Page 3 of The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 273 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Success in Hartford, WI
Reviewed on January 12, 2016

After buying and trying several products to no avail, I bought your regimen. After 4 weeks, my daughter has a clear face! We are so very happy to have found this website and the products you sell. The moisturizing lotion does not work well for her skin type, but she has substituted my L'Bri gentle moisturizer and that has done the trick. The Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide you sell are the bomb! Thank you!

1st week
Reviewed on January 11, 2016

Its my first week and seems like is working I'll come back in a month.

Not for me
Reviewed on January 10, 2016

I have struggled with moderate/severe cystic acne since I was 12 (I'm currently a 31 y.o. female). I followed this regimen exactly for 4 months with absolutely no improvements in my skin. If you have hormonal acne, this may not work for you.

Will never go back
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

Well, let me start by saying that I'm a 23 year old female and I have had acne since I was about 9 (around the time I got my first period). I also have a skin picking condition that I'm sure many of you are familiar with (dermatillomania) where I compulsively pick my skin, not just acne but everywhere. So the road has been long. I've never had really severe cystic acne (but I do often get cysts), however I had/have moderate acne made much worse by hours spent picking at my face daily.

I got bullied very severely for my face in elementary and middle school so believe me when I say I've tried everything to get rid of acne. Oxypads, accutane, antibiotics, proactiv, all the drugstore regimens, Clinique, baking soda, lemon juice, plain water... You name it, I've tried it. Since high school, I was teetering between "screw it I give up cause nothing will work on my face" and "screw it I'll try anything because I have nothing to lose".

About 5 months ago, I took the plunge and ordered the acne.org regimen. I've known about it forever but was reluctant to try it because I just figured it would either work for a week and stop working or not work at all like all the other things I tried. Let me tell you, if I had pictured myself going in public without a full face of makeup 5 years ago I likely would have laughed at myself and then cried at the thought of it. I never wear makeup now. I will never stray from this product.

That being said, it has had its ups and downs and now I'm in a good place and have found a routine that works for me.

In the first month, it was amazing. It cleared my skin so quickly I thought I was in a dream.

End of the first month, the flakes started coming. Let me tell you, this was a bit of a nightmare. I kept reading reviews saying that they go away after several weeks and they seemed to be getting worse for me. My skin was so scaly and just covered in tiny tiny flakes that I couldn't get off. I had to moisturize multiple times a day. But I was still clear of acne. Also keep in mind I likely started with too much BP because I have used it before and I know my skin can handle it. So I recommend you follow the directions strictly.

About 2 months in, I tried the AHA. I'll just be short and sweet and say it's not for me. I used tiny amounts and my face looked and felt like it was going to burn right off. It also had no benefit that I could see. So I just stopped using it.

Cue cetaphil moisturizer + jojoba oil. One time I was at work and my skin was SO dry and I had no moisturizer on me so I ran to the drugstore next to my work and grabbed cetaphil lotion randomly which I had never tried (why I do these things I don't know). It felt thick and I didn't like it as much as the acne.org moisturizer but it was better than nothing. I put the cetaphil away that night kept using the regimen as it is (with a few drops of jojoba oil in the moisturizer). Then one night I ran out of acne.org moisturizer (and of course because I'm stupid, I didn't order more so I had none coming). My face was still insanely flakey so I said what the hell, let's try this cetaphil again.

And here we are 5 months later, happy and satisfied. The cetaphil is a bit greasy but you need that thick lotion to combat the drying from the BP. Even if you have oily skin, believe me.... The BP will dry you out. I was very surprised at that. However, with the cetaphil my face is still clear but I only have to moisturize morning and night. No flakes.

Of course, me, being stupid, I had to try and fix something that works wonderfully. A few days ago, I didn't want to pay shipping on cleanser (I live in Canada) so I thought hey I'll try one of the other cleansers Dan recommends! I tried Olay foaming facial cleanser and pretty much overnight I broke out bad. I ordered the acne.org cleanser right away and once I got back on my I routine, I was clear again. So I will never stray.

Acne.org cleanser and BP + cetaphil moisturizer with a drop of jojoba oil is my holy grail regimen. My skin has never looked like this except when I was a little kid. Another trick I use now: on a popped pimple, blister band aids or polysporin ointment instead of letting it scab up. Heals it up SO much quicker and you don't get in the cycle of picking, forming a scab, picking the scab, etc.

I never review products but I'm so happy with this and with my recent cleanser fiasco, I finally realized that this is for sure THE product for me.

Tl;dr. It works. If you've tried everything and nothing has worked and you're willing to give up OR try anything at this point, just try it.

Miracle worker
Reviewed on December 21, 2015

This product saved my life and face. 2 summers ago I was using the Proactiv 3 step product and that cleared my skin for the most part but then I thought "since my face isn't breaking out anymore I shouldn't need to clean my face." Well I thought wrong... After about 5 months of not cleaning my face properly it bit me in the face. I started breaking out a little here and there but then summer time came around and I had moderate-severe acne. It was the worst my face has ever gotten. Mainly across my forehead and side temples. I have very oily skin and it's very tough for it to absorb chemicals. I tried everything from natural home remedies to walmarts neutrogena face wash and even back to proactiv. Nothing was working for me and I felt like giving up. But then I did some research and found myself on this site reading through pages upon pages of reviews. At that point I didn't care about the money I just wanted my face to be somewhat clear again. I ordered this product back in the beginning of October and by the end of the month my cystic acne was gone and now I'm left with scars from picking. I just ordered more cleansing product and the AHA product in hopes that it'll help with the scars I have left. As of now I've only been having 2-3 pimples here and there but it's probably from so much stress. All in all, I absolutely love how fast and great this product works for me. It's saved my life and I hope it saves yours.

