

amazing
Reviewed on February 3, 2014

It's only been one week using this product and I'm already extremely happy with the results I'm getting. The tiny little bumps I had all over my face are slowly smoothing out. I have a few active breakouts around the side of my face and on my cheeks but it's nothing I can't deal with. The redness, itchiness, and dryness is starting but it's not horrible yet. So far so good! if this is what it's like only a week in I seriously can not wait until I've been using it for a few months.

My second experience using the regimen
Reviewed on February 1, 2014

For the record, I have never wrote a review or took the time to share my experience with any product online because I never felt that it was worth the experience, but I have most defiantly seen a huge change in my skin since using this product and really want to confirm to any non-believers or skeptics that they should either try this out or continue using the regimen even if they haven't seen the results yet. When I was 14 and a freshman in high school I had an occasional breakout here and there either somewhere on my cheek or my forehead, these were just tiny small zits and went away rather quickly naturally. A couple months into the year I not only gained the freshman five or whatever they call it putting on some weight from eating the vending machine junk, I also gained a ton of zits all over my cheeks. They seemed to appear overnight it seems. I continued taking care of my skin the way I always had thinking that they would probably just go away on their own. I can't specifically remember my skin care routine at the time because I was a teen with little to no problems with having flawless young skin. I probably just washed my face with whatever drugstore facial wash my mom put in the bathroom at the time. Anyway, my cheeks broke out and after a while I simply just got use to having them and dealt with it. I had never used foundation, and now on occasion I would use some to cover up. I don't remember constantly picking my face but now I am left with slightly enlarged pores (nothing horrible) and acne scarring or marks here and there.(nothing that cant be covered) My main concern is that I always have hyperpigmentation marks after the breakout that never goes away!! At 22 since my years as a teen the breakouts got worst, they spread from the cheeks to around my chin area and even some around my nose. I started having cystic acne which is under the skin and impossibly painful if you hit it by accident as well as whiteheads and swollen red spots. I can tell you dealing with this so long that I have tried many many products and the majority of them did very little to nothing at all except irritate my skin and break me out further. My only hope like many women is to just cake on the foundation and concealer and hide behind it. Sure the make up hides everything and I look good but its always a terrifying experience to sleep over a friends house and you want to sleep in your make up to avoid the stares. A couple years ago I came along this product and began using it for about a week. My skin got red and burned and began to peel. The reason I stopped was because I had to go out one day with a friend, put the make up over it and it just looked terrible with all the dead skin. I got very embarrassed and quickly dumped the product the next day thinking Id rather just deal with the acne rather than the sensitive red skin. Big mistake! A lot of people never see the results they want on the regimen much like going on a diet because they expect quick easy results. The truth is these things simply take time and patience. You must go through the redness and peeling and dry skin, just do it because I swear it will get better if you continue the regimen the way he suggest. This is my second time using the regimen. I am currently on my 23rd day. I have been pretty consistent with using it the way he tells me but there are days where I messed up a little and got left with a breakout (the breakout was very small and only slightly red this time). The first week is torture because your skin is so red. The most important thing to remember in the beginning is to stick to the right amount of benzoyl peroxide. If you don't use it you MUST start with the small amount he suggests. This is vital, do not assume that if you just start slapping two pumps on from the beginning that your skin will heal faster. WRONG. Your skin will only be more dry, more red, and more sensitive. By the second week you can up your dosage. At some point you will be using the full two pumps twice a day everyday. Almost a week into my use of the regimen my acne had gone down slightly. Skin was still very red and flaky. Although I hated it I tried to avoid using any make up on my face as much as possible, I simply would go out and make a run with my crazy red face and deal with it. You have to be confident on this regimen that these side effects will subside. They will!! ( the timing of results only depend on your skin, how you use the regimen, and patience) By the second week I barley had any active acne, but a lot of redness, peeling, and hyperpigmentation( basically looks like acne from far away so its almost like still having acne everywhere for me) Day 16 I purchased jojoba oil. This is safe to use on regimen. Look up more reviews on it if your unsure about putting something with the word oil in it on your face. Its safe though. I used some jojoba oil mixed in with my moisturizer two times a day and more moisturizer through out the day if I feel really super dry. Just make sure your hands are clean and you barely touch your face and you'll be fine. The jojoba has very much helped with the dryness and well as redness and irritation.(not over night, give it a few days to a week) I believe it even has helped with the hyperpigmentation which has drastically subsided since the beginning of my third week. The past couple days my skin has become less flaky (still dry in certain areas) less red and when I put the two pumps of benzoyl peroxide on my skin it finally does not sting when I let it dry. My skin is not completely clear yet. I still have some dry areas from the benzoyl (my skin is still adjusting) and some hyperpigmentation on my cheeks (this take time to fade) but I believe the jojoba has helped it fade out and will continue to. Either way I have only been using this for 23 days so I'm not disappointed at all with the current results, actually the effects have been pretty fast and realistic. I have no active acne at all. I actually went out to a restaurant today without any foundation and I felt totally comfortable with the slight imperfections. I felt normal for once in my life since I was fourteen. I'm so happy with this product. I am going to wait till I'm finished with the month and try adding a slight tiny amount of AHA for the rest of the peeling and dryness of my face. No matter where your at with this regimen please don't give up. Keep using it, you will look back on the purging process and be happy you stuck through it. I keep a journal of my progress to motivate myself.. If you ever have those days where you feel very doubtful just keep going to this site and reading success stories and positive video reviews!! Best of luck!!!! (And do your research, read this site religiously for information when in doubt)

The regimen review- dan's products
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

I am a 22 year old female and I started the regimen using dan's products two days after Boxing Day 2013. I am from the uk so it cost me just over £100 to get the products and I was super excited to receive them because for the past year I have been suffering from severe acne.

