Page 2 of The Acne.org Regimen reviews

4.2/5 - 271 reviews

8 oz. Cleanser
Ingredients:
Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Moisturizer with Licochalcone
Ingredients:
Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

The Acne.org Regimen

Regimen Kit (1-2 months supply)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Effective but....
Reviewed on February 22, 2016

I was on my 2nd week of using this regimen and i can say about 70% of my acne has already cleared up. But my face was so itchy, flaky, rough, red and everytime I'd apply the bp and moisturizer my face would burn.

Is that normal?

Now is the 3rd week and I don't know what went wrong but a lot of pimples are starting to pop on my face and now i woke up with dry blood on my cheek, i might've accidentally scratched or touched it during the night when i was sleeping :((

Oh and my face is getting darker and still feels like sandpaper.

Use with caution! Real experience for me.
Reviewed on February 20, 2016

Hi, I was a long time regimen user from 2006 - 2011.

My face was breaking out horribly when I was 17. I tried a lot of over the counter acne products and skin care (which made things worse) before trying the regimen.

After trying the regimen for a month, my face cleared up dramatically and was left with only red marks and little bit of whiteheads. I used a gentle cleanser, full amount of bp, and cetaphil lotion. I was getting compliments of my skin and I had a fabulous skin until December of 2010. One day I woke up in the morning, my face was really red, cracky, puffy, and full of whiteheads and postures. I was so shocked! I thought the regimen was gonna keep me clear until I become 30 or something. I thought I didn't put enough moisturizer so I kept using the regimen with a lot more moisturizer. It only made things worse. At that time, I stopped using the regimen and went to different skin care places to find cure for my skin. Found out, I became very allergic to bp after five years of usage. Even if I dap a little bit of bp on my face, it became red, flaky, and itchy. After trying to find the new way of dealing with acne, my skin was worse than before starting the regimen and was breaking out with cysts every morning.

Then I had a thought. What if I use something simple with sulfur and salicynic acid? I did a lot of research and began to use coral kavi soap and cerave lotion. After few weeks of use, My skin cleared up with no marks! I was so surprised by the result of simple regimen! I didn't have to spend two hours of life everyday to put massive amount of bp and moisturizer! I kept the same regimen for 5 years until a month ago.

In December of 2015, my face started breaking out a little bit. The symptom was the same except it wasn't as bad as when I got off from the dan's regimen. I had pimples here and there and with help of cetaphil cream, I stayed somewhat clear. But then one day when I woke up, I looked in my car's mirror and my right side of my face was full of white heads. I knew something was wrong. I kept using it thinking that I don't even know what I need to do at this point. Things were staying the same except I was getting painful pus filled pimples again. Then I realized Whenever i overuse a harah product for a long period of time, things just stop working and makes my skin condition worse and irritated.

Starting two weeks ago, I started using purpose soap to wash my face, put Keeva tea tree oil, and moisturize with cetaphil cream or lotion. Now I added Dead Sea mud mask pack for weekly cleansing and am going to try garnier's moisturizing gel for day time moisturizer and thayles witch hazel as a toner.

This time, ever since I quickly got off the kavi soap, my face looks and feels a lot better and I stopped breaking out. I'm just dealing with what was left behind for the last few months. Thing are looking positive and am experimenting and researching for a more less irritating and natural way of dealing with acne. This time is a lot better since I became a little older than when I got off bp. By the way I'm 27 years old now.

For some people, regardless of whatever regimen, your skin is gonna be irritated and going to see worse results after long period of use. I know that dan's regimen worked great for me. But if I think about it now, it was only a temporary relief from the acne. It was dealing with acne, however, it didn't deal with the overall health of the skin condition. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try the regimen. It works! However you should lessen the usage and dosage once you become used to the regimen. For any harsh acne dealing product, you should lessen it and find a better way of dealing with acne.

I decided to write a review here to share my experience with the regimen and my acne history for the last 10 years.

I'm back to browsing the Internet trying to find something that's gonna keep me clear. This time, something less irritating and more natural.

Skin is dry and flaky!
Reviewed on February 10, 2016

I have had acne for probably 5 years. I'm a sophomore in high school and my acne has turned me into the most antisocial person you'll ever meet, because I'm so embarrassed to be in public where I know all anyone looks at is my skin. I decided to try something new because my proactiv plus just wasn't doing the trick. I had been using it for a long time and still just wasn't consistently clear. I have been using the regimen for almost 3 weeks now and my skin is disgusting. My acne is worse than it was, but that isn't the biggest issue. It is so dry than my face is flaking. It's really embarrassing and uncomfortable. I ordered the jojoba oil yesterday because I heard that might help. I'll post again after seeing if that works!

by Isha.T on 02/11/2016 02:46
Patience is the key. I just started my second month and my skin was very dry, dark and disgusiting as well. But the results afterwards is worth it!
by Isha.T on 02/11/2016 02:46
by Torie Hatfield on 02/18/2016 04:08
I second that. It took 2-3 months for my dryness to clear but man was it ever worth it. Just slather on moisturizer whenever you need it.
My Holy Grail
Reviewed on February 5, 2016

I used to have small zits all over my forehead, cystic acne on the hallows of my cheeks, pimples on my chin and scarring through out my face. Ive been on the regimen for about 4 months and my skin is clear! My scarring is gradually getting better and I've never been happier. Although my only concern is that I cannot apply any type of liquid foundation or bb cream to my face because all of a sudden it looks like my whole face is peeling away. I apply the correct amount of moisturizer and I even attempted to lighten up on the amount. I follow the instructions carefully but I'm beginning to get concerned. Anyone know how to fix this?