Ughhh
Reviewed on November 3, 2015

I'm well into week 6 and still experiencing cystic breakouts, anybody else having this issue? I don't know if I should stop or continue. Ugh!!

by oyinkan98 on 11/04/2015 04:09
Still breaking out too but not as much as before . But be patient . I am
by Doritos21 on 11/04/2015 18:13
It took me like 5 months to stop breaking out. Stick to it. It'll take time.
by jesniedz on 01/05/2016 06:54
are you following the regimen thoroughly? you have to make sure to follow each step exactly how it is instructed. also, it's important not to skip moisturizing. moisturizing is so important with this regimen. dryness leads to more acne and cysts.
by 489081_1443953490 on 02/03/2016 21:46
Hi do not get discouraged I know this was a few months ago but your skin will get a tad bit worse before it gets better. Mine is completely clear now. If this doesn't work I'm sorry:(
It works! GIVE IT TIME!!!!!!! FOLLOW IT EXACTLY!
Reviewed on October 23, 2015

Okay so it doesn't fade your scars, but it keeps the acne from coming. It took me about a month of using this EXACTLY how it tells you to. And about a month (maybe longer I don't remember) I have no acne. Although I do still have scars, they look way better without the acne making them stand out more. I use this treatment and no other products on my face. When I first started using it I waited about a month and then tried to switch moisturizers to CerVe. That was a terrible idea. My face started to break out again. So I've been using this again and now I'm at this point where my face is clear (besides one or two small zits) and I just ordered more. It is truly worth it. Just be patient. The moisturizer makes my face red yes, but its better than having acne. Also I think the red is caused by the reaction of the BP and glycogen. But in the morning I go a little lighter on the BP and wait a little longer before applying moisturizer and my face seems less red. REMEMBER YOU NEED TO FOLLOW IT EXACTLY AND GIVE IT TIME!!!

Doesn't REALLY help
Reviewed on October 19, 2015

I don't know about other people, but I know about me. Ive been using this product for a long time. 2-3 month. But nothing happened. I don't have huge acnes, but I have little acnes and sometimes a big one pops out. I do what the regimen says, wash my face, use the product (I don't really use the moisturizer) and do it twice a day. But It didn't really work. My acnes just went down by it self after 3-4 days leaving a red or black mark for a long time (Looks really ugly). And I still have a bunch of small pimples on my fore head. Don't know why every one says it works like magic...

by danielskincare on 10/19/2015 11:24
Go to the doctor. The same sort of thing happened to me. The doctor might prescribe you doxycycline.
by 337058_1443949459 on 11/30/2015 16:48
You should be using the moisturizer to restore your skin after using the treatment, otherwise the dryness can causes more acne.
WOW!!
Reviewed on October 16, 2015

Like many other reviewers, I have also tried out a crap load of products that never worked. From Proactive, Clearasil, Clinique, Drugstore products nothing has ever worked except for this! I am pretty much clear now and I have been on this for about 2 months and 3 weeks. I began noticing my skin getting clear at 2 months! I would say my skin was moderate to severe. I had painful cystic acne all over my face.. not in just one area. When I began using this product I had nothing to lose because I gave up on my skin. I am so glad this worked for me but I only use the benzoyl peroxide for my face along with Cetaphil products. I get a pimple here and there only when I use something for my acne scars and marks for the face. The first month and a half were the worst! I was so dry my eyebrows and lips hurt. I also peeled like a snake every single day. But now that my skin got use to it I don't peel and I cut down the benzoyl to a pump day/night.. sometimes only once a day. You really need to wait on this product to work because I have tried products out there that work the second day after using it and a few months in my skin would go back to the way it use to be. The benzoyl is the best product I have ever used. All I really have on my face now is acne scars :( but it's awesome to put makeup on and see no bumps! People don't stare at my skin as much as they use to and I feel more confident in myself. If you are hesitant to try this and you have lost hope just try it out for a few months. It could work for you!

by 489081_1443953490 on 02/03/2016 21:58
Update- I have now been using this for a total of almost 7 months and I am completely clear guys! I can not thank God enough for giving me clear skin with this regimen. As stated above, I did use this regimen for about 2 months until my skin began showing results. After that I continued to use only the benzoyl peroxide by itself along with cetaphil products. In December 2015, I began using the Acne.org Glycol Acid and I believe that product made my skin go from having a few breakouts a month to having no breakouts at all. If you are consistent with it your skin will have no breakouts. If you are left with acne scars please look into [link removed] because that faded my hyper pigmentation and the indents in my skin tremendously! Good luck in your journey to clearer skin :)
by 489081_1443953490 on 02/03/2016 22:08
The website is banish acne scars.. sorry the link was removed..
WOW!!