I'll begin with January 2013. I had been at university for a year and a half, I was stressed, eating unhealthily and my skin was breaking out. I wasn't helping myself either because I had always had perfectly flawless skin until I started uni, I had never used foundation just concealer for the odd blemish here and there, and as soon as my skin broke out mildly I freaked and started messing with it.

The combination of meeting new friends all self conscious and obsessed with their looks and lifestyle and the drinking, careless eating habits wearing foundation all impacted my skin harshly. Not to mention coming off the pill completely because I couldn't get back to my hometown often enough to carry on taking it consistently. And what is so obvious to me now I was oblivious to then that I was headed for a complete skin shock.

When my skin broke out at it's worst in June last year I begged the doctor to help me and he prescribed antibiotics and cream.

I had to discard the cream after a week because the damage it did to my skin was shocking however I continued with the antibiotic treatment and cleansing my face morning and night and ofc moisturising.

Eventually my cystic acne subsided but I was left with a few whiteheads here and there and also a face full of scars. Ultimate low. Realising that I couldn't continue on antibiotics forever I stopped taking them and ordered the regimen, praying it would finally save my skin.

I am my exaggerating when I say my face was covered on scars. And from what I have read online this will never go away, the regimen gave me hope after seeing and reading so many positive reviews I spent my savings getting it here ( don't know what I will do when I run out).

Immediately my skin cleared up, little spots came but dried up within a day or so and although it was itchy as hell the first two weeks I persisted because of all the lovely people telling via reviews telling me to keep going and I'm so glad I did because they cleared completely!

Then about the second week maybe half way through I broke out, I wasn't too worried as I had anticipated it due to the reviews and dans guide.

This eventually subsided after a couple of days however I cannot shake the dryness of my skin. I'm not quite yet at the full dosage because of the dryness. I know they tell you not to wear makeup but simply, I can't go to work without makeup and the combination of dryness and makeup do not mix, grim.

Anyway my makeup is non comedogenic and it hasn't irritated my skin. However what is irritating my skin is the dryness. I use aha and it works but there's no step in the guide that seems to work in getting rid of the flaky skin. I've used jojoba oil and the moisturiser and aha, I have done everything they've recommended and I literally cannot shake the dryness.

I'm now 4 weeks in and I'm desperate to know what else I can do, I don't want to change the products I'm using because I've spent so much money on them and they are working it's just the flakiness of my skin is shocking and I need some guidance because I don't want to rub it off because it would irritate my skin and ultimately cause another break out.

Also once I'm clear of this does anyone have the experience of coming off the regimen? Will it ruin everything I've achieved?

Thank you so much if anyone replies and if no one does then thank you anyway dan for this solution to my skin troubles!

Sophie

Don't stop using it or you'll get breakouts!
Reviewed on January 23, 2014

I am a teen with acne-prone skin. My skin is very oily but since this product it has been oily but flaky?

When I first began to use this product it worked tremendously within the first week. I had little acne bumps all over my forehead and active pimples around my mouth, chin and cheeks, pretty much everywhere. Your skin does go through a very harsh stripping of its oils to really just dry out your acne so my skin became very flaky. It took about 3 months for my skin to completely clear and I was left with loads of hyper pigmentation/acne scars. I did not see this as much of a problem since this could be covered with makeup.

Before I continue I would like to say that the moisturizer is too light and did not moisturize well, it was also very oily! :( The cleanser has no acne treatment in it and is VERY comparable to Philosophy's Purity cleanser. It removes makeup very well!

Now months and months passed I would never break out but I would still have this flakiness that would make my liquid foundation not very appealing :( It would be flaky and just not "perfect". At first i thought it was fine, at least my acne was gone! I thought that if I stopped using the Benzoyl Peroxide(BP) it would stop being flaky. I also thought that it would be okay to stop using it since my skin is clear. I was wrong.

I replaced the BP with the Neutragena Stress Control Toner and it really did the trick! No acne, no flakes and makeup was applying perfectly! Little did I know that one week after not using the BP my little forehead acne bumps came back! and now I have about 4 pimples randomly throughout my face.

I quickly stopped using the toner and went back to the BP and it began making my skin flaky again. I started using the BP again a week ago and no improvement yet... In fact, I have gotten 2 new pimples on my cheeks. Hopefully stopping the use of the BP did not ruin my "relationship" with The Regimen forever... Wish me luck in the next few weeks!

One month of usage, happy!
Reviewed on January 13, 2014

I started using it on December 16th, in am (in pm, I was using DIfferin) for a week or two, and afterwards only Regimen (no Differin). It made difference already after the first week! However, I did not follow the dosages of BP and instead listened o my skin - I have tried using more BP but then as soon as I did, my face hurt so much that it was painful to talk! Keep in mind, my acne is mild and only on my chin and forehead, the rest of my face is normal skin. Currently, I only apply it on spots and I have no pimples on my forehead, and 2 pimples on my chin (used to be 10!).

After 2 weeks of using, my face and for some reason neck (though I did not apply any BP on neck) became extreeemly itchy so I had to tell myself to stop scratching it. Now it seems like my skin calmed down since I am not trying to increase BP dosage.