by Scoutyspice on 02/10/2016 15:39
Your skin is sloughing off, and while maybe not noticeable to the naked eye, when you put foundation on, these micro flakes get coated and now are enhanced. Some suggestions, try adding AHA/gycolic acid 10% to help your skin appear 'smoother'. Another may be to amp up your moisturizer at night, to help plump up your skin. Use an emollient formulation at night. If your environment is dry--winter weather or indoor climate control, drink more water and use a good moisturizer under your foundation. (Let the moisturizer absorb into the skin, then apply your foundation.) Also, you could try a mineral foundation (get a sample) to see how your skin does. Buff it into the skin with a clean, gentle brush after your moisturizer has had ample time to absorb into your skin. Summary--drink more water; apply more moisturizer (hydrating emollient type); apply moisturizer under your foundation (regardless of the foundation's description; and add AHA/glycolic acid 10% to your routine (see acne.org's directions).
YES YES YES
Reviewed on February 4, 2016

Let me just start by saying, if you're not convinced on buying this product, but it now!

I was 16 in the second semester of my junior year and I started to get acne. Not to bad but by my senior year it was really bad. No one ever made fun of me because I had acne but I knew people saw it. Although it was moderate acne I still got bad zits some times. I would be ashamed to talk to people really close up or even look at them while we were talking. I know it sucks. Any way so one day I decided to finally sit down and browse for an actual acne remedy that worked! And guess what I found it. I think I remember typing "acne" in googled search box and bam ! Acne.org! I looked into this product just like you did ! And 97% of the reviews were great.

The first Day i used the product my face felt fine. When i woke up the next day it didn't look to different. I used it for about 4 days then the dry skin. It really sucked ! But I saw improvement so I stuck at it. Then I got a really good job at a cancer hospital and I had to start going to work at 8:00. Not only did it take forever to do my favs looked like a shade of red when I would get to work and it was kinda bad. But by lunch time it would be fine. Then when my fave got mostly clear I just started using the product only at night time and my face is better then ever!! I thank god for blessing me WITH a clear face everyday and I don't think I'll ever go away from this product !!! I hope to see some new products soon maybe more facial creams or oils or maybe even another line up of a regimen ! Anyways thank you acne.org regimen ! For giving me my set esteem back.

Fantastic
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Now, to begin. I'm a 16 year old high school Junior. The first encounter with acne was my freshman year of high school at the beginning of summer. It was just a view zits so I brushed it off thinking no big deal. Near the start of school, my acne took an explosive turning point. Zits and cysts began forming everywhere. I started becoming desperate and ashamed of my face. Going to into public, I'd always wear a hoodie to shield my face. I've used every possible home remedie. Some did have effect, but not enough to stop my acne. It would comeback more stronger. Then about 2 months ago I discovered the regimen. I'm not really a skeptical kind of guy. I was pretty impulsive ordering it immediately. After purchase and arrival, I tried it. Worked great at first, but I had a problem picking zits, I eventually stopped and let the acne regimen do its thing. It definitely cures acne, I mean I still have some breakouts, but nothing too noticeable. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was because of the obnoxious dry skin. Beware the dry skin.

Worst mistake ever!! 😖😖
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

If there is anything i regret more than anything in this world is buying this product. Worst mistake of my life. Bought this product 3-4 months ago and my acne has drastically gotten worse. i tried inboxing the acne.org team to find out what could be wrong and all they did was ignore me. I have decided to use up all the product since it was so damn expensive but that is the first and last time buying this. I feel conned and i have warned all my friends who were to buy it against buying it. My acne is so bad right now i cannot believe it. I was so excited when i ordered this product. I felt like i could fly halfway and meet the plane flying this product to me as i could not wait to use it and i was 100% certain that my acne journey would finally come to an end. Now all i do is look at my face and shed tears 😪😪😪

by 489081_1443953490 on 02/03/2016 22:06
For some it could take less than 3-4 months to see results. Others more.. In my case I was lucky to see my skin clear around 3 months. I wish you the best in this regimen and I know exactly how you feel but if it helps maybe keep trying it and if that doesn't work then I'd recommend a dermatologist.. Best of luck!
by Scoutyspice on 02/10/2016 15:52
Try skipping the program's moisturizer, and find another gentle one. That is the one product that could cause issues for some. Also, did you try adding fish oil & zinc to your daily multi? I had much better results when doing that. Definitely check out the 'Diet & Stress' section--found under the About Acne tab on the right side. Also, stay out of the sun, and use sunscreen daily. Another help, may be to get your hormones checked out (blood work under a doctor's care), as there may be more to your situation that what is obvious. I am not doubting your diligence, it is just some people need more than just the regimen to see results. Wishing you the best.
DISAPPOINTED!!!
Reviewed on January 31, 2016

Im 16 years old,and Ive been having acne since i was 14 and it wasnt serious it was just a couple on my forehead and cheeks,i used benzoyl peroxide and it did help but very slow,after using it for more than a year i decided to put an end to my acne and bought this kit which made it a lot WORSE,like A LOT,im so pissed right now,i wish i could go back to december and never bought this crab,it ruined my whole face in a MONTH,i dont even feel confident going outside!!!

by 489081_1443953490 on 02/03/2016 22:03
It may get worse before it gets better. Everyones skin is different. Please do not get discouraged and keep using it.
Success in Hartford, WI
Reviewed on January 12, 2016

After buying and trying several products to no avail, I bought your regimen. After 4 weeks, my daughter has a clear face! We are so very happy to have found this website and the products you sell. The moisturizing lotion does not work well for her skin type, but she has substituted my L'Bri gentle moisturizer and that has done the trick. The Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide you sell are the bomb! Thank you!

1st week
Reviewed on January 11, 2016

Its my first week and seems like is working I'll come back in a month.